It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dozens in Texas town report seeing UFO

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I just believe that there might be a connection to the most recent sightings, (san diego and bakersfield) and texas and this new data from SETI. Is this the year? can the internet help turn the tide of disinformation. I'm waiting on pins and needles for our fearless leaders return to Texas!

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Hmmm...this is interesting; I noticed on the Seti website that it says Seth Shostak will be on Coast to Coast AM tonight with George Noory, but when you go to the C2C site, it says nothing about Seth being on tonight...

www.seti.org...

Maybe a last minute change in guests for Seth to come on and talk about the SETI hit with George???

The mystery deepens...this IS rather intriguing...

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   
President Elections is very close in US. I was thinking, whether this issues are kind of "change the subject" thing or not...If we consider that Obama got popular AND the latest sighting are from texas, from where also Mr. Bush comes..Hmm..

P.S: Although i smell like teen spirit, i am afraid i am older

(reference to an older post regarding me).

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

ATS needs a BIG RV with the ATS Logo on the sides.
You guys can drive it to Texas and give us a live report.
Sit on the roof at night and maybe see the UFO yourself.
Instead of Ghost Hunters -- UFO Hunters!
Bring your FLIR cam.
Working for ATS isn't just a job. It's an adventure.
It's time to go mobile.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   
To confirm the whole SETI story being misunderstood via San Fran reporter:

www.seti.org...

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by LouisXI

Your sighting matches the Hudson Valley UFO sightings in alot of areas. To me, that is the BEST UFO sightings ever recorded. There were 1000s and 1000s of eyewitnesses who saw the same thing, some decent pictures were taken and some video that didnt come out well at all. And that was in the 80's.

Wow - I'll take a look at the Hudson Valley information. I've spent a few weeks looking for photos of what I saw and haven't seen anything resembling it. Thanks for insight.

Matter fact the only reason I knew about the Stephenville sighting is my dad called me and said hey that thing you saw a few weeks ago is all over the local news. So I came to ATS and sure enough it's being covered. This is an amazing age.

The book is called Night Seige. You can find it on Amazon.com. I got mine used for $10. It was written by Dr J. Allen Hynek, often referred to as the 'Godfather of UFO investigation'. He was hired by the Air Force as an expert in the field of UFO investigation for Project Blue Book. Until he decided that the phenomenon was real craft being piloted by intelligent beings. At which point they cut him off from being able to investigate anything other than pure hoaxes, and he severed the relationship. He went on to found the Center for Ufo Studies (CUFOS), and he posted lots of his official documentation on that website, here:

cufos.org...

The book is a great read and Dr. Hynek has been the subject of all the reading material I can find. He was a great man, and I am fascinating by both his findings and his thorough investigative technique. I also believe that he is proof that once you discover enough evidence, anyone would be a believer.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Hey Guys I just figured out whats going on with the Texas UFO incident and the radio signal from another Galaxy,

"ET Phone Home"

They are communicating via new wave radio signal as to what they are witnessing here on this earth, do you think after their initial investigations of earthlings they will stop and ask that famous phrase,

"Take Me To Your Leader"

So our Pres is on his way back to pick up the private phone, right.
gwhint

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   
MUFON Texas senior field investigator Steve Hudgeons talks about the recent UFO sightings in Stephenville, Texas, and his impending trip to investigate there. Interviewer: Jennifer Litz Year: 2008 Length: 17:26 minutes:

www.sanangelolive.com...

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
DAMNIT.

DAMNIT.

Every time you feel like things are changing, the same thing happens. Evidence disappears, everyone shuts up and says nothing happened, and the story dies. I feel stupid. I called a friend of mine to tell him to watch CNN and record it. Because 'UFO videos don't get shown on CNN... this MUST be good'.

Then it gets pulled.

DAMNIT. Always the same dead end. Why do I bother?

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Sorry if this has been posted.
It will be covered on Larry King Live friday.

Are UFO's descending on Texas? Locals say yes! Eyewitness accounts of what they saw and heard this week. We're there!

