It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happened to the Egyptian Cat race?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 02:29 PM
link   
The Egyptians used lots of symbolism in their drawings and carvings.. I think we would have found a tomb with a cat person mummy by now if they really existed...

Oh, and I will hold the OP responsible if we are suddenly barraged with videos of celebs and politicians shapeshifting into cat people.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by jedimiller
How about a simple explanation like, they left? We don't need to see remains. Do you see remains of the Greys? the reptilians? no. So the Cats could have gotten on their ship and left. Maybe they already got what they needed and left?

Just a thought-

If this actually took place then one would expect a "wall" to be dedicated to such a monumental event in Egyptian history? "The day the cat gods left in their flying chariot.".

2PacSade-

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by jedimiller

Hey Jedimiller,
I lived in Egypt for years and years and this subject just never came up in discussion groups and I think maybe the Egyptian considered the Cat people to be symbolic, I agree with this thought.
My theory as to how all these different animal gods came to be is that in some way they served a positive or negative purpose in the beginning days of the Dynasties. Like for examples:
Osiris was a dog god and just maybe a dog was befriended by one of the first Pharoahs and this dog gave unconditional love as we all know our pets so the priests were ordered to make a god out of a simple incident.
Go visit the first Dynasty of Zosar in Lower Egypt at the step pyramid
(This pyramid was built with small rocks that seemed to crumble easily and over time, hence go with bigger rocks in the future dynasties) located in Sakara and there is a room thats an awsome sight, on both sides of the room are rows of giant big black granite bulls and they seem to be worshipped for what, just maybe because they were able to be trained to pull massive amounts of weight to build temples and statues etc.
The cat could have been made a god because maybe there was the black plague at some time in the beginning, the cats ate the rats and the plague was controlled, so the priests made gods of them, many examples have been given on the walls for certain animal gods, so maybe it's all just symbolic, Keep on searching for the truth and you will find it, gwhint

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chasty
Funny to see that in that list there were 6 primates and none of them is the Uakari.

This is some really weird creature! Looks like he comes straight from hell.

I don't know about these cat people, but that uakari reminds me of the guy from "Predator."

I would venture to say that the cat people depicted in the carvings are indeed symbolic. Just like the people depicted with ibis heads or jackal heads or whatever you see.

I think it's like depictions of the Holy Spirit as a dove.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 06:38 PM
link   
The Elder Scrolls series has a race of cat people. They look really silly.

Just because it was imagined doesn't mean it existed. This thread is silly.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I hate it when people just cannot comprehend that the Egyptians were capable of doing anything without some sort of magical alien help. The Egyptians were smart, powerful, creative people. Sometimes I just want to tell people to get out of their fantasy worlds and give human beings some credit once in a while. But the same imagination that lets people today think that the Egyptians hung out with cat people or that aliens built the pyramids is the same imagination process that allowed the Egyptians to create their man/animal gods and build the pyramids in the first place.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by zerotime
I hate it when people just cannot comprehend that the Egyptians were capable of doing anything without some sort of magical alien help. The Egyptians were smart, powerful, creative people. Sometimes I just want to tell people to get out of their fantasy worlds and give human beings some credit once in a while.

Well said, dude! Well *snip* said...

And to answer what happened to the cat people - seeing that some of us seem to be throwing in complete assumptions - I say they've permanently shapeshifted to the housecats we know today, in order to continue the enslavement they have had on humans for thousands of years. Think about it... back then, should these cat people have existed, people were probably forced to feed them, give them shelter, and love them no matter what they shat on. What happens today is the same thing. We feed our cats, we give them shelter, and we love them no matter what they # on!

It's either that or ancient egyptians, like a lot of people nowadays, just really liked cats... and wanted to personify them somehow. And they did this through drawings... possibly...

You think people 3000 years from now are going to think Batman actually existed because they found ancient drawings of him? I doubt it...

But, honestly, if I can keep common sense aside for a minute, I'll be honest and say that I'd love to believe there's an ancient race of alien cats somewhere in the universe and I can one day meet one. Until then, I think proof is needed..

PS... sorry for the butt-talk.. I just smoked...

[edit on 5-12-2007 by oaf21]
Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 5-12-2007 by Jbird]

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Cats are venerated i Egypt because they were on of the first cultures to create massive amounts of grains, enough to have surplus to last many years.
these graineries attracted rats....Cats protected graineries from rats.

