It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At least *9* Shot Dead at Omaha Mall

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I am glad we here in Australia dont have to put up with these things that happen way to often over there in the states.

My thoughts have gone out to those families who have lost loved ones because of this as I sure we have all felt for them.

When we are sitting around enjoying our selves this Christmas with family and friends opening presents eating and having maybe afew drinks too many.Spare a thought for these type of people who cant for a while to come, if not forever affected by this.

As I said I dont live there,though I saw on your news broadcast the day this happened a reporter on the location of the scene say "well its official,this person has become Nebraska`s most infamous killer with 9 dead"

He stated this imo that could be interpreted as a competition to others who may have these type of thoughts of going out in a blaze.

I was really angered by the way it came across to me,I think these news reporters need to realize and watch what they say and how they say it.

Someone please tell me what is the point in even mentioning any thing along those lines of who owns the title? and found it totally sickening and an insult to the families who just lost loved ones an hour or so before he said it.

Rockpuck can you please show me the stats where it states that UK`s violent crimes have risen that you mentioned,not putting you to task,I have looked but cant find the official page.Your the second person I have heard this from though haven`t been able to find it and both of you have stated it without showing it.

Though further,I dont want to see stats on violence,violence comes in many forms,you can walk away from a punch in the mouth etc for example.Violet death stats compared before and after would be interesting.

Knife attacks/deaths have risen,well that should have been a given they would seeing guns are hard to get,though if I were confronted would rather take on someone with a knife than a gun.

Now dont get me wrong I`m not having a go at all Americans and their gun rights,though something needs to improve, somehow?

So I`d like to hear from pro gun people and what their thoughts to the solutions are, if any?

apc

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I'll leave the rest be, but I feel I should point this out.

in·fa·mous -adj
1. having an extremely bad reputation

fa·mous -adj
1. having a widespread reputation, usually of a favorable nature; renowned; celebrated

On a rather humorous side-note, this page is generating an ad banner for Omaha Steaks... Save up to 55% plus get 3 FREE gifts!

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I personally didn't see this as a gun control issue. Guns don't kill people, people with intent do. To say that someone would've carried a gun into a mall with intent of defense after the incident had already passed is irrelevant. The kind of gun, the social issues behind having a legal firearm and using versus not is also irrelevant.

I think people bring up these issues because they felt as I did: insecure. No one wants to think about what happened. They just want to know the number dead, why they're dead [as if there's a solid answer to that], and who we can blame for something happening. It's selfish to think of this when there are crying mothers and fathers out there, families, friends and other loved ones who found out that they'll never see that person smile again, never eat with them, never share laughs with them. It's a psychological dent in our minds that tell us we shouldn't feel for them and that we should bury our pain [no matter how small or "insignificant" it may be] in issues that will ignite anger as a distraction to life.

I certainly wasn't looking for gun control issues when I read this thread. My anger usually goes towards the media for over-advertising [note: is spell check refuses to fix a word, just put a hyphen in it somewhere!
] violence, but what's even scarier is the indifference good people channel into others.

Not gun control. Not a government conspiracy. Just a lonely kid, a gun, no hope left, and a lot of sorrow for christmas leftovers.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by D_Marx
Guns don't kill people, people with intent do.

Err....I think a gun does kinda help

Until the United States understands this issue, and the NRA stops funding against candidates who are for gun control, events and incidents like this will continue.

The question I put to you is this, how many of your fellow Americans will have to die before you understand that the issue of access to guns need to be addressed?

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 02:05 PM
link   
infinite

The question I put to you is this:

Why did the investigators in the Dunblane shooting never release the eyewitness statements?

Why did surveillance cameras at a roundabout show Thomas Hamilton driving away from the school when the official version has him driving straight from his home to his school?

Why were 4 weapons found at the scene when witnesses said he only had two?

How come none of the victims attempted to flee toward two exit doors in the Dunblane primary school gymnasium?

You clean up your own house first!

----------------------

"I wish I had stayed in bed."
--Michael Ryan - Hungerford, England, August 1987

[edit on 9-12-2007 by starviego]

[edit on 9-12-2007 by starviego]

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 02:18 PM
link   
We need to quit broadcasting and discussing idiots like this guy and his foul deeds!

They should be given no funeral, last rites or any religous or burial ceremony! A piece's of garbage deserves no proper burial or savior of his worthless soul!

