It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Happened on Art Bell Sunday night?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I thought that other guy took over Art Bell's show?

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
I thought that other guy took over Art Bell's show?

George took over Art's position earlier on in the decade as Art announced he was gonna be semi-retired and ended up taking on the Sunday night slot. I'm probably missing bits of info, but that's the crux of it.

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Art Bell, to me, is not the same person he was in 1996 when i started listening to his show. Its too bad that he sold out to the dark forces and powers that be.

I swear, if all he does is talk about Asia Rain, i will call him myself and ask him to cut it out. No body cares to get a blow by blow description of the birth.

I want a quality talk show.

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally by Annee
From what Art says - he began as a political radio show - not sure what triggered it but he said he got bored - and revamped into UFOs and Esoteric.

Art tells the story that he was growing weary of politics so one night he opened the lines to flying saucers, aliens and other topics considered far out at the time. It was an immediate success that night but the management was not happy and wanted him to stop. Art showed management how the ratings had improved greatly and convinced them to let him continue. The rest is history.

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Interesting to see how perceptions of C2C, and of the Kellerstrass interview vary. Art Bell's been at it for a long time. He's bound to have become a little jaded by some of the more 'abstract' topics, and callers (trying to be kind here). So, I can accept a certain amount of his frustration and lack of patience. I have a problem when it becomes borderline abusive.

In Art's defence, he still does ok with ufology...he's at his best when the science-guys show up.

As for open lines...I couldn't host one session.

Peace &
Good Fortune
OBE1

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I think Art is vastly superior to George. George tries to inject (or interject) himself too much into the conversation at hand. Art has stated in interviews before (I'll try and see if I can find one) that he considers himeslf a conduit for his guests and that he presents them an open forum by which to present their theories and facts and allow the viewer to decide for themselves.

Art used to remain a lot more neutral in these sorts of terms... Not standoff-ish or anything, just a lot more reserved into how his thinking process was. True to his word, he was there to act as a medium, asking things that a lot of viewers would probably be asking themselves.

George, on the other hand, almost seems way *too* happy towards his guests, almost sounding like inherently agrees with them way too much, even if he may not.

But now that Art's back from his Oriental exile, I dunno. He sounds a lot crankier... Now it's a toss-up about who I prefer.

That and I'm half-convinced this whole Brother JC thing is a half-cocked scheme for ratings.

Oh, and I tend to enjoy open lines a lot. I think that unlike a lot of current affairs shows, an open lines segment or evening with this kind of climate is great in that it, at the very least, remains very entertaining, and once in a while insightful. I mean, how many Rush Limbaugh-type shows can have a caller phone in and claim they were possessed by the devil himself?

...Wait, maybe it's not as far-fetched as first assumed.

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I guess I will have to start listening again, but some of the topics are to far out there, even for me, and I can be pretty far out, lol

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Weirdoradio2
That and I'm half-convinced this whole Brother JC thing is a half-cocked scheme for ratings.

The same JC who has been calling in and ranting on various topics since 1996? I doubt very seriously that his calls are any boost to ratings. How would any listeners know he was going to be on? All the hosts seem pretty familiar with the special brand of insanity that he brings to the table and tend to humor him longer than the average trolls, That much is certainly true.

/tn.

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 10:55 PM
link   
All the years I was living in Green River Utah I heard about Coast to Coast but was only able to pick it up out in my car

Having a new baby I could not actually 'listen'...............but some fun friends would give me a recap if it was good.
Green River is situated on the Colorado Plateau and radio signals are sporadic at best. Your DREAMING if you want FM there hahahahahaha the town got their music and radio fix via MTV and CMC blecky poo :p

Now I moved to Salt Lake City I was SO HAPPY to finaly get to listen to Coast to Coast!! So of course my stereo gets stolen.
I focused on getting a computer then, over and above a sterio...........but now I got this cool clock radio 3 years back that picks up Coast to Coast clear as a bell! (pun intended)

Just in this last year I have really become a C2C addict.........
I missed most of last sunday night because I had my face stuck in front of HBO watching the HBO show "Bury my heart at wounded knee"

DGTempe...............PLEASE tell me about 'The Little Dragon'

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by teleonaut
The same JC who has been calling in and ranting on various topics since 1996? I doubt very seriously that his calls are any boost to ratings. How would any listeners know he was going to be on? All the hosts seem pretty familiar with the special brand of insanity that he brings to the table and tend to humor him longer than the average trolls, That much is certainly true.

