It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Triangle UFO *60 miles north of Bakersfield, CA*

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 08:14 PM
link   
On a scale of 1 to 10 I would give this video an 8.

Why? The girls are not acting. They are definitely witnessing something. The triangle formation that they describe is visible at times by the lights. The lights continue at times and appear to be turned away from them. They describe it changing shape. A better video would have been nice but you use what you have. A jet or plane (if thats what it was) would have made noise, you do not here this at all in either video. You clearly hear the passing cars.

They state that this object is right over their heads. The other girl calls someone to tell them what they are filming. (As someone else said: The girl stating that they are trying to get abducted is quite funny.) They continue driving down the road trying to keep up with this object. They are clearly on a highway. Why not fake this on a less used road if thats what they were doing.

If it were a plane (terrestrial) It would be required to have lights on at night at all times by the FAA. This object had no lights at times, at least not visible in the video. The lights were white when visible, IMHO if they were red and green we would have seen this easily in the video at all times.

I live in the direct path of a flight pattern of UPS planes that travel from Chicago to Louisville (major UPS hub). They are 30-40 minutes apart from 11PM to about 4AM They have their landing lights on at this point and look like a giant spotlight coming at you (kinda cool) it is only when they are very near can you see the red and green lights flashing. I estimate that they are only about 4-5000 feet above ground at this time. These girls describe this object as only about 1500 feet above them. If it were a plane it would be lit like a Christmas tree at this altitude.

They also describe it as 4-5 football fields wide, if it were a US Govt blimp and secretive it would have been seen many more times. Why test something so secret over US ground where people could easily film it. Why not an island where a US airbase is located and no one else around.

Many times the detractors on here ask for more video. The original film maker gave you much more, including them talking about it. At no time throughout the videos does any of their language or discussion about the object make me think it is any way fake. I have seen maybe 4 or 5 videos that I can't explain and believe to be legitimate out of 100's this is one of them.

To me this is eerily similar to the Phoenix lights in 1997 when a famous movie director was being awarded his 33rd degree Free Mason status.

Cheers.

[edit on 3-12-2007 by aceace]

[edit on 3-12-2007 by aceace]

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I sent an E mail request for the uncompressed vid to vimanaboy But haven't got a response yet.

Can one of you provide me the link via E mail?

[email protected]

Thanks

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Unfortunately the tape graciously sent to me from the witnesses was damaged in transit. I'll wait for Springer to ask them just to flip me a DVD (I only house Hi-8 Decks not mini DV) As soon as I get it here, I'll see what I can see.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by jritzmann
Unfortunately the tape graciously sent to me from the witnesses was damaged in transit. I'll wait for Springer to ask them just to flip me a DVD (I only house Hi-8 Decks not mini DV) As soon as I get it here, I'll see what I can see.

Jeff, send me an email at [email protected] and I'll send you links to uncompressed excerpts.

Alien Abduct: I pay per MB for hosting and bandwidth on the site the files are hosted at, which is why I didn't just post links to it and why I would appreciate it if anyone I give the link to respects that and doesn't share it without asking me. I just got home and saw your email. Are you offering analysis expertise?

Nablator: while I have not been able to bring anything but the lights out either, I have not definitively seen stars between them where a body would be. That would be pretty hard to show conclusively, I would think.

General thoughts addressed to no one in particular:

Unless we can definitively show stars where they should be blocked out, simply not being able to bring the body out doesn't prove there is none. At that point it's down to what you choose to believe for your own reasons, and one person's opinion isn't any more valid than another's. The triangles, ET or not, are a pretty well established phenomenon IMNSHO, and I have a friend who is an investigative journalist who witnessed one in that area himself, in the 1990's. I have had my own very dramatic UFO encounter, up close and personal, so I know they are real, whether ET or not (and the implications are huge either way). Given all of the above, I choose to believe that the girls saw what they say they saw. It seems more likely to me than that they were mistaken about aircraft they have been around on numerous occasions.

If your paradigm doesn't include UFO reality as a given, then just about anything else will be more plausible, but that doesn't make it proven one way or the other.

Diana and Jeannie, I wish I could have been there! I think you saw something incredible, and I am so thankful that you had the presence of mind to videotape it and that you were able to keep the camera as steady as you could. I guarantee you that if I shot it there would be NOTHING useful about my footage

I'll keep trying to pull something out, but at this point all I have gotten are light sources.

