It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientist Kills himself as Feds File Anthrax charges

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

Hi all..

LOL @ aol for saying the mystery is solved..

in my opinion the guy was going to talk so they killed him

remember we are in the age of Aquarius now....the truth shall be revealed

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
As a scientist myself and having access to all kinds of chemicals, I would hardly think that one of us would consider a Lortab overdose as the most expedient method of exiting life on this planet. Hell, the Tylenol is more toxic than the hydrocodone. A few of my scientific aquaintences have offed themselves over the years. (including one co-worker where I am still employed) None did it with opiates. Most of the death with opiates I've seen is considered accidental, especially when mixed with alcohol which has some very dangerous side effects. The last two scientist suicides I know of just used cyanide.

As a chemist, I would choose a more dramatic end, but maybe that's just me. Another entry into the ever increasingly long list of world microbiologists dying under mysterious circumstances.......

ATS

[edit on 8/1/2008 by TheAvenger]

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
Continued from above ....

"The Hartford Courant also revealed that other specimens missing included Ebola, hanta virus, simian AIDS, and two labeled 'unknown,' a cover term for classified research on secret biological agents."

Does anyone else get a kind of sick feeling in your stomach when you read the above word "unknown"? I guess I would make a pretty piss poor war monger. I can't understand why we have to have enough nukes to kill the world 47 times, let alone all these bio agents. I understand that the easy thing to do would be to release a bio agent and contaminate the world while a select few had been vaccinated so as not to mess up the landscape, but how friggin evil do you have to be to think of this in the first place? It kind of makes me ready for the end sooner rather than later.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by mirageofdeceit

The scientist had been complying as a suspect for over a year, so it's not like they just recently suspected him as the mailer.

I think he killed himself, because he knew he would be blamed for the mailings, even though he might not even had a part in it. He didn't want to be the fall guy and spend the rest of his life in prison for a crime he didn't commit,

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Now this is coming out --

Social worker Jean Duley filed handwritten court documents last week saying she was preparing to testify before a grand jury. She said the FBI was involved and that Ivins would be charged with five capital murders.

“Client has a history dating to his graduate days of homicidal threats, plans and actions towards therapists,” Duley said, adding that his psychiatrist had described him as homicidal and sociopathic.

Let me get this straight -- the guy was "homicidal and sociopathic" since his graduate days and HE WAS VETTED to work at DETRICK on BIOWEAPONS??

Does anyone really believe this????

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I dont think we need to continue to refer this scientist as a "terrorist" anymore.

Im thinking more along the lines of a coerced government agent or someone mired in the goo of uber secret top level plans to continue the "agenda" by any and all means of whatever power sees fit that we citizenry be placed into a position of being controlled.

Make no bones about it these individuals fully accept the mantra that one will need to break some eggs to make and omelet. Unfortunately we don't get one bite of their omelet.

We've lost what control if any we have over the whims of our government. The best one can do is prepare and think indenpendantly and get the survival mode parts of your brain off the shelf and dusted off.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I wonder about the other "person of interest" years back who's name was leaked to the media. His reputation was ruined and has spent years under a dark cloud. He was interviewed on TV and essentially said that his field was so specialized that finding another job in his field would be impossible.

This new scapegoat, guilty or not, had to have at least thought of that before offing himself. Last night on the news the FBI stated that sometimes an indictment puts enough pressure on a "suspect" to break a case wide open. I don't know weather this man was guilty or not and I suppose we never will know. I do know where all the pressure got them to, another unsolved case and a lot of innuendo!

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
List of Murdered Scientists

Ahhhh...Another suicided scientist to add to the other 100.

These kind of posts I do, sometimes gettin downright in an angry venting way, gets me a Special Handling designation with the airlines.

Matter fact I got one for tomorrow on Xpressjet. I wonder if it will be a little more than a thorough check of my bag.
.. Gee..i hope so,,,it will prove to me there is really no terror threat if interviewed.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Reply to post by mopusvindictus

I think it's pretty obvious this guy was set up.
This story makes NO SENSE. 3n order for this guy to kill himself, he would have had to of known he was going to be arrested. Call me crazy, but since when has the FBI announced they were going to arrest a TERRORIST suspect BEFORE they plan on arresting the guy?!?!
The answer is they don't announce it-they just arrest the culprit.
100% B.S.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
“Client has a history dating to his graduate days of homicidal threats, plans and actions towards therapists,” Duley said,

I have the news on now and it was just mentioned his current therapist had filed for a restraining order. Apparently he threatened the therapists life.

Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside knowing this is the type of person handpicked to work with the most dangerous substances on earth. I know I'll sleep better at night.

Could it be that no qualified sane person would take these jobs?

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

You should read some of the many articles. He was aware his arrest was imminent. I believe he was to be charged with 5 murders.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Reply to post by Blaine91555

Doesn't anyone else find it a bit odd that a "suspect" in perhaps one of the most famous terrorist attacks in U.S. history was told ahead of time that he was going to be arrested?

