It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[HOAX] Haiti UFO Video - YouTube - [HOAX]

page: 81
<< 78  79  80    82  83  84 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ummofriend

I am him and he is I. Both youtube accounts are mine.

Don't you think it's quite a coincidence that you released the video under the username, "ladave1969," and then the LA Times reporter David Sarno tracks you down and writes a story about it?

I also did the brooklyn ones and ufo over paris.
About the debunking quote, I'd been following the debate on ATS (in fact, it's the comments I saw here about the DR clip that spurred me to make the Haiti one) and I thought the debate was being weighed down by neverending technical considerations and I thought the preemptive governement debunking hypothesis was interesting in the context of such a viewed document.

But, since you obviously knew you'd created the video, then you also knew that it wasn't a case of the government attempting to "pre-emptively debunk" anything. And for that matter, the rest of your post seems to logically contradict this "hypothesis."

You explain that off-the-shelf CGI software can create a fraud that will fool many, if not most laymen; then you go on to hypothesize that some government force is behind this "perfect" video.

Strange, indeed.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXBlackedOutXXXXXXXXXXXX

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Well, one question to you is very technical what with settings, problems you encountered, etc? - if you'd like to share your settings or scene file instead...
(just kidding - artists have to have their secrets).

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Who is "It Has to End", the guy who came here saying he was part of the group which created the videos and regretted his participation on the hoax?

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Ummofriend, Since you offered, I have a few questions / requests.

1. Could you upload/post a clean frame or footage from any of the videos without crafts in them? Or at least a screen grab from the Vue 6 GUI with any project loaded? Anything work in progress or behind the scenes?

2. Were the D.R. and Haiti videos 100% CGI? No live video? Where did the red truck and water tower come from? Is it harder /easier to fake a scene with real-life footage vs. total CGI?

3. Do you feel that what you have done is misleading in any way? Since you claimed to have monitored ATS, you must have gleaned that many here don't have much respect for hoaxers. According to the LA Times article "he created the hoax strictly as a "sociological experiment" -- in other words, just to see what would happen."

Since the article states your experience was "entertaining, thrilling, completely addictive..." should we expect more hoaxes from you in the future?

regards....kk

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 04:36 PM
link   
David Sarno is not the author. I think the LA Times is pretty thourough with its sources and would never allow their readers to be fooled by one of its journalist.
That would be a pretty serious ethical offense and he would never work as a reporter again.
Regarding the debunking, I obviously knew it wasn't the case in this particular instance but it has and will happen again. In my opinion that's what Roswell was all about.
One thing to consider is that government has a responsibilitiy to the public that circumvents the truth and witholding of information regarding ufos isn't necessarily to satisfy their taste for concealment.
They're probably just as clueless and afraid as the general public went it comes to those matters. As a girafe would be if confronted with the workings of a xerox machine. And there's nothing more damaging to the powers that be than admission of their bafflement.
Ats I said in the LA TImes piece, at the time I was still investatigating human responses to the phenomenon and wanted to probe to see how ATS members felt about debunking, the likelihood of it, and governement involvement in ufo matters,etc.. In view of obtaining research material for my screenplay.
That's why I suggested it.

PS: I have no idea who "it has to end" is but he didn't have the faintest affiliation to the hoax. I was alone, very alone and sleep deprived.
For Beverins, I will freely share my files with you

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 04:55 PM
link   

David Sarno is not the author.

What? David Sarno has the byline on the LA Times article. Do you mean to say he's not the author of the article, or he's not the creator of the video?

I think the LA Times is pretty thourough with its sources and would never allow their readers to be fooled by one of its journalist.
That would be a pretty serious ethical offense and he would never work as a reporter again.

In any case, you've ignored my question as to whether you think it's a coincidence that your "Dominican Republic" video was released on an account you claim to own, under the name "ladave1969," and the story was subsequently exposed by an LA Times reporter named David.

For that matter, why is there no mention of ladave1969 in the LA Times article? Do you have a response?

Ats I said in the LA TImes piece, at the time I was still investatigating human responses to the phenomenon and wanted to probe to see how ATS members felt about debunking, the likelihood of it, and governement involvement in ufo matters,etc.. In view of obtaining research material for my screenplay.
That's why I suggested it.

