It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Water ice on Mars confirmed!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   

dvice.com

Thanks to a multi-national effort led by the University of Tucson, Arizona and NASA, the team's intrepid geological robot on Mars, the Phoenix lander, finally sent back the message the science community has been waiting with bated breath to hear after 62 Martian days: there is, without a doubt, water ice on Mars.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Finally the one big piece of the puzzle been resolved now the next question.....was there life on Mars ...is there life now?...This is getting really interesting

dvice.com

[edit on 31-7-2008 by Bunch]

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Okay,

This has my interest. Now, if we could only get clear defined pictures of the surface. I would really like some of the objects that have been said to be some type of tree form to be displayed from the ground level. If there is indeed ice from water than what is to say that there isn't some form of plant life that does not need an atmosphere such as that here on earth?

Thanks for posting.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Score one for the Mars lander!

Now go forth and find me some Martians!

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Listening to NASA TV right now(15-20 min). Sounds like very small amout of water was discovered. It looks like they want to get another sample away from the lander to verify it's not contamination. They're pretty confident it's from the soil.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
They're really dragging this out don't you think? Photographs from the last 'muddy' landing seemed pretty indicative that things weren't as dry as they originally presumed..

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Flagged & starred, nice find Bunch

This is not a total surprise, but it's still great news.

The prospects for human missions to Mars just became a lot brighter.

Being able to tap into local water sources relatively easier means human missions will be able to obtain needed resources on the surface, reducing the cost and difficulty of a manned mission considerably.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
GREAT NEWS! massive implications to this conclusion!
only a matter of time till they find the existence of past life there i say

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
About time they made it official. Everyone at NASA (and here) has known about the mars water for a while. I hope I get to see some of the benefits of this discovery in my lifetime

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Geez...thats all we need...something else for hoagland to rant on about..
Anyway good find!

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Yahoo news:

news.yahoo.com...

FOX News:

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Wow, this is a great discovery, way to go Phoenix Lander!

I bet a few science textbooks are gonna need some edits after this!

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   
MSNBC article: www.msnbc.msn.com...

MSNBC Keith Oberman is going to talk about it during the show right now. I'm sure it will be some kind of joke. That guy is odd.

AP article: hosted.ap.org...

[edit on 31-7-2008 by ufo reality]

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Damn it, just digg into the surface, look INSIDE the planet, not ON the planet. But no, they wont do that, BECAUSE THEY ALREADY FREAKIN KNOW THE MARTIANS LIVE IN IT INSTEAD OF ON IT!

Bunch of frauds!!

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bunch

dvice.com

Thanks to a multi-national effort led by the University of Tucson, Arizona and NASA, the team's intrepid geological robot on Mars, the Phoenix lander, finally sent back the message the science community has been waiting with bated breath to hear after 62 Martian days: there is, without a doubt, water ice on Mars.

until its international news theres no point discussing it. they already knew this back in 2002 anyways just dint get any samples
please see link

science.nasa.gov...

[edit on 31-7-2008 by deathpoet69]

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Well it's gaining momentum. By tomorrow it will be international...

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ufo reality

hope so. Its interesting how ats manage to find and tell us all whats going on and then nasa starts to mention it. So, since a few people have found suspect aliens on mars, could it be possible that there is and that they will announce it sometime in the future?.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by deathpoet69

Perhaps, but I doubt NASA will come clean about anything.

I emailed the three people listed as NASA contacts at the top of this page and flammed them over the UFO/ET issue/cover up.

www.nasa.gov...

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufo reality
reply to post by deathpoet69

Perhaps, but I doubt NASA will come clean about anything.

I emailed the three people listed as NASA contacts at the top of this page and flammed them over the UFO/ET issue/cover up.

www.nasa.gov...

did you? what did you say to them? i might email them to shook em up a bit dont know what to say though?.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I don't remember. I said good job on finding ice/water on Mars, but you need to stop bullsh*tting the world and tell us the truth about UFOs and ETs.

That's what I said in simple terms.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join