It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Great Pyramid could have been a Plutonium Mill

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I have taken a neutron physics class while in college. It included basics of calculating parameters necessary for the design and running of a nuclear reactor. I've also taken a class in radiation protection. I've seen a core of an active water-cooled reactor from a close range. I performed lab work related to neutron-induced radioactivity and neutron detection. Based on my experience, which is admittedly somewhat limited compared to these of the pros who actually run reactors, my conclusion that the OP is a pure conjecture and not plausible.

The are many trappings that need to be in place for a Boiling Water Reactor to work, and that includes control rods and associated mechanisms. There is no evidence of any of that present in the pyramids (same applies to all other components of the alleged reactor).

en.wikipedia.org...

A typical BWR is still pressurized to keep enough water in liquid form inside the reactor so there is enough neutron moderation. This is not optional -- w/o that extra pressure, water will be evaporating so quickly that the nuclear reaction would proceed at a very slow rate. The design in the OP link has atmospheric pressure and thus unfeasible. I also suspect there lifting the water to the level pictured in the link would be impossible without some kind of external structures and pumps, and that does not seem to be the case.

The refinement of plutonium from spent fuel is described in the OP link as something completely trivial, which it is not. Plutonium is toxic, dangerous and the chemistry is quite involved. If space aliens were there, they had enough expertise to not try this suicidal artisanal production of plutonium.

Sorry guys, but there are things that are impossible to do in your kitchen, no matter how hard you tried.

I left out the point of Uranium enrichment for the initial fuel rods, this is another hurdle that has aboslutely no evidence of ever being overcome in Egypt.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

All your personal knowledge is based on todays technology. There may have been all kinds of machines and such inside that wasnt part of the stone pyramid that have long been removed. And I dont think pumping water is that big of a challenge. In other words we cant be sure what the pyramid builders were doing.

The more ive looked into to this the more I believe the great pyramid was the first nuclear power plant. Not only were they making power they may have been producing bombs as well, once again that might explain the melted sand.
Im not sure you can prove the great pyramid wasnt a nuclear facility.

Internal structure of second pyramid were they may have fabricated the plutonium.

-The Upper Entrance and Upper Descending Passage would allow for lowering the plutonium wagon into the Second Pyramid.
-The level corridor gives good distance to the Burial Chamber.
-The massive granite sarcophagus provides a stable, long lasting chamber for melting and casting plutonium. Limestone blocks would disintegrate, giving off carbon dioxide and leaving calcium oxide dust, under such high, radiant temperature.
-The cooled plutonium moldings would be brought by heavy wagon, out of the Burial Chamber, along the level corridor, down to the lower corridor, and then into the Subsidiary Chamber.
-The machining and tack welding of plutonium parts would have been done in the Subsidiary Chamber in a stretched out, assembly line fashion.
-The parts would have been loaded in a heavy wagon and taken out via the Upper Descending Passage and out the Upper Entrance.
-Workers would have entered and exited the pyramid by the Lower Entrance and Lower Descending Passage. This route would have been kept radiation free.
-The offset area close to the Subsidiary Chamber would be the logical position for protective suits and for decontamination.

It is as if someone arrived in Egypt already possessing all the knowledge required to design, build and operate the pyramids but lacking many materials such as metals. We have the peculiar combination of Stone Age plus nuclear age. This makes the idea of beings coming from another planet more consistent with this paper’s premise.

[edit on 5-12-2007 by earth2]

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by earth2

On the diagram you posted, it shows the Kings chamber. I suppose it could have been used for something else, but what do you think the sarcophagus was for? How does it fit into your theory?

Thanks

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Enthralled Fan

Thats what held the radioactive material.

Granite can withstand more heat than the limestone blocks, thats why there was probably a lot of granite in the chambers.

