It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proving The Existance Of God Cannot Be Done, Stop Trying

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 02:36 AM
link   

In case you haven't realized, it is impossible to disprove the giant green cookie monster of doom. A lack of proof is disproof, such as a lack of light is darkness. Since there is no proof, God is already disproved on a physical basis. Everything is possible, but I'm interested in what is probable.

Using this logic, because the MISSING LINK has not been found, evolution has been disproved. Since there is no proof of a missing link it simply does not exist.

I doubt that you believe the above statement is true, but hey it is your faith that leads you to think that way.

I personally am a believer in GOD, but I will never attempt to prove his existence. It simply is not my place to do so. One day God will make himself known to all of us and prove once and for all his own existence.

For all the other believers out there, God has already shown himself to them. I believe strongly that there is no such thing as blind faith. It is not in human nature to just believe in something that you have never experienced. All believers have their own reasons for their faith in God. Some people have experienced his ways first hand. To those that truly believe, proving he exists is as much a waste of time as proving that water is wet.

That being said, I do agree with the OP, proving the existence of God is impossible. But that doesnt meant that one does not exist.

Star to the OP, good topic.

JesterMan

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by DarksDeception

If God did create us, then he created us as physical beings designed to use logic. Then humans, who try to make the Bible 'work', state that he is spirit and we cannot understand his infinite wisdom. If this is the case, then why did God create us in such a way that 90% of the population would not be 'saved'? It would be like me locking a 2 year old in a room with a shotgun. There's a 90% chance that he will blow his brains out, but I'm only interested in the 10%. My point is, if God did exist, it would be his responsibility to make sure that 90% of his creation does not spend eternity burning in hell.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chief O
One does not have to prove the existence of God. The proof is right in front of your eyes! The beautiful world that surrounds us IS God. You humans have not understood the laws of time and space infinity. That is why you waste your time debating the obvious. If there is no God, how did the first ever piece of substance come into existence? There is not one atheist in the world that can answer this question. Unbelievers are cerebral prostitutes and it is pitiful.

You lost me there chiefy.....

I was right with ya until got to the "you humans..." part. Are you implying that you're an alien?

-Euclid

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by AlexG141989

Actually I did see that.... but the rest of your posts imply that you did not believe your statement that you could not disprove the existence of GOD.

So I posted. Take it or leave it buddy. I was an atheist at one time too.... the answers are in the unification of science and religion. At one time in the deep dark past they were one and the same. Quantum mechanics is quickly melding the two back together.

-Euclid

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Reddupo
when you find god, you'll laugh at how the old you thought

[edit on 8-8-2008 by Reddupo]

cool. very zen

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chief O
If there is no God, how did the first ever piece of substance come into existence? There is not one atheist in the world that can answer this question. Unbelievers are cerebral prostitutes and it is pitiful.

I hate recycled logic. I could ask the same question of your God. Not one Christian can say how God came to be or why God is, and yet you would not consider this proof against God. You're perception is blinding you from the obvious truth that there is no proof that God exists.

Originally posted by JesterMan
Using this logic, because the MISSING LINK has not been found, evolution has been disproved. Since there is no proof of a missing link it simply does not exist.

As I stated, I'm interested in what is probable, not what is possible. If I was interested in what was possible, I would be a part of every religion under the sun. I'm not sure if evolution is true or not because honestly, I haven't done the research. However, I think you misunderstood my post. With evolution, there is evidence, perhaps not concrete evidence, but there are many things that point to evolution. I am talking about a complete and utter lack of evidence, which is religion. I think you would agree that, even though you cannot disprove my Giant Green Cookie Monster of Doom, nothing physical points to such a creature, therefor it is understood to be disproved until otherwise proven.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by AlexG141989

OK, I get ya guys now.... When I was your age that's when I was an athiest too. Ended for me right around 30..... but I did a lot of reading 3 to 5 500 page books a week for several years. Don't stop looking. Read science, religion, philosophy and psychology. When ya'll get to be about 35 or so you'll begin to "re-evaluate" things a bit. I didn't realize you were at that age.

Just remember old Euclid.... and what he told you.

-Euclid

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Man, these posts keep popping up. Why not chime in, I say.

A man can believe what he wants, that's his right. But, the reality is, you probably should disprove a creator first, before you say there isn't one.

