It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Didn't Spark a Middle East Nuclear Arms Race, It's Joining the One Israel Started

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Iran Didn't Spark a Middle East Nuclear Arms Race, It's Joining the One Israel Started

www.alternet.org

When will the US and the UK tell the truth about Israel's nuclear weapons?

George Bush and UK Prime Minister Gordon Brown are right: there should be no nuclear weapons in the Middle East. The risk of a nuclear conflagration could be greater there than anywhere else. Any nation developing them should expect a firm diplomatic response. So when will they impose sanctions on Israel?

Officially, the Israeli government maintains a position of "nuclear ambiguity": neither confirming nor denying its possession of nuclear weapons. But everyone who has studied the issue knows that this is a formula with a simple purpose: to give the United States an excuse to keep breaking its own laws, which forbid it to grant aid to a country with unauthorised weapons of mass destruction.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Very good point.. We are all bombarded by certain details, that other issues are forgotten about or overlooked.

this oversight is in no doubt welcomed by those who aim to control a situation.

As the information of Israel owning nukes accidentaly came to light, surely some form of action should take place... or is there a large amount of 'under the table' handshakes going on?

www.alternet.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Its as well Israel has nukes, or one of nations around them, whether run by Islamists or dictators would have wiped them off the map.

It is like saying because the UK has nukes every tin pot regime should have one, give one to Zimbabwe ffs

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 05:32 AM
link   
we shouldn't forget how they got on the map in the 1st place, and IMHO, i dont think thats an accurate analogy blueorder.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 05:41 AM
link   
How would you feel if, during the time of your creation, majority of the Arab countries around you wanted you destroyed?

You'd race to get a nuclear weapon asap.

(Remember, after the creation of Israel, the Arab's united to invade.)

For once, look at the other side before jumping on the stereotypical anti-Israeli view point.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

If your post was aimed at my comments, then my intention was not to be, or make, anyone anti-Israeli.
My point was just to show how some facts are easily hidden or forgotten.

I try to give a balanced opinion in the best way I can and I hope I did not cause you or any others any offence. My 'hopefully balanced opinion' is basically designed to get others, such as yourself to ask questions or debate on such issues.

Thank you for raising the issue with the Arabs wanting to invade. I'm sure that will feed this thread as others contribute to it and we might all be able to join up the dots, make the links and discover the truth behind this little nuclear weapon problem in this part of the world (and the rest of the world too, with a bit of luck).

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Extralien
If your post was aimed at my comments, then my intention was not to be, or make, anyone anti-Israeli.
My point was just to show how some facts are easily hidden or forgotten.

It wasn't, that crowd hasn't arrived into this thread. Yet.

I was pointing out that some on ATS do not see subjects from the otherside, or wish not to for some reasons. If your country was surrounded by nations wanting you destroyed, then you'd hope the leaders will construct a nuclear warhead to protect you and the country you love.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 06:19 AM
link   
I understand your point.

We used to build walls for the same reason.

It's all very well for one country to have them, but it's not good that that same country refuses others the right to have them too.

If your neighbour builds a wall, then it's obvious you're going to do the same.
Quite rightly too.

But on the whole, surely the world must find the time to not need these walls any more. Unfortunately it's all good for business and wars are great at keeping the population down.

I grew up with the threat of a nuclear war during the 1970's and into the 1980's so any war involving nukes wont be too much of a surprise for me.

In my opinion, nobody should have nukes as they are weapons of mass destruction. We must find ways to overcome our differences rather than blow each other up into a no-win situation.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
If your country was surrounded by nations wanting you destroyed, then you'd hope the leaders will construct a nuclear warhead to protect you and the country you love.

they dont have to be surrounding you, just intent. Surely this the same argument Iran use for their nuclear plans with respect to Isreal & the US?

just trying to see all sides

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Randomdam
they dont have to be surrounding you, just intent. Surely this the same argument Iran use for their nuclear plans with respect to Isreal & the US?

We have to remember, the Iranian religious leaders issued a fatwa against nuclear weapons. The President has decided otherwise and wishes to wipe a UN member off the map...in other words, they cannot be trusted with a nuclear device.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Sadly I do remember, and you may well be right. Also there are already too many I don't trust, who have these weapons. The fact we're all still here is no proof they can be trusted with them.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 07:42 AM
link   
So lets get this right its ok for the Axis of evil to have nukes that is the US/UK/Israel and threaten to use them, and lets not forget the US has so on that basis alone there is more chance or the aforementioned using them than Iran who do not even have them.

