It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6 Teen Girls Arrested After Video Taping 'Beat Down' For MySpace

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by DalairTheGreat

lol.. someone posted all of their personal information.. thats about the stupidest thing I have seen in a while.

*sigh* .. the information age..........

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ATruGod

I think the point he is trying to make is that without evidence we shouldn't be jumping to conclusions. You heard one side of the story and the same 30 second clip which apparently doesn't show a whole lot. Jumping to conclusions like this is no better then a person coming here to condemn UFO, 9/11, and similar research going on here without actually viewing or only viewing 30 sec clips of the evidence for it.

I am not defending these kids actions (I am sure there is some truth to this) in the least however I think they deserve a fair shake quite unlike a lot of you seem to think.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Things like this make me feel like throwing up. It's so disgusting and disappointing. Why in the world should someone get the living hell beat out of them...OVER MYSPACE?! If they were mad she said something rude about them or to them on myspace, i think what should've happened is THEY spread rude things or talk rudely to her. I know sounds pretty stupid but i like to look at things in the "Fight fire with fire" mentallity. Not a "Fight fire with effing flame throwers". Ganging up on her wasn't fair. There is no justification on something like this, and if you stand up for these girls that show no remorse whatsoever, i am no truly scared about what this world has become, to think that people will honestly stick up for malicious acts like this and attempt at justifying it is just as sickening.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
If you havent seen the 3 minute video of this .....one sided beat down that is just horrific...theres a link to the video here:

geekandthegimp.wordpress.com...

hopefully the link will work...I'm still a newb...

Tela

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Things like that happen all over the world..
Sad..
Ganging up like that shows their weakness. One person could lead a goup of others to something like taht..
Maybe she could've tried to defend herself. I saw some nice glass decorations there taht could've been turned into nice weapons to protect yourself..
Too bad that these things can't be prevented.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
well they are famous now.... they most likely will live a very screwed life from now on, always known as the cheap shots.... myspace, an all their personal info in everywhere i look now.... these people might very well have to move becuz of this.... talk about karma.

Honestly you take anything further then the internet you need to be locked up.... its words, an opinons, free speech means just that, without no harm being done for what was said... thats a line that you need to be prepared to cross....

they just wasted any shot at doing alot of things in todays age, your online profile is just as inportant as your physical appearance.....

Hope they learnt their lesson but honestly again thats too much prolly for them, they went as far as to plot an execute, then they are gonna be like this forever..... an for the others to just sit there an watch.... like it was a sparing match with a manican.... WTF... these folks need to be Beeach smacked something proper...

Sad, sad, sad this is why my kids will know the dragon strike and the Jewlry smash...... Muahahaha

p.s. dem glass shelves an tv would of been smashed just becuz of the trouble it would cause......

[edit on 9-4-2008 by Trance Optic]

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Telafree
If you havent seen the 3 minute video of this .....one sided beat down that is just horrific...theres a link to the video here:

geekandthegimp.wordpress.com...

hopefully the link will work...I'm still a newb...

Tela

That makes things a little more clear, however its still not the full video nor the full story. These girls do deserve to be punished for what they did in this video however we should still not jump to conclusions about the prior events without evidence and hearing both sides..

There is no justification on something like this, and if you stand up for these girls that show no remorse whatsoever, i am no truly scared about what this world has become, to think that people will honestly stick up for malicious acts like this and attempt at justifying it is just as sickening.

I don't think anybody is trying to justify this.

[edit on 9-4-2008 by AnOldFriend]

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Whatever happened to the days of a one on one fight. I remember if you were that mad enough at someone that you wanted to fight them you would call them out and if they backed down then they ate their words. And if you fought it was fair and only between the two people.

Ive noticed younger kids today are just plain stupid and without much conscience. They seem to revert back to a primitive pack mentality that is beyond highschool cliques.

Look at the kids that tried to kill their teacher too and they were only 3rd grade children! lol

Ive noticed alot of kids like those scumbag cheerleaders in the city I live in. Most of the time they listen to rap music and walk around acting like the music they listen to. They think they are thugs and the girls have the same attitude. They pick fights because they think it makes them look cooler and they can never just fight fair. To them weapons and gangs are cool and there is no pride in being a strong individual. They are like vultures in a way.

But when you think about it is that not what the system actually wants out of its people. Slave minded beligerent fools. Not only do crime rates rise throwing more money into the legal system, There is also a caste of society that follows a heard and cares so much of what their peers think that they are willing to do anything to be accepted. Whether it be meaningless jobs. Accepting opression. Or beating the hell out of a defenseless person.

Ill bet by the time the generation of these kids grows old enough to be in law enforcement and political jobs you will see things become a lot harsher then they are today.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Kids these days all just want to be famous. Think about it. It's almost as if they feel they are indebted to it too. Like they DESERVE to be famous. They want to be the next lonelygirl 15, or have the one video that a million people have viewed. It seems as though that kind of thinking is what motivates these kids. I work near a highschool and come into contact with a lot of kids high schooled age. Not only are they rude and indecent, they are rude and indecent to other people. It doesn't surprise me at all that this type of action is seen. I imagine that this isn't the first girl fight, it's just the first one that had a tape that is staying on the internet. sadly, I have no ideas on what we can do to save this generation of kids. They just sort of seem lost, with no direction. I know this is a generalization. I know that there are kids out there who arent acting out in these horrible ways, but it seems like more are then aren't.

my 2 cents.

