It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dozens in Texas town report seeing UFO

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Awesome post Jim..nice to have some real caliber on these forums..

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by MountainStar
Alex Krycek's quote,

Allen told Von Fremd that he saw "an arch shape converted in a vertical shape, and then it split and made two of them, and then these turned into just fire and it was gone."

My multiple sightings in 1995 were similar Alex. The objects while in the bright light form could split and make more of them. However, those weren't nearly as large, as the one in Texas. Something is definitely going on. Maybe this time *they* won't be able to just sweep it, under the rug!

Wow. You should detail that if you haven't before, Star. I have done alot of reading and watching on the subject, and that would be fresh and new to me.

As far as the press coverage, while I am excited such a good sighting is getting such good press, I'm abit skeptical of how quickly it's catching on. In these cases, it's usually allowed to build up steam because the Gov or Military has some very good evidence it's something normal. Basically they do it to prevent ppl from getting excited or talk about other good sightings, because they have gotten used to them being proven wrong and feeling foolish.

Zabor,
Interesting theory. Liked the links. I had never heard of that project before. From what I read, this thing is low Earth orbit capable too. That's cool. So instead of the Space Elevator concept for getting payloads into space cheaply, they can haul quite abit of cargo on this thing sounds like. Cool.

However, it really couldn't be more different in size and shape and performance than the witnesses report.

1. It's slow as a snail; this thing did hover, but then headed off at fantastic speed according to many reports.
2. While the one slightly flatter version wasn't exactly the typical Zeppelin clone, the ribs and even its shape make it really recognizable as a blimp-type craft.
3. I don't know how much noise it makes but I can bet you it's propulsion isn't absolutely silent, especially from the ground at low altitude.
4. It's big but only a fraction as large as what was seen.

[edit on 16-1-2008 by Alex Krycek]

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
They are about to run a segment about the sightings right now after the commercial break on CNN...

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Originally posted by Jim Scott

I am going with the event happened as described. I am not worried about the reality of the possibility, as ufos have not threatened us. The overall appearance of the ufo seems to be protective or monitoring, if anything, based on thousands of reports.

I have seen unexplainable objects, received a pilot ufo report, and known of official recorded reports by highly qualified military pilots. I am not lying, and am a man of my word.

Jim, when dealing w/ UFOs and in this day and age, we live in a country that will take evidence (must see facts) over a person's "word". Especially, if it's someone that he/she does not know personally.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Its not just 1 persons word, its MANY. You cannot easily write it off like that..you just can't.
So your saying all the witness's made a conspiracy to lie about the same thing eh..

Originally posted by TheBottomLine
Originally posted by Jim Scott

I am going with the event happened as described. I am not worried about the reality of the possibility, as ufos have not threatened us. The overall appearance of the ufo seems to be protective or monitoring, if anything, based on thousands of reports.

[edit on 16-1-2008 by jainatorres]

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by jainatorres
Its not just 1 persons word, its MANY. You cannot easily write it off like that..you just can't.
So your saying all the witness's made a conspiracy to lie about the same thing eh..

jainatorres,

I need to clarify something...I was referring to Jim's experience. Even so, in the "Age of Public Perception", corroborating factual evidence reigns. Simply look at our court of law....one man's word is not enough....corroborating/direct evidence is needed and, sometimes, that's not even enough.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by zabor

Are those working prototypes you think or just sci-fi stuff on the drawing table. Nice animations though.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Sure legally speaking thats definitely true. 1 person seeing "crazy lights in the sky" isn't gonna excite people anymore but something like this is an experience worth investigation. The Air Force condescending response doesn't do anything to help and writing all these people off as morons only goes to show they are scared of it.

Not to mention the bold faced lie about having no jets in the air..when they were clearly seen!!

jainatorres,

I need to clarify something...I was referring to Jim's experience. Even so, in the "Age of Public Perception", corroborating factual evidence reigns. Simply look at our court of law....one man's word is not enough....corroborating/direct evidence is needed and, sometimes, that's not even enough.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Watch CNN The Situation Room. Wolf said they're going to show a UFO video from Texas. Keep watching until 7pm est when it's over because I have a feeling they'll show it last thing for ratings.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufo reality
Watch CNN The Situation Room. Wolf said they're going to show a UFO video from Texas. Keep watching until 7pm est when it's over because I have a feeling they'll show it last thing for ratings.

Sweet. Good catch.

