It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rod Serling's UFO film 'It Has Begun'.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 04:45 PM
link   
The Twilight Zone's Rod Serling presents an excellent UFO documentary film from the 1970's - it's a winner.

There's also a very interesting short clip from the film below dealing with the Coyne incident.

edit on 6-10-2014 by karl 12 because: Fix video link

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Good one.
I liked the 1st half of it better than the rest, up to the cattle mutilations. They covered some good cases and had interesting historical footage of principals such as J. Allen Hynek.

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Yuefo, thanks for the reply -it certainly is a very interesting film and the part dealing with the 1952 Washington sightings is excellent - Rod Serlings quite a funky chap too.

Cheers.

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Another great 1970's UFO film from Australia featuring interviews with Stephen Spielberg, Jacques Vallee, Keith Arnold, Dr J Allen Hynek and (a very young) Stanton Friedman

Part 2 of 8

edit on 11-1-2013 by karl 12 because: Fix link

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12
Full Film

Comprehensive report on film (pdf):

www.ufo-data.co.uk...
edit on 17-4-2013 by karl 12 because: Fix link

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

I'm a Rod Serling fan and have never had a chance to see this. Thanks, Karl.

Some questions. Was Serling involved in the production aside from being the narrator? If so, does it have his trademark ironic and dark sense of humor?

Serling was one of the most gifted storytellers of the 20th, and a good storyteller never lets the facts get in the way. Based on your knowledge of the cases presented, is the documentary accurate?

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by DoomsdayRex

DR, thanks for the reply - the film was produced by Robert Emenegger and its said that there was Government co-operation at the time (there's a segment filmed inside the Pentagon) -it also won a Golden Globe Award when was released in 1974.

The pdf file in the post above goes into more detail but, as far as I'm aware, all the case reports are correct and it does contain some very interesting information - its definitely up there as one of the best documentary films on the UFO subject (IMHO) and well worth a watch on a rainy day.

I also have to say I do agree with you about Rod Serling -he was one seriously cool dude.

Cheers.

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12
The pdf file in the post above goes into more detail but, as far as I'm aware, all the case reports are correct and it does contain some very interesting information - its definitely up there as one of the best documentary films on the UFO subject (IMHO) and well worth a watch on a rainy day.

That's great to know because many of the documentaries of that era were more about sensationalism than accuracy. Though I suppose, the more things change...

One of my favorite from that era of UFO documentaries is Overlords of the UFO. It is rich with outrageous stories and theories in a package with grindhouse production values.

Part one is below. The rest of the documentary are linked at YouTube.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Thanks Karl,

As usual great posting from you.

Can't wait to view the movie.

S&F

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex
That's great to know because many of the documentaries of that era were more about sensationalism than accuracy. Though I suppose, the more things change...

DR, thanks for the reply and I do know what you mean - although I did find this documentary quite a good one.

Let me know what you made of the film after you watch it - it covers some very interesting UFO incidents and features some intriguing comments from Dr Hynek, Dr Vallee, Albert Chop, Ted Phillips etc..

Cheers.

reply to post by marsorbust

Marsorbust, thanks for the reply matey - happy watching.

edit on 17-4-2013 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Interesting speculation about the scene towards the end of the film:

Holloman AFB UFO Landing.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d4ac3b5326d7.png[/atsimg]

The Holloman AFB UFO landing event was featured in Robert Emenegger's/Alan Sandler's 1974 documentary 'UFO's: Past, Present and Future', and in an updated 1979 version 'UFOs: It Has Begun'. These documentaries were both narrated by Rod Serling. Towards the end of the documentary, a 'what if' scenario was presented to the viewer about a landing that could happen in the future, or perhaps already could have happened…

"Let us look at an incident that might happen in the future, or perhaps could have happened already. The premise is that contact is made by extraterrestrial beings with representatives of the United States Air Force at Holloman Air Force Base in the deserts of New Mexico."

Rod Serling goes on to narrate the Holloman landing event which consisted of illustrations of the landing and the aliens meeting Air Force officials. These illustrations were inter-cut with actual footage from the base. At one point in the re-enactment there is footage of a strange white-yellowish object descending towards the base, with the mountains in the background (some people have suggested it is part of the authentic UFO landing tape that slipped though).

