It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Edwards to endorse Obama

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Edwards will endorse Obama, campaign says

www.cnn.com...

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Former Democratic presidential candidate John Edwards will endorse Sen. Barack Obama on Wednesday at a campaign event in Grand Rapids, Michigan, according to Obama's campaign.

Edwards dropped out of the Democratic race on January 30 after poor showings in the early contests. ...
(visit the link for the full news article)

Edwards endorses Obama

www.msnbc.msn.com...

GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. - Democrat John Edwards endorsed former rival Barack Obama on Wednesday, a move designed to help solidify support for the party's likely presidential nominee even as Hillary Rodham Clinton refuses to give up her long-shot candidacy.

Edwards made a surprise appearance with Obama in Grand Rapids, Mich., as the Illinois senator campaigns in a critical general election battleground state. ...

Edwards Endorses Obama, Says He Will Build ‘One America’

elections.foxnews.com...

John Edwards endorsed Barack Obama in Michigan Wednesday, declaring his former rival for the Democratic nomination would take the mantle of his fight to end poverty and succeed in building “one America.”

The endorsement ended months of speculation, and came after Obama lost the West Virginia primary to Hillary Clinton the night before by 41 points. ...

Confirmed: John Edwards to endorse Barack Obama tonight

latimesblogs.latimes.com...

So, as suspected, it wasn't a slip the other day when as reported in The Ticket, former Sen. John Edwards said he was going to endorse the Democratic presidential candidate he had just voted for in the North Carolina primary and then referred to that person as "him."

Tonight, according to sources in the Obama campaign, Edwards will endorse Sen. Barack Obama at a rally in Michigan, a crucial state for Democratic plans to recapture the White House Nov. 4. ...

[edit on 5/14/2008 by SonicInfinity]

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I don't understand. I thought Hillary Clinton was the NWO's planned leader? With John Edward's endorsement, does this mean they switched their decision mid-stream, this was their plan all along, or Hillary will still somehow win and it will be call a miracle? I honestly don't know who's going to win on the Democratic side anymore. It just feels like something fishy is happening, but that feeling could be a false alarm.

www.cnn.com...
www.msnbc.msn.com...
elections.foxnews.com...
latimesblogs.latimes.com...

(visit the links for the full news articles)

[edit on 5/14/2008 by SonicInfinity]

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
FINALLY!

NOW what do we need to do to get rid of Hillary?

At least this will help a little bit.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by bigbert81

I'm not sure, it all depends on how what John Edwards says in his speech. Will this finally convince Hillary to drop out? I seriously doubt it.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I'll try to keep the news articles updated (as long as the edit button doesn't disappear; it seems to do that after a certain amount of time).

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
No actually the Rockefellers support Obama...if you want to know who pulls strings look no further there...they are part owner of the FED and still have large stakes in Exxon Mobil

firstread.msnbc.msn.com...

Im voting RP myself but anyone but John McCain would be a sigh of relief.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonicInfinity
I don't understand.

It's simple. He got promised something. A cabinet position. The VP slot.
That's how it works with these politicians.

Originally posted by mybigunit
Im voting RP myself

Ditto!

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by mybigunit
No actually the Rockefellers support Obama...if you want to know who pulls strings look no further there...they are part owner of the FED and still have large stakes in Exxon Mobil

firstread.msnbc.msn.com...

Im voting RP myself but anyone but John McCain would be a sigh of relief.

I thought Rockefeller was also a part of Bilderberg? But doesn't Bilderberg support Hillary?

And just for the record, I'm also voting for Ron Paul.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

It's simple. He got promised something. A cabinet position. The VP slot.
That's how it works with these politicians.

That is actually incorrect. John Edwards has stated multiple times on the news networks that even if he was offered a VP position, he would not take it.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Okay everybody, it's started. According to the news, Obama will give a small speech first, then bring out Edwards. I hope that somebody is recording this for those who miss it.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I'm not surprised. It's all politics and right now the democrats are trying to show how they are all united.......but it only proves they were waiting for whom the front-runner at the time would be.

Guess democrats haven't been reading about Senator Obama's "Global Poverty Tax" (S.2433). How many constituents would continue to vote for Senator Obama if they knew how much Mr. Obama wants them to pay out in taxes to support other countries then their own, when we already have a national debt in the trillions!!!

Plus, homelessness, poverty, no jobs and insecure jobs, payiing for most of your medcal insurance, etc., etc., etc. Yep, I'm jumping for joy.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Heres my take on this:

1. Edwards is a known attendee of the Bilderberg meetings (I think 2004 and 2007, but Im not sure of the dates).

2. Edwards will most probably secure the VP spot.

3. America is likely to elect a Democrat, which will be Obama.

4. Obama may be assassinated.

5. Edwards, a known Bilderberger, assumes presidency.

Realistic, n'est ce pas?

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Never has such a big deal been made out of an ambulance chaser's opinion than right now. Enjoy your fleeting moment in the sun, John Edwards.

Oh, and for the record, I'm voting John McCain. I'd prefer to be casting a vote for someone who's actually a conservative, but since I have no desire to see the Dems back in the White House and McCain is almost certainly going to be a one term president, I'm voting for the lesser of evils.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by 44soulslayer
Heres my take on this:

1. Edwards is a known attendee of the Bilderberg meetings (I think 2004 and 2007, but Im not sure of the dates).

According to Wikipedia, John Edwards attended in 2004 but not in 2007. If you have a source that says otherwise, I'd be willing to see it.

2. Edwards will most probably secure the VP spot.

He has stated before that he's not taking a VP spot.

3. America is likely to elect a Democrat, which will be Obama.

Most definitely.

4. Obama may be assassinated.

That is possible.

5. Edwards, a known Bilderberger, assumes presidency.

Not if Hillary has anything to say about that.

reply to post by burdman30ott6

I'd rather not vote than vote for the lesser of two evils, but luckily there's the option of a mail-in for Ron Paul, so that's what I'm choosing.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
All I can say is:

Woohoo! Bout damn time Edwards!

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
For the ones voting for Ron Paul...

Under what party is he running? I know that he was trying for the Repub nomination but that is going to McCain. How will you vote for him if his name is not on the ballot?

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by stellawayten

Ron Paul will steal mostly democrat votes helping McCain to victory.

aka 4 more years of the Bush administration.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublime620

That doesn't answer my question. How are people going to vote on Ron Paul if his name isn't on the ballot?

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by stellawayten

You can always write it in. Plus, he could run as an independent.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublime620

so basically people are saying that they are going to vote for someone that isn't officially running? At least not yet.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join