It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

bush flaunts his favorite hand sign... again (at 9/11 ceremony)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I don't know what he thinks he's doing, or why. That is not the point at all. He has to know that people are noticing it. After the photo op with the Queen, when it was brought up by people in the UK, he has to know that this is bothering some folks.

So why does he keep on doing it? It's not like he doesn't have advisors that tell him not to pick his nose or do a deep ass scratch.Hell, there are "watchers" here on ATS that know how much attention his finger signs are getting. So why keep doing it?

Because he doesn't give a damn. He never has cared what America thought about any of his actions, and he's not starting to care in his last term before declaring himself King. It's arrogance, pure and simple.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 04:41 AM
link   
to answer the question about the video, I saw it on CNN. They were doing a story on the ceremony and I just kept an eye on his hand to see if it was caught by the camera...and it was. I will look around youtube and look for it, but I would imagine that any video of the ceremony would work. The camera was to Bush's left side coming in from the front. I guess that would be to the left and farther back from the OP's photo.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I’d like to point out that if Bush is using this hand gesture as a reference to the UT Longhorns, then on 911 he must have been against UT and not for them. Watch any away game that UT plays and you will see the opposing fans showing the upside down ‘horns’ gesture to show their opposition. So maybe Bush just can’t make up his mind whether he’s for or against UT. Then again, maybe it has nothing to do with UT, and since Bush was born in Connecticut, and educated at Yale and Harvard, I don’t know why he would have any affinity for UT. If Bush were to be a fan of a Texas school, you would expect it to be Texas Tech, but I haven’t seen him doing the TT ‘get you guns up’ shtick, even though it would be oh so appropriate for a war mongering mass murderer like him.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 04:30 PM
link   
imagine antennas, after you have done a certain ritual, you can collect enrgy using the signal, and disperse energy as well. Or maybe its all just magik? I firmly believe hes the destroyer, who seeks a time of world domination, before his whole pplayhouse collapses, because he made it to. because hes a failure..sorry, but some things just are george, and cant be changed.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I think he's rolling a booger

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 15-9-2007 by Jbird]

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 11:25 PM
link   
It looks to me like he is adjusting his fingers not making the devil horn hand gesture, but then again I do not hate G.W. Bush either.

[edit on 15-9-2007 by JadePhoenix]

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 11:37 PM
link   
'Nuff Already! This thread should be moved to the Jokes forum! Here is the true origins of Bush's devil hand sign! Muhahahahahaha!

www.texassports.com...

Jenna does the sign all the time, she's an alumni of UT. I did it all day long today, so did my husband, as a matter of fact the whole city of Austin probably showed their support for our team today! We Won! HOOK 'EM HORNS!

He is such a big supporter of The Team of The University his hand just naturally goes to the Hook 'Em position. GO HORNS!

STM

[edit on 9/16/2007 by seentoomuch]

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by resistor
Then again, maybe it has nothing to do with UT, and since Bush was born in Connecticut, and educated at Yale and Harvard, I don’t know why he would have any affinity for UT. If Bush were to be a fan of a Texas school, you would expect it to be Texas Tech, but I haven’t seen him doing the TT ‘get you guns up’ shtick, even though it would be oh so appropriate for a war mongering mass murderer like him.

A few questions, hope they're not too difficult for you: What state was President Bush Governor of? (jeopardy music starts here) ................... I'm sorry the correct answer was TEXAS.

For five hundred points and the daily double: What is the capitol of Texas? (music starts)..................... I'm sorry the correct answer was AUSTIN.

For two hundred points what state university is located in Austin, Texas? (music) ................. I'm sorry, the correct answer was THE UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS.

Last question, last chance to score, What is the official hand sign of The University of Texas's Longhorns and ALL UT athletics? (music) .................. I'm sorry, the correct answer was the HOOK 'EM HAND SIGN.

Wow, sorry you didn't score even one point, our consolation prize is a complete set of all Ann Coulter's books. Enjoy, maybe next time if Hillary is in office you'll be able to score.

STM

KTK

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Seentoomuch, may I ask what hand do people use for this gesture in Texas?

[edit on 16-9-2007 by KTK]

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by KTK

BOTH for major plays, lots of spilt beer when this happens, can't help it though, the Hook 'Em is automatic. Now for regular plays how many or which hand you use is usually dictated by bodily mechanics. For example: if you're left handed you'd use that hand to hold your beer or plate of buffalo wings and Hook 'Em with your right. Right handed same thing in reverse. Go Horns! Hook 'Em!

Bush always made bets with the opposing team's Guv on the game. You know how it goes, if they win (Lol, not likely) Bush would deliver some barbecue. If they lost they'd send a gift basket of whatever their state is known for, corn for example. This whole city revolves around The University and Bush lived here for many years. Whenever I see him do the Hook 'Em he's acknowledging his friends here kinda like Carol Burnet tugging her ear. Many Texans do this. I've seen it in Europe used between tourist Texans when they meet up.

STM

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by seentoomuch
'Nuff Already! This thread should be moved to the Jokes forum! Here is the true origins of Bush's devil hand sign! Muhahahahahaha!

www.texassports.com...

A quick look to even wikipedia will show the handsign is far older then Texas Long Horns.

en.wikipedia.org...

And if it is really a Texas Long Horns sign why does Hillary, Bill, Cheney, and so many others do it.

Calling it just a sports sign I will agree is a simple easy excuse for it, but it is not logical, nor in my mind the true origins of the hand sign.

And even if a football fan uses the sign, so does the creator of the Church of Satan. And fans of Ozzy Ozborn the sell proclaimed prince of darkness, and former lead singer of black sabath.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Well I guess with your reasoning the whole city of Austin and all the alumni and any friends that want to acknowledge their friendship with a Hook 'Em signal is the devil. Guess that makes Austin HELL! You really need to step back and take a break for awhile.