Over time, Cats began to be seen as protectors and guardians, and the cat myths grew.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Monger

I'm sorry, but look at all the other mythology in history, i cant quite grasp why having a GIANT cat statue or some wall carving depicting cats, because there is so much more mythology and strange gods, people honored their gods and just because someone thought it up or drew it doesnt mean its real, cool thought, but no evidence, its always easy to say they were here and left, but you dont know that, they most likely didnt exist, i cant say either way, i'v never been to 2000 BC egypt, but without any plausible evidence its def. a no go with me,

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Hey Man,

I found from my readings over the years an explaination that seemed appropriate. That Egypt itself had a civilization around the time of Atlantis and Lemuria. During the time beings were choosing to come to earth to learn, many were still trying to gain the understanding of forming bodies. You then have these half man half animal people who still had some complication from spirit into physical. I read that some of these peoples were looked down upon and made into slaves and used animal labor for farms ect. Groups of people who were healers worked with advanced technology took some of these beings in to be "healed" or changed to a more acceptable physical form.

My personal experience has come to understand that yes they were Gods. Now, I could not say if they were as a race or just a few that made it into the records of man.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Very intresting race of cat's, the cat was supose to tell the future, the priest would look in the cat's eye and tell the pharao his destiny,
the race of egiptian cat's were a bit taller , their eyes were biger and the head was also developed in a specific way. it was longer.
There are still around but in very few numbers.

[edit on 5-12-2007 by pepsi78]

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 08:52 PM
link   
jedimiller,

if you are interested in the egyptian worship of the feline race check out the egyptian feline/solar godess called Bast. I questioned Michael Tsarion about the esoteric meaning of the cat or feline spirit in a private email and he responded, quote from original email;

Michael, Hope this gets to you. I was wondering about the role of cats and the feline apparations in ancient cultures any ideas? I understand the egyptian and hoodoo theories as they were our protectors and overseers, in a spiritual sense, especially black cats. (my original email)

Michaels response;

i would look it up on wikipedia, or any egyptian site under gods. there are some egyptian links on taroscopes. i think the cat represented man's inwardness. it was a symbol of aloneness, solitariness, and indepdendence. thames and hudson once had abook out on the cat and its symbolism

m

I hope this helps.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 09:24 PM
link   
there were NO cat people.....

there arose times in egypt and other advanced civilizations time to stop
and think. to compare. most aboriginal people have various totems or
animals they watch carefully to learn their attributes. think about it. if you
had for centuries, time to simply sit and contemplate, you MAY look at
certain animals to see how they negotiated the earth (area). time and
contemplation......on the other hand, if you spent the majority of your
time fighting weather and other pissed off people, your time would be
better spent trying to survive..
we, as humans are part of this living planet. the minerals of our bodies
are roughly equivilent to the earth's minerals as a percentage of total mass. if we are of the earth we can simply use that formula to assume certain things about our earth. the egyptians and other aboriginal people
of a particular portion of this earth used the formula of this earth to
guide their belief systems. some where, some person contemplated the
beauty of their surroundings and thought "surely, there must be some-
thing in control!", and religion was born. there is an all knowing controller
of souls, but we are allowed to choose our path. the controller "god"
cares not what we call it. only that we acknowledge it, as the others
have done. the beauty of god is such that he/she it will be whatever
name you give it. god has been the same god forever, everywhere.
all of the ancient people took time to contemplate and watch, and those
who didn't have time simply borrowed gods from others. god didn't
care.

[edit on 5-12-2007 by last time here]

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by flice

Why would Michael Angelo spend years painting the Sixteenth Chapel?

One of the reasons I ignored this jedi person for is their shocking lack of knowledge regarding the things they post about.

Cases in point here: It was Michelangelo not "Michael Angelo" that spent years painting the Sistine Chapel , not the "Sixteenth Chapel".

OMG, these are not just mis-spellings of famous people and places, but evidence of a total lack of knowledge and understanding of the subject. Deny Ignorance!

Very sad, also, that no one else seemed to even notice, since these are the kinds of mistakes someone in elementary school might make.

Please do at least the minimum of research - try Google so you at least will get that "did you mean ..." when you screw it up this bad - before posting further.

[edit on 12/5/2007 by centurion1211]

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by jedimiller

Originally posted by HowlrunnerIV
I don't know, but perhaps you could tell me why so many people have gone to so much trouble in the las couple of millenia to paint pictures and carve statues of some poor bloke nailed to a piece of wood...

Why? because that old poor bloke was a guy that got sentenced to death and put up on a cross to bleed to death. crucifictions were a real deal, nothing made up about that. There's 100% evidence out there that the romans used to sentence people that way. and it's the worst way to die so it's interesting for a painting. and all those paintings you see are at least 80% accurate of the ways things used to be.

