It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happened to the Egyptian Cat race?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Look at this picture.

www.crystalinks.com...

If you have studied the Egyptian culture you know that they had Cat gods and such other love for Cats. Aside from the present Cats, do you guys think that the Egyptians had actually met this Cat people or was it just a mythological creature and they just made it all up? I for one believe that these Cat people came from another planet, perhaps Mars or Venus. what do you guys think? and what stories would the Cats have to say if they ever came back and how would you treat them if they came back?
Discuss.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 03:42 AM
link   
They were tasty, tasted like chicken. Gave me special powers too. Led me to some tombs with great wealth.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by jpm1602
They were tasty, tasted like chicken. Gave me special powers too. Led me to some tombs with great wealth.

www.flickr.com...

Look at this picture. This Egyptian is giving a gift to a Cat woman. Why would they go thru all this trouble of making a stone wall if it's all symbolic? you know what I mean? it's almost as if these Cat people helped the Egyptians build the Pyramids or give them some information because the Egyptians are really, really thankful to them. Question is, what happed to them? did they become extinct or other?

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Egyptians used many different animals to protray their various gods, sometimes they used the whole animal and sometimes they used an animals head with a human body depending on the context of the scene they were expressing.

I do not think the cats came from another planet because they were just one of many animal representations e.g:
Ra (falcon)
Hathor (cow)
Anubis (jackel)
Sekhmet (Lion)
Horus (hawk)

[edit on 5-12-2007 by lemox]

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Agreed. Egyptian used numerous forms of animal entities to capture there essence. It does freak me out however.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 04:26 AM
link   
No that picture is of the pharoah (red crown) giving gift/tribute to Sekhmet the lion goddess, you can tell its her because of the sundisk on her head with the cobra crown. That is a very popular scene throughout Egyptian history. In this case Sekhmet was a angry goddess full of blood-lust and the pharoah had to appease her or she would destroy humanity in her rage.

[edit on 5-12-2007 by lemox]

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Cat, lion godess or whatever else. they are ALL part of the Cat people right?

Saying that, wouldn't it be cool to actually have them interacting with these cat people? Yes I know that the egyptians used animal masks and things, but they actually have artwork where they are seen talking and interacting with these cats..not saying they are people wearing masks, that's another part of their culture.

they have tons of cat statues and mummy's and such thrones for these cats.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by jedimiller

Why would Michael Angelo spend years painting the Sixteenth Chapel?
Being able to spend other peoples workforce on something symbolical like this is a sign of power and was used at as a way of subdueing people, ie. saying "look at me... look what I have created. The Gods favor me... now worship them through me!"

I don't see how you can use artwork like this as a proof of animal people, it might as well be interpretations, misunderstandings or exagerations for the purpose of control or submission.
But it's the same ol same ol isn't it? Some people believe what the bible says is true, and other scriptures tells about a time where dragons lived to guide and protect people.
But we still have no evidence, it's all just beautiful lore.

It becomes an idolisation of something that gives us hope and thereby faith. Too bad that it, in most cases, is based on wrong intentions from those posing as being able to deliver us from evil...

Nothing can, evil is just part of the balance of life.

(wow... got a little off topic there in the end
)

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Thoughts run wild...

One thought comes to mind though, with all the digs and discoveries in Egypt... why has no evidence of 'animal people' ever been found?

If your belief is that they existed, then why would no remains or bone fragments ever be found.

People draw all the time, doesn't mean they exist.

What I would like to know is how all the gods of that era came to be. There must have been some significant occurance for all the different gods to be 'created'.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by jedimiller
Why would they go thru all this trouble of making a stone wall if it's all symbolic? you know what I mean?

I don't know, but perhaps you could tell me why so many people have gone to so much trouble in the las couple of millenia to paint pictures and carve statues of some poor bloke nailed to a piece of wood...

it's almost as if these Cat people helped the Egyptians build the Pyramids or give them some information because the Egyptians are really, really thankful to them.

Right on. It's like with all the statues and pictures of that woman with the blue dress and black hair. It's almost as if she gave people all over teh world some kind of gift, because in South America the people seem really, really thankful...

Question is, what happed to them? did they become extinct or other?

