It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pyramid Building - ever notice the deliberate mistake ?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by cantyousee
The Great Pyramid of Giza, also known as "Enoch"s Pillar" is a technological marvel far superior to anything around it.

You do realize that there is a pyramid (Khafre) right next to the Great Pyramid that's almost the size of the Great Pyramid, do you?

[edit on 7-11-2007 by merka]

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by kerkinana walsky
Egyptology places it in the fourth dynasty as you say
Archaeology places it around 2500bce, which is halfway through the fourth dynasty

only people who don't know what theyre talking about place it between 9000 and 11,500 years ago

And only people who accept the spoon-fed "knowledge" from grade-school believe as you do. But for that you have to ignore hundreds of historians from ancient rome and greece to ancient egypt. Take the greek historian Herodot for example. He assures us that the egyptians had been in office for more than 11 000 years at the time of his writing. Take the ancient arabic writer Abu`l Hassan Masudi, who assures us that the Pyramids were built "before the great flood". Take hundreds of others.

What does "modern egyptology" do with that data? They say "This is untrue because it doesnt match our data".

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 07:16 AM
link   
nope
they say that the Egyptians would be the best experts on when it was built and that was the fourth dynasty. luckily for them every single piece of scientific evidence agrees with them and their dating of that or they could be accused of being spoon fed rubbish
just like you appear to have been. You've been reading crap and believing every word. You're putting up the completely misconstrued word or Herodotus (who never said what you just claimed he did) who was also known as the father of lies and an arab historian over 200 years of scientifically collected data. you also seem unaware that this period in history is also dated by the interaction of the Egyptians with those other civilisations around them. Are you claiming that every ancient civilisation was around trading with the Egyptians in 11,000bce, thats during that last ice age.

lets be honest here, you know next to nothing about Egyptology or ancient history do you
yet you're claiming that the vast majority of posters in this thread who have actually bothered to study the subject were spoon fed it at school.

I am not even aware that the fourth dynasty of Egypt was studied at schools these days, where did you go Cairo pseudo central or something

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Howdy Skyfloating

And only people who accept the spoon-fed "knowledge" from grade-school believe as you do.

Hans: You mean fact based evidence? Is that what we fed? What would you recommend you teach instead? Hearsay or made up stuff?

But for that you have to ignore hundreds of historians from ancient rome and greece to ancient egypt. Take the greek historian Herodot for example. He assures us that the egyptians had been in office for more than 11 000 years at the time of his writing.

Hans: Hearsay evidence, he simply wrote what the Egyptians told him or perhaps what he had heard, do you have evidence to support this?

Take the ancient arabic writer Abu`l Hassan Masudi, who assures us that the Pyramids were built "before the great flood".

Hans: Again hearsay based on the assumption of religious based writers – what facts did they base this on? We are well aware there was no great flood, Abu would appear to be repeating what he had been told was true. This data is a weak appeal to authority, which is non-valid for the reasons I stated. These gentlemen were probably victims of Argumentum ad populum

Take hundreds of others.

Hans: Hundreds? You sure about that? You realize most of these sources are simply repeating what they were told to believe based on religious principles and beliefs, not scientific data.

What does "modern egyptology" do with that data? They say "This is untrue because it doesnt match our data".

Hans: Yep reality is a real kick in the head isn’t it? Go back thru what you offered as evidence – it’s all someone saying something, there is no evidence in it at all. What the Egyptologists and others who have studied the Egyptian culture have is tons and tons of data, mostly available for the public and verified or justified by other data – is some data questionable? Sure is and the Egyptologist know what data is light weight or just a reasonable quess. There is a great deal of dispute and debate within the field of Archaeology/ Egyptology However they have a broadly acceptedfact based, evidence heavy view of the Egyptian and their culture.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 07:34 AM
link   
To both of you:

I am faced with the choice of what ancients tell me (in many thousands of stories, reports, texts, mythologies) about the age of civilzation and how far civilized history goes back, and the flood. Or of what "modern scholars" tell me who are arrogant enough to discard the ancient accounts as wrong and their own wild guess as right. I will choose the first. But yes, unfortunately, most people will fall for what modern egyptlogogy, which only exists since a few hundred years, said. This is a shameful disgrace to thousands of years of record keeping on events that do not match our "modern" view.

Herodotus made compilations of what he saw and learned, yes. So what? Historians today do the same.

I dont want to derail this thread though.

