It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you talk to others about ATS?????

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 05:13 AM
link   
I think its important to respect consensus-mass-reality, to realize that such a worldview exists out there. Labelling everyone that doesnt know or like ATS and its topics as "sheeple" and "idiots" is, imo not a path to happiness.

Everyone lives in their own reality-bubble and its not up to me to judge what type of thinking and worldview is right and wrong. For all I know they may be much more fullfulling the purpose of life than me. If the purpose of life is "to not know" then we would be a bunch of cheaters. (this is just an example).

Also, the urge to convince others of certain viewpoints psychologically points to the fact that I am not quite certain of the particular viewpoint myself yet. I find it healthy not to be sure of ANYTHING, including the topics of this forum. That keeps me open-minded.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 05:56 AM
link   
If I mention it to anyone they scoff and think that I'm a nutjob.

I try to tell them that ATSNN is one of the best sources for news in the world, or that we have some incredibly intelligent members here but no-one listens.

To be honest, that suits me fine, ATS is a place where I can discuss stuff that might be a bit 'out there' but it's what I enjoy.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 06:05 AM
link   
I do talk about it a bit. I also have ongoing conversations with my aunt (who also reads this site) and have gotten my little brother (he's 25) hooked on the site.

My husband doesn't take much interest in it, but will on occassion ask if I've read anything interesting.

I guess in my family, it's not taboo to talk about these things, so my brother, aunt and myself can have some nice conversations. Other than that, I think most of the people that I associate with "just don't understand" so it's better to just keep my mouth shut and have another beer.

A_L

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 06:22 AM
link   
I have turned a few people on to ATS, but most people have no interest at all in the truth. I believe it is because they are so far removed from reality and have been conditioned by the powers that be for so long that it is too late for them without a major kick in rear. Maybe if ATS had a show on MTV it would all change.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 06:24 AM
link   
No way people think I'm strange enough already lol,would probably only confirm their thoughts ,but personally I could care less

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chorlton

Originally posted by souls
Something about free advertisement just doesn't click. As for your plug to the ATS store, the ATS store needs to be heavily expanded with variety.

Im glad Im not the only one who thought that about the advertising thing?

In 40 years of wearing T shirts, Ive never had one person question what it was about, let alone 'lots'

I often engage people in conversation and discuss lots of different topics with them, there really isn't a single topic in the world that cannot be be discussed on either ATS BTS or PTS. As far as free advertisment not clicking
I'm not sure what you mean there? If you love ATS as much as I do then I would suppose you would love to see it grow and expand and know you were a part of that. If you don't really care either way then thats cool as well. I jsut happen to know a great thing when I see it, and like to encourage any media that promotes intellectual conversation and is responsible for spreading truth. I fail to understand how that doesn't "click" with you? How much do the 3 amigos charge you a month to visit this site? I think spreading the word is the least I can do.

Oh and in regards to wearing a T-shirt for 40 years without a response? Have you tried wearing a shirt that may actually make people want to ask you about it? I'm guessing that a "Who Farted?" t-shirt probably isn't going to make a splash!! *teasing*

[edit on 14-9-2007 by kleverone]

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by kleverone

Maybe you should point your question to the person whos OP I quoted ?

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Chorlton

Do you not see both quotes in that reply? This is adressed to the both of you, and everyone else with the same sentiments.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 07:13 AM
link   

So why not just post an outright ad for the ATS shop instead or trying to mask it as a normal post?

As for the T shirt Jibe?. As I said, Ive been wearing T shirts probably since T shirt printing first began, and as a prominent member of a well known UK rock band of the 60's and 70's they would have been seen my many hundreds of thousands of people.

Unfortunatley I never wore one with the wording as you described. I leave those type to people who wear their baseball hats on sideways

And before anyone asks NO Im not Reg Presley !

[edit on 14/9/07 by Chorlton]

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chorlton

So why not just post an outright ad for the ATS shop instead or trying to mask it as a normal post?

Mask it as a normal post? Are you serious? I thought I was encouraging a discussion on my love for ATS. I often have people on here asking me where I got my ATS shirt, so I assumed that other people were interested in getting one and threw it on the end of my post to save people time. Also, how would I post an ad? I don't own this site, I just play here.
Sorry you took this post out of context, I suppose perception is the key.

[edit on 14-9-2007 by kleverone]

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I wish I could but I find that they way I write in here is totally out of character for me. Any of my friends read some of the things i write in here they would think I was crazy lol.

ATS is my dirty little secret

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by fiftyfifty

I understand, I see on here alot that people really seemed concered about what other people think of them and that is normal, I have never really been considered normal though. I have always marched to my own beat. That is why when all my classmates signed my yearbook in high school they all signed it, " To a very weird but very cool guy" I would not be who I am today had I let others dictate who I am as a person. I have found that, at first they laugh, then they stop, then they follow. Story of my life!

