It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6 Teen Girls Arrested After Video Taping 'Beat Down' For MySpace

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Disgusting man

Being 18 Ive seen some pretty terrible stuff done to people. Its sicking man, the youth have no control over themselves anymore. They drink too much and some of them go on drug overload. But verbal abuse is just horrific. There exists no freakin individual anymore and thats what I strive for. The most disturbing part is when I see it though my sister. I have several Asian friends and she says: "stop hanging out with those (some racist term for Asians): or "why do you watch this anime s***, your not Japanese". Man 80% of my music is freakin Japanese; I love my culture and I love theirs. In fact, I like humanity as a whole. Theres too much of this political correct crap leaking into families. People take this crap from almost anyone. People need to start standing up for who they are and love instead of hate. (srry for my grammer)

[edit on 10-4-2008 by Kidachi]

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Prosecutors today decided to charge seven Polk County teenagers - accused of pummeling a 16-year-old and videotaping it for YouTube and MySpace - as adults. The eighth teen involved is 18 years old and is already considered an adult under the law.

Judge issues emergency gag order in Lakeland cheerleader beating case

Things are heating up...

AAC

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Ok I urge all prison inmates to try and treat these girls nicely, and i mean real nice. Actually i mean they should beat the crap out of them that should teach them a lesson.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by AnAbsoluteCreation

Do I smell justice??? I think I do.

If they're convicted and sentenced to life in prison, I want to see their faces when they go to the cells. I bet they won't be smiling then, in their little orange jumpsuits.

And I think the whole thing, ironically, should be shown on YouTube, trial and all.

TheBorg

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I think life sentences are justified in cases like this...these girls need to be made an example of for all the other dumba$$ kids who think that this kind of thing is cool or funny....kids don't realize that actions have consequences, some of them quite serious!

They knew what they were doing was wrong, or they would not have had lookouts...I hope they all live a long painful life in prison!

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by keeb333
I think life sentences are justified in cases like this...these girls need to be made an example of for all the other dumba$$ kids who think that this kind of thing is cool or funny....kids don't realize that actions have consequences, some of them quite serious!

They knew what they were doing was wrong, or they would not have had lookouts...I hope they all live a long painful life in prison!

Im sorry but I really have to disagree. A life sentence for something you did while a teenager, no matter how bad, is quite excessive. I remember being their age and doing things that could have landed me in note quite the same situation, but where more then one person assaulted another - although this was just cause, I assure you - it is utterly wrong for a man to maul a lady, so be it. Anyway, I do think a stiff penalty should be enacted though - the felony kidnapping to me is what sunk them. Why not just beat her up, teach her a lesson, then let her leave? They crossed in the line in that aspect and I believe a five to seven year sentence with some good friends to teach them right from wrong in there would be sufficient.

Who knows, some people do life in prison and come out worse, while others do a short time and come out with an understanding that they never want to go back. Prison terms are quite a tough thing to decide and I would hate to be a judge.

edit: I said is quite excessive for anything - I change that to anything except murder or something involving a child. These ladies were not children, yet nor were they adults. Its a tough situation to decide.

[edit on 11-4-2008 by deadline527]

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by deadline527

Isn't this one of those aspects of the system that really has to be considered in relation to cases like this. Are we asking to 'punish' these kids (?) or ... (GASP!) rehabilitate them?

You just know that, barring getting killed in prison (which is a distinct likelihood for anyone joining that community with a 'chip' on their shoulder) when they get out they will be hardened and as irrevocable trapped in the 'ex-con' mindset as possible. (Unless they find religion of course, but in some minds thats a fate worse than death.)

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   
These brats should definitely be punished, but the punishment should fit the crime. Life in prison for beating someone up is a bit excessive. An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth. I've known people that murdered someone and only served 3 years. Life for a beating is a bit much. Take em out and put a whoopin on em.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by TheBorg

The whole trial on youtube?
That would be a hoot. I'd especially like the part when they showed the evidence from the youtube video during court. Perhaps we could change their myspace profiles location to "JAIL."

AAC

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by deadline527

Who knows, some people do life in prison and come out worse, while others do a short time and come out with an understanding that they never want to go back.

[edit on 11-4-2008 by deadline527]

Well I do agree with you on the shorter sentencing. I thought this sentence was

Do you know someone who spent their life in prison and came out worse?

I kid.

AAC

[edit on 11-4-2008 by AnAbsoluteCreation]

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I saw them on the news coming to the court room and they were crying. Should we feel pity for them?