As for Cheney, Hillary, etc. many of their Big, Big supporters and Associates are in Texas and most of them are UT Alumni. (Hillary would love to win in Texas) It is really a big deal here to use the Hook 'Em to acknowledge people, it's not just for athletic games. It's how we greet each other and it means "Victorious" and "Whatever it Takes". Everything it stands for is POSITIVE!

A bit of advice, never visit Austin, they'd have to put you in a straitjacket and carry you away hysterical with you screaming about all the devils in the city, Lol.

It's time to end this thread or move it to the Jokes forum, this is beyond crazy.

STM

[edit on 9/17/2007 by seentoomuch]

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 08:06 PM
link   

A bit of advice, never visit Austin, they'd have to put you in a straitjacket and carry you away hysterical with you screaming about all the devils in the city, Lol.

I guess you've never heard Alex Jones and his daily broadcasts in Austin. Most of the Austin cops actually seem to appreciate him. Personally, I've had more than a couple discussions with folks down on 6th street who know the origins of the 'horns' hand sign, though it's been a few years.

It's time to end this thread or move it to the Jokes forum, this is beyond crazy.
STM

Quit begging. It's unbecoming of a Texan. The Mods know what they're doing. And besides, you'll need to save all that for the refs when the Okies are whipping your butts next month.

reply to post by seentoomuch

Amusing post there stm, but no cigar. I notice that you didn't address the fact that the 'horns' sign is upside down, like opposing fans make, or the fact that he's doing it at a 911 memorial. Sure, you've seen it and done it a million times, and so you can't conceive of it meaning anything but what it means to you, and I've no doubt you've never made that sign with any intention other than supporting UT. But that doesn't change the facts surrounding this signs history and it’s widespread use far outside any UT context.

BTW, Saw 'Em Off !!!!

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I've used that hand symbol/gesture many, many times and as far as I know, I'm not a satanist, Illuminati, member of the NWO, or anything else of the sort.

I think it's kind of silly to focus attention on these types of things. Unless we know the exact context of Bush using the symbol or the purpose and intent behind it, it's just a hand gesture that many people use for a variety of reasons.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 08:24 PM
link   
If you go to scratch your middle finger with your thumb your pinkie binds with them. You have to consciously physically straighten your pinkie to make that hand "symbol".

Just do it. first relaxingly scratch your middle finger with your thumb.

Now try to scratch your middle finger with your thumb but this time leave your pinkie completely straight.

My opinion is that he is making this hand symbol on purpose.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Alien Abduct

We can physiologically break it down, ok..

Take another look at the photo in the OP. Notice the only finger that's even close to being fully bent inward is the middle finger. His ring finger is in a 1/2 bent position.

Being a player of musical instruments, I am quite aware of how the fingers function in relation to each other.

Take your arm and put it to your side, as the president in the photo. Now, relax your hand and fingers. Now bend in your middle finger. Watch as you do it, your middle finger bends, your ring finger slightly bends, and your pinky and index finger stay straight. You've now have your hand in the same position as the president is the photo.

So now we have proof that the president was moving a finger, the 'hand symbol' caught in the microsecond opening of a camera shutter.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 08:51 PM
link   
its not just this instance. and it's not just bush.

it's all the politicians and others that are not associated with longhorns, and not associated with rock music, or surfing, or etc. there are still a great number of people that use this particular handsign, and it is for a reason.

Like many others have stated, it predates any sport team, and has a specific meaning. whether bush and others are performing magic, or just taunting the public (and getting away with it) - however the frequency of this handsign, and the times in which is is used are just inappropriate to say the very least.

Some others used it as well, which have nothing to do with texas - like the previous Prime Minister of Italy, Silvio Berlusconi.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by scientist

Now all we have to do is figure out who he is looking at in the photo.

I wonder why these people would be flashing 'secret hand symbols' in public. If they are all in a secret society together, why bother with the symbols in public, when they're probably going to be privately meeting later on anyway, congratulating each other in what they've accomplished? Why risk giving yourself away?

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by WeaponsOfMassDistraction

Like I said you still have to Physically consciously straighten your pinkie to make this symbol.

If this was an unconscious effort to scratch his middle finger, the easiest way to do so would be to bind your pinkie along with it.

It takes more of a conscious physical effort to straighten your pinkie when scratching your middle finger.

Which shows that this was done purposely. for what reason I don't know.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Well I guess with your reasoning the whole city of Austin and all the alumni and any friends that want to acknowledge their friendship with a Hook 'Em signal is the devil. Guess that makes Austin HELL! You really need to step back and take a break for awhile.

As for Cheney, Hillary, etc. many of their Big, Big supporters and Associates are in Texas and most of them are UT Alumni. (Hillary would love to win in Texas) It is really a big deal here to use the Hook 'Em to acknowledge people, it's not just for athletic games. It's how we greet each other and it means "Victorious" and "Whatever it Takes". Everything it stands for is POSITIVE!

I agree some people use the sign for Hook em Horns.
Some people use it for Rock on.
Some people use it and don't know why.

This is a belief issue, enter my world of belief, a terrible evil force is laughing as millions salute him, some don't even know it.

If I believe that is what it means, it is what it means to me. The person doing it does not have to believe it.

My point is many see it as Satanic, many do it without knowing it, and many of them, in my view are Satanic, some are just going along with secular views.

This is a point of view thing, because you do not believe as I do, you see the world differently. If I saw a girl spining her head around and vomiting pea soup, I would say possesion. You would say bad seizure.

Do you see this is a belief issue. I believe in spiritual interaction at a level that among other things shows itself in ways such as the use of this hand sign. That does not mean all usages, but some are.

It is a belief thing.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join