[edit on 4-12-2007 by vimanaboy]

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by aceace

They also describe it as 4-5 football fields wide, if it were a US Govt blimp and secretive it would have been seen many more times. Why test something so secret over US ground where people could easily film it. Why not an island where a US airbase is located and no one else around.

I still think a U.S. military covert blimp is what we're dealing with here. The video below taken in Kentucky during February of this year is strikingly similar to this sighting. Please watch it below. The other three links are about military blimps. We do still need to find out whether there is substance between the lights. Hopefully, our video experts can help us satisfactorily determine that.

Even a few years ago the sightings of these type crafts were increasing. Not everyone is fortunate enough to have a video recorder or a camera readily available when they spot a UFO. Others will not admit seeing one because of the humiliation heaped upon many people who come forward with their sighting.

I think the smaller triangles spotted are most often the TR-3B or the F-117. There have been way too many reports, videos and photographs taken of these (most likely) stealth blimps to ignore. Unfortunately, they "own" the night and are seldom seen in daylight. The Phoenix Lights seem to be closely related if indeed not the same craft. These craft and perhaps other manmade secret craft probably account for most of the UFO sightings, but a small percentage still remain too bizarre for me to speculate as to their origin.

YouTube Kentucky Feb 2007 sighting

Space.com(2002)

DefenseTech(2004)

Space.com (2004)

[edit on 12/5/2007 by TheAvenger]

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Hi

Sorry the suspense is killing me on this thread, As anyone concluded anything yet in relation to the footage, or is this thread just going to fade into oblivion like so many that seem to actually cover genuine ufos?

Cheers

Paul

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hope_for_reason
Hi

Sorry the suspense is killing me on this thread, As anyone concluded anything yet in relation to the footage, or is this thread just going to fade into oblivion like so many that seem to actually cover genuine ufos?

Cheers

Paul

Springer had the OP send a DVD to Jeff Ritzman but it got damaged in shipment. I am expecting a report on the video in the next few days. I am no expert, but my examination of the footage convinces me that it is 100% genuine. Now, what it is, that's another matter.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAvenger

I agree, thanks for the link to the Kentucky sighting, that backs up what the California girls saw, appears to be same craft. I have no doubt that whatever it was is real. The real question is what is it. E.T. or military. If the military keeps all of these black ops programs in Nevada what is it doing flying over Kentucky? I could understand California due to nearby location, but not Kentucky.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by aceace The girls are not acting. They are definitely witnessing something.

I definitely agree.

The triangle formation that they describe is visible at times by the lights.

Really? I don't see anything darker or lighter than the background.

A jet or plane (if thats what it was) would have made noise, you do not here this at all in either video. You clearly hear the passing cars.
If it were a plane (terrestrial) It would be required to have lights on at night at all times by the FAA. This object had no lights at times, at least not visible in the video. The lights were white when visible, IMHO if they were red and green we would have seen this easily in the video at all times.

6 lights are visible between flashes when the camera is not moving too much. See frame 32 below, numbered as in a previous post, from right to left because of the 180° rotation after the lights pass overhead, #3 in the middle of the "V" formation is the brightest, light #4 is not in the "V" formation, it stays in front of #5. The strobes are red when filmed in color mode Most of the video is filmed in black & white "night shot" mode. On frame 51 and 74 below, #5 is bright red.

(About planes) it is only when they are very near can you see the red and green lights flashing.

Exactly. Navigation lights are less visible than anti-collision lights. In my experience dim lights + regular red strobes are typical of aircrafts very far away. They seem slow and silent because of distance and highway noise. And they could be helicopters, much slower than jets.

In the first uncompressed excerpt provided by vimanaboy, a dim light can be seen passing between light #2 and light#3 at the 39th second. It is visible in most frames, but often blurred by camera movements. Here are some of the best frames, with improved brightness and contrast.

Frame 32

Frame 42

Frame 43

Frame 51

Frame 52

Frame 56

Frame 74
If this is a star and not yet another lower flying UFO, there is no massive dark solid shape (such as a disk) around the lights. However, there could be a thin shape (like a delta wing).

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 07:32 PM
link   
UPDATE:

The tape was damaged in transit, apparently from extreme cold, it was airfreighted to JRitzmann after all.

In any case, I have asked Diana to send a DVD to JR and hopefully that will happen.

Springer...

