It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush: Critics Of Gitmo, Abu Ghraib, and Rendition are 'Slandering America'

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I say stack up bush & his admin naked into a pyramid and take photos, then show the whole world. While we're at it, throw some german sherperds at em

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by just great

Can we please have a vote to ban people like just great...?
I dont see ANY point in any of his posts..

Dude....how brainwashed are you. What are you trying to acclompish, are you hoping to get into the Illuminati circle? Or maybe your in the KKK ?

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Can't people see the bigger picture here...
Both sides of the "War" are in the wrong, we shouldn't even be fighting our sisters and brothers in the first place.

Humanity has to learn to live with each other in peace.

We all need the "spiritual awakening" that may well be possibly coming in 2012...

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 05:15 AM
link   

I will be in heaven, how about you???
Anywhere else hopefully. If Heaven actually existed, and it was filled with gibbering morons praising the lord every three words, I'd rather be any where else......
You have my vote.In fact have you seen the mist?
They have an excellent way of dealing with just such a person as mr. holier than thou....

[edit on 18-6-2008 by morthn1waytoskinacat]

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by mind is the universe

Originally posted by sos37

reply to post by sos37

I'm not religious or any means, I posed the point.

If your christian, and you kill, then you are breaking one of the commandments.

Now you can sing and dance if you like. huff and puff about it. thats the fact. How does you shoot me and I'll shoot you work? explain to me how killling each other works.

I'm listening................

[edit on 17-6-2008 by mind is the universe]

If you've entered my home with the intent to kill me or my family then I have no other choice than to defend them or myself. Yes, technically it's still breaking one of the commandments, but I believe that's an issue between ME and God. Personally, I believe God would forgive me because I did not seek you out with the intention to kill, just as the law would not charge me for murder.

Well what is America doing for the last 50 years. It would break a few commandments

You shall not murder
You shall not steal
You shall not covet your neighbor's house
You shall not make for yourself an idol

There is four that is broken....

If you break them, this means you have sinned

Seriously? Your judging America based on the ten commandments? Okay first off, Jesus once said to a group of people who were about to stone Mary Magdalene to death, "Let you who has not sinned cast the first stone". If you're going to judge my country then yours darned well better be as clean as the preacher's sheets. But where are you from? Your header says Ireland. I think we all know that Ireland has one of the bloodiest histories ever, so I'll thank you not to wipe your bloody hands on the flag of my country.

Second, my killing a home intruder whom I believed was about to harm my family would technically be considered homicide, yet the courts in this country would not charge me with a crime because they recognize there are exceptions to all rules. I believe the same is true with God and Christ and that if I ask forgiveness of this act that I will be forgiven.

Third, there something in the Bible that you, personally, should pay attention to: (Matthew 7:1-5)

1"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. 2For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.
3"Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4How can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? 5You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   

post by sos37

Seriously? Your judging America based on the ten commandments? Okay first off, Jesus once said to a group of people who were about to stone Mary Magdalene to death, "Let you who has not sinned cast the first stone". If you're going to judge my country then yours darned well better be as clean as the preacher's sheets. But where are you from? Your header says Ireland. I think we all know that Ireland has one of the bloodiest histories ever, so I'll thank you not to wipe your bloody hands on the flag of my country.

Second, my killing a home intruder whom I believed was about to harm my family would technically be considered homicide, yet the courts in this country would not charge me with a crime because they recognize there are exceptions to all rules. I believe the same is true with God and Christ and that if I ask forgiveness of this act that I will be forgiven.

Third, there something in the Bible that you, personally, should pay attention to: (Matthew 7:1-5)

1"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. 2For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.
3"Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4How can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? 5You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.

LOL...... I didn't judge here. I just wrote down some of the commandments to remind you the facts of your religion. I didn't bring up the Christianity question either. You asked me a question on page three.

You and just great, posed the question what it is to be Christian. And what a Christian should do in a situation like this. But you continue to put a blind eye over reality.

I'm not religious, I'm spirtual. I already explained this. Its not my business if you follow any religion or what the majority of American's follow. The fact is the majority of that country are Christian. If your leaders are allowed to judge and march into someones backyard and kill. surely someone has the right to judge them don't you think?

Just to get to the point. Bush is a devoted "Christian"
. No harm in telling him what his religion is now while we are here. He is slandering his own religion...