Crack coc aine dealers get less notice of their impending arrest than we are to believe this guy did.

Why wasn't this supposed terrorist taken to Guantanamo to be tortured and interrogated, assuming he was the terrorist the Gov't says he is?

Instead they let him roam free to work with dangerous biological agents for 7 years and them give him a warning before they arrest him.

I'm not buying any of this story.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Its very odd timing indeed. It almost seems like every conspiracy is coming together lately.

I dont think he was the only guy, I mean he had to have help from the government. I dont know.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
www.salon.com...

...Clearly, Ross' allegedly four separate sources had to have some specific knowledge of the tests conducted and, if they were really "well-placed," one would presume that meant they had some connection to the laboratory where the tests were conducted -- Ft. Detrick. That means that the same Government lab where the anthrax attacks themselves came from was the same place where the false reports originated that blamed those attacks on Iraq.

It's extremely possible -- one could say highly likely -- that the same people responsible for perpetrating the attacks were the ones who fed the false reports to the public, through ABC News, that Saddam was behind them. What we know for certain -- as a result of the letters accompanying the anthrax -- is that whoever perpetrated the attacks wanted the public to believe they were sent by foreign Muslims. Feeding claims to ABC News designed to link Saddam to those attacks would, for obvious reasons, promote the goal of the anthrax attacker(s).

Seven years later, it's difficult for many people to recall, but, as I've amply documented, those ABC News reports linking Saddam and anthrax penetrated very deeply -- by design -- into our public discourse and into the public consciousness. Those reports were absolutely vital in creating the impression during that very volatile time that Islamic terrorists generally, and Iraq and Saddam Hussein specifically, were grave, existential threats to this country. As but one example: after Ross' lead report on the October 26, 2001 edition of World News Tonight with Peter Jennings claiming that the Government had found bentonite, this is what Jennings said into the camera:

"This news about bentonite as the additive being a trademark of the Iraqi biological weapons program is very significant. Partly because there's been a lot of pressure on the Bush administration inside and out to go after Saddam Hussein. And some are going to be quick to pick up on this as a smoking gun."

That's exactly what happened. The Weekly Standard published two lengthy articles attacking the FBI for focusing on a domestic culprit and -- relying almost exclusively on the ABC/Ross report -- insisted that Saddam was one of the most likely sources for those attacks...

[edit on 1/8/2008 by kosmicjack]

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

I think you hit the nail on the head! It seems incredible and unlikely that our government would allow someone to do that. Also as unlikely... How's the suspect just going to walk out of this facility without contaminating people along the way? I admit most people in the facility would have been vaccinated but how bout his family, the parking lot and the guards at the compound. Everyone who came into contact with these tiny spores. It could reach into the hundreds. How could there be a breech of that magnitude without someone noticing sooner? Weren't measures in place to prevent that? Gold and Silver mines conduct better security than that! It seems odd.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
georgewashington2.blogspot.com...

The government is trying to bury the 2001 anthrax attack scandal (the anthrax came from a U.S. military base) by claiming that one of the key suspects - Bruce E. Ivins - was a "lone nut" who committed suicide. The government claims that the anthrax letters were an innocent mistake which was "part of an Army scientist's warped plan to test his cure for the deadly toxin". Case closed.

There are just a couple of loose ends:

• Ivans "was actually part of a team that helped the government investigate the anthrax attacks after Sept. 11"

• "The attacks were not entirely unexpected", according to a journalist, who was urged soon after 9/11 to take cipro by a high-level government official (confirmation that government employees started taking Cipro before the Anthrax attacks here). As Michael Fury put it, "So even if Ivins was involved, how would "a high government official" know that a rogue bioweapons scientist was going to "go postal" with anthrax if that "high government official" was not himself involved?" (and see this comment by Atrios)

• Why did the anthrax letters attempt to link 9/11 and the anthrax attack and pretend to be from radical Muslims and be anti-America and anti-Israel, if they really came from a disgruntled American?
• Why did the U.S. government - including, apparently, the people responsible for sending the anthrax letters - falsely claim (and read this) that the materials in the anthrax prove that it was manufactured in Iraq? Would a disgruntled "lone nut" be motivated to concoct a false justification for invading Iraq?

• "The FBI has completely shut Congress out of its now five-year investigation into anthrax attacks on Capitol Hill and around the nation". In other words, Congress -- which legally has every right to know what really happened, and which was the main victim of the attack -- is being kept in the dark. Why is that?

