It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dozens in Texas town report seeing UFO

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by on_yur_6

Don't believe your eyes, believe the government. [/sarcasm]

I doubt that dozens of people got together and made up the same story for no good reason.
To me that makes no sense! And I doubt very seriously that it was a optical illusion of a mile long craft.

If dozens of people saw the same thing randomly its a good bet that its most likely a creditable sighting.

But hey, thats just my opinion.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBottomLine
Here's another CNN video on this:

CNN Link

The way the Constable described it in this video as a light show sounded like the video those 2 chicks got recently seen here: www.divshare.com...

[edit on 16-1-2008 by Grey Basket]

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   

I can't imagine the need for those on a stealth project, and having been in the military, the stern nature of most people who work in the testing fields would eliminate creating anything not seriously required for operation. No frills thinking to the extreme.

I tend to agree. So if it is a human project, it was designed to be clearly visible, or light was some necessary or unavoidable component of another activity.

If not human, I agree with the previous posters that we would be at a loss to rationalize why or why not it would be there.

I can't wait to see some serious recorded testimony from the eye witnesses.

[edit on 16-1-2008 by Ectoterrestrial]

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I did see a show where our military has small objects that hover they are not all that large and there purpose is to observe.

This is said to be 1 mile by 1/2 mile and I don't think we have anything that large that does what people have described here.

Crakeur, I liked your comment a few pages back, Copperfieldian illusion, gotta love ya!

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Here is the Today Show vid: video.msn.com...

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
That newest Video link posted by Grey was excellent (CNN)... I noticed the mention of
the military saying it wasn't anything of theres. That leaves it open for experimental or area 51.

[edit on 16-1-2008 by Skydancer]

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Artreyus

I think the Chinese Lantern comment was meant to be sarcastic, not literal. I think the person was leaning more TOWARDS this being a real 'UFO' (UFO meaning simply unidentified not extraterrestrial).

I also agree with another posters comment about everyone NEEDING a picture. In this day and age of digital hoaxes I think I would prefer to have hundreds and thousands of people in different parts of a place seeing something and describing it in the same or similar ways than a single picture that will be discredited as CGI.

I like this find simply for the fact that multiple people are seeing the same thing.

However, I am kind of leaning towards a military project on this one.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Was there a logical explanation that dozens witness it and no single picture in the very year of 2008???
I smell tourismus disinfo

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Would love to know if there are any 911 calls that were made??

Any recordings available??

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by dariousg
I like this find simply for the fact that multiple people are seeing the same thing.

Yeah, me too. After the O'Hare UFO I really started leaning in the direction of a "Project Blue Book" sort of thing. It is just too odd that sightings with multiple credible witnesses, media coverage, etc., would illicit such a non-response by the government in this post 9-11 era. Come on now, they called out military units to take down some Lite Bright thingies that were used to do some stupid advertising thing in Boston a while back, and they are utterly and completely IGNORING milelong UFO's seen by multiple credible witnesses? Just not logical at all. I suppose it COULD be a scenario in which the leaders know about the ET's and are letting us get "accustomed" to them little by little so as not to create a panic.

However, our world leaders traditionally LIKE us to panic. In fact they love it. We are never so willing to hand over money in taxes or give up our hard won rights as when we are afraid, and so it seems much more logical to me that this would be some experiment in projecting images that could then be used to scare the pants off us at some later stage. After all, I was in the airport the other day, and people are virtually immune to the "Threat level is ORANGE today" hoohah that is repeated over and over again on the loud speakers. After all these years of terrorists peeking around every corner most of the people I know would rather see a terrorist in real life than hear one more idiotic assertion by the Bush administration about how "they" are sneaking around everywhere just waiting to hack us to bits if we dont go to the mall and stimulate the economy or something.

[edit on 16-1-2008 by Illusionsaregrander]

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Digital_Reality

We completely agree. I don't recall saying anything about not being a credible incident. A lot of people did see something in the sky. I really like the eye witness who said he observed the craft through his scope. If I recall correctly he say that it was very large, grey, no seams or rivets on the skin. Makes me wonder if he tried to take a shot.
Bagging a UFO would be a much better trophy than a large buck! I probably would have just pissed myself if I saw something like this hovering close to me.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
The more I think about it, we really need a timeline of events. This might clear up a few discrepancies of the craft's description. I believe the sheriff saw it as lights while others saw the craft as a large grey object. The sheriff seems to backing off a bit. I'm sure he is being laughed at back at the office.