I think life in prison is to much myself. But they do need to spend some time in there, and enough time to realize what they did was way beyond wrong. They are very lucky this girl didn't die. Getting a concussion and then still being beating on her could have done that. I do want to say that I for one am proud of her for not choosing to fight back. For one it shows what kind of girl she is. Another was taking a beating like that and all through it she tried to talk to them. I also feel that she would of gotten hurt even worse if she would of fought back. I honestly think she saved herself by talking to them instead of fighting. I know, it sounds crazy and most people need to try something to fight back but remember she is only sixteen and these girls(animals) would of jumped on her all at once if she hurt one of them. I'm proud of Tori and wish her the best in life.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solarskye
I saw them on the news coming to the court room and they were crying. Should we feel pity for them?

I feel they are learning a big lesson and good or bad that's part of life which is a learning process. Pity them? No.

As far as a life sentence as some have called for, I say two wrongs don't make a right. I wish to see them punished, but they are flawed humans like the rest of us and should be given another chance or two if you believe in 3 strikes.

While I'm absolutely disgusted by these girls behavior and I fully support them being punished, I would not support a life sentence or even one that damages them beyond future redemption.

I'm certain the law will punish them appropriately and I would hope it would be under 3 years for any of them. (3 years would seem like a lifetime to them when sentenced at that age) After that it seems excessive and at that point we push them past the point of becoming worthwhile citizens as no doubt that much time would just indoctrinate them into becoming lifelong criminals in the revolving door of our justice system.

Punished they should be, but I don't think they are throwaways yet. Perhaps the ringleader, but not the weak pathetic sheeple behind her.

[edit on 11-4-2008 by verylowfrequency]

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnAbsoluteCreation
Dr. Phil Bails Out Viscious Cheerleader. Now Has Exclusive Rights!

AAC

Yarr! I just saw this on Google and raced over to this thread to share my breaking find. Oh well, guess ya beat me to it!

Here's some further details from a different link:

The TV talk show Dr. Phil McGraw confirmed on Saturday the fact that its staff bailed out of Florida jail one of the girls involved in the violent video posted on YouTube. The video depicted several teen girls beating one of their classmates while filming her.

I'm not sure what to make of this. Are they just trying to "secure" her for a show, or is someone trying to save these girls from getting what they deserve?

In his e-mail, Corigliano explained that the show has previously helped other “guests and potential guests” of the show with different needs, but in this case “certain staff members” who were in the process of booking guests for the Dr. Phil McGraw show went a bit too far and broke the rules of the show.

The article explains that they have now decided to cancel the planned show (apparently about the whole incident.)

I don't know if I can dig up a conspiracy out of this one, but certainly a very interesting story. Or maybe just another distraction?

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
What can you say? Mercedes was bailed out regardless of who payed it. It's a shame that the Dr. Phil show would condone something like this and bail out such an animal. What's next?, Dr. Phil gonna pay for a good lawyer too! I still hope justice is served and they do some time for their crime. The felony needs to stick for the ones who kidnapped her forcefully and took her to another house. If these girls get off lightly then they have done what they wanted to do. They humiliated Tori, got their video on youtube and became famous all over the net and television. Maybe even be on the Dr. Phil Show? I also feel that any video taped fights that involve minors should be banned from the internet in my honest opinion.

[edit on 4/13/2008 by Solarskye]

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by keeb333

Consumerism? Broken marriages? Are you serious?

Sometimes people are just plain bad. Even kids. There doesn't have to be a root cause.

This is 'Lord of the Flies' behavior. I don't see these girls and guys as anything other than a gang of thugs, some of which were also cheerleaders. They planned an organized violent crime, executed it, then posted it on the net to intimidate anyone else who might say something bad about them. Yeah, some were ringleaders and some just the soldiers but they all participated by choice. This begs maximum sentences for all involved.

Life is choices and consequences. They made their choices now they need to bear the full weight of the consequences.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by shipovfools

Thanks for the info.
I figured since I started the thread I should make an effort to keep it current.

AAC

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by AnAbsoluteCreation

This is a terrible case of an innocent being harassed and beaten by 8 "thugs." What's even worse is Dr. Phil's behavior.

From the link you posted:

When Nichols was released from jail, a man arrived and idenfitied himself as a Dr. Phil producer and ordered local media to leave the area because the Dr. Phil Show had exclusive rights to the story, according to reporters on scene.

The man refused to comment about why Dr. Phil would help someone accused of such a violent crime leave jail, and he would not confirm if Dr. Phil paid for her bond.

This is all about the story. Dr. Phi is less worried about the innocent girl who was beaten, but more interested in finding the "truth" as to why this ringleader did it.

I can answer why, she's messed up in the head...

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggie smalls
What's even worse is Dr. Phil's behavior.

Here here! What does that asshole think he is doing? Interfering with justice to make a buck.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

Apparently Dr Phil isn't interested in justice, but only profiting off this story. Is Oprah going to host the other 7 defendants now that the ringleader has been bought out by "Dr" Phil? And is Montel going to have the girl who was beat up on his show?

The media is having a field day with this story. Thanks youtube/myspace for contributing to the delinquency of our youth, and thanks mainstream media for feeding the masses with more crap to watch.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join