Everyones see's him doing treachury and evil in this world, These are his decisions, the beneifet of him and his rich friends + coperations in Ameirca. His continuous lying to his own people. Lied to the owlrd on war. 700,000 of people dying under his administration. The american government treat themselves as the idol of this world, that breaks a commandment. They do not care of other countries only the benifet of how much money and oil your country can get out of them, breaks a few commandments here again..

Do you think the 10 commandments have a right to judge? If the country claims to be a christian state like this?. Do you think the world has a right to judge. Your ignorance is the same as Bush's slandering comment.. You keep wallowing in ignornce and fail to see the wrong doings, are wrong. The wrong doings are not preachings of your religion...........

Don't be silly. Please.

You should pay attention to the world, so the world doesn't have to judge. wake up.

[edit on 18-6-2008 by mind is the universe]

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Exacky they are people. And people are fighting each other not because they want too. they are not fignting good vs evil.

But for the leaders that lied to them to fight a war for the greater good.

The war is for the good and beneifet of the corrupt leaders and people who want to take our power away from us, by fighting for them.

"Humanity of all is one, and never all to one man"... As much as we like a world leader, but the reality is humans are not evolved enough to have a one man lead, the role to lead humanity. It goes against nature. Nobody in this world has the right to have world power.

Proof Going by the mess in this world today. Its never worked. Go back and read the history books. The time of kings and queens to bow too, are inhuman and degrading. We are people, we don't need to give our personal power to another human!!!

Humanity can lead a world by uniting as one, all to share.

Yes 2012 revolution is coming.

[edit on 18-6-2008 by mind is the universe]

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by MASH_DADDY

Dude....how brainwashed are you. What are you trying to acclompish, are you hoping to get into the Illuminati circle? Or maybe your in the KKK ?

Your right, but in a way it shows his nation the extreminty that is reality. The behavour that is plaguing the nation. The truth of how brainwashed it actually is. The arrogance, ignorance and the vile attitude that the world is FED up with over the last 50 years.

It might just hit home on the rest of the people of America. It might actually show how far the country has gone and it might just show that its all coming from home.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Man this idiot cant leave office fast enough.That just shows that this man wasnt fit to be president in the first place.Its that if you dont agree with me youre against america line of thinking that we just dont need.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   
In response to the original post, accusing those who raise factual criticisms of slandering America is a basic logical informal fallacy called ad hominem, which is essentially trying to avoid responding to the argument by denigrating the person that posed it. I wonder if George W. ever took a course in critical thinking during his stellar academic career.

The value of the criticism is not dependent on who poses it. I learned that from listening to my daughter when she was five and making observations about me, once in a while, she hit the nail right on the head and proved the adage "Out of the mouth of babes.." But I would have missed those incredible insights if I had dismissed them as "Coming from a five year old."

I leave it you to draw any inference from my mentioning the statements of a five year old and the President in the same post.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by MASH_DADDY

Your right, but in a way it shows his nation the extreminty that is reality. The behavour that is plaguing the nation. The truth of how brainwashed it actually is. The arrogance, ignorance and the vile attitude that the world is FED up with over the last 50 years.

It might just hit home on the rest of the people of America. It might actually show how far the country has gone and it might just show that its all coming from home.

No matter how much I would like to see people like him prevented from posting... or maybe other things happen ....you did make a very valid point Mind, it does show the true ignorance, arrogance, and the plaguiing behaviour messing up this once great nation, it shows the true reality, the main reason why the whole world is F'ed up or atleast why every one thinks so.. Im not blaming solely on people like just great, but the poisoning attitude that has such a negative effect..

I seriously hope, people like just great are a perfect example for the rest of the brainwashed masses, I truly hope that they can wake up and see the hate and the prejudice that they are spreading.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I notice something that I'm not impressed about.

All Just great post's have been edited out, This is actually hiding the EXACT behaviour that is the problem. It's actually very decieving to now read this thread. It now makes people unable to give a real perception of what was debated. They will now contribute to a re-edited thread. That is very American. It's actually very decieving, and this is what brainwashes people. This behaviour.

It's actualy like George Bush been made a saint in an interview (when all the crap is edited out to make him lovely) When the actual truth he's an ignorant, evil being. Its like the media editing, manipulating an or altering an event, to show the people their views to win them over. Show and cut what they want you to see.. AGAIN this also shows the reality in America, showing the public ,what your let see. Something I'm not fooled by.This is why that country is stopid, people are not given the freedom to think, Americans are not allowed to think, they are not allowed to think for themselves.