/

Well, he's been a much more frequent caller recently, and... I know this is hard to imagine, he's a lot more outlandish.

Some people even like to speculate that he's Phil Hendrie, and... hmm. I wouldn't argue against that, if it were up to me.

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 11:42 PM
link   
The C2C show has become a little schizophrenic.

On one hand you have George showcasing a lot of up to date political speculation and information on 911 and the JFK asassination and other topics, while Art seems to be a pillar of the "sheeple" on 911 and mouths the most inane "they want us dead" and who-do-we-nuke-first garbage. A lot of times you get the impression that he doesn't even listen to George's segments because he will present as news, items that have been presented by George already.

Don't get me wrong, I love the program, for the most part. I just think they should self-criticize a little more to make the show better. The one thing that drives me nuts about George's presentation is his continual stumbling over people and place names that he hasn't seen before. Dude, do some prep!! All in all though, it's a great program and the only thing of it's kind in my neck of the woods. It opened a lot of doors for me.

[edit on 30-5-2007 by ipsedixit]

[edit on 30-5-2007 by ipsedixit]

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Sometimes it seems to me that George doesn't listen that well to his guests.
The way he asks questions sometimes is like he's reading from a script and will ask a question that has already been answered.

I used to like Art and thought he was very open minded, until the 9-11 thing that is. I have a hard time believing someone as open minded as Art would dismiss the 9-11 conspiracy and not even want to discus it.

I used to think the show was genuine, but now it's pretty obvious it's really nothing but a good ratings pull, and they really don't care about the subject matter. That's why Art is getting like he is, it's hard to keep doing something that you really don't care about. He doesn't need the money anymore so the passion is gone, and his 'act' is getting harder to pull off.

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Robert Collins sucked....and I think he's a liar. Collins was just not convincing in what he was talking about. Looks like Art thinks the same thing and cut the interview short at about a hour and 15 minutes into the interview.

Art was on his case from the get-go. I've listened to Art for 15 years and you can read his mood towards some people with his questions. He was letting Collins blather about not-much of anything except: "it's in the book in more detail" and Art said "I want to hear about it now", and Collins just couldn't answer and didn't know his stuff. Collins couldn't even get the EBE2 story (from his book) straight and that would be something that you could never forget...but of couse that is a story related to him by Richard Doty, so it's made up anyway.

Collins, to me sounded like a liar, when they try to steer you on to another tangent when the questioning is getting too tough. Art wasn't letting that happen and Collins couldn't keep his story straight and just kept saying "so in so told me this and I can't reveal anything more". So eventually Art just goes "Thanks Robert, I think we've exhausted the info you've given us" and that was it! Ha, Art just wasn't going to put up with it!

I have a pretty strong opinion that Collins and Richard Doty are two of the most untrustworthy people in Ufology. Either they just want money selling made up UFO stories as fact or they are a couple of 2nd rate disinfo agents. The whole SERPO thing made me wary as soon as I heard about Doty's name popping up that first week the Serpo story came out. And then what a coincidence Doty and Collins are trying to sell some blockbuster book about EBE-2 at the same time. The same book that is glowingly reviewed at the same time, by Bill Ryan who was the voice of Serpo. Someone may be innocent in all that, but unfortunately Doty is such a dirt bag that it ruins everyone else's reputation.

[edit on 31/5/07 by Atomic]

jhh

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Well when Hoagland wore out his welcome, I thought the show would improve. But then they went months straight talking about lucid dreaming. Once that was finally dropped Art wasted every weekend with false pseudo science. Ontop of that open lines has been reduced to people with severe complexes. People investng way too much of their life to wiccans and paganism, I swear these people are more dull than a guy preaching the word of god, never understood why hearings someones strange beliefs is facinating. Where are the ghost stories, semi believable ufo encounters, and just random good story telling that open lines would sometimes bring?

