It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Edwards to endorse Obama

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by stellawayten

Yes.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonicInfinity
John Edwards has stated multiple times on the news networks that even if he was offered a VP position, he would not take it.

He also said he wouldn't 'endorse' anyone and that he'd let the people decide who they wanted. [he said that on TV]

So much for what he has to say, eh?

Originally posted by Rubyteacup
Guess democrats haven't been reading about Senator Obama's "Global Poverty Tax" (S.2433).

.... or all the other taxes 'Mr Change' wants to bring down upon Americans.
It's typical marxist 'redistribution of wealth' - punishing the productive.

Originally posted by stellawayten
people are saying that they are going to vote for someone that isn't officially running?

It's better than the choices that ARE running.
I've gotta cast a vote that will leave my conscience clear.
Ron Paul does that.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I guess I feel about McCain as you feel about Obama.

And giving a vote to Ron Paul is like voting for McCain in my opinion (since I think more liberals would vote for Paul than would conservatives).

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
He also said he wouldn't 'endorse' anyone and that he'd let the people decide who they wanted. [he said that on TV]

That's a good point. Who knows what these politicians are thinking about anymore.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

True, but the people have pretty much decided.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublime620

I suppose that only time will tell, although I can't really think of anybody other than Hillary that Obama would choose.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Wow, so few people here care about the endorsement. I thought it would be important, but I guess the media is just overplaying things again.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sublime620
True, but the people have pretty much decided.

The race isn't over. And if the superdelgates would vote the way obama's campaign said they should - according to the will of the people - then Hillary would be the winner.

facts here

Ted Kennedy, if he followed the will of the people in his state, should switch his vote and his endorsement to Hillary. Ditto the rest of the state super delegates.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Welly, welly, welly, well, look who finally caved to the pressure and jumped on the bandwagon because everyone else was doing it. I'm surprised he landed so squarely. He's clearly "blinded by the light" and wrapped up like a douchebag in the groaners of the night.

Edwards HAD to be offered a meaty part in the Obama cabinet or he wouldn't have held out this long. He was dazzled by the bland brilliance and baffled by the BS long enough. Now he's hitched his wagon to a Bolide that'll burn itself out spectacularly in the atmosphere of reality, maaaaaaaaaaybe in the campaign, maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaybe in the White House, who knows. But its coming!!!

I'd like to remind the ATS faithful of the Nascar text poll taken during the Daytona 500 in February. 20% for Clinton/Obama, 32% for Obama/Clinton, and 48% for Clinton/Edwards! Yep those voters opinions should count as well.

John, you just blew it- AGAIN!

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   

reply to post by Sublime620

so basically people are saying that they are going to vote for someone that isn't officially running? At least not yet.

Yup that is correct...its better than voting for people that I dont agree with just because they are part of some dumba$$ party. Ill be writing in RP and I dont care who its not taking votes from anyone because I would not of voted Obama or McCain anyways.

[edit on 15-5-2008 by mybigunit]

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   
What a suck-up.
Edwards, the Bobby Kennedy wannabe, is kissing it only because he want's the Attorney General spot.

"Hay-ulp, is on the way"

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Now only if Al Gore would come out and endorse Obama... that would surely nail Hillaries coffin shut.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by grover
Now only if Al Gore would come out and endorse Obama... that would surely nail Hillaries coffin shut.

Gore probably wants to endorse McCain, since John really buys into that Global Warming junk more than the other two.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by SonicInfinity
John Edwards has stated multiple times on the news networks that even if he was offered a VP position, he would not take it.

Originally posted by Rubyteacup
Guess democrats haven't been reading about Senator Obama's "Global Poverty Tax" (S.2433).

.... or all the other taxes 'Mr Change' wants to bring down upon Americans.
It's typical marxist 'redistribution of wealth' - punishing the productive.

people are saying that they are going to vote for someone that isn't officially running?

It's better than the choices that ARE running.
I've gotta cast a vote that will leave my conscience clear.
Ron Paul does that.
You do realize Ron Paul wont win, and all you're really doing is voting for Jon Mcain with your "concious free" vote... what the #...

I dont understand people voting for these independents when they know damn well it just helps other people. It's like "Hey, I hate all the choices so I basically wont vote... but i will vote for Ron Paul, who surely wont win". The hell.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Legendary Smoker

Dude/Dudette,
It's not suppose to be a popularity contest.
If enough people voted with their heart, neither of these three clowns would be the next President.

Do you honestly think these three are the best this country has to offer?

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Legendary Smoker
You do realize Ron Paul wont win,

I don't vote for people based upon popularity. I vote based on who can do the job the best. I have to be able to sleep well at night with a clear conscience.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Ohh, I almost forgot about Judas, I mean Edwards. Poor desperate thing, I guess he's willing to stoop to anything to at least be the VP. Talk about the blind leading the blind. God help us.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bumbeni
I guess he's willing to stoop to anything to at least be the VP.

Naaaaaaaaah. The OTHER judas (Richardson) got that with his endorsement. I'm thinking Edwards will be named Attorney General and Chief Ambulance Chaser in payment for his endorsement.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Cool page (I like the name of it - best Led Zeppelin song).

It looked like they were just adding up super delegate votes. Does it take into account the rest of the delegates or just the super ones? I have having a bit of trouble weeding through the info.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bumbeni
I guess he's willing to stoop to anything to at least be the VP.

Naaaaaaaaah. The OTHER judas (Richardson) got that with his endorsement. I'm thinking Edwards will be named Attorney General and Chief Ambulance Chaser in payment for his endorsement.

It's funny you would say that, in my post I originally typed "job" and changed it to VP. Should have stayed with my first thought. LOL

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join