Instead their worthless soul and body should be disposed of in a garbage dump or put them in a zoo or in wild animal sanctuary where there body can be torn to shreds and devoured by the animals as cruelly as they snuffed the lifes on innocent victims!

May their souls be forever destroyed and their name never mentioned, because in the end they took more from society and added nothing to society!

What a loser!

I only have saddness and condolence for the victim's, their families and loved ones.

I have no pity for this loser, but I do pity his family!

[edit on 12/9/07 by mel1962]

[edit on 12/9/07 by mel1962]

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

Originally posted by D_Marx
Guns don't kill people, people with intent do.

Err....I think a gun does kinda help

Until the United States understands this issue, and the NRA stops funding against candidates who are for gun control, events and incidents like this will continue.

The question I put to you is this, how many of your fellow Americans will have to die before you understand that the issue of access to guns need to be addressed?

All of them. Our rights are worth far more then you can imagine. I have a right to bear arms. This government will see its last days before they take it away.

We have had guns since our nation was founded, yet it was not untill the 60's and the social degeneration and moral corruption that brought about such severe crime in our cities. And it wasn't until the 70-80's that kids started shooting each other, and it was not until the 90's and the new century that kids began massacring each other in larger numbers and in more frequency.

Does this mean that guns, eventually grew brains and intelligence and attacked unsuspecting and easily motivated children to shoot one another? Er. No, perhaps its the fact that our society, and not just America's but Europe's as well, is far, far, far more violent. And yeah, that mean the UK as well, noted as one of the more violent countries in the world. You may not have (easy) access to guns, but that does not change the people. Still having knife amnesty days in England?
Next you'll be confiscating rocks and bricks.

Shootings like these, very sad, however does it warrent MY gun being taken away? Hell no. It means we ought to be focusing on bad parenting, getting kids out of F'd up situations (this kid was messed up, thanks to his parents) and perhaps forced sterilization of some people that messed up enough kids already. Then we can focus on the media and movies who make kids idolize the perpetrators to begin with. This kid who shot up a mall said he wanted to go out with a bang and to "be famous" .. and he knew he would why? Because the media flocked to the scene right after or before police even got there.

Guns .. not the problem. A sick deranged society. Thats the problem.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Mel, do you think that these people are victims themselves or even mind controlled killers. No one can condone what they do/done but it is all to easy too right them off as the usual lone nutter.

There are millions of gun owners in the US many may have problems but they dont go around killing all and sundry, every case has its cause.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by magicmushroom
Mel, do you think that these people are victims themselves or even mind controlled killers. No one can condone what they do/done but it is all to easy too right them off as the usual lone nutter.

There are millions of gun owners in the US many may have problems but they dont go around killing all and sundry, every case has its cause.

Magicmushroom, I don't have a problem with guns, guns don't kill people, people kill people, whether with a gun, knife, bat, etc.

The problem I have, is the news media makes a big deal out of the shootings, thus making idiots and losers in the world wanting their "15 minutes of fame"!

All through, human history there have been idiots, richard craniums who take their vegence on the innocent because their life stinks, even know they made their own mess or maybe their mother didn't love enough!

Enough is enough, we need to castigate these criminals and quit glamourizing and feeling sorry for them, they are what they are human garbage and filth!

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Killing for fame is not a new phenomenom. Trouble is, it doesn't work. Who today remembers this guy:

11-12-66
Robert Benjamin Smith, an 18-year-old high school senior in Mesa, Ariz., said he believed he was God when he herded five women and two children into the back room of a beauty school--the Rose-Mar College of Beauty--forced them to lie down in a circle and methodically shot each person in the head, killing five of them.

''I wanted to get myself a name . . . to see the headlines with my name in them before I die.''

He waited for the police, then confessed and cited as his motivation the crimes of Mr. Whitman(Texas tower sniper) and those of Richard Speck, who had killed eight student nurses in Chicago that year.

His plan was to bind the women, tie plastic bags over their heads, and watch them while they suffocated. He found to his dismay that the sandwich bags were too small to pull over a person's head...

In a letter Mr. Smith sent to a Times reporter from prison in January, he brushed off questions about illness and wrote, ''Lessons? The sole thing I have learned worth the telling is the ironclad necessity of retaining control over one's essential bodily fluids.'' He blamed ''sexual self-stimulation'' for his crime and noted that he had tried to amputate his penis while in prison using the pull-tab from a can of diet soda.
(ahh! ... the ol' masturbation defense...)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join