It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Five Year Old Boy Set Ablaze With Gasoline

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Five Year Old Boy Set Ablaze With Gasoline

www.cnn.com

Five-year-old Youssif is scarred for life, his once beautiful smile turned into a grotesquely disfigured face -- the face of a horrifying act by masked men. They grabbed him on a January day outside his central Baghdad home, doused him with gas and set him ablaze.

It's an act incomprehensibly savage, even by Iraq's standards today. No one has been arrested and the motive remains unknown.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
21 Days to Open the Gates of Hell

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 05:44 PM
link   
If any one here wants to try to justify this action please don't post it here. CNN has said they will keep up with the story. They have also said there is not out side charitable action taking place yet, so please keep the story in mind should a charitable organization take up the cause.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I read this story today and it broke my heart. What did these monsters think they would gain by this hideous act? My heart breaks for humanity.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Valhall
Good use of words. They are monsters, there was no gain in any way. If they were homicidal maniacs they would have just made a random killing. This story is an example of the boil on the a**s of humanity. These monsters should be pruned from the tree of life.

[edit on 22-8-2007 by RedGolem]

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 06:24 PM
link   
One of the many children awaiting treatment for injuries cause by been caught in the middle of the struggles in that nation.

The US military medical personnel has tried to help as many as they can but very often they do not survived the kind of injuries suffered.

While American soldiers are immediately air lifted to better medical facilities many children and even adults Iraqis do not have the same fate.

Even when the military wants to help is just too much bureaucracy and not permits to help traumatic injuries of Iraqi civilians outside Iraq.

Like the littler boy in the story they have to wait if they survived the injuries and have public awareness to see if good Samaritans will help them get the help they need, the permits and paper work and a hospital abroad that will perform necessary surgery for free.

Sad, when you have to imagine how many children suffer the same fate.

[edit on 22-8-2007 by marg6043]

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Marg,
Thanks for your post.
This story is not about a child being caught in the hostilities. It is about a random act of violence against a child. And there being no apparent purpose or reason.
If its possible for anything to be worse the war fair this could be it.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 06:37 PM
link   
A 5 year old child is a pure and untainted soul who deserves so much more than to be tortured and scarred both phisically and mentally for life. It boils my blood that people can become so diseased with these false pretences and justifications for such horrific acts. What sort of foul corruption could ever convince u to do such a thing?........ they will get what they deserve, what comes around go's around.

peace

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 06:41 PM
link   
This is what wars does, it brings the worst of human kind and the most to be targeted are the Innocent.

But hopefully American people have big good harts and they will make sure that at least he will get what he needs for a better life.

I hope that this is not turn into a media circus.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I do like to think that what goes around will come around. But when I hear of things like this it just makes me wonder.
As to this becoming a media circus, although the family does not need that kind of attention, it would probably get enough attention of organisations that would donate to get him enough care to lead a close to normal life.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I think attaching this to war - either as a symptom or a cause - diminishes the evilness of the act that was committed against this kid. marg, you missed the whole point I guess. There's no justification - not even a pet one where we get to rail against the insane war we're in over there. This isn't a symptom of war - this is evil people committing an evil act. And I'd say the same thing if it happened in Hoboken, NJ by a bunch of lily-white masked men. It's just unexplainable evil.

[edit on 8-22-2007 by Valhall]

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 07:05 PM
link   
It is evil Val, we know that and we know because we have feelings and we have families, children, but this evil is not limited to one child but to many other children that become victims to it.

Yes I saw the story in the news and as a mother and a human being I felt for the child, for the family and for humanity and how we as humans with a brain and intelligence still has not learned to take care of each other even when we are from the same species, I guess some humans can still commit this type of atrocities because they just can, and still live without remorse.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

Valhall,
You hit it right

Probably better explained then the way I did it. And I might say definitely with more tact. But then again no one has ever said I have tact.
Thank you Valhall

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Vermin. These masked cowards are vermin. No wait - vermin are too good to be grouped in with these 'things'. For those who've been around ATS for a little while know how I feel about those that hurt children and/or animals. I am on public record as saying that those that commit these aggregious acts should be sentenced to an immediate death. I stand by that to this day.
These masked men - (Oh, they're oh so brave hiding behind a mask.) Doused an innocent 5 year old with gasoline then set him ablaze? What crime did this little boy commit? He failed to ride his bike without training wheels? He went outside the lines in his coloring book? He got mud on his hands when he was catching a bug? Oh wait. Maybe he thought that the word 'lunchtime' had 3 syllables, instead of just 2. Wait! Now I got it - it must be because it took him too long to recite the alphabet, and count to fifty.
FIVE years old. FIVE. His life was only just beginning. He was just becoming aware, and cognizant.

