It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At least *9* Shot Dead at Omaha Mall

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 03:34 PM
link   

At least 5 Shot at Omaha Mall

www.cnn.com

Police were searching for a person who fired shots Wednesday at the popular Westroads Mall in Omaha, Nebraska, wounding five people.

"I was standing around getting ready to go back to work and all of a sudden I heard this bang, bang, bang -- it sounded like someone shooting fireworks," a witness told CNN affiliate KETV. "I ran to get away from whatever was happening."
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 12/5/2007 by Rockpuck]

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Breaking news and did not see it posted yet on ATS, it appears the gunman was shooting at random, but no motive is known to police at this time.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

"I heard three loud pops," said mall employee Charissa Totten. "Immediately after that, there was a series of maybe 20 to 25 more shots up on the third floor." She said she saw a man shot on the second floor.

At least one victim was shot in the head, apparently as the shooter shot over the 3rd floor railing. Pretty insane.

[edit on 12/5/2007 by Rockpuck]

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Thread already started:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Kozz28

*sigh* that is not a breaking news article.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Two words.

Gun control.

Many nations have measures on the access to firearms and it works.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
Two words.

Gun control.

And while we're at it, let's make it illegal to buy gasoline in any container. After all, this person could have filled glass bottles with it and added liquid soap and made napalm.

Let's ban rocks, because they can be dropped from bridges and overpasses.

Let's ban everything and sit home watching American idol waiting for the government to tell us what to do, where to do it, what to wear while we're doing it and when to do it.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by infinite

That's not the answer. Even if we did have harsh gun control, there's a criminal underground where you can get a scrubbed Glock for 100 dollars. If people want to get a hold of guns, they can, and taking guns away from responsible citizens isn't the most brilliant idea.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Nine dead! Apparently the gunman killed eight people and then himself.

AFP: Nine dead in US mall gun rampage

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Two words.

Gun control.

Absolutely not!

While the UK may not have easy access to guns, Scotland and England remain at the top of the list of most dangerous countries of violent crime.

Taking away guns won't help. Its our society that needs a dire make over.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Any word as to the motive yet?

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by infinite

Criminals get their guns on the black market, not legal means. You can not control that here. Way too many out there. Absoulutely impossible.

Plus, I want a gun in my house - I dont trust all those thugs out there wanting to break in to my house.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by NGC2736

Dont forget to ban knives. They are one of the top weapons used in harming/killing people.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by NGC2736

Yeah, what they really need is to require all non-convicted-felons over age 18 to carry handguns on their persons at all times. The crime rates would plummet!

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by Kozz28

*sigh* that is not a breaking news article.

lol, here we go again with the whole "don't need the same topic in two separate forums" debate again.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Yes, you are right. But I was trying to point out the absurdity of humping on the gun banning wagon. That is such a knee jerk reaction every time.

Edit to add: I meant to say "jumping" instead of humping, but it is such a wonderful slip, I'm posting this instead.

[edit on 5-12-2007 by NGC2736]

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Two words.

Gun control.

It wont happen, as well as shouldnt happen. It is every americans constitutional right to bear arms. I will not expect an english man such as yourself to understand this.

You will only be taking guns away from the innocent law abiding citizens while criminals will be the only ones with the means to have a weapon.

Cliff notes... You wont keep weapons out of criminals hands....its americas constitional right to bear arms...gun control wont happen as most americans are against it.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Now they're saying he left a suicide note. :shk:

For some reason i dont beleive it. Its out of place. I have never gone to a mall on a shooting spree, but i'm assuming one doesnt bring a suicide note for such an event? At a mall?

News conference coming up soon.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 07:04 PM
link   
He doesn't like Wednesday's or Christmas shoppers. I wish these freaks would just do themselves up first.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Yes, lets make guns illegal. We all know that worked so well with illegal drugs. You can't find any drugs in America.

Might as well ban anti-depressants. They seemed to be mentioned in every one of these stories also.

[edit on 5-12-2007 by zerotime]

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Someone flipped the "switch" on this guy.

Also notice how these massacres always have THE SAME ENDING. "The gunman shot himself"

I smell a rat.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join