It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

{Must-Watch} Documentary Video of The Future...You'll LOVE THIS!!!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Documentary info:

experience if the clocks rolled forward 50 years? In a unique blend of drama and science, this three-part series shows you the world of tomorrow. Will we have flying cars? Will advances in medicine help us stay young forever? What about "printing" custom-made vital organs? What will our cities look like? What will tomorrow's wars be about? Will we have robots helping around the house? Will solar power be the new oil?

Watch this three-part program online. It first appeared January 2007 Discovery Channel. Each segment is 43 minutes.

Part 1 : 2057: The Body video.google.com...

Part 2 : 2057: The City video.google.com...

Part 3 : 2057: The World video.google.com...

*Caps lock title edit

[edit on 12-12-2007 by dbates]

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Nice Ill have to wait until I come back from my exam to watch it, but regardless I will watch it.
Looks interesting.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Your toilet is connected to the internet in the future!
Your urine gets analyzed everytime you urinate, the results go to your insurance company, if they detect alcohol your premiums increase.

HAHHAHAA

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I'm going to watch it. But I doubt I'd want to live in such a future, or let my kids live in it.

Where's the nature?? Or will there only be a concrete jungle everywhere?

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 10:32 PM
link   
man... I thought this was gonna be a link to "idiocracy" videos... Got me all excited... Either way I intend to watch these videos; as it sounds fairly interesting...

But I'm gonna pull the ATSer standard... and ask a question before I watch... What are they basing this on? Scientific data? Or Scientific Assumption?

P.s. Link to IMDB Idiocracy Page... read the plot synopsis if you haven't seen the movie... EVERYONE should rent it!

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
Your toilet is connected to the internet in the future!
Your urine gets analyzed everytime you urinate, the results go to your insurance company, if they detect alcohol your premiums increase.

HAHHAHAA

I would prefer for the "human natural fertilizer" to go somewhere and be used, instead of going into the river. Someday it will have to happen :
www.richardheinberg.com...

[edit on 13-12-2007 by pai mei]

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 07:33 PM
link   
So half of Americans will be fired from their jobs and dropped from insurance because they smoke pot and drink a beer every now and then!

CANT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!

YEAH!!!

I HOPE THIS HAPPENS TOMORROW!!!!

wow whoever wants this to happen should be shot

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 08:20 PM
link   
This was very entertaining. I only watched half of the 1st video......but hey I'm reday for those flying cars!

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I do not know how the flying car thing will work, or will ever happen, can you imagine a car crash in the air, they will also kill people and topple buildings when they come down.
You will also need a pilots license, and the training would cost a fortune.
Maybe a few high profile people will have them and thats it.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Futurist Michio Kaku (Lets just say... stephen hawkings with a voice and moveable body) Is a Genius.... This is MORE THAN LIKELY to happen. Don't blame Mr. Kaku for the fact that your Insurance company IS OUT TO SCREW YOU... Hopefully in 50 years we can advance enough that our insurance won't drop us for drunk falling from a third story window... and smoking the occasional spliff.

some links for you to learn a little more about Mr. Kaku.
Michio Kaku Homepage

this is a link to his show airing on BBC now... Visions of the Future

Google Video Link

Linky Linky
Part 1

Google Video Link

Linky Linky to part 2
Part 2

Google Video Link

Link to Part 3 (may not be full... I think there supposed to be an hour each)
Part 3

JUST as Interesting!

edit to add... PART 3 is only half of the show...

you can catch All of the program (in 10 minute segments) posted on youtube..

Youtube Account that has ALL of the Visions of the Future Series (19 parts)

[edit on 12/13/2007 by coven]

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 10:18 PM
link   
with no petroleum and with human overpopulation, the scenarios in these videos are unlikely to happen...i suspect the 22nd century will look a lot like the 17th...back to horses and oxen and people starving in the streets.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I think technology will be in the hands of a few people 50 years from now and most of us will be gone :

however, this is an awesome documentary. Thanks for posting!

