It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are UFOs avoiding Croatia??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
The only time they end up in our skies is when they make a wrong turn. How come they don't visit this beautiful country more often? What's wrong with us?

[edit on 5-1-2008 by Breadfan]

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
What are you talking about? Because you havent seen any doesnt mean they arent there or havent been there.

And how would you know where they made a wrong turn, do you know where they are going? lol

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Breadfan

Skeptic answer: maybe croats are just more educated to know the difference between ballons/stars/planets/airplanes and real UFOs?

But seriously, you should also take into account a number relative to the population of a country. Like, how many people live in Croatia? Relatively speaking, UFO sightings could be even similar to US. However, I don't hear often (if at all) about UFOs in China.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Hello Breadfan,

I must correct you on this, there is actually a place on the Island of Pag, where a UFO is supposed not pass but even landed and made contact with the townsfolk of Novalja.

The place is now a meeting-place for UFO fans and mystics.

Here is the link to the document. Sorry, its in Croatian (I don't understand it either, so no further help from me) but Breadfan shouldn't have any problems.

Take care, iohen

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by iohen

Thanks for the link, I'm sure gonna check it out!

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Well, i actually made a thread about this some time ago, here it is, its called small countries and the ufo phenomenon.

Im from croatia, and i have had two ufo sightings over the years, one was in approximately '97, and was actually covered by the media. I tried to find some references about it, but no luck... It was the pre-internet time in my country
The event was in the news papers and on tv, it was a really big deal at the time. The more recent sighting i had was a few weeks ago.

Also, there vas a sighting in Metković, on 30.11.2007, and here is the link. Its in croatian, but i also made a thread about that, so check it out.

The thing with this country (and im sure the case is the same with a lot of nations that are not as developed as the UFO hot spots that we know), is that the people will only report or talk about things that are really out of the ordinary, and i mean EXTREMELY out of the ordinary, because they have a fear of being ridiculed...

So, when theres a weird lookin jet in the skies of Croatia, nobody will think twice about it, because people will see it a weird looking jet!

Remember, there was a war here some time ago, and we have seen weirder things that any American will in a lifetime. NATO flybys, fuel burning, refueling, lights, you name it...

So, when a guy from Croatia (or, actually, from Iraq, Somalia, Bosnia, Kosovo, Afganistan, Kenia, and so on... ), tells you that he saw something weird... I think its worth something.

[edit on 5-1-2008 by nightsider2007]

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Is it not true that ufo's tend to visit smaller and less populated countries?, i may not be right but i have read stories in which smaller towns and its folk come across regular sightings and abductions than normal, could this be due to the fact that they are more isolated from the bigger town or cities? its very rare that you hear of people getting abducted from liverpool city centre or the new york city, this is my first thread so i could be completely wrong, but i jus like to say just because you cant see it doesnt mean it isnt their.

keeping the faith

TheSkepticSway

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Breadfan
The only time they end up in our skies is when they make a wrong turn. How come they don't visit this beautiful country more often? What's wrong with us?

[edit on 5-1-2008 by Breadfan]

Kosovo is not over yet, why should they risk their life?

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I blame Thompson

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Here is another little known Croatian case (little known outside Croatia)

Location. Kukuljani, near Rijeka, Croatia
Date: December 2 2000 Time: 1930
On the above date six local youths, Gloria Zaharija (11), Darko Lukin (13), Boris Juretic (17), Ante Vrabic (14), Jelena Juretic (12) and Virna Kukuljan (11) were going through yet another boring Saturday evening hanging out at their regular location (the bus station) when suddenly they felt an urge to walk towards nearby Trnovica. Darko, Jelena and Gloria went ahead leaving the others, as the approached an area called Batica they suddenly noticed a light of some kind in the woods and in the direction of the light some 15-20 meters from them they saw a white being, standing by a tree looking at them. They described the being as very white in color, as if covered in flour, only half a meter in height, with a large oval-shaped head in which only the eyes were visible which change colors from red, green to fluorescent white. In place of fingers it seemed to have claws and its feet appeared round, like spheres. Darko who unexpectedly found himself two meters from the entity, froze in terror as the rest of the children began to run back to the road screaming. Another group that had followed the first also ran. The entity then began to emit bizarre howling and squeaking noises and scratching with its clawed hands it began to glide just above the ground toward the children, it seemed to move in a strange sideways motion but at such speed that only a faintly luminous area was seen pursuing the children. From the station the children ran to the chapel, but the being continue to follow them coming from a pathway between the houses that led to the grove where they first seen it. They then ran to the other side of the village and the being “whooshed” after them. They then saw it sitting on the fence of one of the old houses; it then suddenly glided away over a little bridge and was gone in the direction of the woods. The parents did not doubt the sincerity of the children and all told the same identical stories. For some time afterwards strange squeaks and noises were heard coming from the woods. Neighborhood dogs were very agitated and barked for a whole week after the incident. Others in the area also reported having very unusual experiences. Ivka Kukuljan while entering the stable sensed “a miraculous thing” and from the platform where the straw was stored she heard some sort of whooshing sound as if somebody was coughing or snoring in some inhuman voice. She was horrified and did not wait for whatever it was to come out and ran out as fast as she could. She now only goes by the stable during the day. A few days before the above date a local bus driver, Ladislav, was driving the bus between the villages of Martinas and Lopaca when suddenly something white flew over the road, the bus engine immediately turned off by itself and the lights went out, to come back only when “the whiteness” had disappeared, he only revealed his experience after he heard what happened to the children. An undescribed UFO was observed the same night of the children’s encounter over the village of Grobstina. That same day 11 strange spheres were seen hovering over the lake by a hydro power plant near Tribalj in clear weather by several independent witnesses. Also that same day numerous villagers from Veprinca to Icica near Opatija observed a blinding light in the sky at midnight. A few minutes before that event a young woman and her boyfriend was driving a scooter as he held on to her waist suddenly found themselves illuminated by an immense white light. She found herself driving blind, unable to see anything around her, even her boyfriend, sitting behind her could not see her, but could hold on to her. No sound could he heard only the sound of the scooter engine. The light lasted for 3-4 minutes and then simply disappeared. There were only reports of low flying US Air Force aircraft constantly over the area.

HC addendum
Source: Mihael Keskic quoting DeepSpace4.com, Croatia Type: D

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheSkepticSway
Is it not true that ufo's tend to visit smaller and less populated countries?, i may not be right but i have read stories in which smaller towns and its folk come across regular sightings and abductions than normal, could this be due to the fact that they are more isolated from the bigger town or cities? its very rare that you hear of people getting abducted from liverpool city centre or the new york city

TheSkepticSway

I don't think so. Geography in terms of political borders (which is what makes countries "big" or "small") would be of little interest to "them", I should think; and Central Europe, including Croatia - in fact MOST of the European continent - is actually very densely populated.

But you bring up an interesting point. Admittedly, I have very little interest in "alien abduction" stories - but now that I think about it, I have never heard or read about such an "abduction" anywhere in Central/South Central/ Southern Europe. I may be totally wrong, of course, but such abductions may be specifically American "folklore" (I am not demeaning anyone : )), whereas in the areas mentioned above they are very much NOT a part of contemporary urban lore.

[edit on 7-1-2008 by Vanitas]

new topics

top topics

join