• An entirely different guy Philip Zack was actually caught on tape entering the storage area where the anthrax used in the letters was stored, without proper authorization and after being fired from his job over a racially motivated attack on an Egyptian co-worker. But instead of investigating him, or Ivins, the FBI spent years wasting time and falsely accusing an innocent guy

• The lawyer who had been representing Ivins in connection with the anthrax investigation categorically maintains Ivins' innocence
But its only crackpots who think that these loose ends point towards anything sinister, right? Well, the bioweapons expert who actually drafted the current bioweapons law (the Biological Weapons Anti-Terrorism Act of 1989), says he is convinced that the anthrax attacks that killed five people were perpetrated and covered up by criminal elements of the U.S. government. The motive: to foment a police state by killing off and intimidating opposition to post-9/11 legislation such as the USA PATRIOT Act and the later Military Commissions Act.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Awesome thread and I have little to add. Sadly most people wouldn't realise what's going on if they saw microbiologist bodies being thrown out of chematrail aircraft...

But this is the information age and people have to fight the good fight. This is one story I shall be repeating in the future.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Another theory is that the anthrax attacks were a frame job by a disgruntled lab employee with high-level access:

www.washington-report.org...

Before the investigation of Dr. Hatfill captured national headlines, another insider scientist had come under FBI scrutiny without much media fanfare. It was easy to miss the few stories published in January 2002 about Lt. Col. Philip Zack, who, like Hatfill, also had access to a well-equipped laboratory with lax security. Zack, moreover, actually worked with military-grade anthrax at Fort Detrick.

Dr. Zack left Fort Detrick in December 1991 amid allegations of unprofessional conduct. The Jewish scientist and others were accused of harassing their co-worker, Dr. Ayaad Assaad, until the Egyptian-born American scientist quit, according to an article in Connecticut’s The Hartford Courant, the country’s oldest newspaper in continuous publication. Dr. Assaad sued the Army, claiming discrimination after Zack’s badgering.

Although Dr. Zack was let go, he returned frequently to visit friends, and used the Fort Detrick laboratories for “off-the-books” work after hours. After reports of missing biological specimens—including anthrax, Ebola and the simian AIDs virus—came to light, as well as reports of unauthorized research, a review of surveillance camera tapes recorded Dr. Zack entering the lab late on the night of Jan. 23, 1992, according to The Hartford Courant report. He was let in that night by Marian Rippy, a lab pathologist and close friend of Zack’s, although she now says she has no memory of the evening. She did say that Zack occasionally visited and that other friends let him in.

Inexplicably, the national press ignored these documented unauthorized visits to a top-secret government lab embroiled in the anthrax attacks. Did journalists fear being labeled anti-Semitic for casting suspicions on a Jewish scientist?

Soon after the 9/11 attack, a long, typed anonymous letter was sent to Quantico Marine Base accusing the long-suffering Assaad, Zack’s victim in 1991, of plotting terrorism. This letter was received before the anthrax letters or disease were reported. The timing of the note makes its author a serious suspect in the anthrax attacks. The sender also displayed considerable knowledge of Dr. Assaad, his work, his personal life and a remarkable premonition of the upcoming bioterrorism attack.

After interviewing Assaad on Oct. 2, 2001, the FBI decided the letter was a hoax. While major newspapers noted that an anonymous letter had accused Dr. Assaad of bioterrorism, none followed up on it after his innocence was established. Zack’s name never surfaced again as one of the 30 suspects.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by timiathan
If you'll recall, the anthrax was sent to Patrick Leahy and Tom Daschle, the only two people who, as members of the judiciary committee, could have held up the passing of the Patriot Act I. If they don't vote it out of committee it never makes it to the senate.

They make public comments that the bill is unconstitutional, they get anthraxed, and then they roll over like babies. There's a Coincidence Theorist's wet dream.

So in my opinion, the anthrax attacks are the smoking gun -- who cares about demolition or building 7 or IN PLANE SITE. Anthrax came from Ft. Detrich to help the Patriot Act go through. What more evidence than that does anyone need?

And as for whether or not this guy did it -- who knows? He could be an innocent patsy who was murdered, or he could be an accomplice who took the fall and offed himself. Does it really matter?

wow very insightful, I never knew that, this is a serious issue if that is the case.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by fatdad
he wont be the last one to be suicided in the last weeks of the bush nightmare..(( i think i just made up a new word for murder...lol ))

I'm afraid you may very well be correct on this statement...

But somehow I have the feeling that the cleaning up shop theory may well be a best case scenario...

Alot, alot , alot of Biologists from the US and around the world have died scnince 9-11

This being so public and the outbreak in China and... I'm not a conspiracy theorist really, mainly I come to rag aliens LOL...

Something sets my inner alarm off with this one...

I've had alot of strange germs hit me this year too and I never get sick...

I live in a very nice area around some fairly important people, I am think I might have been vaccinated by air a few times this year...

and that also makes me very suspicious because... I got sick a few times with really severe symptons,that I couldn't account for from an ordinary flu... it felt like a vaccination for a deadly bug, like it was close to being something major but not...

hard to explain how your body feels...

but, it was just the impression that I got

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join