This show is in serious need of cutting back to no more tha 5 shows a week. Start doing taped interviews for believable guest, who are not selling books. And please start screening open lines, they are not helping themselves without at least getting a feel for what the person will say.

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 12:18 PM
link   
To each his/her own - - - I find ghost stories boring - - - much prefer hearing about Wicca and Paranormal.

However - a good facilitator IMO - - - would bring out the best in any caller - guest - and/or subject.

Both George and Art have their moments. Just not enough of them.

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK
Sometimes it seems to me that George doesn't listen that well to his guests.
The way he asks questions sometimes is like he's reading from a script and will ask a question that has already been answered.

I used to like Art and thought he was very open minded, until the 9-11 thing that is. I have a hard time believing someone as open minded as Art would dismiss the 9-11 conspiracy and not even want to discus it.

I used to think the show was genuine, but now it's pretty obvious it's really nothing but a good ratings pull, and they really don't care about the subject matter. That's why Art is getting like he is, it's hard to keep doing something that you really don't care about. He doesn't need the money anymore so the passion is gone, and his 'act' is getting harder to pull off.

DITTO

Except - - I do think Noory really cares - - he does need to improve his interview skills.

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 04:22 PM
link   
"Little Asia" was born yesterday. No fanfare, no play by play action. She's alive and well. You can all rest easier now!

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 04:30 PM
link   
For all you posters who can listen to a guest talking and tell how genuine or fake or whatever, permit me to doubt! Some guests are at ease and can speak freely and easily and convincingly. Others can't talk to 10 million listeners and be at ease. It takes a lot of practice. We can't all sound syrupy sweet and smooth like Slick Willy for instance! Even he wasn't telling the truth all the time!

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by plumranch
For all you posters who can listen to a guest talking and tell how genuine or fake or whatever, permit me to doubt! Some guests are at ease and can speak freely and easily and convincingly. Others can't talk to 10 million listeners and be at ease. It takes a lot of practice. We can't all sound syrupy sweet and smooth like Slick Willy for instance! Even he wasn't telling the truth all the time!

I sure agree with this.

There have been some really good informative guests - - who would have benefited greatly from some voice and presentation lessons.

Odd speech patterns and scattered presentation - - does not do an author good.

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I typed up the last minute or so of the interview. It's fairly accurate but I did shorten a couple things...

Art: Most of what you had to say, by your own admission, is... in fact none of it really is first hand informaton, but rather collected information from other sources.

Robert: Right, most of it is collected information from other sources, uh, and except for the stuff that was done at right pat [airforce base].

Art: Umm, in other words the documents you were handed.

Robert: Uh, the documents were...

Art: Was that what you were referring to?

Robert: Uh the drawings...

Art: Yes

Robert: No, the drawings in the book are official drawings from right pat.

Art: OK

Robert: They're official airforce drawings.

Art: Alright, and you're really certain of that?

Robert: Yah, because I have the drawings here with the labels on it with the, uh, airforce labels on them.

Art: But you did destroy the origionals.

Robert: I did destroy the origonals, right.

Art: Well, uh, if all this true it is surprising that you have not yet recieved a visit, heh, by the FBI or worse.

Robert: Well there's something here that, if you pay attention to something you know... might be real, uh, if they were to pay attention to me that would just draw the attention of everybody else.

Art: Well, there's some truth in that. Alright well listen Robert, uh, I want to thank you for being on the program. I'd like to invite people to, uh, take a look at your book, it's 'Exempt From Disclosure' or your website.............

Art: Alright well thank you for being on the program, you have a good night.

Robert: Alright thank you Art.

Art: Uh, take care Robert... That is Robert Collins, and uh, you can take that as you will folks. Uh, most of the information, I was hoping that it was going to be first person. You know 'I saw', 'I handled', 'I was part of', that kind of thing. But most of it was second or third hand information, with the exception, as he pointed out, of the, uh, the documents, which describe the underground areas, apparently, below right patterson airforce base, and certainly that has, uh, worth.

What I'm going to do is open the phone lines.................

So this pretty much clarifies exactly what happened...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join