Yes, especially if you stood on a hillside and loudly declared that "I'm Spartacus!". The rebel gladiators lined the Appian Way on their crosses, an early form of heads on spikes over the city gates. But where's the proof that this one guy who has statues all over the world got nailed to a plank?

Also, the virgin mary, was a real woman..she was the mother of jesus, even if you don't believe in god. it was part of history..and there's nothing religious about that.

Oh, Man, COME ON. Did you even read what you wrote?

the virgin mary, was a real woman

Really? You learnt that in high school history class? Right after you studied the Mesopotamians and Egyptians? Care to show me the stone tablet, parchment or Roman scroll that mentions her?

she was the mother of jesus, even if you don't believe in god

WHAT? If I don't believe in God, how can she have been the mother of Jesus, who, for the reason that I don't believe in his father, doesn't exist?

it was part of history..and there's nothing religious about that.

Show me one contemporaneous text that mentions a family consisting of Jesus, Mary, Joseph or God that is not the Bible. Which is not even a contemporaneous text. That isn't history, it's faith.

The faith may have history, but that doesn't mean the objects of that faith are historic.

Next you'll be telling us about a legendary king of the Britons who pulled a sword from a rock, 'cos even if you don't believe in Merlin, Arthur was history.

If I went round proclaimin' myself Emperor because some moisten bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away

www.imdb.com...

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Jedimiller, i think what you need to do is actually do some research on this subject, this is not meant to be critical, but you seem to have just posted an idea without any background investigation on your part. If you had researched this you would have found that the answer is a lot simpler than a Venutian race of Cat People inhabiting the planet 3000 years ago.
Since Homo Sapiens first began to experiment with communication via language and illustration, ie cave paintings, petroglyphs etc, symbolism has been an important part of explaining that which has seemed supernatural or an unknown.
All cultures around the world from this time have had totems/spirits/gods/demons that have had symbolic connections to various animals. Australian aboriginals are a good case in point, many of the dreamtime spirits have had amorphous properties with animals, this doesnt mean that there were half human, half kangaroo, or half human, half fish races living amongst man, but simply that the special place that these animals had in the daily lives and survival of the aboriginals was revered.
It is there way of explaining the uniqueness of life and how the interaction of nature completed the circle of life.
Study any culture world wide and you will find Gods with animal symbolism attached to their human form.
Imagine if you will humans in a 1000years time discovering Cabbage Patch doll posters and making a connection that we must have been visited by a race of cute little puffy faced doll like creatures from Arcturus. It just doesnt float.

mojo.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Originally posted by flice

Why would Michael Angelo spend years painting the Sixteenth Chapel?

One of the reasons I ignored this jedi person for is their shocking lack of knowledge regarding the things they post about.

Cases in point here: It was Michelangelo not "Michael Angelo" that spent years painting the Sistine Chapel , not the "Sixteenth Chapel".

OMG, these are not just mis-spellings of famous people and places, but evidence of a total lack of knowledge and understanding of the subject. Deny Ignorance!

Very sad, also, that no one else seemed to even notice, since these are the kinds of mistakes someone in elementary school might make.

Please do at least the minimum of research - try Google so you at least will get that "did you mean ..." when you screw it up this bad - before posting further.

[edit on 12/5/2007 by centurion1211]

Nice job Centurion, I was looking through here to see if anyone else caught that. Clearly, a majority of people reading this thread know little about history.

To keep on topic; the Egyptians personified feelings and ideas with many different animals. I have heard less about the feline than the jackal or hawk, but the fact is the feline played just as important of a role.

Anyways, the Nuggets are playing the Lakers rights now; 102-102.
GO NUGGETS
DAM U KOBE!!

Ya its a rerun but I don't know the outcome yet.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 05:22 AM
link   
There were no "cat people". This is just one demonstration of Egyptian Pagan/Shaman belief. Shamans, particularly those using hallucinogenic aids, would often see visions of half-man/half-animal beings. These therianthropes then became sacred entities to the Egyptians. They are simply visions from the otherworld. Cave art all over the world, right back to 50,000 years ago shows similar half-man/half-animal beings.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 06:27 AM
link   

What happened to the Egyptian Cat race?

Must.. stop.. so many answers...
1)Spot won it by two lengths
2)It was cancelled because they couldn't find small enough jockeys..

No.must stop.. really.
I thought they worshipped cats because they believed they would be re-incarnated into them.
Could the images possibly be representative of bearing gifts for a dead relative or royal for example?

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 07:51 AM
link   
HI guys
if there were a race of cat people from another world that visited Egypt thousands of years ago "i have a logical theory" well have you ever traveled for a long time and needed a loo? well think on this Egypt = sand / cats+sand=loo come on, why did no body spot that

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join