It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Jackinthebox got jacked-up by the police

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Thats what someone gets who acts like an Smart aleck to show off to his friends.

That's a pretty ignorant statement in this case.

I'll see that, and apologize. But it was how you paited the picture for me.

My guess is you were alot more drunk than you thought you were and did alot of things that warranted this. Just my guess.

And you have guessed wrong.

Understood,but still, its my guess. I wont say you're lying, but it is my guess.
To be honest with you, however you paint a very bad picture for yourself. Think about it. You gav us the following words to describe yourself. "Drunk, armed," and an insight to your character with "I responded by making a wise-crack along the lines of not really being afraid of a few local cops from their small department". So yeah,maybe I did guess wrong, but you can see why I did.

...but I bet if we had it on camera, we would see you fighting back, at least enough to be pulled in front of a magistrate.

Incorrect again. But I will not discuss key evidence further.

Convenient.

I would assume any questions we have about what you were armed with and wether or not it plays into you getting arrested wont be answered either, right? Again, my apologies if you have answered the question prior. I'm not reading all of this as much as I know I should.

Heres the millon dollar question;
You say you were arrested for fighting with the cops.
What was the problem that led to you fighting with the cops?
I know you said

Quickly though, their attitude shifted toward threats and intimidation. I responded by making a wise-crack along the lines of not really being afraid of a few local cops from their small department.

What was there reasoning for getting anxious with you? Even if they just wanted to mess with you and taser you left and right, they must have done something that somehow warrants the attack other than "Hey lets mess with the Smart Aleck!" Be it they didnt like that you were armed, or you wouldnt sit down, etc. What was they're reasoning?

I dont mean to not believe you, You seem to be nice guy. Ive been watching your responses to people,and you seem to handle them politely, eve my comments.
However, I feel the need to play both sides of the field. I dont think this was the right way for the cops to act, but again, this is one side of the story, and ths being ATS, I dont buy whats been handed me. I want details, more information, etc.

Thanks for putting up with my "cross-examination"

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Is there a police report available for this incident? What was the state, county and town or city name? Do you have a case number?

[edit on 27-3-2008 by zerotime]

MBF

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I think you should sue them Jack. At least it would bring the problem out in the open. Then maybe next time they would think twice before they tried to pull a stunt like that again. Unlike you, I like to rattle the hell out of the cage when I have been done wrong even if it is a no win situation. I have been after this one government employee since about 1999 because he essentially almost put me out of business because of HIS drug problem. I have rattled the cage all the way to Washington. By the way, they protect their own too.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by kthulu

I'll see that, and apologize. But it was how you paited the picture for me.

Thank you, and accepted. Sometimes things do get lost in translation.

You gav us the following words to describe yourself. "Drunk, armed,"

But this much is true. Nevertheless, I committed no crime, nor did I deserve to be assaulted with weapons regardless.

and an insight to your character with "I responded by making a wise-crack along the lines of not really being afraid of a few local cops from their small department"

Even if I had burst out with a foul-mouthed tirade, it would not have warranted what happened to me.

But I can see how my own words here did not clearly articulate the situation.

Convenient.

If such evidence were to exist I would not be posting it here anyway. I will tell you though, that I was on the deck face-down throughout the beating and stayed there. Not much chance of violently resisting in that position. That much is evident from the marks on the back of my leg. You will have trust me about the ones on my back.

I would assume any questions we have about what you were armed with and wether or not it plays into you getting arrested wont be answered either, right?

My weapon had nothing to do with the arrest whatosever. I was not charged with illegal use or posession of any weapon.

What was they're reasoning?

I really don't know. Other than what I have already stated. I think they were really just put off by the fact that I was not willing to be bullied or intimidated.

I have also considered the possibility that one of the officers might actually have been intimidated by my size.

However, I feel the need to play both sides of the field. I dont think this was the right way for the cops to act, but again, this is one side of the story, and ths being ATS, I dont buy whats been handed me.

Fair enough.

