It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientist Kills himself as Feds File Anthrax charges

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 04:37 AM
link   
This is definitely more "cleaning house" before the election rolls around. The General was a part of it too. Then we find yellow cake uranium in Iraq. HHmmmmm. This is way too much stuff happening at one time....all of which brings the Republican Party into the spotlight...before the elections. They are really trying to keep the "sheeple" in the same state of brainwashedness they have been in the last 7 years and draw attention away from Barack by all means possible.

Repubs- Keeping 'em scared 300,000,000 at a time

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 04:55 AM
link   
This is reposted from a later thread, commenting on the article in the Irish Times on Ivins' death:

This is a strange story. The following excerpt is an example of what I am talking about.

www.irishtimes.com...

The army chose not to discipline Mr Ivins over his failure to report the contamination. Officials said that doing so might discourage other employees from voluntarily reporting accidental spills of "hot" agents.

I don't want to rag on the Army and the way they do things but does that course of action make any sense? Wouldn't that course of action have the effect of not discouraging other employees from failing to report accidental spills?

Here's another example:

One of his long-time colleagues said Mr Ivins, who was being treated for depression, indicated to a therapist that he was considering suicide.

Isn't it the practice of therapists to maintain confidentiality with regard to their patients?

This story might be the straight facts. They seem to be pointing at Ivins as a culprit, but the evidence is circumstantial at best. His death, it seems to me, makes it a lot easier for someone to close this case, or if not close it, let it go cold without a lot of public outcry.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

Ok..So this guy mails out anthrax right after the 9/11 attacks. He's not an Muslim extremist, but he is a bioengineer. So this was an inside job...And he committed "suicide".

Now I have some real questions...If this is an inside job to get us all nice and scared for Fuhrer Bush, then why is it a stretch to think 9/11 was an inside job?

I think this guy was a patsy, refused to play their game, and got nailed. When he refused to change his testimony, they killed him. How about that for a conspiracy? I know it isn't a very scientific way to come to this idea, but it is only an idea.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
It all makes sense now, gosh and I thought it was Muslims. Not!

I was talking with a coworker of mine just a couple of days ago that the anthrax thing needed to be rapped up before town hall type election debates started happening because someone would surely ask about the investigation and what was going on with it.

As the church lady would say, "how convenient!"

Bush knew before he told us that part of the reason for the invasion of Iraq was anthrax that the attacks were domestic. Our country has been duped for 7 years! It's time to wake up people and start paying closer attention, maybe we can do something about it before it's to late. The president is not in control of anything so don't think either current candidate can help us.

God helps those that help their selves, don't close your eyes and be ready to move!

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Very suspicious...

The original suspect gets paid off in a way that won't raise eyebrows (maybe that was his fee for the job), and a new suspect offs himself just in time to prevent a formal trial. If you think about it, it's the perfect way to pay someone for a piece of work - the money is legally transfered and no suspicion can arise from your inflated bank balance. You don't have to hide it in a foreign account or choose to abandon your old life to start over.

Oh, and isn't it odd that we didn't hear a bad word about the man until he kills himself, and then the character assassination begins in earnest. Before he killed himself, he was widely considered a happy and content family man. Once the media got ahold of the story, he became a detached loner who had been accused of stalking a woman.

It's just sketchy is all...

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by WyrdeOne

Does seem the classic formula...I think that they have stock media reactions to various key word stories filed in the back room(s)...at least I wouldn't be surprised..

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I could be wrong here, but isn't it true that men who choose to commit suicide DON'T overdose on drugs? That's more charachteristic of a woman.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
After reading the Salon.com article by Glenn Greenwald, regarding the bombardment of
government sponsored propaganda by ABC News and others attempting to tie the Anthrax attacks
to Iraq and Saddam, we have a much larger story.
www.salon.com...

First of all I find it ridiculous that an advanced bio-weapons researcher would do himself in
with Tylenol 3.
I hope his attorney demanded a fully independent autopsy.

It's also interesting how far government sources have gone to
discredit this man as a deeply disturbed individual, while ignoring how such
a person could be permitted to work under any kind of security clearance at an advanced
bio-weapons research facility.

Even more important is the fact that IF... he had gone to trial for multiple counts of capitol murder, this would have ended up in an open public trial exposing all kinds of "classified"
records and his attorney would have every legal right to full discovery of documents and the people involved in relation to this case.

With all this, the media has ignored the much larger story.

If we are to believe this one man was the only person responsible for the attacks, then
how do you explain information coming directly from Ft. Detrick , one week after 9/11
attempting to blame Iraq and Saddam for the attacks?

What we really have here is undeniable evidence and "probable cause" for an open investigation
into the use of government sponsored propaganda to mislead the American people and Congress
using clearly false information to support the invasion of Iraq.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   
lol @ CNN they are saying he was going to go on a shooting rampage against his co-workers....

what a buch of bull#....you know he was going to talk so they killed him.

9/11 was a an inside job and the anthrax was part of it imo.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skipper1975
lol @ CNN they are saying he was going to go on a shooting rampage against his co-workers....

what a buch of bull#....you know he was going to talk so they killed him.

9/11 was a an inside job and the anthrax was part of it imo.