Not good at all.

I ask the mods to PUT it back. To SHOW the true nature of this thread, and what is the core of this problem in America. Let's show the full print. The print that is always brushed under the carpet.

For example. THE BANNED GEORGE BUSH INTERVIEW
You can watch here. This was banned, because people are not allowed to see George as he really is. These interview make the viewer make thier own minds on it. Just great's post was edited out, for the same reason. Stop people from making a true percepiton for themselves.

P.S Can somebody tell me how to put up the youtube video number? its not copy and paste url method, as I can gather??

[edit on 19-6-2008 by mind is the universe]

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Bush's comment is more proof of how ignorant the right knows its supporters to be. I mean, does he even know the definition of "slander?" Well, it appears it doesn't matter because most of his supporters don't either. The worst thing for the rest of us, and the best thing for the right wing, is that all those people who supported Bush every time he said something that made no sense will continue to support his idiotic beliefs. Soon you will hear one conservative after another paint any criticism of this administration and its policies as slander against America. Boy, the right sure is lucky its supporters are stupid, the left could never get away with this stuff, their supports use things like logic, facts, and education to form their views and opinions. In all seriousness, I know many intelligent conservatives who are way too smart to fall for this stuff. However, I think they have their greed and abortion blinders on most of the time and those blinders prevent them from using logic, facts, and, god forbid, reality to form their views.

P.S. Sorry for the name calling, just venting nearly eight years of frustration

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   

P.S Can somebody tell me how to put up the youtube video number? its not copy and paste url method, as I can gather??

Mind, just click the YouTube Video button and put the part that's to the right of the "v=" in the URL. For example, if the URL is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUibTpSk_m4

The you would put:

[yvid]cUibTpSk_m4[/yvid]

in your post, like so:

Watch out, though, cause I've noticed it doesn't work correctly in the "Preview Post" view.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Ian McLean

Thanks for the help

Just while I'm on about the youtube link.

After the interview He was furious. Are reporters over here that rude, or along those lines. I will try get the link for it. All I can say he spoke alot of crap. He knew the reporter was asking him question's he didn't want to answer. So he spoke alot more crap.

Its hard to imagine the this was 2006, At the time people were kissing his ass, well alot were at the time anyway. They believed he was a good guy and the saviour.

Truth comes out in the end
proscution and excution should be on the cards.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Well thats George for u
Tbh i am digusted, although not surprised by Sky news and Adam Bolton.
They wait until Bush has only a few months left to go and then they finally grow the balls to ask questions that should have been asked years ago.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
strange that Bush continues to lie! I wonder when the going will get tough soon enough?

Bush guilt will fill you to the end of your days, May you be judged in court sooner the better. The world will judge you till you 6foot under.

May as well give in now.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   

strange that Bush continues to lie!

Bush is human, and flawed.
As much as we might like to demonize the guy, he's human and needs to believe he is doing the right thing - just watch the interview.

He lies to himself to justify his actions, to convince himself he is right.

This seems to be a theme with the modern right wing - "just make yourself believe what you need to in order to get what you want" - click your heels three times and really, really believe

[edit on 7/8/08 by xmotex]

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   

reply to post by sos37

okay who is being tortured here?? Forgive me but I don't see what your trying to point out?

Remember this is a hypothetical situation!

Say the U.S. caught a terrorist. Intelligence believes there is a dirty bomb somewhere in a major city and this man confirms there is but refuses to talk about it further. The U.S. believes that waterboarding the man stands a good chance of getting him to crack and reveal the location of the dirty bomb before it goes off.

The question is - is waterboarding the man justified if the U.S. can get info and disarm the bomb and save thousands of lives?

I understand you hypothetical scenario but what guarantee do you have that this terrorist would give accurate information? That is the problem with torture, all the research shows that when people are tortured they will say anything to get the torture to stop. Your hypothetical assumes that when tortured a human will instantly give accurate information. If you were being held captive in a foreign country and your captors began to torture you and ask you about US govt, military, etc... secrets would you tell them the truth. Would you tell them anything? My guess is that a good soldier is trained to tell them nothing or tell them false information. What incentive is there to tell the truth? What if you are part of a radical religious group, that has no fear of death and is not worried about the consequences for lying to captors.

This is the fundamental problem with your hypothetical, in the real world, torture DOES NOT provide accurate or valuable information.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join