Link

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Interesting find Karl, I hadn't heard that before, thanks for pointing it out...

It's pointed out in this vid, and yes that footage doesn't seem to "fit"...

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Toxicsurf

Toxicsurf, thanks for the reply and that's a great find you've posted there -I do agree with the footage looking a little out of place and its interesting that the documentary was also said to have U.S. Government/Pentagon approval.

Tristar has posted another very interesting video about Robert Emenegger on this thread and it goes into more detail about his (alleged) involvement with the USAF.

Cheers.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Toxicsurf
reply to post by karl 12

Interesting find Karl, I hadn't heard that before, thanks for pointing it out...

It's pointed out in this vid, and yes that footage doesn't seem to "fit"...

Awesome clip!!! I'd heard about this and it is indeed incredibly interesting. the alleged 'real' footage is totally incongorous to the shots either side, the 'filler' footage of the base, watch tower and the view of mountains.

As a filmmaker it makes no sense to create an effective effect sequence (of the ufo coming in to land) but only use a couple of seconds... if it was fake it would have been more featured... and had the object landing.

Very odd. Good evidence I think for the militarys knowledge and interaction with UFO's and whoever is driving them.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by manmental
Awesome clip!!! I'd heard about this and it is indeed incredibly interesting. the alleged 'real' footage is totally incongorous to the shots either side, the 'filler' footage of the base, watch tower and the view of mountains.

Manmental, the footage does look rather odd - there's another thread here with some further info:

Holloman AFB UFO Landing and the ‘Large-Nosed’ Aliens…

Cheers.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Robert Emenegger speaking at the X-Conference, 2008.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Interview with Robert Emenegger and Angelia Joiner about the Holloman footage and the film 'It has begun':

The Joiner Report – Robert Emenegger Interview

Robert Emenegger wasn’t born an UFOlogist. As revealed by others now researching and investigating ufology, chance happenings can entice one into this intriguing venture.

Emenegger was a 1965 UCLA graduate in film with a minor in music and began work as a director for commercials for products such as Honda, Mattel, Taco Bell, MAX Factor and many more. He said he enjoyed writing the jingles for each one. His film studies followed, and he produced and directed ten original science fiction feature films and four television documentaries. He has won numerous first place awards and gold medals in domestic and foreign film festivals.

Emenegger said he began making these film specials out of curiosity. However, in 1973, his working in the paranormal arena became all too real. Officials at California’s Norton Air Force Base suggested to him and fellow producer Allan Sandler a documentary film that incorporated UFO information, including as its centerpiece the genuine footage of a 1971 UFO landing at New Mexico’s Holloman Air Force Base and communication with an alien group. Although promised, no film was ever presented. The documentary, hosted by Rod Sterling, Jose Ferrer, and Burgess Meredith, was released in 1974 as “UFOs: Past Present and Future” and won a Golden Globe Award. The alleged Holloman UFO landing was discussed in the documentary and depicted with illustrations. It was later updated and released as “UFOs: It Has Begun.” Even after 35 years, it is an experience to be shared and questions yet to be answered.

As noted ufologist Grant Cameron once stated, “Bob Emeneggar’s story is potentially the best UFO story of all times.”

Link

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Another very interesting 1970's UFO film issued for release in cinemas:

'UFOs Are Real'

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   

DR, thanks for the reply - the film was produced by Robert Emenegger and its said that there was Government co-operation at the time (there's a segment filmed inside the Pentagon) -it also won a Golden Globe Award when was released in 1974.

Why is it that almost every UFO documentary that seems to present revolutionary evidence involve this guy???

It's almost creepy how his name keeps popping up in investigating these specials...

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Why is it that almost every UFO documentary that seems to present revolutionary evidence involve this guy???

It's almost creepy how his name keeps popping up in investigating these specials...

Gazrok, thanks for the reply - I'm sure Robert Emenegger gets around a bit but I can't seem to remember him popping up (or promising revolutionary evidence in) many other UFO documentary productions - can you help out with any examples?
Cheers.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join