It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this photo real?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Those are illustrations by Michael H. Schratt. They were not created as hoaxed photos, but rather re-creations of what retired combat veteran Jack D. Pickett claimed to have seen in a hangar while wandering around an air force base during a reunion.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I have saw this picture before. Here are some others as well as a link to the site.
Supposedly all the photos for this craft are CGI. However it would seem the craft probably existed but was scrapped due to instability problems.

www.laesieworks.com...

www.laesieworks.com...

www.laesieworks.com...

www.laesieworks.com...

www.laesieworks.com...

www.laesieworks.com...

www.laesieworks.com...

www.laesieworks.com...

www.laesieworks.com...

www.laesieworks.com...

www.laesieworks.com...

www.laesieworks.com...

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Not too bad a try but the insignia has a coarser pixel structure than the rest of the image and I don't think it follows the curve of the surface it's supposedly painted on.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Well, I think the images are pretty good, regardless what you critics say. This guy obviously spent a lot of time on them.

It reminds me of the Project Y / Silverbug stuff you can also find floating around the Internet. Fun stuff!

greyfalcon.us...
tanks45.tripod.com...

[edit on 26-6-2007 by SuicideVirus]

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Great find Beamish!

So lets get this straight ... first they were fake ... then they became un-fake .... then they went back to fake .... then it went 50/50 ... but now we don't get to see earth2 eat his leg after all?

Damn seeing that would of made my day

In either case, if that type of plane project would of made it into production then that sure would of possibly explained a lot of the UFO sightings at the time. I wonder where the guns would of been mounted ... all around possibly shooting at a 360 radius while flying?

Cool none-the-less,
Bzzzzzzz

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 04:05 PM
link   
IM glad you posted the original I was gonna say even the ones posted after the first one all look fake granted they are better then the first pic but still looked fake.

I would also pose the question why would the government create a craft/plane that looks like a disc? If all the life of the government they have been denying UFO's why would they go ahead and design one that looks exactly like a UFO?? That would be a stupid move.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 04:34 PM
link   
lol wow!!! i think that is aerodynamically impossible (but i aint no expert!!) ; it just looks too.....idk i cant describe it. I just think that it would maybe be possible but i think thats just a conceptual image the USAF made back in the day to reverse-engineer the threat they called UFOs. But thats just my civillian opinion.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I would also pose the question why would the government create a craft/plane that looks like a disc? If all the life of the government they have been denying UFO's why would they go ahead and design one that looks exactly like a UFO?? That would be a stupid move.

Why not? That way they would have some way of denying involvement with ufo's. Instead of coming clean they would have something to de bunk the ufo phenomenon with.
In my opinion if this was indeed an actual craft, it does prove that the govt. is/has been interested in the "disk" design.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Quoted by M4K4V3LI.

would also pose the question why would the government create a craft/plane that looks like a disc? If all the life of the government they have been denying UFO's why would they go ahead and design one that looks exactly like a UFO?? That would be a stupid move.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Simply because doing so would make them look like fools and discredit them even further. Think about it they have been saying thats not a UFO its swamp gas/venus/space junk and so on then ok heres an airplane we built back in the ?? "60's" so that will explain any disk shaped crafts you might have seen so there you have it UFO's debunked? um no that will just draw more attention to UFO's and the government and thats the last thing they want. Remember this craft was supposedly made back in the 1960's(I hope im right about this date) so by now it would either be declassified and/or being used right now and they are not.

Besides I think its been proven fake by the photo that was posted by all the people standing around it then the same "original" photo showing a bomber and not a UFO shaped plane!

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rotoplooker
Those are illustrations by Michael H. Schratt. They were not created as hoaxed photos, but rather re-creations of what retired combat veteran Jack D. Pickett claimed to have seen in a hangar while wandering around an air force base during a reunion.

That sounds very interesting Rotoplooker, do you have a link?

Regards xS_Gx

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 01:16 PM
link   
www.aerospaceweb.org...

full story on the fake pics

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I am watching a video about black ops and thought I would share it with ATS. It has Michael Schratt speaking and explaining de classified aircrafts. Hope you all enjoy it.

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by xSMOKING_GUNx

Originally posted by Rotoplooker

That sounds very interesting Rotoplooker, do you have a link?

Regards xS_Gx

Here:
www.laesieworks.com...

It's also in the links that highfreq has posted

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 04:19 AM
link   
I know this one is genuine: Vought V-173

Quote from the website:
"One of the most unusual aircraft ever designed for the U.S. Navy was the Chance Vought V-173, also known as the Zimmerman "Flying Pancake". It was a prototype "proof of concept" aircraft that lacked wings, instead relying on its flat circular body to provide the lifting surface. This multi-million dollar project nearly became the first V/STOL (vertical takeoff and landing) fighter. The V-173 blueprints were shown to the Navy in 1939, with wind tunnel tests on full scale models being done in 1940-41. In January 1942 BuAer requested the proposal for two prototype airplanes of an experimental version of the V-173, known as the VS-135. This version had more powerful engines and was given the military designation XF5U-1. Flight testing of the V-173 went on through 1942 and 1943, resulting in reports of "flying saucers" from surprised Connecticut locals. Mock-ups of the XF5U-1 were done in the summer of 1943, but due to Vought's preoccupation with the Corsair and Kingfisher, the program proceeded slowly during the war. The arrival of the jet age saw the cancellation of the XF5U-1 contract by the Navy in March 1947, despite the fact that the aircraft was due to take its first test flight later that year. The XF5U-1 prototype was scrapped, though the V-173 prototype was saved and was given to the Smithsonian. To this day the V-173 / XF5U-1 project remains one of the more interesting anecdotes in aviation history. "

About the one being discussed here...I dont know enough about aircraft engineering ( fact is, i dont know anything bout it ), but could someone explain why this type of craft would be better than a normal type? Or else, i guess they would not make this type...Looks redicilous, knowing that the alien crafts dont use the type of engine power we do. They make their own gravity field and slide across it. This thing doenst look like it can do that.
Looks really fake.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Paul the seeker

omg... you use those to substantiate that it is real? O_o
As said before, one of those even has the word "fake photo" in it, and from a photographer / retouchers point of view the two other are very bad compositions...

This craft might have existed, but please don't use those photos as evidence, we are just gonna be having a laugh on your account instead.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by xSMOKING_GUNx

Just look at the craft. Why would a flying saucer using some sort of hypothetical repulsive force field need a tail wing? Unless this was a prototype test vehicle.. In which case they quickly noted how poorly discs fly and that tail wings don't help.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 11:43 AM
link   
if it is real. ONE UGLY AIRCRAFT HAS BEEN MADE BY THE US!!!!!

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Sight2reality

I know that the USAF has experimented with delta wing and "saucer" shaped aircraft. But Im going to agree with the majority and say...FAKE...nuff said.

[edit on 12/08/07 by dreadphil]

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scramjet76
reply to post by xSMOKING_GUNx

Just look at the craft. Why would a flying saucer using some sort of hypothetical repulsive force field need a tail wing? Unless this was a prototype test vehicle.. In which case they quickly noted how poorly discs fly and that tail wings don't help.

Is what I was thinking, It was deduced around six months ago on this thread that it is fake, and probably several times before that too.

<< 1    3 >>

join