It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michio Kaku (National Security Protocols Will Not Allow Disclosure of Alien Contact)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   
First video openly indicates the protocols that would be used. He obviously is within a cellphone reach of particular people who are never seen or heard of.

The second video indicates the protocols that were used to a less informed public.

See how the levels have increased as time passes by.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by tristar

Thanks.

I'll have a look in a while and comment properly then, have to go out.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   
The problem I have with guys like Michio Kaku is he is assuming that we as human beings in the 21st century are advancing technologically. I think the exact opposite could be true............I firmly believe ancient cultures that have lived on Earth were in many ways much more technologically advanced and moreover spiritually advanced than we are today. I firmly believe ancient civilizations that have lived on earth before present day have been able to harness nature, and the earth in ways that are completely different than our technology we have today and so different from anything we can imagine. I mean just look at how advanced some civilizations were with their astronomy and knowledge of outer space. I also firmly believe that ancient cultures had the ability to manipulate gravity with sound i.e. use levitation to move heavy objects and might even have used this "technology" to power craft.

I just hardly believe that burning up oil, gas, and other resources for our "technology" seems that intelligent. It seems rather archaic to me. I mean what is reall so technically advanced about our society? Cell phones? Bombs? Nuclear weapons? The electron microscope? The Germ theory? Yet we can't find a cure for male pattern baldness and cancer? Yeah right. I would say if anything human beings nowadays are in spiritual and technological decay.........we are going backwards not forwards. Think about.............look at how unhealthy we are physically and how polluted our planet is.................Ancient civilizations appear to have existed for THOUSANDS of years..............look at Americans..........we'll be dead from obesity and diabetes in a few hundred. How can a society be so technnically advanced yet be so good at killing off themselves and their planet? No.......if there is intelligent life out there and hundreds or thousdands of planets like Earth..........that life will more than likely stay far far away from us. They probably gave us the chance the make contact with them in the 1950s.........but instead of being transparent and accepting we shot at them...........
The human race as it stands today is not ready nor will we be for a long time for alien contact.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by tristar
First video openly indicates the protocols that would be used. He obviously is within a cellphone reach of particular people who are never seen or heard of.

The second video indicates the protocols that were used to a less informed public.

See how the levels have increased as time passes by.

Kaku says protocols have been drafted, and they are all laughable, and nobody takes them seriously. Have no idea what you mean about him obviously being within cellphone reach of particular people? It's not obvious to me what you mean by that.

I like Kaku and he's a brilliant guy, but I think he's totally wrong on his point that disclosure would cause mass panic. Sure a few might panic but did the world really come to an end when Orson Welles aired his famous "War of the Worlds" broadcast? No and people were a lot less prepared for it then than they are now. Besides that broadcast isn't a good reference for how people would react to benevolent contact, as it was a broadcast about an attack. Well if we're being attacked maybe there's reason to panic.

Surveys show most people already think we are being visited by aliens so I suspect as long as the contact is peaceful, the reaction would be "we already knew it, it's about time we finally had disclosure".

I do agree with Kaku we can't automatically assume that aliens will be benevolent.

The second video is a dramatization, which doesn't have much discussion of protocols.

Whether protocols have become tighter or not over time is unclear to me, but I don't find any evidence in either of these videos which makes it any clearer.

If real protocols exist (as opposed to the laughable protocols Kaku refers to that nobody takes seriously), then we still don't know what they are.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

I think you're right. We as a species aren't really that advanced. As I look around, sometimes it seems like we're still the old apes. We just have better weapons than those hairy guys that had to use their hands and theeth to kill each other. Today we only need a thumb to push a button to blow us all to hell.

Isn't that sad?

Seriously - it's a shame, we humans have such a great potential, and we're blessed to live on such a beautiful planet. But it seems like we're going to skrew it.

Hm... one of my favourite bands with the name of TOOL wrote a song called "right in two", and this song is about angels watching us from above and wondering when we will realize how stupid we are for not realizing how gifted we were...

"Angels on the sideline,
Puzzled and amused.
Why did Father give these humans free will?
Now they're all confused.

Don't these talking monkeys know that
Eden has enough to go around?
Plenty in this holy garden, silly monkeys,
Where there's one you're bound to divide it.
Right in two.

Angels on the sideline,
Baffled and confused.
Father blessed them all with reason.
And this is what they choose.
And this is what they choose...

Monkey killing monkey killing monkey
Over pieces of the ground.
Silly monkeys give them thumbs,
They forge a blade,
And where there's one
they're bound to divide it,
Right in two.
Right in two.

Monkey killing monkey killing monkey.
Over pieces of the ground.
Silly monkeys give them thumbs.
They make a club.
And beat their brother, down.
How they survive so misguided is a mystery.

Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven conscious of his fleeting time here.

Cut it all right in two [x4]

Fight over the clouds, over wind, over sky
Fight over life, over blood, over prayer,
overhead and light
Fight over love, over sun,
over another, Fight...

Angels on the sideline again.
Benched along with patience and reason.
Angels on the sideline again
Wondering when this tug of war will end.

Cut it all right in two [x3]
RIGHT IN TWO!

Right in two... "

("right in two", lyrics by TOOL)

www.youtube.com...

But I can't imagine that they're really amused.

Because it's a shame, a terrible shame!

[edit on 28/3/10 by Peloquin]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy
I firmly believe ancient cultures that have lived on Earth were in many ways much more technologically advanced and moreover spiritually advanced than we are today.