Oh I am so fearing a 'Phoenix Lights Press Conference' type situation only national. LOL.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I'm so glad someone else has seen this thing. I live in (Old Boston, Northeast Texas) and 3 weeks ago I was sitting on my back porch an noticed bright golden lights heading right for my house. This thing flew directly over and was HUGE. The lights numbered 20. They were a strange orange/ golden color and were in a rectangle formation. The lights were not blinking at all. It was only a few thousand feet in the air. The things that bugged me about it was there was only a very low hum, no blinking light, the size was mind boggling (I'm former military and know what big aircraft flying low look like, this didn't fit), it was fast, and the shape of the lights in a very spread out rectangular pattern was unlike anything I'd ever seen or read about. It was traveling due East to West and crossed horizon to horizon in a matter of seconds.

I'm just telling this because it means this craft is making multiple trips through this region and if you live around here keep your eyes on the skies.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   
wow what time of the day/night was this..could you see a solid shape between the lights as well?

Originally posted by LouisXI
I'm so glad someone else has seen this thing. I live in (Old Boston, Northeast Texas) and 3 weeks ago I was sitting on my back porch an noticed bright golden lights heading right for my house. This thing flew directly over and was HUGE. The lights numbered 20. They were a strange orange/ golden color and were in a rectangle formation. The lights were not blinking at all. It was only a few thousand feet in the air. The things that bugged me about it was there was only a very low hum, no blinking light, the size was mind boggling (I'm former military and know what big aircraft flying low look like, this didn't fit), it was fast, and the shape of the lights in a very spread out rectangular pattern was unlike anything I'd ever seen or read about. It was traveling due East to West and crossed horizon to horizon in a matter of seconds.

I'm just telling this because it means this craft is making multiple trips through this region and if you live around here keep your eyes on the skies.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   
did cnn have a video of it? im on the edge of my seat!

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
It was 8:13pm central I wrote it my calendar.

The shape is what was so perplexing I could not see a definite shape. The lights were the only thing I could go off of, and the arrangement was rectangular. I have to agree with the reports of it being a mile long by 1/2 mile wide. This thing was gigantic.

I hope to see it again, so this report has me excited because it means its coming back. I hope others on here get to see it. We may be a new hot spot. I got a digital camera the other day just so I'd have it on standby

[edit on 1/16/2008 by LouisXI]

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   
A couple of thoughts to interject here.

1. As regards the "shape shifting" reported by several witnesses, like a bright light burst and then the ship is gone. Couldn't an inter-dimensional craft transiting dimensions - were such a craft to exist - exhibit some light anomalies? It seems I read somewhere that an explosive bright light might be one of the manifestations of dimensional travel.

2. Crawford is about an hour from Stephenville. Wonder if there would be any connection to the proximity of the "Texas Whitehouse" and these sightings. (Are we sure our Pres. is in the Middle East?)

3. The military has not said "We didn't have any planes flying in that area." The spokes-officer was pretty precise in his wording - no F-16s or other aircraft from his base were in the area the night of Jan. 8. There's a lot of other bases planes could have come from, including bases not in Texas.

These are just some of the thoughts I had as I have been following this story. I'll go back to reading and let others more knowledgeable than I do with these observations as they will.

darkwing

[edit on 16-1-2008 by d. duck]

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Thanks! Good job keep that camera ready, make sure you set the ISO to something high like 400-800 for low light shots and a decent shutter speed ect

Originally posted by LouisXI
It was 8:13pm central I wrote it my calendar.

link   
We are close to disclosure how many years did this cover up go on for?

They may never admit that but we for sure have visitors touching down in Texas has there been word from the Air Force yet about the plane routes of fighter jets maybe a abnormal route for that night?

Then again was it the USAF or another existing branch that deals with this?

That was I want to hear from CNN all of those questions asked.

link   

Originally posted by yeti101
did cnn have a video of it? im on the edge of my seat!

I haven't see anything yet, at this point it's pretty much exclusively pollitical stuff; I even missed the mentioning of it earlier but I'll sit through the suffering in hopes of seeing it at the end

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Im really excited for this possibility for CNN to air this it means a MSM intervention however it depends what is said.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Well, it is on NPR today.

I posted a link to the audio story in the breaking alternative news forum, because I though that the story making onto NPR on their Evening Edition Program of all things is pretty important, because they just don't go there.

Now, I see that CNN is doing a story on it too, and that really blows my mind...

P.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join