Thanks for putting up with my "cross-examination"

No prob.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by zerotime

Is there a police report available for this incident? What was the state, county and town or city name? Do you have a case number?

There is indeed a report. I am not willing to denigrate the entire department in such a public forum, so I must refrain from providing location details and the department involved.

It is my intention to take this up within the community, once my case has been cleared.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by MBF

I admire your will and perseverance. Honeslty though, I have more problems in my life that need more direct attention. I cannot take up the fight on this one.

I should also point out that there have been plenty of people beat up a lot worse than this who never got a dime. My case is really not all that serious, and I have been beat up worse before.

That is actually part of my point in posting this thread. To show people the sorts of things that happen quite regulalry, behind the headlines, that never gets talked about. For every video you see of someone being beaten or murdered by police, there are a hundred stories like my own.

Don't misundertand me either though. It does go the other way sometimes. I know of a deputy who was sued for fatally shooting a man who had once intended to murder me. So I know full well that the deceased would have killed that deputy. Then there are the many cases when it all goes down bad, but in the end, the police did just what they were supposed to. There was a thread a few days back about a shooting in California that seemes to fit that criteria of proper use of force by the police, by shooting the subject.

[edit on 3/27/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

If what you say happened to you is true, good luck proving it in court. You may think you have a strong case but I'm sure their DA is doing whatever they can to weaken it, postpone it and overall ignore you. It's a damn shame they won't be man enough to drop the charges knowing what they did to you was wrong.

Have you started to petition the town yet or plead your case to the community, do something.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by jitombe

If what you say happened to you is true, good luck proving it in court.

Tell me about it. It certainly wouldn't be the first time that I've seen a victim convicted.

It's a damn shame they won't be man enough to drop the charges knowing what they did to you was wrong.

Ya know, when all is said and done. If they had just apologized I would have left it at that.

Have you started to petition the town yet or plead your case to the community, do something.

I'm hoping they will sort of just let it fade away, so I don't want to rock the boat. If that works out, I will go to the public leadership directly to address these events, so that there is not needless embarrasment and more innocent victims.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Obliv_au

I think that in legal terms the word speedy means a length of time not exceeding 100 years, or some such nonsense......JK....when you are suing the state nothing is ever speedy. Too bad jack can't get the quick monetary recovery he deserves, any abuse of power by police is just not right, if the state knew what was good for them and Jack has a halfway decent lawyer they will settle soon or end up paying pre-judgement interest and a whole other slew of charges.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   

It is clearly a case of excessive force. If your witnesses corroborate your description of events, those cops should be not just fired but prosecuted.

Ignore the haters and doubters on here. Good luck with your case.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Jack you are clearly a learned and wise man. And can write a mean streak. I have read thru the posts and believe some sort of excessive force was applied. My take on cops is this. Many are one rung off a mean ass pitbull. Many are not far out of the box from the scum of the earth they have to deal with on a daily basis. Personally, I think it not wise to wantonly have any interaction with them at all while they investigated. A wiser course of action would have been to go watch Seinfeld till they wrapped it up. Just my two cow cookies. Hope it all works out ok. Love your writings, please keep 'em coming.
On second thought a few things strike me as odd. That you felt compelled to empty your pockets. That you required permission to smoke a cig. The crack about small town cops really didn't help matters. Some things just don't add up here logically speaking. But I wasn't there. You were armed? With what? A 44 in your waistband. Many questions.

[edit on 28-3-2008 by jpm1602]

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

Personally, I think it not wise to wantonly have any interaction with them at all while they investigated. A wiser course of action would have been to go watch Seinfeld till they wrapped it up.

Agreed, but they called me out. I probably wouldn't have bothered otherwise.

I thank you much for your hearty compliments.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I know you do not have to funds to have an extensive team of lawyers look over your case, but you need to at least consult a lawyer that provides a free case review, similar to THESE GUYS.

That is my advice. At least, send a detailed report of the incident to local law firms and see what they have to say (for free).

If you went to a law firm and told them that you wanted to sue (I know you don't but work with me). If the law firm sees a good money making opportunity and offers to represent you for a percentage(and no up-front fee), that is generally a good indication of how your case could go.

