It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

September of '08 -- Just Listen.

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I am really proud of the ATS community, as diverse and (at times) divided as it is right now.

Many posters on this thread have taken it upon themselves to not only add content, but also run their OWN 'waves'.

Not ONLY have they done that -- but they have also extrapolated the data and compared it to a graph (the Down Jones) -- which I had never previously conceived of.

It is taxing and trying for myself to use the latest original DOS software (which I do admit, I like a bit better than the Java one) to take pics and upload.

I think with enough minds behind this -- we can either prove/disprove this theory...(the TimeWave)

I thank ALL!

I thank the skeptics the most. It's all to easy to be praised, or patted on the back -- but it's much harder to be challenged and to have to defend/prove your position.

It either makes your case stronger, or it crushes you.

On to another point --

What should we (the followers of this thread) consider "novel events" to watch for? Was/is the "Georgian Event" novel?

We ought to, as a group define "novel"....right now.

A system that only after-the-fact shows it was true is of no use to those of us alive right now.

We need a concrete, set of defining characteristics that define a "novel event" -- so that we can place them, anticipate them, and stand correct.

I call on all those with an opinion after studying "Novelty Theory" to throw their .2 in. Perhaps we can create an amalgamation of views -- and thus, a larger, more comprehensive definition.

Thanks!

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

Look at the time of your last post my friend.

Ah post before last now.

[edit on 21-8-2008 by antar]

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Eh? I do not understand?

I posted two subsequent postings...

Each had their own agenda...?

I fail to see what you are trying to convey via your post?

EDIT: My previous post before this had a time index of 8:11 PM ...? Does that hold some kind of numeric significance?

Your post has intrigued me...please can you further elaborate or explain? Does anyone else here know what he means via his post?

Please, enlighten myself!

[edit on 21-8-2008 by MystikMushroom]

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Oh two posts above my post, I couldnt help notice the time of your post being 1111. Kind of interesting how you are asking for us to work united as one, anyway its late it just seemed like a syncronicity to me. Good night.

Ps amazing.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
Oh two posts above my post, I couldnt help notice the time of your post being 1111. Kind of interesting how you are asking for us to work united as one, anyway its late it just seemed like a syncronicity to me. Good night.

Ps amazing.

Ah, I understand now. *smile*

Yes, 11:11 drives me crazy. I see it every day on out-of-time clocks to my computer.

I am not a "special" person. That post was totally random -- good eye for catching that detail my friend!!!

I'm just a little, humble, and very lonely single man -- trying to make sense of a huge, and frustratingly complex universe.

Thank you for your reply!!

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by MystikMushroom
Yes, 11:11 drives me crazy

A question for you.

Of the numbers that you see eerily, such as your 11:11 ..........

Comparing the last couple of weeks to that of several months ago, has there been a drastic spike or deficit in how oftern you see them?

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by MystikMushroom
On to another point --

What should we (the followers of this thread) consider "novel events" to watch for? Was/is the "Georgian Event" novel?

We ought to, as a group define "novel"....right now.

A system that only after-the-fact shows it was true is of no use to those of us alive right now.

We need a concrete, set of defining characteristics that define a "novel event" -- so that we can place them, anticipate them, and stand correct.

I call on all those with an opinion after studying "Novelty Theory" to throw their .2 in. Perhaps we can create an amalgamation of views -- and thus, a larger, more comprehensive definition.

Thanks!

Novel, IMHO, would by necessity, mean "unusual" or maybe "different", "unique", or "not normal". I really think that it would be difficult for any event to qualify, or to stand out, simply because there is "nothing new under the sun". This does not mean I think that "Novel" can't be defined for our purposes here, or that there will never be an event that qualifies. I just think it will be difficult to get there.

What I really see happening is a continued deterioration of society and culture to the point that we will either destroy ourselves or rebound and fix the problems. It is really up to us. I am a firm believer in the human spirit and our ability to solve problems. I am not so sure about our willingness as a species to do that.

Just my opinions...

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
You said that novelty would bottom out in 3-5 weeks.

Does that mean novelty starts to decrease again and things balance out after that or is each new period of crazy-time get crazier and crazier in the near future?

EDIT: yes I know the theory, the spiral is tightening to 2012, but I mean in the next 6 months. From the graph on wikipedia

upload.wikimedia.org...

I'm reading that september will be the turning point for just insane madness to start

But then again, Im not confident in my ability to interpret this thing.

[edit on 22-8-2008 by Reddupo]

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 04:40 AM
link   
It does look weird doesn't it...that long drop in September with no recovery afterwards. All the other drops are followed by eventual recovery, and that this one isn't is worrying to say the least. How does the graph behave after this point? However, we are uassuming that novelty is bad....novelty might be a really good thing...useful scientific discoveries, shift in consciousness, and so on....I can't down load any of these graphs for some reason...maybe I'm just not doing it right.

Cait

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   
similiar to i ching? hmmm sounds powerful, would you describe it being easy to use? wwhere do you get the numbers and information to input into it? thanks!

(y)

indigo

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
OK I'm having a marked increase in synchronicities of late.Just now the radio said 'digging' and 'dirty' face,talking allegorically about some aspect of the race for white hous,etc,when I was stepping out my door and looked over to make eye contact with my dog whose face was covered in dirt from my ex's dog who was digging a hole,uncharacteristic of both of them.Mine,the rottie would never put up with that kinda shower,and the other dog is too lame to dig and has been so for years,at least hasn't been digging for that long.
Which connection is meaningless,of course,except that I am a pattern recognition creature,and I feel a delight when presented with connection or novelty for that matter.No matter the cause,it feels great to invent some new tool or have that"Aha!" moment.Which is another part of this discussion,that great feeling.It might make us humans a sort of living arbiter of the course of novelty ingression.Do those who fear novelty have a similarly felt,but opposite,reaction,I wonder?I wasn't always this was.Alot has to do with not minding being part wrong about most everything.So a very marked increase in synchronicities is one of the signs spoken of by the late TMcKenna.Now I shall see if they stop because I spoke of them,as sometimes does happen in these realms.
BTW This delight is also why I do not fear all this 12-21-12,but look forward with eager expectation.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Thanks guys!