This, to my mind, best explains your first post here. You were screwing with people for fun and profit.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXBlackedOutXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 04:56 PM
link   
To kk
1. yes, I will but give me a sec, I'm not yet familiar with how ats works in terms of uploading stuff and also I need a good nap but, yes, definitely.
2.yes, 100% CGI and my first babysteps with Vue 6.
It depends what you want to show in the scene.
For instance, here, to have a spaceship weave in front of the sunlight and behind palm trees would have required much more work using real life footage.
The objects in the scene came from a 3DS MAX bank.
3. My reactions to the phenomenon were also part of the sociological experiment. I don't place myself above it even though I couldn't help experiencing a God-like feeling but alternated with moments of feeling totally like I'd lost control of it, which I had.
In regards to the misleading part, yes. But I can live with that. My intentions were not malicious, were not to ridicule anyone but I've created a space where there was no distance between the work I'd done and the way people experienced it, in other words, it was entertainment but one in which the viewer didn't choose to be or knew it was being entertained.
No one would have felt what they felt when they saw the video had they seen it in a movie theater or if it had been tagged as cgi.
We're all disappointed to find Santa doesn't exist but we all cherish our Christmas memories.
And we hold out hope a real Santa will come along.
In my opinion, a few chosen ones will experience contact, but ther will be no mainstream disclosure of alien life in our life time because we are not ready.
Much as the girafe can't xerox its hoof.

[edit on 22-8-2007 by ummofriend]

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 05:02 PM
link   
to blackedout
Do you know how many Davids there are in the world?
And I meant David Sarno is not tha author of the UFO HAITI clip.
DR is mine as well.
You haven't understood me.
Profit? I haven't made a dime of this.
And fun, yes, most def, spending night after night at my computer researching in order to create is the most fun there is in my opinion. You should try it.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 05:05 PM
link   

to blackedout
Do you know how many Davids there are in the world?

Many, I'm sure. Many also in LA. Probably several who work for the LA Times.

But how many LA Daves are involved in this story? So far, two. The one who claims to have created the video and the one who wrote an article for a major US paper about it.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXBlackedOutXXXXXXXXXXXXX

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 05:07 PM
link   
hmmm. Uncanny indeed.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 05:09 PM
link   
it MUST be the same David

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 05:09 PM
link   
How would you rate the response from ATS ?

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 05:11 PM
link   

it MUST be the same David

No, it mustn't.

I asked if you thought it was a coincidence. All you had to do was say yes. Instead.... we get more runarounds.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 05:13 PM
link   
The video "naughty grannies" is 100% CGI too?

Even the old ladies?

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 05:18 PM
link   
to blackedout
yes, it's just a coincidence. Can't we chide each other anymore?

ATS was the most interesting forum I've found, with the most litterate and savvy members, free of
ignorant hate and with evolving debates.

The grannies were my own.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 05:19 PM
link   
ummofriend Please check your Yahoo "madame" email.
Your U2U inbox has something as well.

Springer...

link   

You haven't understood me.
Profit? I haven't made a dime of this.

One would assume that you're writing a screenplay with the intent to make a movie, and thus, a profit. That's what I meant.

And fun, yes, most def, spending night after night at my computer researching in order to create is the most fun there is in my opinion. You should try it.

I think we have tried it, except many of us sat at our computers night after night researching trying to deconstruct your creation, which was foisted upon us in a highly misleading manner.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXBlackedOutXXXXXXXXXXXXX

link   
reply to post by BlackedOut

BlackedOut I'm just curious here. You seem very knowledgeable about this thread, as if you've been following it from the beginning. You even received applause. Congratulations. You are ragging on ummo here (Not complaining, just observing) Yet you registered TODAY ?!? and have ten posts, all on this thread. I wonder if ummo is not the only one who has some explaining to do. Do you have some association with this issue that the rest of us don't know about?

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
reply to post by BlackedOut

BlackedOut I'm just curious here. You seem very knowledgeable about this thread, as if you've been following it from the beginning. You even received applause. Congratulations. You are ragging on ummo here (Not complaining, just observing) Yet you registered TODAY ?!? and have ten posts, all on this thread. I wonder if ummo is not the only one who has some explaining to do. Do you have some association with this issue that the rest of us don't know about?

Absolutely none whatsoever. I'm a casual observer of UFO and hoaxing trends in general, and this video and the debate over it has had my attention since the beginning.

Yes, I registered today, because today was the first time I had anything to say about it. I posted the LA Times article to FARK.com this morning.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXBlackedOutXXXXXXXXXXXX

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Why ummofriend keep coming and leaving the forum?

To avoid being traced?

top topics

<< 78  79  80    82  83  84 >>

join