And even if they did they would be used for defence purposes only so they still would not pose a threat to anyone.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by magicmushroom
So lets get this right its ok for the Axis of evil to have nukes that is the US/UK/Israel and threaten to use them,

Please tell me when the United States of America, United Kingdom and Israel threaten to use their nuclear arsenal? Last time Britain did was during the Falklands war, but the French talked Thatcher down.

And it's news to me that my country is part of the axis of evil? I don't recall us doing anything evil since the empire or, ah wait, are you an apologist to fundamentalists?

Do you even know what the axis of evil is or have you been reading into far left groups who go against their left wing principles in order to "hug up" to extremists?

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 08:24 AM
link   
We threatened to use them against the russians in the balkans and both the US/Israel are talking about using nukes on Iran, to Quote Buffoon Bush all the options are on the table.

Iran has no nukes and has every right to develope any weapons for its own defence just like any other nation on this planet enjoys same. Iran has not invaded any ones countries have they the axis of evil have.

Its great is it not when we bomb, kill, loot and occupy other peoples countries then get pissed when some one wants to stand up to us.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 08:28 AM
link   

We have to remember, the Iranian religious leaders issued a fatwa against nuclear weapons. The President has decided otherwise and wishes to wipe a UN member off the map...in other words, they cannot be trusted with a nuclear device.

And agan you falsely push the LIE and attempt to forward your own agenda

he NEVER said he wanted to WIPE ANYONE off the map

i have allready PROVED you wrong today about this.

quit the crap you are pushing.

how much are you being paid to continue this lie - DENY IGNORANCE is the moto of this website - take it to heart.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by magicmushroom
We threatened to use them against the russians in the balkans .

really? prove it.

Quote Buffoon Bush all the options are on the table

Does that really mean a nuclear strike? sadly, not.

Iran has not invaded any ones countries have they the axis of evil have.

Ever heard of the Persian Empire? Iran-Iraq war?

And you've failed to explain why Britain, America and Israel are in the axis of Evil? all three nations are more democratic than the Iranian republic.

Your clutching straws here....

[edit on 1-12-2007 by infinite]

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Ever heard of the Persian Empire? Iran-Iraq war?

Persian Empire is ancient history. Iran-Iraq War started when Iraq invaded.

Your clutching straws here....

Fascinating, considering what you just posted

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beachcoma
Persian Empire is ancient history.

Still, don't make claims that Iran has never been involved in invading another nation then.

Fascinating, considering what you just posted

How am I clutching straws? I've always tried to give a balance view towards Israel on this site, especially focusing on the normal Israeli's who most people on ATS think are Zionists.

And Harlequin, you like trying to get my attention. Let me put it this way, you ain't even worth the energy to reply to or even get my attention

(Sorry to make you cry, but I don't have an agenda, I give, as I said, a balance view towards the Israeli's who you think are evil little terrorists.)

And seeings I've contributed to ATS, like bringing George Galloway here and the July 7th Truth Team, I don't like being accused of being paid to post lies.

Unlike you Harlequin I have respect for what Beachcoma posts.

You can go back on my ignore list now *click*

[edit on 1-12-2007 by infinite]

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 08:50 AM
link   
My apologies to Extralien, the author of this thread for posting the previous heated reply, but certain people need to be put in their place.

Especially when they follow you around in each thread you post in and try so hard to get your attention.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Infinite, you are sounding a bit hypocritical America is just posturing and thats ok but if Iran speaks out then they are a threat, how so.

With regard to the UK/Russia it was said in Parliament that if Russia attacked British forces then it would be met with a devastating respnse, the intent was made clearly.

And pray why refer to the Persian empire whats that got to do with anything. Again the Iran/Iraq war is irelevant to this topic, Iran is merely responding to what it see's as a threat to its security. What ever weapons Iran developed it still would be no threat to either the US or Isreal to say it would is just plain ignorant.

Axis of evil, 3 nations that frequently use there power to control, coerce to invade other nations, perhaps you could name 3 others that do same and that work together.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join