It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientist Kills himself as Feds File Anthrax charges

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Scientist Kills himself as Feds File Anthrax charges

www.cnn.com

WASHINGTON (AP) -- A top U.S. biodefense researcher apparently committed suicide just as the Justice Department was about to file criminal charges against him in the anthrax mailings that traumatized the nation in the weeks following the September 11, 2001, terrorist attacks, according to a published report.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Hrrrrmm What do you guys think of this... Outbreak in China and around world of Bird Flu and suddenly they find the alleged Anthrax fellow?

Is it me or does this seem highly coincidental right now??

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 03:24 AM
link   
So does anybody think this guy was really the Anthrax attacker?

+34 more 
posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 03:46 AM
link   
If you'll recall, the anthrax was sent to Patrick Leahy and Tom Daschle, the only two people who, as members of the judiciary committee, could have held up the passing of the Patriot Act I. If they don't vote it out of committee it never makes it to the senate.

They make public comments that the bill is unconstitutional, they get anthraxed, and then they roll over like babies. There's a Coincidence Theorist's wet dream.

So in my opinion, the anthrax attacks are the smoking gun -- who cares about demolition or building 7 or IN PLANE SITE. Anthrax came from Ft. Detrich to help the Patriot Act go through. What more evidence than that does anyone need?

And as for whether or not this guy did it -- who knows? He could be an innocent patsy who was murdered, or he could be an accomplice who took the fall and offed himself. Does it really matter?

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 03:50 AM
link   
I also meant to say:

**Starred and Flagged**

I hope everyone else who sees this does. It's such a huge story, so much important than the usual "Obama is a Muslim" BS that's taken over ATS lately.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Another thing, recent releases about potential antrax use by terrorists, ascan be found in the most recent posts in the Global Terror Information Fusion Center thread, check the last three.

Good thing 100% of the US Armed Forces has been given "immunizations" against Anthrax, now if only mutations after infection could be calculated. But is this not odd, that now this issue is being brought out in the public again?

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Maybe it's wishful thinking, but I agree with Webster Tarpley, as he explained on this week's episode of Guns and Butter (KPFA Berkeley). The NeoCon War on Terrorism is over -- it's a laughing stock, and the Democrat "revolution" this November represents more than a change in parties -- it's a change in the direction of the elite. It didn't work, and now they're turning to a new model.

As with any kind of change in direction, there's going to be a lot of resistance. That "Missing Nukes" mishap was the War on Terror's last gasp -- it didn't work, and now the new wave is moving in and cleaning up shop. Just like the crews and people involved in the nukes are disappearing, this anthrax guy is probably part of it.

So in the end, this guy was either part of the attacks, or we're at least supposed to think he was. This is a decades-old game of good cop / bad cop, and the good cops are swooping in to "save the day."

A lot of speculation in this comment, but that's how I feel. We're going to get a few years of "enlightenment", maybe they'll throw us a bone and help with health care. But they need something positive to convince us, and the rest of the world, that the U.S. is still a democracy. All is above board, nothing to see hear...

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Yeah, seriously, when I try to add all this up it seem like this guy took the fall for a more wide spread conspiracy. Like the guy a couple posts above me I believe that there was some hidden agenda behind this...but at the time i just thought it was to further the whole "terrorist" propaganda and scare people(Oh my god terrorists can get you in the mail now
).I never thought who the letters were sent to was important. Either way I believe there was something behind all of this.

[edit on 1-8-2008 by AgnosticX]

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by timiathan

And as for whether or not this guy did it -- who knows? He could be an innocent patsy who was murdered, or he could be an accomplice who took the fall and offed himself. Does it really matter?

or he could be an accomplice and they can't allow loose ends or he may have known too much of something else and they could conveniently shutdown(not close) the anthrax investigation into the future and off a potential leak.
It matters if we still have some entity of law that that can do something about it. otherwise, I would have to agree with 'timiathan'. Depressing situation.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 05:12 AM
link   
He may have just wanted a raise and some job security and sent out anthrax to do it. The anthrax attacks were the best thing to ever happen to this guy; He's won awards since then... But now we'll never know what his 'true' motives are as well as his method of choosing his targets. The real gut of the story; Story shut down before it could start...