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
dduck's quote,

As regards the "shape shifting" reported by several witnesses, like a bright light burst and then the ship is gone. Couldn't an inter-dimensional craft transiting dimensions - were such a craft to exist - exhibit some light anomalies? It seems I read somewhere that an explosive bright light might be one of the manifestations of dimensional travel.

The objects we witnessed in 1995 did split & shape-shift dduck, while in the light form. Leading me to believe they were inter-dimensional craft. One turned into a solid metallic-like gray object and made an extremely irritating humming sound. I did make a detailed report of this incident to Mufon and Peter Davenport. The military brushed it off, by saying it was army guys, in the nearby mountains using laser beams.

As far as Seth Shostak being on Coast to Coast with George Noory........
I highly doubt he will admit to anything or he just won't show up.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by jainatorres
Sure legally speaking thats definitely true. 1 person seeing "crazy lights in the sky" isn't gonna excite people anymore but something like this is an experience worth investigation. The Air Force condescending response doesn't do anything to help and writing all these people off as morons only goes to show they are scared of it.

Not to mention the bold faced lie about having no jets in the air..when they were clearly seen!!

What if the F16s were planes that had been previously captured by ET (or whoever it is flying the mothership). So even if this is a military craft, that doesn't necessarily mean it has to be a USAF craft, or from the US or even from earth, right? (At least in theory that is ;-)

Does anyone recall the incident in Puerto Rico many years ago when fighter jets were seen to be "captured" by a huge mothership. The report was that local Air Force (US?) denied they had any fighters missing. Maybe they were telling the truth?

[edit on 16-1-2008 by bluestreak53]

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Of no importance to the subject, but I worked in Stephenville for a month doing Ty Murrays celebrity bull riding.......Nice little town

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by bluestreak53

Just wanted to add more info on the Puerto Rico event:

"The situation continued going on and " in crescendo" until the night in which two U. S. Navy jet fighters were apparently abducted in mid air by a huge triangular shaped UFO and disappeared in front of more than 115 witnesses that have surfaced up to this moment. This event happened in the night of Dec. 28, 1988, at 7:45 P.M.

According to most witnesses, there seemed to be three jet fighters involved with the incident, two of them disappeared in mid air as they intercepted and closed in on the huge triangular UFO, and the third one fled the area flying to the north, being chased by several big red balls of light that came out from the UFO. After this, the UFO split into two separate triangular objects in a silent flash of light, after which one of the objects or sections flew off very fast to the north and the other one flew to the east, disappearing. "

We know the UFOs have an interest in nuclear power plants and it is reported they have disabled ICBMs back in the 1970s. So it is possible that they are continueing to assess our "defence" capabilities - even just for their own security and the security of their craft.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
1st Stephenville now Austin? I live in Austin but have not made it out to lake Travis yet, I do carry a Zire 71 with built in camera with me, not the greatest resolution but it's something at least

heres a link to the thread and story

Austin, Tx UFO pics

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
They just showed a short video clip of the UFO on local tv here (West Monroe, Louisiana). I believe the channel station is KARD TV. The clip was short and I caught the end of it. Does anyone have a resource to aquire this?

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Another pilot is now saying the sighting was flares being dropped.

www.nbc5i.com...

Why does this sound familiar?

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by JustMike

Originally posted by stellawayten
I don't know if this is related but I just saw a weird emergency broadcast ticker on the tv... nbc. It said it was a test for the dfw area. I have NEVER seen this before.

Even if it's purely coincidental I find that just a little scary. And I'm not a great believer in coincidences of this scale anyway. Could you possibly give us a little more detail, like exactly what was the wording? From where I live I have no way to access this info direct.

Thanks.

Mike

Ive lived in texas my whole life and they run tests of the emergency broadcasting system all the time. I believe its usually done at the begining of each month. It usually says somthing like "this is a test of the emergency broadcasting system. Had this been a real emergency we would show a list of instructions as far as what you need to do." its a system thats inplace in case of things like floods and tornados. (which happens alot in texas) Having seen this test many times through out my lifetime I can assure you it had absolutley nothing to do with the ufo sighting.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join