It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proving The Existance Of God Cannot Be Done, Stop Trying

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   
No, to me it seemed like your post was completely off topic for some reason

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by AlexG141989

well the subject was proving the existence of god cannot be done. and i was telling you about how i proved the existence of god, to myself. those were some of the steps i took to arrive at the point where it dawned on me that god was real and he had buddies -- lots of buddies. but to get to that point, i had to really want to find out. some people say "prove it", but they never really try to prove it to themselves. seems to me, whenever you want to learn something new, you actually need to pick up the books where the new info is, and study it yourself. don't think it rubs off very well, second hand.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   

ABSOLUTELY AGREE!

And I am a Christian! No one can proove God, but Himself alone! Fullstop!

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   

There is proof. He gave his son as proof. Just my 2 cents. Maybe it is too simple for some to see it that way.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarksDeception

ABSOLUTELY AGREE!

this is not exactly correct. as time approaches the big arrival, data on everything, from the ancient past to the futurescape, are becoming increasingly more available. some things are proving themselves to be incorrect, some to be quite possible, and other things that seemed unconnected before, are suddenly being revealed to be connected (and that's just in the area of language and archaeology). for some folks, evidence comes in different packages.

[edit on 7-8-2008 by undo]

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo

ABSOLUTELY AGREE!

this is not exactly correct. as time approaches the big arrival, data on everything, from the ancient past to the futurescape, are becoming increasingly more available. some things are proving themselves to be incorrect, some to be quite possible, and other things that seemed unconnected before, are suddenly being revealed to be connected (and that's just in the area of language and archaeology). for some folks, evidence comes in different packages.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo

ABSOLUTELY AGREE!

You say, "not exactly correct" When someone asks for proof, it is exact!
And beyond that, you speak of evidence of individual things! Evidence of such things, does not prove God! for only through His spirit, is the testmony of truth! Thats His own words!

So, only Christ can show you truth! Not man!

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   

So, only Christ can show you truth! Not man!

that's changing, ever so slightly. for example, during the enlightenment, they claimed to have proven that none of the ancient historical texts were reliable or true, for that matter. but since then, science and archaeology have proven that many of their original reasons for claiming the ancient texts were lacking any validity, were incorrect. the foundation for believing the ancient texts of our ancestors are fables and myths, is crumbling.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlexG141989
I dont have a problem with people who believe in God, just when they claim that they can prove that he indeed does exist. Proving the existance of God cannot be done, there is a reason it is called faith. It is called faith because there is no factual evidence that points to it being a fact.

the following description of personal experience written after original sad lonely post was the final straw on the camel's back, prompting rivers of tears then 48hrs of amnesia coupled with catatonic fit due to lcd induced trippy vision of the vesica pisces diamond helix dna phi golden mean avebury holonomic holographic co-creation metaphysical spiritual matrix scenario 51 degree pyramid galactic core stelllar point moon/sun telepathy and synchronicity, hyperdimensional flower essence deva soul of love christ buddha krishna saints disciples light atlantis collective consciousness of all humanity zygote time/space continuum, reincarnation planetary logos alpha/omega all masquerading as being god as a human being driving around los fallen angelos in a red 74 thunderbird: "hey man maybe I am a cokehead drug fiend but I don't have a problem wiv those who dont believe in god, just when they claim they can prove He doesn't exist. Proving the non - existence of God cannot be done, there is a reason it is called reason. it is called reason because there is factual evidence that points to it being unknown...." hello? hello? is . there. anyone. goddamn. out. there. confusion....sadness,andpain my man, i feel it in the ranks. you'll know God when he wants you to and that time is coming brother make sure you keep your room tidy eh?

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 12:33 AM
link   
god or no god...

i think we all know this question doesn't matter in any sort of practical sense. it's strictly philosophical. that's the whole point isn't it? to stretch your mind.

if god is real.. everything is the same as it was 5 seconds ago
if god isn't real.. everything is the same as it was 5 seconds ago

the answer to life (in a general sense) is balance.

anything can be looked at in a practical light. and anything can be looked at in an intuitive light. the key is balance, and merging the two to create something new.

religious people don't get on the highway and do 90 miles an hour then strap on a blindfold and say "god, guide me down this busy street". no, they use a practical solution to solve a practical problem.

practical people don't go to the gym and work up a huge apetite and then go home and eat a bunch of vitamin pills. they trust their instincts and eat steak and potatoes even though eating vitamins would be a completely logical thing to do.

we all have 2 sides to our brain. the god question is just one small facet of this huge universe. i believe that merging the two is necessary to truly understand anything. the unimaginable is exactly that, a surprise. why should you settle for some 2000 year old story that makes no sense and is probably nothing more than the first commercial ever made. it's your life we're talking about. do something different.

and please.... people...
quit saying "your" for "you are" IT'S "YOU'RE"!!!

