It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the greatest scholar/scientist of all time...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 10:11 PM
link   
If I recall correctly, John Lear once stated (somewhere on ATS, I am sure) something along the lines of scholarly/scientific people will not want to disclose the existence of aliens because this will, in affect, cause other people to come to the conclusion that these scholarly/scientific people know nothing. In return, I ask why doesn't a scholar/scientist come forth and release any/all information on these aliens and become the greatest scholar/scientist of all time. I know what possible answers to this question may be:

- A/multiple scholar(s)/scientist(s) have already released information.
    - If these aforementioned people do release any information, they will be ridiculed.

So has it already been done (I haven't heard of anything)? Of course, though, I have heard of many who have been ridiculed for even attempting this.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Bump
. Thanks for any answers

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 09:03 PM
link   
John Lear is on now
. I wonder if he will see this thread

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Maybe they just don't have anything empirical to show us.

Notable scholars/scientists are notable because they develop in their fields through years and years of testing. They think of something remarkable and are then able to back it up through investigation, examination, and observations which can be recorded, retested, and verified by numerous third parties.

That is TRUE science. In order for the existence of aliens to be acknowledged there has to be something which can be tested and not only by a single person. Scientists (especially physicists & biologists) all agree that the universe is too large for there to be not some sort of resemblance of life out there. Be it sentient or not. They just can't prove it at this time - that's why there are stepping stones in search for empirical data.

If you find microbial life in extremely harsh environments, you'd have to rework your current understanding of life to better fit the new environments. One can assume that if you can find such microbial life in said environment, you may find multicellular organisms as well, which, can lead to sentient civilization.

So while they don't have proof for Aliens and whatnot, they do know that the chances of there NOT being extraterrestrials is so slim, it'd be dumb to bet against it.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Good evening all.

The reason scholars and/or scientists don’t disclose the truth about aliens is because, like many of us, they need a job and security.

Most scientists/scholars work for SOMEBODY and that SOMEBODY, you can be sure, gets a government grant for something.

So anybody who gets a government grant to help pay for the store isn’t going to want to upset the applecart. If one of his scholars/scientists started talking about aliens or life on the moon here is what would happen.

The guy who runs the college, school, university or whatever might get a call from somebody associated with the grant. This guy would explain that while, he too, was interested in aliens and the moon, that the people HE worked for weren’t so open minded, so much so that it affected their judgment on who to pass out grants to. So it would be suggested that the subject of aliens and life on the moon might be placed on the back burner for a while.

That is how things work.

Now many scientists/scholars who have worked in secret areas and are now retired are still bound by clearances, many which last years after retirement.

And if they are on a pension you can be sure that money is going to take precedence over spilling the beans.

Many ask, “Why don’t some of the astronauts come forward?” My response would be, “What for? Ridicule? Loss of pension? Forget that.”

So the bottom line is we just jog along on this bumpy road of knowledge, getting a tid bit here, getting a tid bit there, getting insulted here, getting ridiculed there.

Life is a series of challenges; and its not whether you win or lose. Its how you meet the challenge that matters.

I try to meet my challenges with dignity, grace and courage.

The dignity to accept defeat with honor and say ‘this is not my first battle and it is not my last”. I will prevail without envy, hate or greed.

To gracefully accept and meet life’s challenges politely, without thought of revenge or retaliation;

The courage to say “I may be momentarily lost and confused,” but I will go on, I will not shift blame from myself to others and I will meet my next challenge without envy, hate or greed.

I try, but I don't always succeed.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnlearThe reason scholars and/or scientists don’t disclose the truth about aliens is because, like many of us, they need a job and security.

That's my point, though. If a scholar/scientist were to come forward and release any and all information, he/she would become "the greatest" (if the data can be backed up). Then, this person would not need funding from governments. He/she might then be backed by the masses of other interested people, see?

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
That's my point, though. If a scholar/scientist were to come forward and release any and all information, he/she would become "the greatest" (if the data can be backed up).

But he/she would need a forum to reach the masses. The western media is that forum. If those that control the media don't want he/she yapping, then he/she will remain, for the most part, anonymous.

Peace

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
But he/she would need a forum to reach the masses. The western media is that forum. If those that control the media don't want he/she yapping, then he/she will remain, for the most part, anonymous.

Very true
. Fortunately, for my argument, I was ready for a response like this. With today's technology, this hypothetical scholar/scientist could use the World Wide Web and communicate to others with blogging or creating a webpage. Whose to say that scholars/scientists can't have blogs
? Is my point valid?

[edit on 26-10-2007 by they see ALL]

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 09:03 PM
link   
That is true. In todays modern times of communication there really is no more mass media than can keep a lid on anything that has enough traction, in one form or another, to grab and run.

In fact, sometimes mainstream news if doing nothing more than being forced to report on things that started on the internet and would not go away. I always chuckle when I read something online, only to finally see it on the news days and days later.

For this reason, I believe that there really are no scholars or scientists that have anything that is solidly verifiable to disclose. If some grad student, telescope operator, physicist, etc, discovered something as grand as the stuff we want to be true you can bet your butt if it could verified they would race to whatever form of media will give them their first stage to stand on. They would be forever credited for the discovery....and credit for any discovery is what a boatload of these people work every day for.

new topics

top topics

join