It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

911 protest on FOX NEWS- Geraldo Rivera

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amelie

I view someone who is ignorant if they deny a murderer is murderer. I don't have to dismiss an opinion that would state the opposite; those people who were murdered are still dead. It's my duty as citizen and a human being to indict murderers and make sure they are held responsible for their actions.

[edit on 10-9-2007 by Amelie]

Just so I am clear on the your definition of a murderer, would you call any head of state who orders his military into battle a mass murderer?

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Watchman
would you call any head of state who orders his military into battle a mass murderer?

As the head of state, did Bush order his military into battle or was he just an "ill "equipped" man who didn't posses the "intelligence" or "backbone" to stand up to Neo-cons in his Administration who said that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction? If it is the latter, then add treason on the list of indictments.

Ordering men and women into battle who have sworn their lives to defend our country is much different then ordering men and women into battle to defend your private oil interest.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Ordering men and women into battle who have sworn their lives to defend our country is much different then ordering men and women into battle to defend your private oil interest.

I see. At least you aren't basing your opinion on conjecture and incredible assumptions.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 08:21 PM
link   

I view someone who is ignorant if they deny a murderer is murderer. I don't have to dismiss an opinion that would state the opposite; those people who were murdered are still dead. It's my duty as citizen and a human being to indict murderers and make sure they are held responsible for their actions.

Wow Amelie, you certainly know how to argue your point. If only others would wake up to the reality of when someone orders others to kill, and those others our sworn to act on the originater's order, when the reasons for the killing turn out to be misguided at best, then the person who ordered the killing is indeed a murderer in my book.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mailman
I'll listen to Alex Jones talk about thought provoking theories, before I gag down a sloppy load of Geraldo's irrelivent garble.
GR is nutjob, a complete wacko, thats why he wheres nice clothes and glasses to hide his insanity.
Sombody called people AJ followers sheep. I shouldnt bother but How can you be a Family guy fan, and be a geraldo fan at the same time? I mean come on now.

Lets have a go for the FOX AJ conspiracy show.

Do the elite feel isolated enough.

Well FORD shut down his plants in lieu of strikes in the 30s and invested
in Germany only to arrive in the Aerospace or some high tech satellite or
radio factories for government projects in the 50s.

Those Reptilians have thick skins and heads, the sent of money rules.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 11:44 PM
link   

I see. At least you aren't basing your opinion on conjecture and incredible assumptions.

Back up Night Watchman. She didn't base anything on conjecture and incredible assumptions. She made a comparative statement. A comparative statement that holds true for anyone with half of a logical brain:

"ordering men and women into battle who have sworn their lives to defend our country is much different than ordering men and women into battle to defend your private oil interest"

I would think that statement couldn't be argued by the most paid debater.

In fact, by and large, you can make the statement that her comment is absolutely true.

So what is your beef? You reading things into stuff and then using your incredible assumption to argue?

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Geraldo will be the first one demoralized in public when it all comes crashing down..

Well have him hogtied in the white house lawn while we storm the Oval Office! Lol

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 05:52 AM
link   

If Bush or any of his cronies actually gave a crap about terrorists or had them as the #1 priority as the obvious media fearmongering (terror alert red) would suggest, then he would not have invaded Iraq under obvious dubious information.

Mass Murderer? Yes, most definatley. No doubt about it. Its strange how the excuse went from WMD to ousting an evil Dictator. Before Saddam started 9/11 x 1000.....

Wheres Usama? I dunno.....in 2002 Bush says...

THE PRESIDENT: Well, as I say, we haven't heard much from him. And I wouldn't necessarily say he's at the center of any command structure. And, again, I don't know where he is. I -- I'll repeat what I said. I truly am not that concerned about him

www.whitehouse.gov...

So tell me Night Watchman, why would you have changed your prioritys away from the "real evil" and sacrificed thousands of your Patriot Warriors for NOTHING?

What from Amelies post could be taken as "assumption" or "conjecture"? Its the truth and you cant take it. Its either mass murder or treason or a mix of both.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainObvious
My .02. I could NOT stop laughing at the bloated whale getting arrested. The man is so stupid he does not apply for proper permits, AND doesnt carry identification.

Jones is a heartless thug and should have been left in jail with a cell full of FDNY firefighters.... I would like to see their reactions when Mr. BlowHole tries to explain to them that "they were in on it"

Geraldo is an idiot...always has been... But I think i will start watching his show now.

The truth movement at GZ is a disgrace. The news from the Loose Change crowd is that they are taking their protests to the media outlets (because the media isn't interested in them)

EDIT.... Jones did apply for the proper permits and was refused. I believe it was a permit for using a bull horn.

[edit on 9-9-2007 by CaptainObvious]

When did it become an arrestable offence to be in a public place without identification?