You know if you stand back and look at the pyramids in a different way they seem like they could have a industrial look to them. Everything is to the point with no decorations.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 11:12 PM
link   

The King’s Chamber, j, would have contained uranium oxide plus other components within the granite sarcophagus. The nuclear breeding was activated by passing water down the southern “air” shaft, g, and heat was removed by expelling steam through the northern “air” shaft,

g, and by letting hot water pass around the granite blocks in the Antechamber,

i. The water then flowed down the Great Gallery,

h, down through the Service Corridor,

d, and then down the Descending Corridor,

b, to the Bottomless Pit below the Underground Chamber,

c. Besides heat, the water also carried away “waste” radioactive isotopes down into the sand layer beneath the “Bottomless” Pit. Because a complete, intricate stone foundation consistent for a hydroelectric water turbine currently exists in the Underground Chamber...... This electrical system would have provided lighting and power for equipment in the Queen’s Room. The water would have then flowed down the “Bottomless” Pit into a highly permeable sand layer in the substrata.
The Queen’s Room would have housed the equipment for the chemical extraction and purification of plutonium metal from reacted uranium oxide. The final product would have been very small “buttons” of metallic plutonium/uranium.

I have no nuclear experiance but this sure makes since to me.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by earth2

Very interesting stuff here! I'll have to look into it more. Your hunch does somehow just "feel" right. Especially the "industrial" appearance. Tombs are ususally lavish and decorated. I've never believed they were originally tombs, though they may have been used as such later. I also believe the pyramids are older than we are told.

I'm sorry if you already posted an answer on this question, but what do you think the unfinished "basement" chamber was for. I've always thought of it as some sort of waste collection chamber since it was never properly finished. They went to all this trouble to build the most magnificent tomb ever ever and didn't finish the basement?

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by gwhint
reply to post by earth2

...were never really researched for writings because there was never really true entrances to be found, plus they are on military sites as well, so no one is allowed there like in Dashur.

This sounds a bit conspiratorial on its own. What are they hiding? No entrances ever found? All this modern thechnology and there are enormous buildings standing there that no one knows what is inside? Someone knows. Untold riches, the secrets of the universe, and they're just waiting to get to it someday? Something not right there.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

What I gather from the theory the bottomless pit was an entrance for the contaminated water to permiate through the sandy floor of the land the pyramid sat on.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by earth2

Most excellent explanation. This seems like a very plauseable theory. I look forward to learning more. I've been fascinated by the pyramids since I was a kid.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Scalamander
Are you saying that the people who built the pyramids went on to build structures in Greece and finally South America? Aside from the fact that that timeline is all kinds of wacked, how were these people shuttling all around the world so easily? If you tell me that the pyramids were a bunch of rocks and then tell me the builders somehow managed to go to Greece and then BACK IN TIME to build the ancient cities the Mayans just lived in, rather then built, then I am sorry to say but, you are nuts.

Seeing as how the feat of building the pyramids has yet to be replicated by any modern civilization, not to mention the building of massive cities on top of mountains like in South America, I will still consider them slightly more meaningful then a pile of old rocks.

Only if the timeline is as dictated by the established view of history!

There are many instances where this established timeline is contradicted by evidence but the established archeologists can't or or daren't admit to the mistakes. Stick with the established view and you get paid. Argue that it's wrong and you get a P45.

Here's a classic assumption: the age of stone artifacts cannot be assessed except by relation to other carbon dateable artifacts. Hence building X is Y years old because there is evidence of use (a fire) that can be dated Y (this is how they aged Stonehenge). Hmmm anybody note the bleeding obvious flaw in that!

As far as the pyramids are concerned have you ever seen the method of construction on both sides of the atlantic? The matching corner stones, the metal links (identical in shape) pinning stones together? Coiincidence my arse!

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 03:35 AM
link   

...as I said before in other threads they are just a big pile of rocks dedicated to their God Pharoahs. Have you ever been inside the great pyramid or for that matter any of the pyramids, I have so many times that now I know they are just a big pile of rocks,

Wait a sec, is that all you learned while you were there...just a big pile of rocks!?!? Are you kidding!?

