It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smoking Gun of Sasquatch found?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I don't know much about DNA really, but how do they know a human didn't step on the screws (or maybe a human, AND animal)? Hmmm...

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 06:24 PM
link   
1. The cabin WAS NOT intended to be a bigfoot trap. It was only investigated after the discovery of the break-in and tissue sample. I know it's been said but apparently it's not clear.

2. The DNA was found to have a difference of 1 base pair from human DNA. The chimpanzee is our closest genetic relative that is a primate and differs from our DNA by 32 base pairs.

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Parabol

When you put it that way, this animal might just a mutated or feral human.

But I'm not throwing out the possibility of the Sasquatch either. Many people have seen this elusive beast and I don't thin;k they are all crazy.

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daz3d-n-Confus3d
Yeah I want to believe so bad in Bigfoot but these shows never come through with the hard evidence. As far as the rock throwing part of the show I would rather they left that part out because it looked fake and cheesy. Even if it was real no one is going to believe it. I do give that dude props for staying out in the woods alone all that time. Ain't no way i would stay out there by myself. If nothing else the bears could eat you.

This was one of the more interesting shows on the subject though.

Hahaha. When I was reading through the comments I stopped at yours for like 30 seconds laughing at your avatar;D

This is really interesting. I want to believe it, but the fact that they left no cameras makes me doubt it.

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Cro Mag? I dunno... maybe. Evidence was discussed on Discovery how Cro magnon man undoubtedly co-existed with todays modern Homosapiens. I remember them saying that it was probably that modern man had actually killed off cro-mag in a struggle for survival - with homosapiens being smarter and more evolved it was hypothesized that cro-mag had almost no chance against modern man.

Is it possible that cro-mag survived and continues to survive in the most remote areas of the planet? I need to do some more digging, but I seem to remember them saying that with only a few exceptions, cro-mag closely resembled modern man with few DNA differences.

It's certainly getting interesting. I'm following this thread closely.

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 11:37 AM
link   
That's actually really interesting! I'm also going to check this thread a lot now, I want to know more!!!;D

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoterica
It wasn't a bigfoot trap. They set up the spike mat whenever they left the cabin to keep out animals such as bears. They sent the blood and tissue for analysis ebcasue whatever stepped on the mat proceeded to break into the cabin and trash the entire place in a non-bearlike way.

Thanks Esoterica.. I was a bit confused here until I read your post

Thats pretty interesting!! I was also thinking why no camera or anything.
But now it makes sense why no camera where used..
And what ever animal it was by passed the trap and got into the home. and was very pissed off at the time.. Or atleast in alot of pain..

Thanks for sharing the story!

I feel this is how bigfoot will be found.. Pictures really serve us no good these days.. With computer graphics, CGI, and other ways to mock up pictures..
Proof must come threw either a body, hair, or DNA

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective
Dr. Jeff Meldrum, a scientist and leading sasquatch researcher

What makes one a leading Sasquatch researcher? Has he disected one? Has he studieed one in captivity? In the wild? Has he touched one? Has he smelled one? Has he watched their mating habits? Their grooming habits?

I actually play football everyweekend and have for 15 years now, but I am not a leading football player! Yet I have come closer to football, than he has to a Sasquatch!!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Hahahha, I actually wondered the same thing. How do you become a leading sasquatch researcher?;D

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 03:23 PM
link   
LMAO

Not sure what seems to be the problem.

A leading sasquatch researcher is someone who actually furthers the data field and knowledge on the subject and is fairly widely known and respected for such accolades. Someone who actually goes out into the field and investigates, gathers samples and evidence, has that evidence analyzed, extrapolates data.

Folks like Loren Coleman and the above Jeffry Meldrum fit this profile, not somebody who's read 3 books on Bigfoot. lol. These gentlemen are fairly well known and respected for their advancement of knowledge on the subject, and would be considered leading researchers in the field.

Make sense?

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective
LMAO

A leading sasquatch researcher is someone who actually furthers the data field and knowledge on the subject and is fairly widely known and respected for such accolades. Someone who actually goes out into the field and investigates, gathers samples and evidence, has that evidence analyzed, extrapolates data.

Make sense?