[edit on 12-6-2007 by Springer]

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by nablator

I really don't think the lights that fly by in several (3?) places are stars. They follow a straight trajectory that tracks with the camera movements, in relation to the formation of lights. My impression is that they fly past and in front of it. This is only my impression, but I feel pretty certain that they are not stars.

I also really don't think it was a high altitude formation of helicopters. For one thing, Diana and Jeannie are skydivers who have been around aircraft a lot and have a pretty good feel for altitudes. Yes, it was night, but that still counts for something in my book. Also, they reported NO engine noise, and helicopters can be heard quite far away. Especially a fleet of them as would be the case here. Then there are the red flashing lights, which are not random, but do not seem to follow any normal pattern even for multiple craft with different sequence timings.

This craft (I do think it was a single craft), whatever it was, was very interesting no matter what its origin. I personally lean toward terrestrial, but very exotic hardware. Possibly much more exotic than a stealth blimp, possibly not.

On the other hand, Diana and Jeannie feel that it was ET, and that would not surprise me in the least either.

[edit on 7-12-2007 by vimanaboy]

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by vimanaboy

Of course my impression, like any one else's is of a single craft with uncommon lights but we should be wary of quick judgment based on impressions, optical illusions and logical fallacies.

Optical illusions:
- single craft illusion: the mind will connect the dots and see outlines where there aren't any. Shape changing is an illusion when there is no shape.
- low altitude illusion: distances can only be estimated when the object size is known. For example the moon has often been mistaken for a low flying object, following cars. As the witnesses assumed it was a huge single craft, it just had to be flying low.

Logical fallacies
- Repeating "this is a single craft", "look how big it is", "there is no sound" 100 times does not make it true.
- "No way can this be X" is not an argument. Say why.
- Feelings and impressions should be critically supported, not taken for granted.
- Appeal to authority is not a logical argument. A "pretty good feel for altitudes" is completely useless with an unknown phenomenon.

What certainties do we have?
- No background reference (clouds, hills), and unknown size make it impossible to estimate altitude.
- No evidence of any light blocking structure or shape. Whether close lights are stars or anything else (satellites, planets, birds) does not matter.
- No evidence of uncommon acceleration or speed.
- Careful analysis shows that 5 red flashing lights follow a single common pattern (see my previous post comparing it to an F-18 strobe light). Lights without strobes would be surprising, or uncommon frequency. The Kentucky video is completely different for that matter.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 04:56 AM
link   
What about the other bright objects ?

The object appears from bottom @ sec. 16 (sec. 10 countdown)

The object appears from bottom-right @ sec. 6 (sec. 5 countdown)

The object appears from the left @ sec. 4 (sec. 8 countdown)

The object appears from bottom-left @ sec. 3 (sec. 8 countdown)

I wonder if they are somehow related with the sighting...

[edit on 7/12/2007 by internos]

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Yes, I also wondered about these single Lights crossing the path several times, no one really addressed that.

Concerning this Stealth Blimp issue : I would really like to know what is kown about these. What purpose do they have in the age of Spy-Sats ? What kind of propulsion do they use ? This leads to another question could these craft be capable of accelerating from 0 too 3000 km/h or more within seconds ?
(as reported from some of the "Black Triangle" sightings). I seriously doubt that. (Again, see here Black Triangles

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ZEV93

As we have all heard of helium balloons... There are also reports that we are mining Helium 3 on the moon. What if... these balloon type crafts are traveling from the moon to an area in the US with this helium. A balloon / blimp could haul quite a bit more than an average craft. That is, if the helium is in a gaseous state and not solid. Just a thought!

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I can't imagine why this thread is not on the front page! This is so far the best case (last few days) certainly deserves more attention than 13year old kids pretending to be Aliens re-incarnate or girls making blurry movies of themselves and pretending to see UFOs!!!

I went through all the posts a while back, so I apologize if this has already been covered : RC planes? is it possible someone was flying a few of them in formation, and is it possible they do'nt make enough noise from that height to be noticeable?

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2believeor0
I can't imagine why this thread is not on the front page! This is so far the best case (last few days) certainly deserves more attention than 13year old kids pretending to be Aliens re-incarnate or girls making blurry movies of themselves and pretending to see UFOs!!!