Tela

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Punishments for that kind of actions should be much harsher than they are.
I might sound a bit TOO harsh but I'd go as far as a lifetime sentence in prison..
That would make others rethink before they beat up others like that.
There was a similar instance in the country where I live a month or so ago. 3 or 4 girls beat up another one so bad taht she was hospitalized. Things like that may be impossible to forget to some..
Might leave a mark for life.
Live and let live.
Not letting others live normal lives? So you shouldn't either..

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
The beating was absurd and speaks for itself. Those girls ruined their life when they would not let her leave.

False imprisonment, ie: kidnap, carries a life sentence in some places, especially when a minor is involved. I saw this put into effect on HBO's Pimps UP, Hos Down where a man was serving a life sentence for transporting a minor (his 'employee') across state lines. The charge of false imprisonment got him the sentence, not the pimping.

The evidence that they filmed themselves will be brutal in court. Those girls have proven themselves not to be functional members of society and should be removed.

I think the herd has gotten too big and a thinning rather than a rehabilitation process is going to be going into effect.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   
There is no reason for this kind of crap. They should be jailed and bared from any kind of public schools in the future. They are a pack of nasty wolves and if they don't think hard about this their futures are in trouble.

If they did that to my daughter there would be some knee capping when they least expect it. This ambush is the act of a bunch of cowards.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by LLoyd45

Do they do this because they know their parents don't check up on them? You're right, their eyes tell a very chilling tale. Like looking into the face of a sociopath.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spoodily
The beating was absurd and speaks for itself. Those girls ruined their life when they would not let her leave.

There is a serious momentary mind lapse here, on a psychological level, which indicates that their fuses are too short to deal with their impressionable surroundings. My only question, is this the norm these days?

AAC

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I dont understand how some of you can be surprised by this- welcome to 2008 people...

This story is everywhere- I'm already fed up with it. Dumb decision jumping a girl and filming it- they'll all pay for it in jail and in life. I'm sure she will be suing all of them as well. A few bad bruises- shes not dead. This is ridiculous but theres worse things going on.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   
*edit* I love internet justice. The girls name and phone numbers are being spammed across the net

These kind of things just make me extra thankful for nice girls .

It's incredible how bitchy and sharky girls are encouraged to be now-a-days.

What happened to being lady-like? Honestly, something has snapped in the adolescent mind of young girls. They are out of control and I've witnessed it first hand... violence like this just further proves it to me.

[edit on 9-4-2008 by NewWorldOver]

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnAbsoluteCreation

Originally posted by Spoodily

There is a serious momentary mind lapse here, on a psychological level, which indicates that their fuses are too short to deal with their impressionable surroundings. My only question, is this the norm these days?

AAC

I agree.

I think the over abundance and speed of modern media is intentionally directed towards the impressionable 'violent sheep'.

It seems like all the violence and small time weirdness is every where we look, but it's because the internet needs to be filled with new information all the time. Every video I watch from a 'news' outlet on the internet has an advertisement before it. Every robbery, rape, murder, suicide, fight, car accident, shootout, etc. is now worldwide newsworthy and money is made by the media outlets at the brainwashed public's expense.

We are being subconciously influenced through the repititious, non-intellectual anywhere/anytime media that it is devolving us into emultating what our social standard of 'cool' is (that the media told us what was cool).

The current 'depression' that is happening with homes being foreclosed on and gasoline prices being very high leads to desperation. People want to fit in no matter what and from all the practice that media has allowed them either sexually or violently they are more likely to easily perform desperate acts for our viewing pleasure. Right after this comercial break.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 01:35 AM
link   
I think its good that the girl did not fight back.
They wanted her to, I could here someone in the background yelling at her to fight back. I think they all would have jumped her and it could have ended up deadly.

If she was stronger and there was less of them, she should have broken the glass cabinet and everything else she could have in the house. I heard someone in the background yelling to be careful of the furniture.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Wow I just watched the whole video they beet the hell out of that girl, poor thing I feel so bad for her. I would have to say that with the national media this thing got these girls are going to be even more scared though, I watched the video and kept thinking to myself that the girl throwing all the punches is up the river without a paddle cause those punches are nothing compared to what her new prison girlfreind can throw. From what I hear women prison is worse than a male prison which makes sence cause women are catty as hell.(sorry ladies but you know you are.) I heard the parents and girls that did this are not taking the situation seriously at all. One girl asked if she would be out of Juvi before cheerleading practice. I hate to tell these spoiled girls but life is about to get way unfair welcome to the real world ladies your new prison mama is waiting.LOL

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Oh wow the parents are trying to get them all as adults accept for one the fifteen year old. Those guys that did the look out will get false impisonment, and kidnapping my god I been to jail it is not a good place. One night in jail is all it took for me to walk the line. I seen pictures of them two boys they are screwed you can see in there eyes they are not street smart or scrappers. I can't imagine what the BGF, NETA, or TS has install for little Florida boys, I almost feel bad for them.
Good luck

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join