Exactly...a scientist is not a postal worker....

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   
So, do you think he's really dead or that maybe it's some sort of government witness relocation deal?

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

but why would the single perp, or a committee of conspirators, omit the most vocal opponent to the proposed Patriot Act... Russ Feingold as he could very well swayed enough votes to nix the bill... ~but he was not sent an anthrax letter~

Feingold was a vocal dissenting voice, but as a junior senator, and not a member of a relevant committee, his vote didn't matter at all. And besides, as we've seen so many times, the illusion of a left/right paradigm is important -- if you have "two sides" to an argument, the debate must be fair and balanced, right? So having a guy like Russ Feingold stamping his feet and making noise didn't do any harm at all. It was only Leahy and Daschle that they needed to flip.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   
hey first time poster here, i log on to ats pretty much every day. had a healthy dose of 9/11 truth since 2003, and i see this topic as the biggest smoking gun the truthers have in their arsenal at the moment. why isnt this story huge right now?

i keep looking at digg waiting for the count to hit 10k but its falling under the radar. i mean, there is no way to dismiss this even if he killed himself over the stalking charges or whatever the msm is promoting. we know he was the prime suspect...by the way, the fact that there has even been an investigation was the most surprising piece of information i have read in years regarding the 9/11 truth movement.

if the investigators close this case as has been suggested, this will just be the next condemning story to slip through the cracks. the investigators had better be asking the real questions the public deserves, since we were the ones subjected to it and were affected by the associated panic. i want to know who these sources were telling the msm these letters were from iraq.

like i said this has to be the biggest break in the case and citizens' hope for some answers, short of confessions from the perpetrators of a self inflicted attack.

the purpose of this post is just to get opinions on why this story isnt blown up right now, i mean, what else would an investigator need to start getting some real answers? is this the last we are going to hear about this before the opportunity to get answers slips away?

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Primo_80

i mean, there is no way to dismiss this even if he killed himself over the stalking charges or whatever the msm is promoting. we know he was the prime suspect...

That's a great point. Even the most mundane explanation for this is a huge scandal. If it somehow really was just this scientist going nuts with megalomania, killing people with anthrax just so he could bask in the glory of his cure, the vetting of his psyche initially and the security breach of his getting the anthrax out are examples of criminal negligence by the military. It also should be fueling a debate about the need for biological weapons in a post-cold war environment.

But instead we get a few bland stories, quickly fading away.

The answer is of course, that the media is controlled by the government. Carl Bernstein made that clear 30 years ago. There were CIA operatives on the editorial boards of all major media outlets at that point, and that was before military spending went ballistic during Reagan and Bush II, and just a decade after that wing of our gov't won its war with the Kennedies. How much infiltration do you think they have by now, billions of dollars richer, and ruling unchecked for decades?

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Hey check this out. I cam across this info a while ago. This guys death makes the number of microbiologist who died five. Are they cleaning house of those who could talk? loose lips sink ships. Someone should research that social worker, she seems very sure he was the anthrax guy.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   
www.freerepublic.com... sorry I was chatting with my child and forgot to post this link

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by anyone

Yeah now that you mention it. Reminds me of MIB tactics.

The very first time I heard about the compound of tainted Tylenol being used to
kill someone was in 1954 on Ft. Lewis Army Base because the young wife of a soldier had tried to tell my mother what was happening to me under MKULTRA.
It took me years to locate the widower of that women.

Having shared that, I heard over the radio early this morning a different version of the FBI Time lines on Dr. Ivins last 5 days aired on KLBJ 590AM out of Austin around 2 am.

I am of the opinion he was set up to take the fall to protect the current administration.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   
If there's any doubt about my postings on Texas A & M
take a look at this

The Ames strain is one of 89 strains of the anthrax bacterium (Bacillus anthracis). It was isolated from a diseased cow that died in Texas in 1981. ...

all you need to do is google, ames strain of anthrax

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   
www.cnn.com...

Duley testified that Ivins had been diagnosed as a "sociopathic, homicidal killer" by several top psychiatrists.

Uhm..doesn't this seem odd to anyone else?

Even if there isn't a conspiracy here, there's a serious logical disconnect. If he truly was a sociopathic, homicidal killer, as stated above, what the hell was he doing working with a security clearance in a government bio-weapons facility? There's something seriously wrong with that...

This whole story just stinks to high heaven, and the media has been putting out one story after another trying to justify the guilty until proven innocent verdict. In their scramble to demonize the dead man, I think they're getting overzealous and maybe digging a hole for themselves.

Character assassination is great if it makes you question the character of the individual, but when the employer is the US Government, and the job description involves biological warfare agents, the question becomes - if this guy was so bad, how did he work there, and are there any others like him currently employed in a field that grants them access to weaponized diseases?

And how was it that he was able to remove the anthrax? Does the security really suck that bad at our bio-weapons facilities, that someone with a badge can just walk out with a parcel of anthrax under their arm?

Even if the party line is true, and this guy was just a lone psycho, that doesn't make me feel any better!

So what's the deal? I mean, either way this is really bad for the government - either there's a conspiracy, or just bucket-loads of stupidity.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join