For some people, creation is an unshakable truth. I'm not talking about blind faith either. Some people just know it, it's not a belief to them. It's not something you can force on someone, though.

Troy

[edit on 8-8-2008 by cybertroy]

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Hello

Yes it can.

This is GOD

theresonanceproject.org...

64 tetrahedron topological structure, based on a fractal growth of cubeoctahedrons or vector equilibriums, is fundamental to Haramein's Unification Theory.

BR
PPL

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by PPLwakeUP

You probably know this already PPL.... E8!

All those geometric patterns are the differential equations of E8 viewed from slightly different perspectives. It is beautiful. It is GOD.

en.wikipedia.org...

An Exceptionally Simple Theory of Everything

-Euclid

[edit on 8-8-2008 by euclid]

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 03:21 AM
link   
the beauty of a spirtual belief is that it can grow and change and recognize that theres still mystery in reality. i think if we ever knew everything had proven it all correct and fully understood it we would as a species stop striving to change our reality. and a static reality is a dead reality. the universe is a dynamic ever changing system, a form of orderd chaos and that makes living intresting and worth paying attention to.

matter or energy can never be destroyed instead it changes form and function and i dont see why humans would be an exception to this. you want people to stop proving god exsists, others want people to stop trying to prove a god dosent exsist. its not the exsistance of a god thats important.

its what that belief makes you feel about reality thats important. if your belief makes you strive to be a better person, or to create a better world for others no matter what dogma and ritual trappings you add to it, the fact that it has that impact on you is what matters. if it gives you hope, or makes you examine things from diffrent angles thats a good thing.

but if you use it as a exscuse for living in fear or forcing that fear on others then somewhere you lost the true meaning of spirtuality. it dosent matter what you believe in , it only matters that you believe

live love be believe

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Now that is what I call undeniable proof of a Creator. The Golden Ratio, a number that occurs in every living thing on earth.

Random sequences that exist because of evolving from a rock from space??
Don't think so.

Atheism is the most retarded religion on earth. You need to have a LOT of faith to believe that NOTHING exploded, and out of that nothing came a rock that landed in the ocean ( don't forget the soup part), and BOOM! Here we are today.

Right

"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind."
"I am convinced that He (God) does not play dice."
--Albert Einstein

If you think you are smarter than Albert, be my quest...

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by PPLwakeUP

Seriously? This proves God how? I guess in the end, all I can do is smile and nod at some people's perception of what proof is.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 03:39 AM
link   
If your an atheist, then no matter what people say to you, you still wont believe god exists... so whats the point?

IMO Me or any other theists don't need to prove that God does exist.
Its a personal belief that you hold. But if you want actual physical proof, its all around you, and in the universe, the proof you want is in every living thing.

If you haven't noticed our solar system is in PERFECT harmony... The distance from the Sun, the Moon, the rotation, the axis of the earth, it is all balanced.. And why all these religions and 9 different Prophets? Look at how many different races/cultures/traditions/beliefs we have on this planet...doesn't this mean anything at all...?

The last "proof" I can provide for you is: Your Soul. Where do you think it came from? Take a look at the human body and examine how a child is born, when it is born into this world, it is absolutely pure, who / what created all this in the beginning? Did It just happen miraculously you suggest? Man did not create himself in the beginning, and we did not evolve from apes either. I believe the soul is what puts us apart from other animals.

But then, it all comes down to your way of thinking and living, and your beliefs & what you make of life.

Out of curiosity I want to ask you a question if you don't mind? Are any of your parents atheists as well.. and also have you ever been to church?

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Saidar

Now that is what I call undeniable proof of a Creator. The Golden Ratio, a number that occurs in every living thing on earth.

Random sequences that exist because of evolving from a rock from space??
Don't think so.

How is that even remotely related to proof? That's like saying that creatures on earth share many of the same body parts (eyes, ears, mouth, etc.) and therefor must have the same creator. Have you thought of a reason besides God? Perhaps that we all share the same environment and are going to have several things in common because of it?

Atheism is the most retarded religion on earth.

Atheism is not a religion, but a lack of one.

"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind."
"I am convinced that He (God) does not play dice."
--Albert Einstein

If you think you are smarter than Albert, be my quest...