Man this world is getting nuttier and more insane by the day! Events and scientific discoveries are coming out of the wood works left and right it would seem!

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by caitlinfae
It does look weird doesn't it...that long drop in September with no recovery afterwards. All the other drops are followed by eventual recovery, and that this one isn't is worrying to say the least. How does the graph behave after this point? However, we are uassuming that novelty is bad....novelty might be a really good thing...useful scientific discoveries, shift in consciousness, and so on....I can't down load any of these graphs for some reason...maybe I'm just not doing it right.

Cait

Well,

According to the "Wave" -- this is the largest slide into "Novelty" in years -- one which we will never "recover" from.

The wave will never peak above the point it started to descend in late August -- ever (until it ends in 2012) ...

Many other slides often dig themselves back out and rise above the point from which they slid -- this is not the case here.

Hence the reason I found this so compelling and decided to share with all of you. (now the truth really comes out haha)

I'll make a statement now, right here, right now.

On Sept. 15th, I will post on this thread -- and highlight all the historical events that have happened since this threads conception.

We all, as a community can then pick-apart and dissect these events to try and find either; A: No pattern of novelty -- or B: a pattern of novelty.

If "A" is chosen -- I shall stand corrected. Tar and feather me -- laugh and make fun of me. Throw "web-stones" at me.

I'll still be here, and reeling and trying to find out where I went wrong.

[edit on 27-8-2008 by MystikMushroom]

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by indigothefish
similiar to i ching? hmmm sounds powerful, would you describe it being easy to use? wwhere do you get the numbers and information to input into it? thanks!

(y)

indigo

If you understand the concepts of the I Ching -- than yes, it would be "easy to grasp".

I suppose at 16 pages into this thread it might be prudent to list off some very informative links and videos!

Terence McKenna Talks About the Timewave

Terence McKenna on Habit vs. Novelty

Math of the TimeWave

Re-examination of the Timewave by Sheliak

How the I Ching and the "Time Wave" were made...

[edit on 28-8-2008 by MystikMushroom]

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Well,

Due to the nature of Novelty Theory -- I realize now that I can't ever be proven "right" about this -- only proven wrong.

That's okay though...

If Sara Palin, my Governor being put on the ticket as VP isn't a Novel event -- whew, I'm not sure what else is!

She was put on the ticket 88 years to the day women achieved the right to vote...resonances ... ?

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Well - Palin on the Republican ticket may be somewhat novel but Obama - the first openly Black candidate in the history of he United States to actually take the nomination I'd say trumps that... plus we haven't reached the September deadline date yet so the field is still open for novel events....

Events so far this month - you decide how novel -
Obama nomination
Palin Nomination
Hurricane Gustav bearing down on the gulf coast
Assassination attempt on Obama foiled
Georgia and Russian conflict
Dutch newspaper reports recall of citizens from Iran because of "leaked" reports about possible bombing of Iran by U.S. in a few weeks. (this may be a red herring but interesting nevertheless)
Beijing Olympics (China opening her doors to the world for the first time since the revolution)

Its been a busy August

Can's wait to see how September pans out..

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by realshanti

I'd say the Georgia/Russia war.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by realshanti

Well - Palin on the Republican ticket may be somewhat novel but Obama - the first openly Black candidate in the history of he United States to actually take the nomination I'd say trumps that... plus we haven't reached the September deadline date yet so the field is still open for novel events....

Events so far this month - you decide how novel -
Obama nomination
Palin Nomination
Hurricane Gustav bearing down on the gulf coast
Assassination attempt on Obama foiled
Georgia and Russian conflict
Dutch newspaper reports recall of citizens from Iran because of "leaked" reports about possible bombing of Iran by U.S. in a few weeks. (this may be a red herring but interesting nevertheless)
Beijing Olympics (China opening her doors to the world for the first time since the revolution)

Its been a busy August

Can's wait to see how September pans out..

Obama nomination - NOVEL
Palin nomination - NOVEL
Hurricane Gustav - NOT NOVEL
Assassination foiled - not sure, but assassinations are not novel or even rare
Georgian/Russian conflict - Not even close
Leaked report - Paaaleeeese!
Olympics in China - NOVEL

My opinions of course. but I do agree, August has been busy. I think September promises to be the same. And in spite of the shotgun approach, due to the above mentioned events, I am sold on the timewave/novel theory.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Thanks guys for your quick replies!

Like I said -- I can't ever be proven "correct" -- nor do I really expect to now that I fully understand the nature and individual fractal nature of personal "novelty".

Things are getting "nutty" -- general consensus?

More so than in July or previous months before. Novelty means "change" to myself -- that which is outside of the normal paradigm of progress....be it good or bad.

The pundits and the skeptics will assail upon me for my false predictions, and I welcome their contentions...but those of us that "feel" and are willing to understand and "see" the novel nature of our world at-large do understand.

I am still here, will still be here...

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
From my thread "September Horoscope"

Sudden changes provoked by this explosive lunation include the fall of authority figures, major accidents or geological upheaval. On an individual level, the challenge is to awaken to a new reality without rushing into it or running away from it. Genius ideas need to be cultivated as carefully as ordinary ones. The Sun's entry into gracious Libra on September 22 is the equinox (fall in France, spring in the Falklands), marking a change of seasons and new social alliances.

horoscopes.aol.com...

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join