It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where does world-famous televangelist�s money go?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2003 @ 10:12 AM
link   
www.msnbc.com...

I saw part of it on dateline almost a week ago...

posted on Jan, 3 2003 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Dispicable isn't it? But as they say, there is no law against the promulgation of ignorance. Appearently there is no law against brainwashing and lying either.

It's especially infuriating about the part where the mom and her son had cancer and they believed they were healed, then her son dies, and she still believes she is healed even though her docs laugh at that idea, then she dies.

That sort of stuff must happen a lot ......

And where the money goes? Might as well name this "Give to god that he may put Benny Hinn in a big mansion".

Isn't that stealing? Or does he pay legitimate business tax or something on all the money he rakes in?

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Jan, 3 2003 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Where the money comes from, is -I fear - rather more worrying and a sharper indictment of our Western "society"

posted on Jan, 3 2003 @ 01:09 PM
link   
well when this man benny hinn and others who (heal) for money they are lying and heal actors for money.

This man has lied to god and topeople, and all those false healers will reap what they sow.

these kind of false healers and preachers are mentioned in the bible.

where does the money go?

if he lies to masses who could imagine.

peace.

posted on Jan, 3 2003 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Um, they aren't false healers, they con men.

posted on Jan, 3 2003 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Thay do this because there are all to many gullable people all too ready to part with their money!

posted on Jan, 3 2003 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Please allow me to share my personal experiences with Faith Healing ministries and Evangelists.

I accepted Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour on the street in Las Vegas in 1980.

I was a typically zealous "newbie" Christian and quickly found a Church in the San Fernando Valley and became a regular attendee. Being from Los Angeles, I'd attended many of the largest and best known Churches like Grace Community, Church on the Way and Lake Avenue Congregational Church, during my 18 years of practicing Christianity.

Whilst still a newbie my sister begged me to go to the Shrine Auditorium to see Reverend Eppley, a typical phoney faith healer. Even being brand new to everything, I could see through his facade quite easily and was disgusted by it. He worked the crowd into an emotional frenzy and passed the donation buckets 4 times in total. I sat and watched as literally thousands of dollars were being put into those big plastic buckets.

Suddenly, a man jumped up and claimed to be healed of a urinary infection, and was supposedly checked by some physician who attested to that fact. Interestingly, that was the one & only supposed healing that occurred the whole night, and the good Reverend never once looked at the rows of people lined up in wheel chairs that were desperate for a touch from the Almighty.

His show-stopper was pitching his "Sacred Bars of Soap" that were claimed to be empowered by the Holy Spirit. He claimed they could heal diseases by using them to wash the afflicted body parts. To appeal to greedy people, he claimed that one "faithful" believer used the bar of soap to write on a brand new Cadillac, "I claim this car in the Name of Jesus"! And of course, don't you just know the rest....a car salesman came out and handed her the keys claiming that "God" had told him to do it because of her Faith.

Now the �catch� - whoever wanted to purchase one of those �Sacred� bars of soap, had to attend another meeting the following night at the L.A. Convention Center! His whole game was one con after another, yet the gullible folks ate it up with a spoon.

About Pastors & Evangelists:

Pastor Jack Hayford (Church on the Way � Van Nuys, California) lived in a $350,000 home located on a golf course. BTW: at no expense to himself.

Most Pastors wear very expensive custom tailored suits and sport expensive watches.

They always fly first class, at no cost to themselves (church donations & tithes).

Are usually too busy to stop & chat with the rank & file church membership.

And when a church member loses their job or falls on hard times � there�s very little if any support. I know that from my own experience of losing my job and seeking help from my church. After checking my tithing (giving 10% of gross income) record I was given a voucher for $100 to buy groceries for myself & my former wife. That was wonderful, but when I couldn�t get a job due to the recession of the early 80�s I was referred to minor church officers and finally sent to see trainee pastors who were about 18 years old and told me that I should sell my truck to live on. I said, �Great, what if I get a job tomorrow and need my truck for transportation� � they had no response for me. Afterwards I thought to myself, "If I still had the $2,000 I'd given that church in tithes, I wouldn't need their help at all!"

Well, for what�s its worth, those are only a few of my experiences with Pastors and Evangelists.

Been there, done that � but never got the tee shirt,
Deep

posted on Jan, 5 2003 @ 10:21 AM
link   
The thing that bugs me most about these stories about "conmen working for God" is that I know fully well that non of that money goes to God...Because He doesn't need it.

Granted, I also know that a lot of money is spent on such things as clinics, soup kitchens, etc. by the more faithful churches as they promise...But it's the renegades who collect that money for their own greed that I put into the same classification as the Crusades & Inquisitions as they still cause more people to suffer in the name of God.

posted on Jan, 5 2003 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Yeah churches don't help their followers as much as say the Jews....among other groups
That's why the jews are always so seemingly well off, if only the Catholics would help their members network, and save, and build money making machines like businesses, they'd REALLY be a wealthy church.

But Catholicism takes the easy way out...like evangelism, and for the most part just collects money, rather than helping themselves make money by making their members money.

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Jan, 6 2003 @ 04:39 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 7 2003 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Well this dates back to the 1980's during regan's era when many "televanglists" were arrested for fraud. Maybe that's why they only show them at 6 in the morning and on odd channels that few people watch

posted on Jan, 13 2003 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Hey, get Buckeye cable, turn to channel six. It is either evangilist or what is evil and satan. The Evils of Harry Potter, The Evils of Supermarkets, Good Conning Pastor Joeseph(well, morning, conning, on this channel it all the same). You get the picture.

new topics

top topics

join