Your guess is as good as mine. I agree with you that this case should still be receiving top billing because it has the potential to reveal some incredible information as soon as the video study is completed.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAvenger

the kentucky blimp footage you posted depicts a craft that is QUITE stationary is it not? isn't that a star next to it? it never moves away from it. i don't really feel it is similar at all to the blackburn footage. think about the amount of driving they did to keep up with it.

indeed, this thread is suspensful!! and should be on the front page!! eagerly awaiting your analysis jeff. how about an interview of the witnesses on the paracast? is this what happens to a genuine sighting, it just fades away because nobody can explain away/debunk it? soon to be overshadowed by "13year old kids pretending to be Aliens re-incarnate or girls making blurry movies of themselves and pretending to see UFOs!!! " !

perhaps a real sighting is just not entertaining enough for the short attention span masses....sigh

has anyone found interesting analysis of this event on other websites?

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by jamestkirk

the kentucky blimp footage you posted depicts a craft that is QUITE stationary is it not? isn't that a star next to it? it never moves away from it. i don't really feel it is similar at all to the Blackburn footage. think about the amount of driving they did to keep up with it.

perhaps a real sighting is just not entertaining enough for the short attention span masses....sigh

has anyone found interesting analysis of this event on other websites?

I thought the flashing lights and patterns in the Kentucky video had similarities to this case. Perhaps not. A star, I'm not sure. It was never really identified as a blimp to my knowledge, thats just speculation on my part. The Blackburn video is of much better quality, no doubt. I have not seen anything else on this sighting.

[edit on 12/7/2007 by TheAvenger]

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by nablator
reply to post by vimanaboy

Of course my impression, like any one else's is of a single craft with uncommon lights but we should be wary of quick judgment based on impressions, optical illusions and logical fallacies.

As I've said a number of times, the bottom line, unless it is conclusively shown otherwise, is that this craft will remain a mystery.

That said, I don't see why anyone should have any reason to be "wary" of having an opinion, as long as it is clearly expressed as an opinion. There's no need to weight down anyone's opinions with such language, since no one's life or career is on the line. It's just an interesting sighting, with some interesting footage.

Bottom line so far is NO ONE KNOWS exactly what it was that Diana and Jeannie filmed. They feel strongly that it was very unusual, possibly even ET. Because I myself have witnessed a very advanced craft up close and personal, along with my mother and father, it is very easy for me to believe that they saw what they think they saw.

That's only my opinion, and there's no reason I need to be wary of it, since I have no stake in being right or wrong; I won't suffer either way. And if you or anyone else concludes in a way that is convincing to me that it was anything from F16's to helicopters or a fleet of RC airplanes it won't bother me in the least. I'll be happy to have the mystery solved. I'm not interested in clinging to incorrect beliefs. But I don't have any problem stating what my beliefs are until they are shown to be incorrect, as long as I am not pretending that I actually know the answer conclusively.

My belief right now, is that Diana and Jeannie witnessed a very extraordinary craft. Maybe it was a stealth blimp, maybe it was something more exotic but terrestrial, or maybe it was not human-made.

Who knows? But I view any of those possibilities as more likely than the witnesses somehow having not heard several incredibly loud aircraft flying directly over head.

Of course, all of your points about logical fallacies, etc, are completely valid. But there is a risk too of dismissing something completely out of hand just because it can't be proven. Obviously you are not doing so, but I have seen it done time and again, as though when something remains unexplained it automagically somehow becomes "explained" as mundane by default.

As I've said, this will probably come down to belief systems, and what is most comfortable for any given person assessing this situation, absent conclusive evidence or proof.

To some of you this may make this sighting and footage UTTERLY worthless. To some of you it's probably a frustrating tease. To some of you it may be absolute proof that the aliens are here, just as you suspected. To some of us it's just another exciting mystery that fits in a world where it is likely both that the gov't has highly advanced "aircraft" AND that ETs have had some kind of presence on this planet for a long time.

What myself and my parents witnessed in 1978 was so advanced that for years I thought it was proof that ETs were here. Many years and a lot of reading later, I am not at all sure whether what we saw was from this planet or elsewhere, and I lean towards thinking that it was from here.

But if someone on this planet has had technology (since at least 1978!) that could hover directly over our heads, dead silent, and then streak off over the horizon in the blink of an eye, still silent... well, the implications are pretty staggering either way, don't you think? That kind of technology is still pretty far off in the future, supposedly.

Anyway, since I've referred to my own sighting a few times, and Nab Lator asked me if I'd posted it on ATS yet, I've just done so.

My 1978 UFO Sighting, Witnessed Also By My Parents.

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join