Marg. You know I respect you, and like you, but I have to agree with Valhall here. This has NOTHING to do with war. This is just a cowardly act, probably (although I have no proof whatsoever) commited by religous zealots who think their cause is not only the righteous cause, but the ONLY cause as well.

I call these pieces of garbage PIGS. Yes, SWINE. They detest swine, and consider the swine evil.

Can ANYONE defend this? Can anyone even begin to rationalize this?

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I'm not even prepared to lessen this by assigning religions or even fanaticism. While the article described the men who did this as "insurgents" I have noticed there's no real proof given to back that label. I reject statements of bias in order to categorize the men who did this - unless the lable is "evil"...then I'm buying in.

So, let me update my statement. I don't care if this was a bunch of lily-white men in Hoboken, NJ named Bubba, Billy Bob and Ralph, and who claimed to be Christians, but didn't go to church or even talk about God - I'd still call this what I call it now. Pure evil for the sake of evil...period.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

What else need be said? You've stated it very lucidly.
Evil. Pure evil.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Evil is everywhere. Its not relegated to any country or religion or war.

We have barbaric things happen here, in the USA.

Evil doesnt descriminate.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
I'm not even prepared to lessen this by assigning religions or even fanaticism.

Nor should you.
In fact, on the purely human level, I find it objectionable to even call them "insurgents", regardless of any "proof" or lack thereof as to their status.
(Although being a journalist - among other things - myself, I understand the apparent necessity of this particular piece of information.)

As to the boy being helped so he could "lead a close to normal life"... I honestly wonder: is it really worth it?

Is it worth living in this world, such as it is (and such as it has been ever since humankind first set foot on it)?

These people - yes, they are people, not "monsters", even though their actions are beyond monstruous - are just a few among the myriad who have perpetrated, and still do, monstruosities against humans and animals throughout human history.

It is not a rhethoric question. But it's not a call for an answer either.
I just had to say it, I had to voice my doubt as to the inherent benefits of being merely alive, at least on a purely physical level...

Sorry if I upset anyone.
It was not my intention.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

We have barbaric things happen here, in the USA.

Evil doesnt descriminate.

Dgtempe,
yes evil is everywhere. In the U.S. when one mentions evil the source behind it might be hate groups, or organisations, or those who peddle hate under the vial of a religion. Or one might menchen the serial killers, Bundy being one of the most famous.
The act described in this thread goes beyond that. It was not a killing, not a kidnapping, it was an act done in front of the boys home. The reasons are not known but one might think to send a message to others in the area. No matter what the reason it is a level of evil I hope most could not comprehend.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vanitas

As to the boy being helped so he could "lead a close to normal life"... I honestly wonder: is it really worth it?

Is it worth living in this world, such as it is (and such as it has been ever since humankind first set foot on it)?

Vanitas,
I have asked my self that same question many times. Its not to difficult to look around and see what is going on and wonder why any one would want to live on a planet like this. The wars, senseless killings, barbaric treatment of people for no apparent reason, or just because you exist and some other group does not want you to exist.
The conclusion I have come to though is if your going to give up completely, you might as well start exterminating all those you deem not worth of existence. Not just the individuals like those who committed this act of evil, but all the groups who have created what is perceived to be all the problems.
I will not make the call that things have to go that direction. If I decide to give up completely it will only be my personal decision made, will not make it for others or decide what part of the world population needs to be destroyed.
I will stand by that the people who did this act of evil need to be destroyed.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Insurgents? Might as well have been more uk spec ops posing as insurgents. These guys were masked so no way of knowing.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join