I am fairly well known among the guys in my league. I go out on a field and make catches, tackles and I am pretty respected for what I do too. But would never consider myself a leading player in the game. But then again I guess thats because Football exists. Everyone has seen football. Everyone knows who the leading players are in football.

I just find it hard to be a leader in Sasquatch research, without ever disecting, or studying one in real life. I know astronomers have never been to Mars, but can be called leading researchers of Mars. Thats because you can see it with a telescope, take readings using instruments. Can you see Sasquatch with a telescope? Finding some hair and blood does not mean anything unless you can compare it to hair and blood of an actual documented Sasquatch.

The idea of their being a leader in a field of study, where what you study can not be proven to exists just perplexes me. The same goes for the term leading UFOlogist, leading Loch Ness Monster researcher.

Not trying to derail the thread, I just don;t like anyone being called the leading researcher in............ nothing.

OK, I will stop with my annyoing little diatribes and let you guys get back to talking about big foot.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 08:54 PM
link   
It seems like a planted mix of human and primate tissues for DNA. Needs to be more proof such as pictures. Interesting however.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamingawake

well, then Dr. Henry Lee planted it, because it was analyzed and determined to be only 1% different than human DNA, the difference being located where humans and chimps differentiate.

The hair sample was more impressive imho, it was determined to be unknown, but confirmed not to be human or bear, and it came to a point, not cut like a humans hair.

DNA + hair + footprint on board + photos of cabin being trashed = pretty convincing stuff

I won't be 100% convinced until at least a partial skeleton is found, but it was very compelling

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ZikhaN

Thank you for noticing. I thought it was hilarious too. It is one of those pictures you have to look at before you get the joke.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by zephyrs

the researchers did leave cameras set up, maybe they will find something !

the camper guy, understandably, didn't have the tech for that

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 09:56 PM
link   
As far as the rock throwing goes, that added credibility as far as im concerned. Some friends and I encountered a creature which we believed to be big foot last summer while on a camping trip in a remote area. The first weird thing that happened that evening was rocks the size of grapefruits falling in and around our camp. Scary stuff...

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by lurch149
As far as the rock throwing goes, that added credibility as far as im concerned. Some friends and I encountered a creature which we believed to be big foot last summer while on a camping trip in a remote area. The first weird thing that happened that evening was rocks the size of grapefruits falling in and around our camp. Scary stuff...

Damn! Really?! That would be scary if that happened to me in a remote area in the woods and then finding out later it happened to a group of people searching for Bigfoot in a very remote place also.

Thanx for sharing

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

I watched the show... what happened was the owner of the cabin (who rents it out to fishermen/hunters) had come back to check on it only to find it torn apart, he stated that he immediately thought it had been either a bear or children/teenagers, however the damage took place during months when bears were supposedly hibernating... it was then that he put out the screw trap from which the hair (which was never identified as a known animal) and tissue/dried blood from which DNA was extracted (and shown to be not bear; was primate, but not human)... from what we know the tissue sample was left outside for sometime before the researchers from MonsterQuest came to set up their cameras and do the investigation (the last night of the investigation was when the rocks got thrown at the cabin)...

Why would the owner of the cabin put out a camera if he assumed it had been a bear?? That could cost a lot, especially having to get a camera that could stand up to the weather...

Also, the cabin is so remote that you need an Aquaplane to get there...

To me the evidence is fairly conclusive, especially when combined with other circumstantial evidence, eye witness reports, the rocks, etc...

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 02:50 PM
link   
The investigators certainly didn't have the cajones that the Ghost Hunter investigators do. The Ghost Hunters see something weird and they head right for it. These guys were cowering in the cabin like punks. You go into the wilderness looking for Bigfoot, Bigfoot gets within rock-throwing distance, and you run and hide. Way to go, guys!

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Nohup

Honestly I'd be far more terrified of Bigfoot, have been since I was a kid, there's something primal and terrifying about him, however I wouldn't be too scared to chase after a ghost like Jason and Grant and co. do because most spirits can only lift about 10 pounds and the worst that they've ever encountered was the entity that pushed Frank down and the one that hit/tripped Dustin... Bigfoot, on the other hand, is strong enough to rip your head off...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join