It seems this has happenned over a period of a few days. It would be nice to see the direction the aircraft moved, distance covered in "X" amount of time, and proximity to military installations.

[edit on 16-1-2008 by on_yur_6]

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Just a thought on_yur_6 and the rest ATSers, What if there are photo's out there from the fine citizens of Stephensville and there is also a military presense since there are bases around.
So maybe the ones holding the pics are thinking of cashing in to the highest bidder kind of a thing, we all know that recession is being whispered and everyones gun shy to spend the buck so maybe all are staying low out of the eyesight of our Oversears, so maybe it will only be a matter of time before something surfaces, wait and see.
gwhint

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
This story is on the front of practically every news page today, even abcnews.com. I've been trying to think of why the media is giving this story so much attention, especially when there are no pictures or videos to back it up. Maybe news is just slow right now...

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by commodore64
Was there a logical explanation that dozens witness it and no single picture in the very year of 2008???
I smell tourismus disinfo

What are these two line posts from people who think everyone has a camera attached to their foreheads?

I smell teen spirit.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
The UFO Forum is full of quiters. Abductees are cowards, the lot of them. Blame them because they did not fight back while being abducted. Not a leader amungst them. Subserviant sheep. Your government hides the truth about extraterristrials because UFO belivers are a bunch of cowards. People that belive in aliens are, fearful, obese excuses for free men and women that don't have the guts to protect themselves and the people around them. Irresponsible, selfish ingrates I say.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nferno666
The UFO Forum is full of quiters. Abductees are cowards, the lot of them. Blame them because they did not fight back while being abducted. Not a leader amungst them. Subserviant sheep. Your government hides the truth about extraterristrials because UFO belivers are a bunch of cowards. People that belive in aliens are, fearful, obese excuses for free men and women that don't have the guts to protect themselves and the people around them. Irresponsible, selfish ingrates I say.

WOW, WTF kind of post is that? Diss the vast majority of people on this board for absolutely no reason. Claiming all people that believe in UFO as obese wimps is freaking ridiculous. If there is another being visiting this planet performing experiments on humans, I bet that they may have the technology to immobolize those they are performing experiments on. If they can travel all the way here I bet their technology is beyond ours.

Again, your post is a joke. I can guarantee you I'm not obese and if I ever wake up in the middle of the night and someone other than a family member is in the room with me, they will find themselves full of large caliber holes.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
let's stick to the topic at hand and not make blanket accusations about believers or skeptics. Discussing the sighting is what we're doing.

thanks.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander

Originally posted by dariousg

Yeah, me too. After the O'Hare UFO I really started leaning in the direction of a "Project Blue Book" sort of thing. It is just too odd that sightings with multiple credible witnesses, media coverage, etc., would illicit such a non-response by the government in this post 9-11 era. Come on now, they called out military units to take down some Lite Bright thingies that were used to do some stupid advertising thing in Boston a while back, and they are utterly and completely IGNORING milelong UFO's seen by multiple credible witnesses? Just not logical at all.
[edit on 16-1-2008 by Illusionsaregrander]

Just keep in mind these people in charge are very, how shall we say, obsessed with keeping face, and maintaining their authority. There can be no appearance of a threat or presence of anything that they cannot control. And they cannot control these craft (some research will show you just how many times fighter jets have had their electronics fail approaching one of these things). The government knows that they cannot control these things because of their technological superiority, so what's left?

What's left is NO MATTER WHAT, it must appear that noone and nothing is more powerful than our leaders. Therefore if they cannot show they are more powerful than these objects, they must do their best to say these objects do not exist and we are all seeing things.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   

I'm trying to prove a point...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

it's all there if you care to know where that post came from..just showing that the hypocritical mods don't even follow their own policies. They only protect who they want to protect..

oh and just so you know, those are begin.psychosis' words..not mine. I just paraphrazed them to apply to a different group. they do nothing to him when he calls 9-11 victims cowards, but i've already gotten 3 warnings for using his exact words but applied to different groups.

anyway..continue your discussion..this doesn't involve most of you..

[edit on 16-1-2008 by Nferno666]

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join