It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Caning in Malaysia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Just came across this on the net. I wonder if caning really deters crime in Malaysia.

WARNING - THE VIDEO CONTAINS GRAPHIC SCENES

Here is the Site:
www.dailymail.co.uk...

Near the bottom is the video from Live Leak. Sorry did not know how to link that and I keep getting an error message when I go to live leak.

KTK

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I didnt watch the video, im not sure if it deters crime in malaysia. He is quite lucky that that is his only punishment as the Malaysian government has a zero tolerance approach to drug dealers.

Funny that Malaysia has quite a muslim population, yet we dont hear much about terrorists from there. Maybe they are able to keep that in check too.

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by KTK
I didnt watch the video, im not sure if it deters crime in malaysia. He is quite lucky that that is his only punishment as the Malaysian government has a zero tolerance approach to drug dealers.

Funny that Malaysia has quite a muslim population, yet we dont hear much about terrorists from there. Maybe they are able to keep that in check too.

No they arent Im sorry to say.RadicalMuslims in Norther Malayis have made many incursions into South Thailand and have exploded bombs and killed people over ther desire to change the Southern part of Thailand to the Muslism faith
www.usatoday.com...
news.bbc.co.uk...

Malaysia is a VERY VERY Muslim country. Islam is the official state religion and the Constitution of Malaysia provides for very limited freedom of religion,
It is also illegal to hold hands in Public in Malaysia and people do get fines for it
news.bbc.co.uk...

Whilst this law below mentioned on the BBC site was thrown out it shows what sort of people live in Malaysia and I have no doubt it will be enacted in the future
news.bbc.co.uk...

The radical Muslims are slowly and surely tightening their grip on Malaysia aided and abetted by the despot Mahatir Mohammed the most duplicitous lying leader any SE Asian country has ever had. Hes gone now but his followers linger on.

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chorlton
Malaysia is a VERY VERY Muslim country. Constitution of Malaysia provides for very limited freedom of religion,

It is also illegal to hold hands in Public in Malaysia and people do get fines for it

The radical Muslims are slowly and surely tightening their grip on Malaysia aided and abetted by the despot Mahatir Mohammed the most duplicitous lying leader any SE Asian country has ever had. Hes gone now but his followers linger on.

I would like to ask you if you have ever been to Malaysia. I suspect perhaps not but it you have you must visit / frequent very different places to me.

I have been to Malaysia around 37 times in the last 3.5 years. In fact I am flying there again tomorrow. It is a Muslim country, that said you have a large population who are Christians and Hindu's who live happily together. Even the Muslims join into Christmas celebrations as an example.

I have sighted heaps of people holding hands included men with covered women from the Middle East. The radical Muslims are certainly not in the ascension. They were trounced in the last elections.

As for Mahatir Mohammed I think was one of the most enlightened leaders who had the courage to tell the world to sod-off and let Malaysia get on with it.

I would live there tomorrow if my circumstances were different.

[edit on 3/8/2007 by Lady of the Lake]

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lady of the Lake

Malaysia is a VERY VERY Muslim country. Constitution of Malaysia provides for very limited freedom of religion,

I would like to ask you if you have ever been to Malaysia. I suspect perhaps not but it you have you must visit / frequent very different places to me.

You suspect not eh?
I lived there for 3 years and as my relatives live near Songkhla in the South of Thailand I veisit there quite often. Sometime I fly into Thailand and go down and sometime I fly in to Malaysia and go up, but I have been made to feel very uncomfortable by Muslims when traveliing there with my wife through Malaysia and I doubt I shall travel via Malaysia again.

I have been to Malaysia around 37 times in the last 3.5 years. In fact I am flying there again tomorrow. It is a Muslim country, that said you have a large population who are Christians and Hindu's who live happily together. Even the Muslims join into Christmas celebrations as an example.

Have you been to the far North where the radical Muslims are? I have and it is not a nice place.

I have sighted heaps of people holding hands included men with covered women from the Middle East. The radical Muslims are certainly not in the ascension. They were trounced in the last elections.

I have also seen people holding hands. I have also seen police making people stop holding hands and I have witnessed a couple who were beaten with sticks by the police in Northern Malaysia.
I didnt write the BBC report they did. It is true and even more archaic shariah laws are trying to be brought in.

As for Mahatir Mohammed I think was one of the most enlightened leaders who had the courage to tell the world to sod-off and let Malaysia get on with it.

He was also one of the most corrupt and duplicitous leaders the world has seen. Personally pocketing millions from arms deals, encouraging radical Muslims and supporting the installation of Shariah law, which fortunately the parliament threw out but they will eventually do it. He was instrumental is reinforcing anti alcohol laws whilst at the same time seen downing whisky in several up market Hotels during SEAC meetings

I would live there tomorrow if my circumstances were different.

Good for you.
Im trying to move my relatives out of the South of Thailand and up to Bangkok because the violence there, instigated by radical malaysian Muslims is on the increase.

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Malaysia is a VERY VERY Muslim country. Islam is the official state religion and the Constitution of Malaysia provides for very limited freedom of religion

On the last point you are wrong. Malaysia’s official religion is Islam but the constitution allows freedom of religion for non-Muslims, who make up almost half of the population.

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 08:28 AM
link   
But Muslims make up 58% of the population, and the state religion is Islam. Hence they have the upper hand, so much so that it has a very strictly imposed Shariah law system. Admittedly this is only for the Muslims, but it does affect how others may live their lives and does seriously impinge upon others not of the islamic faith.

My last visit there was in 2006 when I travelled from KL to Hat Yai.
We were even warned not to leave the train at Hat Yai for fear of attacks but as our relatives live close we had no choice. It is the last time I will ever travel via Malaysia. I wont miss it one bit.

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Thank you for replying. No I haven't been to the border area although my brother does work for intelligence and has travveled there and lived close by for for some years.

I have never felt threatened in Malaysia. In fact I feel safer there than I do in Sydney (some areas). Because I travel for business I am often alone.

new topics

top topics

join