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 09:42 AM
link   

It's far cooler to be that way than to follow suit. After all, nobody achieved anything by doing exactly as others have done eh?

I personally don't think that my friends are interested in this kind of thing and I am deep down a very open minded and spiritual person. It is something that lies within me and I prefer to keep it there. When the time comes though.. I will point everyone I know to ATS and say.. " I knew it was going to happen" :p

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by fiftyfifty

No doubt! There is NOTHING more important than bing true to yourself! I have HUGE respect for that!! Thanks to everyone for sharing. I really enjoy hearing others peoples perspectives on this topic.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I talk about ATS and things discussed on ATS all the time.
My husband thinks I'm a nutjob and looking for conspiracies everwhere.

However as much as he denies it, he does listen.
Every now and then I'll say something that perks his interest and he will ask questions.

People are intrinsicly lazy and I don't think the majority of people could give a rats about actively becoming educated.
But when ideas are being discussed around them people begin to show interest.

The other night Gore Vidal spoke at Vanderbilt to a packed house. He talked about how apathetic America is today and most people are sleepwalking.

The one thing he kept saying was keep talking. Keep trying to wake these people up. Eventually something gets through and they will either choose to know or not.

Nothing achieves nothing. Talking at least stimulates interest.
Or people just write you off as a nutjob, but either way they heard you.
Maybe one day something will click in their mind and they will look around.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I only tell it to people who I think will be responsive, not necessary sympathize. and they say:

1. "Are you cracy? a CT site! CIA will get you."

2. "Well, I think blogging is a dead end."

3. "Why you bother? you think you can change anything?"

I actually do, ...think I can make my small impact ...maybe even a differance.

I was taught to exercise my freedom of speech in a time nobody would have imagined you would be able to speak to the (whole) world.

That's what Ilike about ATS, it's a great platform.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I certainly do when the opportunity raises and have got a couple of people in the office interested in looking at the ATS web site. No idea if they have signed up.

I was out with one of my colleagues and somehow we got on to the moon landings, and my colleague said he had some doubts over the moon landings so I did a search and emailed all the links over.

I will getting a tee shirt or two and thinking of getting my ATS user name on them as well. I am happy to wear a ATS tee shirt.

I wear teeshirts and polo shirts for the F1 team my company sponsor. (They are free which helps as well) so wearing an ATS teeshirt is me making a statement that I am part of the fasting growing ethical discussion board and media organisation. And very proud to be a member.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I often here form others "Why bother, you can't make a difference"

I go on to tell them this little ditty.

There was a man walking along the beach and he happens across another man who is busy throwing fish back into the ocean that have washed ashore. Upon seeing this the first man asks the second "why do you even bother? There are thousands of fish here, throwing a few back won't make a difference?" Then second man slowly bent down, picked up another flopping fish, gasping for air and tossed him back into the water. He quietly responded, "Made a difference to that one". Big things start small.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
I think its important to respect consensus-mass-reality, to realize that such a worldview exists out there. Labelling everyone that doesnt know or like ATS and its topics as "sheeple" and "idiots" is, imo not a path to happiness.

Amen. ATS snobery is a very stinky cologne.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by kleverone

As far as free advertisment not clicking
I'm not sure what you mean there? If you love ATS as much as I do then I would suppose you would love to see it grow and expand and know you were a part of that.

It is like buying some Nike shirt that has a big "swhoosh" and a "just do it" all on the front. Now tell me, why do you want to pay money to buy a shirt that will make you a walking advertisement for the brands slogans and such? Same with any other brands. Do you think that when they make those shirts they are thinking, "Hey, people really love our phrase of 'just do it' and believe that message is true. When people see it on our shirts, they are going to want to buy it even more because NIKE does not represent profits, it represents our good and honorable message of the importance of excercise"?

No matter how much I love something, I still would not be providing them with free advertisement. If anything I would spread the information I find on ATS, but not promote ATS itself, when part of the main objectives of this website is profits not just a "message." It seems that ATS has done a good job of growing itself without the average user advertising the website.

I fail to understand how that doesn't "click" with you? How much do the 3 amigos charge you a month to visit this site? I think spreading the word is the least I can do.

See above. The 3 Amigos do not charge me for anything. The least I can do is keep providing this website with my traffic. Traffic generates and attracts investment. If there is enough traffic, investors will advertise in this website like crazy. Look at the adds that appear all over these pages. Verizon, Days Inn, Universities of "x", etc..etc. If the three amigos decided to impose a member fee, ATS would not survive, unless something very, very attractive is provided. The fact that this site is free of charge doesn't mean that I owe anybody anything. Businesses use different tactics in order to maximize profits.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join