It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At least *9* Shot Dead at Omaha Mall

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I'll never forget the 17? year old girl in the 70's who shot up a schoolyard and told the police, I don't like Mondays. The switch definitely got flipped.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Now they're saying he left a suicide note. :shk:

For some reason i dont beleive it. Its out of place. I have never gone to a mall on a shooting spree, but i'm assuming one doesnt bring a suicide note for such an event? At a mall?

News conference coming up soon.

i agree. he had a short cut, and was wearing camo. i'll wait to speculate.

no, i wont... sounds like either another military test gone wrong, or very right.

apc

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I heard speculation on a radio report that this guy really tore up one person and the rest seem to be collateral damage. If that's correct it sounds like this guy went in with a target in mind and after wasting them decided to play Dawn of the Dead.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 08:12 PM
link   
CNN

Um.....

Does that picture look like someone belonging to a special forces mission of some kind of psyop plan gone wrong?

Hawkins' mother found a suicide note at his home saying he wanted to "go out in style," the official said.

So your right DG, who bring a note with them to the mall? He left it at home for his mother.

Seven people died at the scene, and two -- a man and a woman -- died after reaching Creighton University Medical Center.

President Bush visited Omaha Wednesday but left an hour before the shooting, the AP reported.

"Having just visited with so many members of the community in Omaha today, the president is confident that they will pull together to comfort one another," White House press secretary Dana Perino said, according to the AP.

Interesting side note there.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 05:56 AM
link   
mmm, I am interested in what the repercutions of this will be. Could this be the Majestictwelve? alot of speculation at this point. bottom line is, the kid shot up a mall. I personally think we should stop broadcasting it on the news and MTV. make it disappear in history, this would dampen the "going out in style" phenomena.

On a side not, I'm sure the mall is offering huge discounts now. Could get some really great deals on cloths, guns, etc......

Cheers,

Camain

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 06:11 AM
link   
So another depressed teenager goes on a shooting rampage then kills himself. This sort of thing is starting to become a form of pop-culture and that worries me deeply. The shooter wanted to be famous, and he will be infamous, that much is certain. How many more times?

It is not mentioned in any of the reports, but I am willing to bet this troubled young man was on some form of anti-depressants; conveniently that fact will be swept under the rug. The weapon used is being described as an "SKS style assault rifle". Now anyone who knows anything about firearms will tell you that the SKS is NOT an assault rifle. It seems the anti-gun lobby will get their pound of flesh from this one.

When will we as a society deal with the root cause of this sort of thing? This didn't happen a few decades ago. When will we acknowledge that the problem is not that of a single sick individual, but that of a sick society, one that lives in fear, worships at the altar of violence, and medicates any troublesome emotions? One that can drive individuals to the depths of despair and offer them no hope? How many more times?

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Two words:

Mental Health

Why won't people get these individuals help? The (estranged) parents clearly knew he was troubled. The nurse he lived with knew (or certainly should have known) he was troubled. His employer/co-workers said he was troubled. His school, friends... you get the idea. There was (alas, again) plenty of forewarning. No one did anything... again.

And as usual the media focuses on the weapon. And the fact that we was wearing camo (apparently a jacket since it is being reported he was wearing jeans). But the fact is, if this guy really wanted to create a bloodbath in a close quarters shopping mall the weapon of choice would have been a shotgun. Lets face it, the rifle is a long range weapon. He was in a short range situation. Unloading buckshot would have been carnage.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Orwells Ghost
So another depressed teenager goes on a shooting rampage then kills himself. This sort of thing is starting to become a form of pop-culture and that worries me deeply.

When will we as a society deal with the root cause of this sort of thing? This didn't happen a few decades ago.

Agreed! This type of "lone psycho suicidal gunmen" scenario has become rote.

However, the very fact that there is now a pattern of repetition reveals a control paradigm. There is a great agenda that is promoting the illusion that human beings are basically sick, evil and need government sponsored parenting. Human being are basically good and loving. It is civilization that is evil and inhuman.