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by bDaedal4ever

I just mean that it doesn't really matter, because no matter what it is, this guy was a small pawn in a much larger chess game that we already know involves members of our own military killing 5 people and trying to kill 2 key senators. The scope is much broader and more politically telling than Bruce Ivins.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 05:39 AM
link   
doesn't the patsy always get killed? If they named him two weeks ago, I bet we could have predicted this without too much thought. Did he die on a grassy nole?

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 06:47 AM
link   
the linked CNN report does not address the Anthrax used prior to the Letters-to-the-Senators episode.

as i recall, anthrax was found at some Florida news or book station and was somehow affiliated with the flight school that a few of the 9-11 perps that commandeered the hijacked aircraft.
i believe all this (Florida anthrax attacks) was some months prior to the 9-11 and then the Letters-to-Senators attacks on capitol hill.

so, maybe the former suspects such as 'Hatfill' or others were in cahoots and Bruce Ivins is just another attempt to 'close the investigation' by dead-ending leads with 'people of interest'....
[[ just like they did with the quick release of identifying the 19 perps who flew the aircrafts on 9-11]]

[side issue]= besides mr Ivins was likely informed that he would not accompany the neocon cabal to their Paraguay or European retreats after the election, so he OD'd himself

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Yeah this whole thing stinks to high heaven!

The fact that the weapons grade anthrax that was used in the attacks was traced back to a US defense biolab is another one of those 911 incriminating facts that are so difficult for even trained monkeys to overlook.

As others have mentioned above it appears that some loose ends are being tied up before moving into a new era. Let's hope the thug wing of the global elite takes a very very long vacation... they must be exhausted after causing so much misery.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by mopusvindictus
So does anybody think this guy was really the Anthrax attacker?

a military scientist the possible anthrax attacker?
quite likely but how convenient that he is now dead and can't testify in open court about his "motive", as in who ordered him to liberate the anthrax for use against members of congress?...hmmm....bet his family is being well taken care of though...thats how it works when you take one for the 'boys'...

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 07:20 AM
link   
I am sure they are using this as an example to show anyone involved that if they come forward in upcoming indictments to testify, they will be made an example of.

Here is a video I found:

www.liveleak.com...

-Kdial1

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Yea... one aspect mentioned above that this doesn't tie together is the alleged presence of Anthrax tied to the 9/11 terrorists. That was big news in 2001. How did this guy manage that? Mailed anthrax to the terrorists before 9/11? Huh??

Hatfill had nothing to do with this. That was a bad attempt at finding a fall guy. The FBI knew that the anthrax originated at Ft. Detrick which is a pretty finite universe yet it takes them 7yrs to 'close-in' on the suspect? Exactly how many people had access to weaponized anthrax?

Clearly, they needed to tie-up these loose ends before the new administration takes office. They may be trying to head-off any new investigation that could turn-up evidence that the current administration wants burried. This Ivins clearly was not up to the legal process and may:

1) actually be involved

2) be convinced that they have developed a sham case against him that will destroy his life and family.

Certainly sounds like a heaping, steaming pile of bull to me.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Lets see.... Bush is on the way out with an all time low rating, so what could he do to make it look like he at least did something worthwhile? Knock off an innocent scientist and blame he for the anthrax attack. Victory is mine!

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 07:30 AM
link   
he wont be the last one to be suicided in the last weeks of the bush nightmare..(( i think i just made up a new word for murder...lol ))

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I find it highly suspicious. With him killing himself, it's easy to close the investigation, and say "well, the guy we think did it is dead, and we've no more suspects", etc.. so this could be the perfect closure to this case. Also, with him being dead, he can't say anything, can he?

Dead men can't defend themselves... If he didn't do it, even more reason to silence him.

news.bbc.co.uk...

[edit on 1-8-2008 by mirageofdeceit]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join