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 11:49 PM
link   
This is the world our modern day scientist and government are working so hard to create...
Great find op! I enjoyed each of the vids.
I personally do not want to live like this.... but they are all just ideas, which are developing.
I do not see our world being like this in 2057.. either.
I laughed every time they put something dramatic in the series to...
so lame...

thanks for the vids!

Ax

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Halfway through the second one now. I really don't like the idea of the insurance company dropping someone for lying about a drink or two, but I can totally see it happening. The flying cars would have to be automated to a great degree so there would be a very small chance of error.
I have to say however I was more interested in the parts where they show where this technology is developing currently. It amazes me that some of these things could very well happen if governments and corporations adopt some of them.
Since I haven't quite made it through all three as of yet I kind of wonder if there is an mention of nuclear fusion technology that is currently being worked on. From doing a little bit of reading on the subject I could see how it would figure very highly into this model of the future.
Greatly appreciated the links to these, thanks a lot for it.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 01:20 AM
link   
I just watched the first one, and it gave me the creeps big time. No privacy what so ever. Why would I want others to be able to know what I eat and drink? It is my business not theirs.

Flying cars, no way. Keep me on the ground please. Don't fly over me either. Even if they were computer controlled, there are viruses, computer error, and even input errors. Oppps sorry about your house. The map said there was a parking lot here.

I can see it right now that the cops and ambulance arrives because you and your spouse are having an extremely good martial relations that are taking you to new heights. Oh, ummm, sorry, thought you two were having heart attacks.

We are not computers, and are not meant to be treated that way. We don't need doctors and dentists nagging at us through our mirrors about our hygiene and weight every time we are in the bathroom. Forget about being able to lounge in a nice hot tub. Sorry the water is too hot, and somehow they will say too much soaking isn't good either for you or your skin.

A person laughed about beer and premiums going up. Wait until the insurance companies decide to increase premiums because you drink coffee or pop. Better yet if you eat and drink over your alloted daily caloric intake and don't do your alloted amount of exercise every day. They will be ten times worse than your mother and spouse nagging at you to do things now.

Leave me out of this big brother nightmare. I loved how they crammed in all the uninsured into one large room so no one can even walk around. I have never seen a hospital that crowded, and haven't known any to be that crowded except in a sever emergency.

I wonder if the doctor got away with the switch she made. Probably, but not for long though.

I'm sorry, I don't want big brother looking and breathing down my neck every second of the day dictating my life just because they think they know what is best for me.

One more note: There was a lot more people uninsured than insured. They made it look like very few could even think of affording the platinum premium.

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 07:03 PM
link   
worth the watch and then some. You earned a star. The end of the last one is funny. "What do you think the world will be like in 50 years?" "50 years? Who would be crazy enough to try and predict that far?"

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Y'know, I'm surprised someone didn't go all "conspiracy nut" after watching the first part where they mentioned the insurance companys had access to ALL your information.

The guy had his urine checked as soon as he urinated in the morning, the company knew when and how frequent he drank alcohol, diet, etc.

I'll be in my 60s in 50 years, and I sure don't want any company snooping around in my life..

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 11:26 PM
link   
yes and AL Gore is in prison for running the biggest scam in human history.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hyzera
Y'know, I'm surprised someone didn't go all "conspiracy nut" after watching the first part where they mentioned the insurance companys had access to ALL your information.

The guy had his urine checked as soon as he urinated in the morning, the company knew when and how frequent he drank alcohol, diet, etc.

I'll be in my 60s in 50 years, and I sure don't want any company snooping around in my life..

Thats why I live in Canada, universal health care FTW! Actually the US is one of the few countries that still has health insurance companies

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Damien_Hell
Thats why I live in Canada, universal health care FTW! Actually the US is one of the few countries that still has health insurance companies

Actually, the government is your insurance company and governments have historically never had much of a problem snooping on folks, especially when it come to things like money.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join