This is the "end game" scenario where everyone at the end of the year does their personal inventory to see where they rank in societies "big board"

That is the whole meaning of Santa's " shopping cult"

it is just another level of "sheep dog" control parameters

There answer is not more gun control, the answer is less "mind control"

Shooting sprees are ritualistic traumatic abuse programs on a mass scale, designed to cause a reaction, that can be solved by a government sponsored solution

Let's suppose that this was the act of a lone gunmen:

There is a theory that the proper reaction to an insane society is an insane act. The holiday shoppers are acting insanely spending money and energy to show how much they can afford to give, but the real power of giving has become usurped by the Santa cult. People are not giving out of love, but giving out of fear of being ridiculed for not being able to give the "proper amount"...so the question is not why does this happen? but why doesn't it happen more often?

This is programmed like every thing else in civilization

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 07:50 AM
link   
There is not a law in the world the would prevent this tradgety. People who think they can legislate crimes like this into non-existence are ignorant in the extreme.

Even if he had a gun he bought legally, it wouldn't stop him from doing this if he wanted to. The law of averages applies here, the majority of crimes are committed by criminals using illegal methods with tools purchased illegally. No need to take the .09 percent of the crimes committed with legal firearms into account and punish us all.

As for the fools claiming this is some conspiracy, get a life. This guy was a product of his environment, combined with a serious mental illness. Nothing more, nothing less. But, if thinking this is a conspiracy allows you to avoid facing reality, then so be it.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508
Two words:

Mental Health

Why won't people get these individuals help?

^^^^it is NOT easy to get mental health help and i would guess that there are people out there that have cracked cause they did not get the help they NEEDED. they are saying he was taking anti depressants.
i know i just finally got to go to the hospital and see a psych....i jut got help after months of needing it...

there is no justification for this and obviously i think it is terible but there are many, many people out there that need help and can't get it for whatever reason.

this dude reminds me of mark david chapman...the guy that killed lennon.

actions are different but both wanted to 'go out in style'..'they wanted to be remembered.....
chapman didn't kill himself though and he waited for the cops to get there as he read catcher in the rye. when the fuzz got there he said "i just shot mr lennon"

i don't think any of these things are psy ops.

IMO, people are just cracking. in general it seems like there is more pressure on kids these days.
there is a lot going on in the world and if you're already disturbed, it don't take but a google search to find people that are just as disturbed.

had he had proper help would he have done this? maybe.
too bad we will never know

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Orwells Ghost

It is not mentioned in any of the reports, but I am willing to bet this troubled young man was on some form of anti-depressants;

cnn just said about 10 minutes ago that he waas taking anti depressants for the past couple months.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

On 29 January 1979, 16-year-old Brenda Ann Spencer opened fire on children arriving at Cleveland Elementary School in San Diego from her house across the street, killing two men and wounding eight students and a police officer. Principal Burton Wragg was attempting to rescue children in the line of fire when he was shot and killed, and custodian Mike Suchar was slain attempting to aid Wragg. Spencer used a rifle her father had given her as a gift. As to what impelled her into this form of murderous madness, she told a reporter,''I don't like Mondays. This livens up the day.'' Source

Sometimes the explanation is as simple as "He just ain't right."

apc

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Mall shootings seem to be a relatively recent trend, but shooting incidents in general is nothing new. The only difference today is the media hears about it. It used to be that if a kid brought a gun to school and punched some holes in the walls or someone shot up their neighborhood, it would be handled by the community and often the local authorities were only contacted if someone actually got shot or killed.

And as far as the moronic argument that gun control will help, I would like to remind people of the North Hollywood shootout, on which a scene in the movie Heat was based, where two men heavily armed with fully automatic weapons and body armor confronted police after robbing a bank.