Also, you have the right to an attorney even if you can't afford it. State-appointed attorneys aren't the best but they could help speed up the process by petitioning a judge for a speedy trial. At least you will be able to move on with your life and not have to worry about a pending case holding you back from job opportunities and other things.

My advice... (not two cents, but its free)

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Ah, I see. I was under the impression you and your buds were hanging on the porch kicking back some suds. That is different. I know this sounds woosy, but I have gotten out of more than one jam by being as humble and respectful as possible to peace officers as opposed to asking them if Andy gave them any bullets that day.
Peace.
John
The mighty Dinnstarr returns! Always on mark. God I love that guy.

[edit on 28-3-2008 by jpm1602]

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 01:38 AM
link   
I would like to mention that police officers have extra training in dealing with drunks and how to deflect a bad situation with drunk attitude. Even if he was falling down mean drunk , he should not have been tazed that many times, nor should the situation have been allowed to get that out of control.The marks look like a hand held gun that was on a drive stun setting (used to make someone quit kicking or hitting compared to the stun that will drop a person.) Two shocks should have been enough to turn the legs to jelly and make it difficult to stand up or kick.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Seen that many times. I hope you take a bite out of their budget for that.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 02:07 AM
link   
I work in the hotel industry, and I want to convey a story from the other night. A young man came into the hotel, brought there by the police, he had called the police himself from a nearby restraunt, after a couple of punks ripped off his leather coat which also contained his wallet. Upon arrival, the police noted that the young man had been drinking, that is pretty much what he went to the rest. to do was have a few drinks, it is right next door to his hotel, he could walk back if needed. Anyway, the cops bring him into the hotel, and with his hands behind his back and cuffed (why at this point is he cuffed?) demanding room keys so they may check his room. The police asked the front desk clerk to hold the man's car keys, so he did. Hours later the same man comes back into the hotel to get his keys, he had been beaten! His face, arms, neck, back and chest all had marks and brusises! He was terrified, he said he didn't know what the heck had just happened, all he did was call to report his stolen wallet/coat, and wound up at the county jail getting the poop beat out of him. He wanted his car keys back, he checked out and left town immediately. It was assumed by hotel staff that the man had been beligerant during his reporting of the theft, but still, if some punks just ran out with all your money you would probably be pretty ticked off! It was all just wrong!

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 02:33 AM
link   
So often there are more than one side to any story. Alchohol so often fuels negative outcomes. That's why I do my nippin' at home, it keeps my dogs amused.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Divinorumus
Every high school bully grows up to become either a criminal, or a cop.

That is just not true. My father was a cop and he is an incredible man and all of his comrads also were good people(none of which played football or were bullies)...I think sometimes people forget that police are very much hated by many people and can lose their life during an ordinary traffic stop. Think about that...walking up to a stranger in the dark on the side of the road...bang you're dead.
I would never approach and speak to a cop at the scene of a crime...not that they were right to beat the crap out of you but they are working and everybody is a suspect.. Granted there are "bad" cops out there but don't let them over shadow the ones that have respect for there power. That would be my .02.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 06:00 AM
link   
The best thing in this case would have been to go inside and lock your door. There is no law that says you have to answer your door for the cops and they had no reason to come busting in.

You could of had your fun just as much looking or talking out the window. That would have irked them more than what you did and they would have had to leave. If they did come busting in then you would have a real good case.

Just because the cops "ask" you to come out doesn't mean you have to. I would have told them to go fly a kite if they asked me to come out of my home. There is no law that says you have to coperate if you are inside your home and not harming anyone. Have you never seen the show "cops"? Don't ever say they can come in. Don't even open the door for them. Keep it locked. A locked door means "no you can't come in."

This was a case of a broken window and this is what happened? Its a damn shame. I would have told the cops to go do some real police work and get the hell off my land. That would have really riled them up but they would have known they couldn't do anything about it.

By you coming out of your home you gave them the upper hand in this situation. No very bright...

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join