I wouldn't say I'm smarter than Albert Einstein, just more informed. I know that more often than not, people choose to believe something because they want to, regardless of the facts. This is basic human psychology, illogical though it may be. This is why IQ has absolutely nothing to do with being a Christian or an atheist.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 03:42 AM
link   
God is a concept made up by our ancestors. Ancestors that couldn't understand nature, science and physics.

Nowadays as we progress in all the fields stated above, less people believe in god and more and more are becoming and are born atheist.

I believe in God and I know he exists. God represents the higher beings that have visited our planets ages ago and have ever since influenced us politically and religiously.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by euclid

E8? Could you explain this a bit more?

I'll probably understand if I knew what e8 stood for.

EDIT: nevermind... posted this after walking away for awhile

[edit on 8-8-2008 by dunwichwitch]

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthParadox

"How is that even remotely related to proof? That's like saying that creatures on earth share many of the same body parts (eyes, ears, mouth, etc.) and therefor must have the same creator. Have you thought of a reason besides God? Perhaps that we all share the same environment and are going to have several things in common because of it?"

Why are all atheists so blind?? I take it you believe that you came from a rock that turned into the person that is you today. Ok, if that is true, then hear me out: Evolution is based on RANDOM CHANCE of something happening and that is why all the atheist scientists defend the idea that the earth is billions of years old. Because without the extreme amount of time that it takes for a fish to turn into a monkey, the theory of evolution would NOT be possible. And there is more than enough evidence that the earth is definitely not that old. Go do your research I don't have the time to write about all of it.
Of everything that we see here today is based on random chance, how can a specific number be seen in EVERY living thing on earth??? To give an example the relationship between male and female bees in a colony is ALWAYS exactly phi (golden ratio) ( That is of course if they don't get hit by a tidal wave or something :lol

And please answer this question: How can something less intelligent design something that is more intelligent than himself? How can a piece of dead matter turn into something intelligent? How can a rock turn into DNA, the programming code of life??

If you can write a computer program, that writes by itself a more complex program than itself, then I'll believe in evolution.

Now there is a challenge for all atheist programmers

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Sometimes I want to smack atheists and say "Stop being so god damn bitter and miserable and ruining the planet with your egotistic progress towards discord with all that's around you!"

Seriously... as civilization becomes less dependent on nature and higher awareness/higher powers to guide them, look at all we've destroyed. As this belief is no higher power and no cause for our being grows... disharmony within the system of life has also ben further exacerbated. Hmm...

Coincidence?

[edit on 8-8-2008 by dunwichwitch]

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by MASH_DADDY
IMO Me or any other theists don't need to prove that God does exist.
Its a personal belief that you hold.

I agree, there's no need for you to prove that God exists. I think that's what the OP was getting at. There is no proof, so theists should not attempt to prove it.

If you haven't noticed our solar system is in PERFECT harmony... The distance from the Sun, the Moon, the rotation, the axis of the earth, it is all balanced.. And why all these religions and 9 different Prophets? Look at how many different races/cultures/traditions/beliefs we have on this planet...doesn't this mean anything at all...?

The last "proof" I can provide for you is: Your Soul. Where do you think it came from? Take a look at the human body and examine how a child is born, when it is born into this world, it is absolutely pure, who / what created all this in the beginning? Did It just happen miraculously you suggest? Man did not create himself in the beginning, and we did not evolve from apes either. I believe the soul is what puts us apart from other animals.

The Bible states that God is infinite in wisdom, power, and glory. This
would make him infinitely more complex than our universe, and yet, you have no trouble believing that God just came to be, so why not the universe? I am well aware that our knowledge of the universe cannot yet come close
to explaining it's existence, but that doesn't mean there isn't an explanation.
Also, I agree that the odds of the solar system being the way they are would appear to be very low. If you look at the whole picture, however, and see that there possibly billions of solar systems in the universe, then you will see that such conditions are bound to occur by simple chance. Imagine using a computer to calculate a random number from 1 to 1 billion. say you got the number 200. You could say that the odds are extremely low that you got the number 200. However, if you look at the whole picture, the odds will be extremely low given any outcome.

Out of curiosity I want to ask you a question if you don't mind? Are any of your parents atheists as well.. and also have you ever been to church?

I realize this question was meant for the thread starter, but since I'm also an atheist, I might as well say that both my parents are theists, and I did go to church.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join