Doesn't the constitution give Americans the right to free assembly? Surely this would mean no permit is needed and any law stating otherwise is unconstitutional and therefore unenforcable by law?

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Out of curiosity, does anyone here see the irony in the complaints against Geraldo's expressing his 1st Amendment rights, and accusations of hate speech. I regularly see hateful speech uttered by 9/11 protesters, under the guise of Freedom of Speech. That's the beauty of Free Speech. Even speech you don't like or agree with is protected. I think that throughout Geraldo's career, he's demonstrated that he's not a neo-con(or whatever that is), so the fact that those of you who disagree with him, automatically assume that the views he expressed are talking points given to him by Fox, is kind of disengenuous.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlueRaja
the fact that those of you who disagree with him, automatically assume that the views he expressed are talking points given to him by Fox, is kind of disengenuous.

similar to those who assume he would keep his job, if he DIDNT express the talking points given to him, or if he used his own talking points contrary to what Faux news wants him to say.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by NeilDown

When did it become an arrestable offence to be in a public place without identification?

Doesn't the constitution give Americans the right to free assembly? Surely this would mean no permit is needed and any law stating otherwise is unconstitutional and therefore unenforcable by law?

He wasn't arrested for Free Assembly. Furthermore, Freedom of Assembly carries certain responsibilities. It doesn't mean the Freedom to riot, or be disorderly. If one wishes to engage in those activities, they should realize that there are legal consequences to those actions.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by scientist

the fact that those of you who disagree with him, automatically assume that the views he expressed are talking points given to him by Fox, is kind of disengenuous.

similar to those who assume he would keep his job, if he DIDNT express the talking points given to him, or if he used his own talking points contrary to what Faux news wants him to say.

I seem to recall him expressing pretty contrary views to O'Reilly/Hannity, on numerous occasions.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 09:48 AM
link   
i must have missed that part of the video where he starts a riot and gets disorderly. I must have also missed all the articles and media coverage of that part. Certainly, fox would have commented on a riot?

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 09:49 AM
link   

I seem to recall him expressing pretty contrary views to O'Reilly/Hannity, on numerous occasions.

Talking points don't come down from Bill and Sean. They come from Rupert.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Talking points don't come down from Bill and Sean. They come from Rupert.

Well then Geraldo's(or Alan Colmes', or the other folks on the left) views should never differ from O'Reilly/Hannity then if Rupert tells them all what to say. I'm just not buying that they have such a tight script that they have to follow.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 09:57 AM
link   

i must have missed that part of the video where he starts a riot and gets disorderly. I must have also missed all the articles and media coverage of that part. Certainly, fox would have commented on a riot?

He was arrested, if I understood correctly, for not getting the proper permits for filming with a camera crew. He's looking for some free publicity to show himself being persecuted.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Wow the lines are really being drawn. It is becomming so apparent that the media is manipulated and that there are no longer free thinkers on any station. It is a shame that Geraldo has sold his soul. It will all come back around though to haunt him in the end...

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 10:06 AM
link   

I'm just not buying that they have such a tight script that they have to follow.

I suggest you check out the documentary called "Outfoxed"

Excerpt:

These memos were passed out by the Senior Vice President of FOX News, to the employees at FOX, as daily marching orders. These were the talking points of the day, meant to be used throughout the day, on the various FOX programs. Now, the issue is if the memos are instructing staff to slant the news and if they are, which way is the slant and who stands to gain. Here are some of the excerpts, directly from the memos:

“Let's keep in mind that the G-8 contains the most obstreperous dissidents against the war on terror. Bush has a long memory and new friends in Poland the rest of Eastern Europe.”
“Two style notes: Rudolph is charged with bombing an abortion clinic, not a "health clinic."

“The president is doing something that few of his predecessors dared undertake: putting the US case for mideast peace to an Arab summit. It's a distinctly skeptical crowd that Bush faces. His political courage and tactical cunning are worth noting in our reporting through the day.”

“Scary thought of the day: what if it's a consortium of terrorist groups working together?”

“John Kerry may wish he'd taken off his microphone before trashing the GOP. Though he insists he meant republican "attack squads," his coarse description of his opponents has cast a lurid glow over the campaign.”

“Gas prices are at all time highs in the US. There are reasons for the surge, some economic, some mere business tactics. Remember: US prices, while they seem high to us, are a half or less the cost of gasoline elsewhere.”

“Kerry, starting to feel the heat for his flip-flop voting record, is in West Virginia.”

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar
Wow the lines are really being drawn. It is becomming so apparent that the media is manipulated and that there are no longer free thinkers on any station. It is a shame that Geraldo has sold his soul. It will all come back around though to haunt him in the end...

Do you have support to show that the views Geraldo expressed are not in fact his own? Or is the definition of a free thinker, someone who agrees with you?

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join