I will be writing an ATS piece about the private beliefs of some of the most famous egyptologists and university people in the near future. If you wish to discuss and debunk, do so with that piece.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by kerkinana walsky
You've been reading crap and believing every word.

How would you know what Ive read? How would you know I havent read all the scholary literature on ancient egypt?

Completely baseless.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune
There is a great deal of dispute and debate within the field of Archaeology/ Egyptology

Exactly.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 09:02 AM
link   
But not in the areas you think or want, the broad structure of who, what, where, when and how are generally agreed.

I've asked that question at another forum to obtain from Egyptology what the latest hot 'bones of contention" are.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

Alright. Do tell me something that 80% of Egyptology agree on...its a matter of personal interest to me.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

because quite clearly you don't know what you're talking about. How do you explain the Radiocarbin dates obtained from the mortar of the great pyramid and the other dates obtained from organic remains taken from the Giza plateau upon which the orthodox timeline is based.

did Herodotus not mention that the great pyramid was entirely taken apart and rebuilt using new mortar around 2500bce

how do you explain the nickname of father of lies that Herodous had, think he got that by always telling the truth

how do you explain for instance that Herodouts claimed that when he visited Babylon

that the outer city wall was "fifty royal cubits wide and two hundred high" (Herodotus, Book I, para 179) - 85 and 335 feet, respectively – and particularly that its length was "a circuit of some fifty-six miles" (Herodotus, Book I, para 178)

when in fact the dimensions are that the walls are barely ten miles long and were never that high or thick. Don't believe me go check for yourself

heres a multiple choice for you
1) he lied to make his writing more impressive
2) he made an error because he can't count
3) he was correct but the city was completely dismantled at a later date in order to allow me to discredit your claims for his veracity on this forum

you seem to be blissfully unaware that as the "ancients" were exactly the same as us they were prone to exactly the same motivations that we are.
namely that they will make grandiose claims about evidence to push their own specific agenda even when the data makes them out to be completely incorrect

pretty similar to what you just did

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 09:58 AM
link   

I think they'd all happily agree that this is an accurate 4th dynasty timeline

thats to about 100% of them

[edit on 7-11-2007 by kerkinana walsky]

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by kerkinana walsky

Thanks for taking the time to compile material with the intent of education. Thanks also for pointing out reasons why Herodotus might be one historian who cant be relied on.

I look forward to your educated response to threads I open in the future.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by kerkinana walsky

May I ask where the reports are of how and when the Pyramids were built?

It would also be interesting to find out how much of the egyptian glyph translations have been published...I think its about 20%, right?

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Is is true that no one knows for sure who build the great pyramids? I know there's been a lot of speculation and best guesses, but any concrete proof?

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by tyranny22
Is is true that no one knows for sure who build the great pyramids? I know there's been a lot of speculation and best guesses, but any concrete proof?

Yes, its true. But the sheep try to make it look as if they "know it all".

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 11:07 AM
link   

I hate to derail a thread that's debating historical accuracy with speculative theories, but what I find most facinating is the whole Cydonia, Giza, Orion correlation:

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Great post. While I appreciate stuff like this a lot, expect to get some very angry responses to that

Forgive them though...its years of school hardship and indoctrination that does it to them.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Howdy Skyfloating

Why are you so convinced that everyone who disagrees with you has undergone hardship and indoctrination?

Could it be possible that they simply hold a different opinion than yours?

Is it possible that you have undergone hardship and indoctrination?

Howdy Tryanny22

The inserts you provided don't open up to a large enough size to be readable.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

Im not convinved. I use provocative statements to get advocates of contemporary views (such as you) to come forward with more conclusive information than has been offered up to now.

Ive gone through countless normal books and all they leave behind is a sense of confusion. I then pick up so called "alternative" books and things start to make sense.

Excuse the provocation...its entirely uncalled for.

But also: Where are the egyptian reports on how the pyramids where built?

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 12:37 PM
link   
what you just described is known as Trolling

for instance I am quite sure that you don't believe there was ever a world wide flood but posting the claims of a 1000 year old arab historian who did as evidence to get a reaction isn't really playing cricket is it

Originally posted by Skyfloating

But also: Where are the egyptian reports on how the pyramids where built?

they were all put in the local public library so that Tomb robbers could use them to find the easiest route to the treasure

where are the plans for the USAF latest Jet ?

same question
same answer

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join