That's what I'm wondering. What happened to all those men who clearly got their carpentry so wrong. Everywhere you go it seems there are buildings with statues of impaled carpenters...

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 05:35 AM
link   
How about a simple explanation like, they left? We don't need to see remains. Do you see remains of the Greys? the reptilians? no. So the Cats could have gotten on their ship and left. Maybe they already got what they needed and left?

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by HowlrunnerIV
I don't know, but perhaps you could tell me why so many people have gone to so much trouble in the las couple of millenia to paint pictures and carve statues of some poor bloke nailed to a piece of wood...

Why? because that old poor bloke was a guy that got sentenced to death and put up on a cross to bleed to death. crucifictions were a real deal, nothing made up about that. There's 100% evidence out there that the romans used to sentence people that way. and it's the worst way to die so it's interesting for a painting. and all those paintings you see are at least 80% accurate of the ways things used to be.

Also, the virgin mary, was a real woman..she was the mother of jesus, even if you don't believe in god. it was part of history..and there's nothing religious about that.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 05:56 AM
link   

No remains of Greys or Reptillians, Ergo.... their not here.

Not that I don't believe in ET's, I just don't believe they are flourishing in our world. Occasional covert visits, where no-one's the wiser.. quite possible. But I don't believe they ever conversed with the general population in any means.

Have they unearthed any drawings/pictures of 'cat people/creatures' offering technology or otherwise to the masses?

Would the everyday cat have evolved somewhat back to it originally was, if this is in fact how cats came to be?

Or are they secretly waiting for some sign where they will again rise up to power and take over the world.

Your depicting them as a supposed 'superior' race, that would have to be much farther advanced than humans, then and now.

I think the fact that some people have cats as pets, would lessen the possibilty of them ever being the superior beings.

****Dogs rule******

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grailkeeper

****Dogs rule******

they certainly do not. What do you make of the great Sphinx? there next to the pyramids. it's basically a giant cat. Why would the egyptians go thru all the trouble of building a giant cat?

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Again... you are making the assumption that they were actually here, that beings like that actually lived or lives. But your grounds for such belief is unfounded... that's why there is no simple explanation to why "they left". They simply weren't here...

Before you can ask the question why they left you need at last a tiny amount of evidence that these beings were here.

And yes, crucifixtions were real, I won't deny that. But again the idea of making the character of Jesus into an authentic "has been" person is unfounded.
It just goes to show that if you can make enough people agree on something then that something is actually true...

It's like asking why Donald Duck left us? Although fortunately not too many people idolize Donald

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 06:11 AM
link   
I believe the carvings of animal looking people from egypt has a symbolic value.

Like for instance a cat could represent grace, smoothnes, fastness etc.
And a lion could be strenght, power, king/queen etc.
And so on.

As they didn't use writings in the form of letters as we know today, but also used symbolic symbols, i believe the animal faces are symbolic to.

some people believe that the entiry hieroglyps system is wrongly translated, the way you can learn to read them today, but i wouldnt know.

and examble would be David Hamel, who believed the egyptians wrote about antigravity and spaceships, he also claimed to have been visited by ET's
David Hamel

I am keeping an open mind about the egyptian writings thats for sure

[edit on 5-12-2007 by Bluess]

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by flice
Again... you are making the assumption that they were actually here, that beings like that actually lived or lives. But your grounds for such belief is unfounded... that's why there is no simple explanation to why "they left". They simply weren't here...

What?! Are you saying that fiction isnt true??? NOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooo... I refuse to believe it. Going by Wing Commander (which holds alot more worth than just some rock carvings. Its games, movies *and* animated series I believe), its nothing to worry about really. We will meet the Kilrathi (bipedal felines) in the 27th century.

I'm not quite sure giving gifts to beautiful cat ladies will happen however. More like ugly catmen ripping out your entrails. Maybe its a custom.

Oh and flice: Donald Duck will never leave us!!!

[edit on 5-12-2007 by merka]

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Funny to see that in that list there were 6 primates and none of them is the Uakari.

This is some really weird creature! Looks like he comes straight from hell.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Did you see that 80's movie "Cat People"? it was really good.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I really had never heard of "cat people" before now. I knew that the ancient Egyptians venerated cats, but I always thought they were of the impression that cats were imbued by a divine essence...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join