How can you have visited this site multiple times, an ancient wonder of this world, having stood at the base of these truly humbling, immense, amazing structures, and call them just a big pile of rocks? and get a star for it! Really?

I'd give anything to visit them just once. and the fact that you call them a pile of rocks, not once but multiple times, is very disheartening.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 03:45 AM
link   
I'm sure that there is a lot more to the planets history that we don't know about. It probably goes back way further than we know.

Is it possible that the pyramids were there before the egyptians and that they just used them as tombs because they were empty and most likely considered sacred as they had know idea why they were there.. maybe built by 'the gods'?

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 05:30 AM
link   
I agree they are more than just rocks. I read in a book how someone stood at the top of the pyramid and felt great energy at the apex of it. Also i have read how some of the depictions in some of the other pyramids have shown images of the classic "grey", and to this point they no longer allow visitors to those certain areas.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by PhotonEffect

Just in case you don't get a reply. I asked the same question and was given an answer on page 1. I think you may have passed it over.

[edit on 6-12-2007 by Enthralled Fan]

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by earth2

Well the glass sheet has said to be naturally caused by lightning.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Earth2,
We should send an Egyptian member of ATS to the pyramids if there are any,equipped with a Geiger counter-because if plutonium was enriched in there ,there should still be residual radiation i would think.
Remember that granite is slightly radioactive as well though,so they would have to take that into account.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by PhotonEffect

...as I said before in other threads they are just a big pile of rocks dedicated to their God Pharoahs. Have you ever been inside the great pyramid or for that matter any of the pyramids, I have so many times that now I know they are just a big pile of rocks,

Wait a sec, is that all you learned while you were there...just a big pile of rocks!?!? Are you kidding!?

How can you have visited this site multiple times, an ancient wonder of this world, having stood at the base of these truly humbling, immense, amazing structures, and call them just a big pile of rocks? and get a star for it! Really?

Really. I've been there and saw these big piles of rocks. I also visited a couple of tombs in the Valley of the Kings. I climbed under the cover of a sarcophagus which was installed on logs and laid down trying to imagine what would it be like to be a mummy. It's pretty interesting stuff, but I wouldn't call it an earth shattering experience.

I'd give anything to visit them just once.

Please don't. I'm not saying you will be dissapointed, but it's not really that big a deal. For a more exciting experience, I recommend visiting Angkor Wat before the hordes of tourists grind it fine dust.

and the fact that you call them a pile of rocks, not once but multiple times, is very disheartening.

Let me repeat, these are giant piles of rocks. Piles of rocks. Piles of rocks.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by earth2
You know if you stand back and look at the pyramids in a different way

Like how?

they seem like they could have a industrial look to them. Everything is to the point with no decorations.

No decorations? The pyramids were covered in a decorative layer of polished white stone and tipped with a massive layer of gold on top. That's decorative elegance for you.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

Thanks buddhasystem for your response and I guess I should have chosen my words a little differently rather than a big pile of rocks, it seems to have pissed off a few members. But as you well know to visit these sites over and over it does get mundane so like you said there are so many more wonderous places to go in the world and I agree with you.
For anyone that hasn't dug deeply into the pyramids I think this site just about tell it all, but to the experts sorry for busting your bubble.

en.wikipedia.org...

Hey buddhasystem did you get the chance to visit the abandoned gold caves near Marsa Alam or go fishing on the Red Sea, these are amazing places to visit and in my opinion the best part of Egypt is the Red Sea and you really get the meaning out of the word Aqua blue, the water is mezmerizing to say the least, Keep searching for the truth and you will find it, gwhint
ps: did you ever go to Greece, wow, what adventures are there as well

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Enthralled Fan

Thanks for the heads up. I scanned the 1st page quickly before I replied but must have missed it, sorry about that.

Cheers.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join