It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6 Teen Girls Arrested After Video Taping 'Beat Down' For MySpace

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solarskye
I think the parents of the six girls and the lookout boys need to pay the hospital bill for this girl and whatever else she and her parents need.

The 'hospital bill'? Are you kidding? What about all the psychological terror victim experienced?!

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 04:40 AM
link   
As someone said before, there was a phase in the UK where this sort of thing was very popular, it started off as gangs of kids filming themselves slapping random people then escalated to gangs filming themselves beating people half to death. And that wasn't even for a reason like this was, it was just random, so you could walk round a corner and get beaten up by people you've never done anything wrong to, just for a laugh.

I think the phase has died down a bit now, but you don't want that sort of thing happening in the US either. Nip the problem in the bud before it gets out of hand, or else the already screwed youth societies will get even worse like ours have over here. I say give these girls the worst sentence they can get, and show the other kids that this sort of thing won't be tolerated.

They could have quite easily killed the girl, but still didn't care. She went unconscious but they still beat her when she woke up, I mean what if she had concussion or a coma?

[edit on 10/4/2008 by malganis]

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 04:45 AM
link   
it was called `happy slapping` - was quite a few high profile cases - but the irony? a group (or 2 or more actually) that filmed varius attacks ended up in hospital after being id`d on `you tube` - sledghammers to the knee`s works better than slaps apparantly

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 04:55 AM
link   
I agree that the 'happy slapping' craze did morph into something a lot more sinister,people were getting seriously hurt, and even killed.

There was a recent case in the UK of a young couple literally getting their heads kicked in by a gang of hoodies just for being Goths! Unfortunately the young girl died, but those responsible were brought to justice.
Apparently the boys responsible for the attack were also laughing and joking with their parents whilst being interviewed by police.

But seriously what kind of adults are these people going to turn into?
I could quite have believed the original story in the op had come from Britain

[edit on 10-4-2008 by Eevee]

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin
it was called `happy slapping` - was quite a few high profile cases - but the irony? a group (or 2 or more actually) that filmed varius attacks ended up in hospital after being id`d on `you tube` - sledghammers to the knee`s works better than slaps apparantly

Hell yeah that's the way to deal with anti-social scumbags like that. The legal system can't do anything, it's too slow and inefective, unfortunately. They put such people like illegal software users to jail, while the real criminals walk freely in the streets happy-slapping, stabbing and beating innocent people to death. Society has become too rotten. It's absolutely ridiculous...

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grailkeeper
reply to post by verylowfrequency

The police chief responded to the mother of one of the assailants as 'someone looking for their 10 minutes of fame'. Apparently the daughter doesn't even live with the mother anymore and currently resides at the Grandmothers house, where the attack took placel.

That's what I thought. The pack leader had no or a very weak father influence and good ole grandma probably indulges the brat so much that the teen feels she can nearly murder a human without recourse for her actions simply because a certain teenage girl doesn't like her and voiced her opinion about it. Because of this video a huge amount of people don't like her (the assailant) now and would probably return the beating in kind if offered the chance.

I hope the victim's family goes after these teens with a good lawyer seeking lots of cash in punitive damages. A sort of "Let's Scare Grandma's Checkbook to Death" video at YouTube when all this mess is settled.

Hey, Mean Girls! Who's laughing now?

[edit on 10-4-2008 by Bowcatz001]

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I looked at the clip through curiosity, only watched a couple of seconds then had too switch off, just made me wonder how many other people couldnt watch it all.
I dont even understand how someone can watch a boxing match, I know they are consenting, but too watch someone smashing each others face in for money, how can you watch that?, unless you have bloodlust in your eyes too start with.
I hope they end up in jail with straw for a bed, and bread and water too eat, but that wont happen will it.
No use too society whatsoever.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Man it is not right to get jumped like that, but dang you gotta learn to fight back at some point. If she would have knocked 1 of those bitches out she could have probably walked right out the door. That is just stupid. I would have thrashed that whole house, ruined that stupid shelf and kicked the dog and kicked the TV.

