It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Triangle UFO *60 miles north of Bakersfield, CA*

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel
So has anyone really figured out where the sighting took place?

We have 60 miles north of Bakersfield.
We have a map prepared and posted with it south of Lemoore.
A post stating 40 miles NW of Lemoore. That's 118 miles from of Bakersfield. (Bakersfield to Lemoore = 78 mi.)

[edit on 11/28/2007 by roadgravel]

You're right: i made some maps in according with the informations gathered step by step:
IMHO, blondie or blackburn, could be so kind to:
go to google maps maps.google.com...
center the map in the area in question after zooming on it
copy the "link to this page" link
make a tiny url from here /create.php
post it here.

[edit on 28/11/2007 by internos]

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by internos

It sounds like the sighting would be along 5 to the south of where ever the Chevron gas station is located. Now, if we knew the location of that station we could pin point it better.

Edit: I don't see where it was mentioned the sighting was to the east or west of the road. Anyone know?

[edit on 11/28/2007 by roadgravel]

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 10:20 AM
link   
they were in fresno county for sure, 911 transfered them to fresno county sherrifs dept. ,north of ca 198 she said they got off on manning av., in fresno county.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 11:48 AM
link   
The chevron is at little panoche rd and I-5, I know it well.
Looking to the west of there this is what you see, this pic was taken about 1/2 mile west of the chevron, looking through the pass in the mtns. The mtns to the north and south are about 4-5000' tall.

The freeway is a couple hundred above the valley floor alnog that stretch of road. I some pics of the area I'll gte up.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Some GPS coordinates would be much appreciated as soon as the exact sighting location is firmly established.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I would appear the sighting started some where near Lemoore NAS and progressed north. By that I mean the general area as it doesn't seem clear as to which direction they were looking.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 01:11 PM
link   
thats about what ive been able to determine, started some where around ca 198/ avenal cutoff road, then up to where they pulled off at manning, then another 15-20 miles up the rd to little panoche rd(the only chevron for 40 somthing milesin either direction). The airbase is still 25 miles from the highway. You cant see any activity from the base at that distance. They had to be looking east/north east mostly because the the passenger(Auburn) was filming out of the window, while blondie drove.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 04:08 PM
link   
The exact location that we exited was exit # 309 where we got gas at the Chevron. The first sighting was about 20 miles south of that. We saw it on the East side of the road it never crossed over to the other side. We were traveling up the 5 north.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 08:25 PM
link   
How close is my Google Earth view at 36* 37'43.52'' 120* 36'41.24'' ?

Will Rogers said that when all the Okies moved to California, it raised the I.Q. of both places, but I'm not so sure after trying to find the sighting location on Goggle Earth.

Thanks.

[edit on 11/28/2007 by TheAvenger]

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAvenger

TheAvenger, i hope it's correct ...

36°37'43.52N 120°36'41.24W

Link to google maps
Link to satellite view

[edit on 28/11/2007 by internos]

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAvenger
Will Rogers said that when all the Okies moved to California, it raised the I.Q. of both places, but I'm not so sure after trying to find the sighting location on Goggle Earth.

He was probably talking about my father, who moved from Lawton to Hollywood in 1941 and had some screening photos done while he worked at a gas station. The studio asked him back, but he got another letter from Roosevelt. Greetings: He was drafted.

Sorry for the off-topic. It just rang a bell is all.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by internos

TheAvenger, i hope it's correct ...

36°37'43.52N 120°36'41.24W

Link to google maps
Link to satellite view

Works fine thanks. I needed some help with the GPS coor. since my keyboard has no "degrees" symbol.

schuyler: Nothing wrong with adding a little local color. Cool story.

[edit on 11/28/2007 by TheAvenger]

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 10:33 PM
link   

thats the area

the chevvron is at W. Panoche and I-5.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Whats up with the Italian google?
Thats a lot of almonds in that sat image, some cotton two.

There is something a llittle unique on W panoche rd, that whole side of the valley is large oil/gas area. There are some natural gas wells just east of the freeway, that small ultra-efficient ultra clean burning gas turbine generators have been placed right at the well head. No need for pipelines or for storage tanks.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 01:29 AM
link   
I think there has been a big misundertanding of the location of our sighting. This is probably our bad since we grossly miscalculated our location at one point thinking we were near Firebaugh and Penoche. That is too far north. I thought we cleard this up a few pages back, but here goes...

After the craft flew over us the SECOND time is when we got gas at the Chevron right there. This exit we pulled off...where I purchased gas with a credit card, after the craft flew over us, was exit #309. That's way south of 33, Manning, Penoche. I believe about 60 miles north of Bakersfield (our original estimate as posted on you tube)

Exit 309 is where the 5 and the 41 cross paths. Here:

en.wikipedia.org...

Hope its clear now. This would mean the first time we saw it was about 20 miles south of exit 309.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 01:34 AM
link   
You girls keep repeating that it "flew over you" but a few posts back Blondie said that it was always to the East of you and never crossed over the road? Maybe I just misunderstood something...

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 01:45 AM
link   
When I made my last post this was page 22, now it is page 21... what happened?

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by BLACKburn

You were at the Kettleman chevron.
right on, thats even better, cause theres less down that way. no airbases or the like.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by BLACKburn

Exit 309 is where the 5 and the 41 cross paths. Here:

en.wikipedia.org...

Hope its clear now. This would mean the first time we saw it was about 20 miles south of exit 309.

- Map view

- Satellite view

[edit on 29/11/2007 by internos]

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by BLACKburn

Thank you for clarifying the exact position for us. We appeciate your continuing efforts to help us study this event.

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join