The cops were so heavily outgunned in the shootout, they actually had to acquire more rifles (semi-auto) from a nearby gun dealer to try and level the field until SWAT arrived. Had that local gun dealer been forced to close because of more idiotic gun control laws, those cops would be dead.

This was in 1997, well into Bill Clinton's assault rifle ban.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Gun control does not work do you honestly think he purchsed his oozi at a local gun store.

gun control only takes the guns from legal owners.

if you reply gun control is the solver you are blind and don't know much about illegal arms sales for 400$ i can buy a 9 mm today if i wished. Gun control won't stop this.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

Like any law will stop a criminal from obtaining the weapon of his choice. In your part of the world your hands are tied if a criminal confronts you with a gun. Criminals don't care about laws. You just make it easier for them to take advantage of those who can't protect themselves.

Many states here now have conceal carry laws. Lawful citizens are able to carry a pistol if it remains concealed. How many would have died if someone close to the shooter was carrying a pistol and able to respond? I would have dropped him in a heartbeat.

[edit on 6-12-2007 by on_yur_6]

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508
Two words:

Mental Health

Why won't people get these individuals help? The (estranged) parents clearly knew he was troubled. The nurse he lived with knew (or certainly should have known) he was troubled. His employer/co-workers said he was troubled. His school, friends... you get the idea. There was (alas, again) plenty of forewarning. No one did anything... again.

Good post...Mental Health.

If "they" help these individuals with mental illness, the system takes the chance of loosing clients which means, loosing money. Many of you will not agree with me, but I was employed in this field for many years and watched how these Psychiatrists, Psychologists, Therapists, and caseworkers enable these individuals. Making these individuals feel hopeless and dependent on meds and the above mentioned
"professionals".

The majority of these "professionals" focus solely on the mental illness instead of focusing on behavior and accountability for ones actions. Stealing..."it's because of your mental illness". Fighting..."your mental illness is to blame" e.tc.

Meds are shoved down their throats.

And after a while, an immunity is built which no longer slows down or sedates the individual and they snap.

Or, the individual is monitored poorly (which insure$ they'll have to come back) and they snap because of lax care.

Some just stop taking the meds...

And this kid that just shot-up the mall, "they" may of lost him, but he will be replaced by all the people traumitized by the unfortunate incident.

--sorry for the rant, but it's a shame how the majority of this field is corrupt and money hungry. On the flip side, if you have the money, there are some people who will provide you with good therapy. They'll tell you the truth about there being no cure, and you'll have to work to help yourself and refrain from hiding behind your diagnoses. If they aren't helping, they won't continue to take your money. (hopefully)Institutionalization would be the recomendation to protect yourself and others.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Funny this happens just before the supreme court has to decide on the right to bear arms.

hmmm.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 09:46 AM
link   
The problem with your argument of "Criminals will always be able to get guns" is that not everyone that conducts a crime is one of those ''die-hard'' criminals that has or knows where to get guns.

If it's a spur of the moment thing someone could shoot someone else, due to his anger at that point.

It technically makes him a criminal, as he broke the law, but that person was not a criminal until the gun that he posessed allowed him to become one.

Criminals don't always make guns.
Guns make criminals.

Give people the power to do everything, and hell would break loose.
Restrict them, and suddenly your criminals vanish like snow to the sun.

The system works, that much is obvious. It just doesn't work everywhere.

[edit on 6/12/07 by -0mega-]

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by -0mega-

Guns make criminal?
More like guns are the most efficient tool for the criminal.
Criminals begins at the mind, then the criminal chooses the best avenue to proficiently commit w/e crime.

In other words, guns don't create a problem that didn't already exist.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by -0mega-

Here's some food for thought: Harvard Journal of Law

I thought this thread was about the news of this kid shooting up a mall? If you want to have the back and forth over gun-banning that's been had a thousand times before on ATS you can find the threads simply enough to jump on in or either read the conversations you're set up to have. They've all been had before and all end the same way.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join