That is just stupid.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   
For them being haughty and laughing the incident and cracking jokes about missing cheerleading practice is just a way for them to save face. Trust me, they will crack once it fully dawns on them how much trouble they are in. When it does they will be a weeping, sobbing mass of pity me little girls. It will only take a day or two before the realization sets in and they break down.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freenrgy2
Do they do this because they know their parents don't check up on them?
Sadly, a lot of kids today live in sigle parent homes where the parent must work, and simply don't have the time or the energy at the end of the day to correct badhaviors or find out what's going on in their lives. They substitute money and indulgence for caring, and allow them to run free like wild animals.

You're right, their eyes tell a very chilling tale. Like looking into the face of a sociopath.
I've worked with sociopaths as a counselor, and these kids are poster children for the disorder. They have inappropriate affects, and demonstrate no remorse for the sufferings of others. The only true feelings they have are for themselves.

I'm sure this isn't their first run-in with the authorities either. As the case progresses you'll probalby hear alot more about them in this regard.

[edit on 4/10/08 by LLoyd45]

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Includes interview with mother of the daughter who owned the house.

Apparently the daughter did not throw any punches or instigate the fight, but she obviously allowed things to happen.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I hate the youth of today. what happened was it always like this? maybe it was but now we got the internet that lets us know about whats been going on.
i haven't seen the full video but only heard of what happened and the parents said that their daughter/victim at one point begged for them to only hit her one at a time instead of them all hitting her at once, but they refused and continued their acts of violence.
I guess this isnt from TV influence, anyone remember that thread? no way in hell is the caused from the media or internet. the parents themselves blame phone cameras and myspace, but i think the culprit is that parents stopped being part of their children's lives and it back fired. plus i dont like chearleaders, im not surprised that they got this violence in them, there is something seriously wrong with a girl who is obsessed and would do anything to be head chearleader as though it actually means anything.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by NewWorldOver

Can you edit the youtube link? It's not working and I really want to hear what these people had to say.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by dramafreak

That's why I said " anything else she or her parents need". I hope the parents and prosecutors go all out for this case. If not then who's next?

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
They are going to be charged as adults, and face adult sentences.

The 3 pack leaders of the attack are facing life.

The other 5 are facing battery and kidnapping. (I believe)

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
This link m\y be worth a read in relation to the attack in the UK where the goth girl was killed.

Seems the problem is widespread and not confined to certain teenage sub-groups as some might have us believe.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
All this stuff does lead me to believe TV and Video Games have a lot to do with it. For close to a decade ive been in denial of such thing, but after seeing todays youth im not too certain.

You see, im only 20. But I can see I GIGANTIC difference between the youth of my time and now. What the heck has happened in such a short amount of time? I just don't understand it. Hopefully EVERYONE involved in this will get whats coming to them. I dont wish them life, but a good 10-15 years wouldn't hurt.

WHATS WORSE, is the parents of the attackers seem to believe this isn't a big issues and they really didnt do anything wrong! INSANE!

[edit on 4/10/2008 by AndrewTB]

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Oops double post. Please delete.

[edit on 4/10/2008 by AndrewTB]

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Christian Voice
This sort of thing is getting crazy rediculous. I was at a movie theater last year watching SAW IV and everytime someone was tortured or murdered a full row of teenagers behind us laughed hystericly. I failed to see any humor in it whatsoever. I was actually discusted by the movie and more so their response that we left the movie half way through. I remember when I was younger and people actually screamed at scary movies.

I'm surprised you you went to see that crap. Ick.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by rizla

I love to watch bloody gory movies but that doen't mean I want to inflict that kind of behavior on real people or animals. Something else has happened to these youths. Parent guidance maybe. Most parents are working all the time and their kids are out running the streets. Gangs and street kids become their family and the parents are clueless to some of it. Plus I think alot of these younger kids are parented by kids who had kids to young and have no idea how to raise them right. It still comes down to parenting. Don't give in to your children just because you want to be looked at as a friend and make them happy. Some parents need to step up or quit parenting. I see and know alot of good kids who also have good parents to teach them and they are not afraid of being hardcore parents who don't let them run around with trouble and do the things other kids are doing these days. I'm the same way. My kids can hate me if they want but I love them enough to bring them up right with morals and respect.

[edit on 4/10/2008 by Solarskye]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join