It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I saw an NSA "listening" truck last night

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I am sure I saw an NSA listening truck driving incrediblt slow through my neighborhood last night. It was absolutely insane how slow this guy was driving. On the door of the truck was this symbol:

The truck was a model I have never seen before, and I am a huge car-buff, it closely resembles a ford ranger, but was different. Maybe mods? Anyway the closes truck I have found to it's apperance is this:

I thought this kind of stuff was illegal, but I guess it is in full-effect. The truck was just barelt creeping up the street. There was a small thing spinning in the middle of two things on the sides that were angled out and looked like cameras or listening devices. When the truck saw me step out onto my front lawn, it stopped. Then after a moment, it started moving again creeping up the street. I went to let my dog out late at night after watching some T.V., the truck was was creeping up the street and it had a light bar looking thing on the roof that looked like this:

Among the many reasons I am sure it was a "listening" truck, is because I clearly saw the symbol below on both doors of the truck: I later found this was the symbol of the NSA.

Now I have no problems with them doing this, since I have nothing to hide. But could see how it may be viewed as an invasion of privacy.

I am sure of what I saw.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Who knows? But, I'm feeling equally paranoid now that I'm a full fledged member of the ATS boards... I was "randomly" picked by a new TSA program at the airport today. I had my feet swabbed, every item in my bag swabbed, and my checked luggage has a huge orange tag on it that I saved.

They're after us Utahns. Head for the Uintas.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 02:36 PM
link   
If you see one of those trucks... RUN!

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 02:39 PM
link   
You are so right! What is crazy, is I have done some more research on the whole thing since last night, and it turns out the NSA was doing this previously without the knowledge of civilians, but was ordered in federal court to stop. However the plot thickens. They have since come up with devices that can go through walls and be either used as a variety of weapons or devices of various espionage techniques. (I wonder if they can implant?..... just kidding!) Anyway the devices commonly used look a lot like the stuff on the top of the truck and resemble a sort of video-cam looking thing. Below I have a diagram of one kind:

from external source:

i151.photobucket.com...
It seems some of these devices are very capable of espionage.

[edit on 31-10-2007 by asala]

[edit on 31-10-2007 by asala]

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by theutahbigfoothunter

You didn't happen to notice if the passengers were wearing jackets that said Undercover on them did you?

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Aside from those lights, what other sorts of gear could you see in the truck? How do you know they were 'listening' -- could you see microphones, audio equipment?

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 03:03 PM
link   
i've seen something like this. i'm pretty sure they're just getting images. there's a project that will be similar to google maps/earth, but you will be able to actually see the building you are looking up instead of just having an address and location. they may have done a second pass so they can edit people out of the images. if it was NSA i think it would have been more discreet.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I agree In regards to you mentioning it is probably not the NSA because they would be more discreet. However how much more discreet can one really be late at night. The symbols on the side of the truck were obvious. Therefore it was obvious it was an organized operation, instead of some thugs cruising the neighborhood late at night. In addition I think they have the technology to do just about whatever they need to once they are in the general vicinity of whatever they are looking for. According to recent information on the NSA's website, they have technology that the mainstream will not see for many years,(read below) regardless, I am sure of what I saw and how the vehicle acted. Not to mention the good view I saw. This is one of the conspiracies I never believed, but now I do. With all that is going on with homeland security, I kind of can't blame them. Then again, nobody ever wants it in their neighborhood.

Interesting read:
www.nsa.gov...

[edit on 31-10-2007 by theutahbigfoothunter]

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 04:46 PM
link   
1. Generally people who work in secrecy don't drive around with their seals on the doors.

2. The NSA can't operate on US soil.

3. Generally people who work in secrecy don't drive around with their seals on the doors.

4. You probably saw a promotional car for something.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Guys I saw this on the news a couple months ago. They got one in my city and it costs a fortune. They use it for looking for stolen cars. The reason the vehicle was moving so slow is cause those cameras scan all the licenses plates on all the cars parked.

Mystery solved.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaNine
2. The NSA can't operate on US soil.

LMFAO...

Also, yeh the seals on the doors...no.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Sometimes they are not covert about it on purpose. The goal is to let you know they are listening, like a warning basically. "We're watching you, and if you step over the line, we'll retaliate." its a scare tactic.

but i think you have to do something worse than posting on a conspiracy site to get NSA to follow you.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by theutahbigfoothunter

Interesting story. How long where they in your neighbourhood? Do you have a link for the diagram you have. I'd like to read a little more on that. How many people where in the truck?

reply to post by DeadFlagBlues

Do you have a picture of the tag you could post. I'd like to see what they look like. Did they detain you for long?

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 09:48 PM
link   
That I know of they were only in my neighborhood for about 30 minutes, well at least on my street. They were on my street for about 20 min. Only one in the car

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Two things. First the pics in the OP are not working. Also, isn't it the CIA that can't work on US soil? CIA gathers intel on outside threats and NSA looks for internal threats. Thus the National Security in the name.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I saw an episode of CSI tonight (8x03 I think) which can actually shed some light on what you saw. A pair of cops were driving around (the camera made a point of showing the rig on the roof, identical to the one you displayed), taking pictures of all the license plates on their route and running them through some sort of recognition/cross-referencing program.

Anyways, they passed by this one car and the computer said "Wanted for murder". What happened next is pretty obvious.

So, there you go. It was definitely a recording device, but I certainly see no reason to suspect the NSA, of all things. Google has introduced a new legal question by popularizing this on-the-ground city-wide imaging, and as the legality of such scans aren't yet decided (as far as I know), it could really be anybody.

Besides, the NSA has much cooler technology than that.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 11:31 PM
link   
So we are supposed to believe that the NSA was driving around your neighborhood with all of this top-secret equipment and technology, including a truck that has never appeared on the open market, but still felt the need to put giant National Security Agency seals on their doors?

Sounds kind of absurd. Like the other poster asked, were they wearing t-shirts that said "Undercover Agents" on them?

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by jhamende

NSA is banned from it, too. Hence the uproar over them listening to intercepts with one end being in the US.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 01:02 AM
link   
the NSA does electronics surveillance outside the US. You know stuff like wiretapping, etc and collecting data.

We have a car like that in our town and it drives around with computer equipment that scans license plates looking for stolen vehicles . Perhaps the symbol on the side just looked like the NSA one in the dark.

Source
"Los Angeles police officers are riding in style with a new police car that’s bristling with cameras, computers and even a GPS projectile launcher. The LAPD’s so-called “Smart” car currently helps patrol the city’s Jordon Downs public housing project and officer’s are calling it the “most advanced” police car in the world. With the help of several on-board cameras, officers can scan several thousand license plates per shift, watch streaming video from surveillance cameras and even fire GPS tracking “darts” at escaping vehicles. Perhaps the noticeable aspect of the car is the two bright-white camera modules mounted on top of the vehicle.

[mod edit: Posting work written by others ]

[edit on 11-1-2007 by worldwatcher]

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by theutahbigfoothunter
On the door of the truck was this symbol:

I later found this was the symbol of the NSA.

You later found out?

You couldn't tell right away from the words "NATIONAL SECURITY AGENCY" right there in front of you?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join