(really bothers me, lol)

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 12:42 AM
link   
If you cannot fathom that everything you see around you including the stars above all must have had a beginning therefor a creator since logic and science dictates everything must have a beginning and cannot just poof magically into existance, then you are a lost cause to try to convince. All the proof you need is just about anything you look at. Looking at yourself is proof enough.

But some people rather believe we formed from monkeys over millions of years, it was entirely chance that life is as perfect as it is and as complicated as it is, and that the universe just magically poofed into existance. Some cases people are more accepting to aliens creating us, but God? Oh no, that's far fetched. It's every bit as far fetched as atheists claim God is. It's faith on both accounts, period. The question is who is right. I rather believe a higher power created everything than accepting, "there is no creator, and we just don't know how everything came into being. We're still working on it to learn" Make no mistake. You cannot prove your side anymore than we can. But we certainly have the edge and always will.

We'll just have to agree to disagree. I'm just sorry for people who can't fathom why a God wouldn't make his self known 24/7/365 in broad daylight. Throw the bible at them to explain it to them and it's "just stories, not proof." He gave us the freedom of choice. To be among us is to not give us much choice. It is because of giving us choice that you have the freedom of choosing to believe or not believe. In your mind, if you're truly open to accepting there is a god, would you not want the freedom of choice over no choice? Would you want a dictator for a God?

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 12:43 AM
link   
take a look in the mirror, that's a very SOLID proof of God's existence

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by LiquidCrystalz

You want people to stop trying to Prove God is real?
Why don't you put us all to shame and prove that he isn't..

I cant prove that he isn't, the very same way that you can't prove that he is. Do you understand now??? Besides, like was told to me when I asked that same question, the burden of proof isn't on the atheist. It's on the one making the claims. You claim God is real, Ok where is your proof???

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Math(s)ew
take a look in the mirror, that's a very SOLID proof of God's existence

please stop with these kinds of responses. I'm sorry but they're just ridiculous and kind of funny. The simple fact that I am here is proof that my mother and father had sex and gave birth to a child. Thats it

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 12:47 AM
link   

you'll know God when he wants you to and that time is coming brother make sure you keep your room tidy eh?

or else he'll send demons to eat your face off while you're sleeping.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 12:51 AM
link   
dragging god into the middle of everything is so boring. at least come up with something different. if i was god i'd be pissed off at all the people quoting s**t over and over.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 12:59 AM
link   

There is no logic that something supposedly as powerful as a "God" never manifests itself. I'd imagine somthing on the scale of infinite size and visibility maybe outside earth visible to the naked eye, and in reality.

It makes no sense to keep an intangible presence because something that wished to be worshiped and follow would also NEED to appear to provide proof.

This is why God is a human imaginative. To explain what people can't understand.

Most if not all Preachers, Priests, Monks what have you, are very simple people, and understand very little about the environment they inhabit, on a scientific level.

I'd imagine if we were meant to "follow blindly" we would not have the intelligence to alter our environment for good or worse... What purpose would a God that wishes worship have if it's followers had the ability to completely destroy themselves, or to be destroyed by something else?

Now as you can see, we are capable to destroying ourselves and our sole environment, and everything else...

heh

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlexG141989
Ocarina Of Time was MUCH BETTER... but I haven't been on here much lately so I didn't know

Yes Ocarina of Time Is The Most Epic game of all time, soo epic that once you beat it you experience great sadness, happiness and inspiration . The final cinematics are amazingly powerful...
www.youtube.com...
ohhh yeaaaaaa, the best 11 minutes of your life. !!!!

twilight princess was insanely good , but i don't like how they are trying to modernize the ideas, you definately don't get the same feeling as Ocarina of Time. I just hope they get back on track for the next one, but come on you have to admit a link to the past is a wicked game...
www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Brainiac

This leads me to my next statement.
Animals, those being of lesser intelligence than Man.

So we should be Gods in comparison to animals, cats, dogs, fish etc...

Seeing in that we are more intelligent than them, and vastly more powerful in Godlike fashion, i.e. the ability to completely annihilate an animal and it's environment.

So since we are so much more vastly superior to animals why are we visible to them? Because that is reality. We can choose to be kind to an animal, and we can choose to be cruel but the power is still in our hands...

But we also can be killed by animals... So this is the delimma, how can we be so powerful yet so weak at the same time...

So this would be logically the same as with a God, they it he she would not be able to hide from us, and we from it so if a God existed it would be detectable on some level and vulnerable.

If this is not the case then we would not be able to hold these types of disscusions and debates. We would all just know.

[edit on 8/8/2008 by Brainiac]

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 01:16 AM
link   
what is your avatar? is that guy saying great? or racial? or what?
===

back to the topic of god. don't you think jesus was gang banged by the romans before they executed him in front of his mother?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join