There is no evidence of that whatsoever...there is only evidence of what it is thought of overall...that there was a degree of beginning mechanical technology that was eventually squashed due to the dark ages and religious overtaking of all knowledge.

As far as the occasional heiroglyphics and carvings showing some odd tech here and there...first off, we have no clue about the context..some of those artifacts are simply misinterpretations and wishful thinking, and finally, the concept that entire civilizations are advanced because they seen something is a unfounded leap. Aboriginal people seen aircrafts in ww2 which, to them was amazing space tech...they drew pictures, etc...does that mean suddenly aboriginal people were advanced...or they simply drew what they seen/were told about?

As far as astronomy...yes, many ancient cultures had a firm grasp on astronomy. Why? because they didn't have a single astronomer...they had almost everyone looking at the skys due to the lack of cable/internet service in their areas..there was no light pollution, there was only looking at the stars at night to pass the time..so it would make sense that generation after generation observations would become more and more accurate. Again, christianity squashed ancient understanding of this...seeing astronomy/astrology the devils tool and so now that we are back on the rebound, we are mystified that people long ago, pre dark ages knew a bit about the stars also.

Now then...time to watch the videos...sorry, I just get frustrated when people say the ancient egyptians used to fly around in apachii choppers or whatnot...

and what is spiritual advancement anyhow? how do you measure meditation? They used to sacrifice people to blood gods and thought you lived eternally in a pyramid with your slaves and gold...not overly enlightening in my opinion..

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

It all starts here.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/f9f7c4afd0cf0451.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I do like Kaku...but sometimes he comes off as one of those elitist academics that you find in alot of professions. They think we don't know what's best for ourselves so make all the decisions for us, they know what has to be done yet we don't, backroom meetings with all their other elite friends to make the decisions that effect the rest of us. I won't be able to handle such a revelation but kaku will...Oh and i don't believe this romantic notion that mankind has been as technologically advanced as we are in the past. That's just bad history and a wild imagination, not a good mix.

[edit on 28-3-2010 by Solomons]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Advancing, sometimes.

A call to the wild, occasionally..

Renewing the old in order to better the "future."

Renewing the old in order to control people in the "future," yes that too.

It's unwise to say we are doing ONE thing at a time. Time, what's that? the clock hands move but some people on extremely hard hallucinogens may see the world going backwards. Michiu is not an island to himself in terms of predictions and knowledge, there are undiscovered children who can out maneuver the most prestigiously- badged minds who have found a public voice.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Keeping a lid on mass landings of UFOs or even one UFO (where a large crowd of civilians with cameras, news crews, etc. capture the event) by authorities would seem impossible. Perhaps this is naive of me to assume it could somehow be kept secret as I don't know the full capability of information manipulation by those whose job it is to do so. How could something that big be kept from spreading even via word-of-mouth?

Also, I could never get my head around how authorities could convince off-world visitors to keep their presence a secret to the public or why. Yes, there'd be some panic if their presence was made known to the general public, but how much worse could it be than some of the other frightening events people are exposed to? (war, natural disasters, extreme weather, etc.)

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Disclosure would mean the end of human civilization.

Its not only about a change in mentality and worldview in most of mankind, but the fact that if contact is made, and technological exchange ensues, its a game changing event.

Everything changes, the entire infrastructure of civilization crumbles (governments and military forces are powerless, religions and culture are meaningless, all of our accumulated scientific knowledge is rendered useless).
We become a footnote in THEIR history books, in their encyclopaedia galactica.

And thats just assuming mankind doesnt annihilate itself in the transition.

So, whoever keeps the lid on this, really cant tell the general public its happening, they cant deal with it, or at least that seems to be the case; better safe than sorry.
Specially if the people in-the-know dont know themselves quite what to think about this hipotetical more advanced civilization. Specially with such high stakes at play.

And of course, the visitors themselves dont want to make contact, for one reason or another (seems a rational and reasonable approach, though i dont expect to understand the inner workings of an alien mind).

So its a win - win situation for them, and for us.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Kaku is seriously the Man, but really, mass panic?? Sometimes I think people who have spent the majority of their lives in academics have a somewhat warped view of regular human beings. I would probably say that people who fit into this category are the least equipped to predict mass human behavior.
Now, if he were to make a case for mass panic among the intellectual and political elite, I'd probably agree. Imagine being among the smartest 100k people on the planet, and then meeting beings who, on average are probably exponentially smarter. The fact that Science nowadays is pervaded with politics leads me to believe our scientists are driven by more than a little bit of ego.

Ok, time for a scenario. Aliens land in Calgary, Canada tomorrow ( for whatever reason
), who of humanity would be the most affected? Normal people? Scientists? Nope. Nope. Politicians. They have by far the most to lose from disclosure. It threatens to change the entire way the have to do business. In fact, the scariest thing about disclosure is its inherently unpredictable effect on humanity. Remember that politics is a field that relies heavily on predicting human behavior.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I think michio kaku is like a nazi death camp scientists, that is used for propaganda.

All two faced, and he knows america is far more advanced.

he also knows science is doing horrendous things, and he loves it.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
I think michio kaku is like a nazi death camp scientists, that is used for propaganda.

All two faced, and he knows america is far more advanced.

he also knows science is doing horrendous things, and he loves it.

Hahahah, LOL.

Poor Michio, what did he ever do to deserve that?
Youll make him cry, he seems like a fairly harmless guy, as far as physicists go.

Seriously "nazi death camp scientist", wtf.

top topics

join