It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Happened on Art Bell Sunday night?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I listen to the first hour of his show. At 3:00am he came back with the guest. I checked my clock and it was 3:11AM. I dozed off for a couple minutes and woke up at 3:22 and he was taking calls/open lines. Did he get angry with his guest? I checked the site and this all it says:

Recap
UFO Cover-Ups
Appearing for ninety minutes, retired Air Force Capt. and UFO investigator, Robert Collins, discussed his research into government and military UFO cover-ups. According to one of his sources, retired AF Lt. Col Ernie Kellerstrass, in 1959 an F106 was sent up to intercept a UFO in Japan, and ended up being pulled into the UFO's tractor beam. Kellerstrass also told him that in 1964, chemical and radiation testing was done at the Sandia Base on alien body parts.

Collins said he'd seen official drawings of tunnels, vaults and underground infrastructure at Wright-Patterson AFB. These secret facilities, which can be detected by radar, were alleged to house alien craft and bodies-- but such materials were moved primarily to Los Alamos National Laboratory and Area 51 around 1982-83, he stated.

He also spoke about "H5," an unstable element used in alien propulsion that can purportedly extract energy out of a vacuum. Scientists were not successful in trying to stabilize it at tests conducted at Los Alamos, he added.

The last hour and a half of the show featured Open Lines

Anybody know what happened/what I missed? Thanks!!!

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Maybe his child bride went into labor?

Asia was born??

I really dont know, i fell asleep, but it could have been the arrival of the baby.

God help us all, now we're going to have to listen to ALL ABOUT THE BABY for the next 10 years!!!!!

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 07:15 PM
link   
No, thats this week. He stayed on and took calls. I can tell Art must HATE open lines. Whats weird is at 3:11 he was talking to the guest. The guest sounded credible and was answering Art's questions with no problems. I did not detect any uneasiness with Art or the guest. At 3:22 it was open lines. What could have happened in such a short amount of time? I really need to buy me a versacorder!

A caller did call and said to Art,"Art, you were very fair with that guest". Art then interupted and said, "Thank you. I try to be. Whats your question?" Art sounded like he didn't want to go any further with the issue. Anyway, just thought someone here heard the show.

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Art Bell is a strange person, you know. Something probably set him off. Gee, i wish i knew what happened!

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Some of the people that call the open lines are pretty strange.
Once in a while they'll have a caller that makes sense, but usually it is someone claiming to be the "Maitreya" or some other abnormality.

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Art Bell is a strange person, you know. Something probably set him off. Gee, i wish i knew what happened!

He is sort of odd. He strikes me as someone who would be kind of hard to get along with, to be honest. That's just my opinion.

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 07:24 PM
link   
It could be his guest got mad at him and hung up!

Sometimes the lines drop and that could have ended it too.

Some of the callers are crazy too. I agree. Why do they lie so much?
I'll never forget the little dragon.

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ian-Devries
I listen to the first hour of his show. At 3:00am he came back with the guest. I checked my clock and it was 3:11AM. I dozed off for a couple minutes and woke up at 3:22 and he was taking calls/open lines.

I was listening at the time. The interview just kind of petered out. I think Art lost interest in the guy because he was just rehashing old 2nd/3rd/4th-hand stories and didn't have any first-hand experiences to offer. Art thanked the guest, said good-bye, and went to open lines.

[edit on 29-5-2007 by IAttackPeople]

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I sensed a growing weariness in the guest, and a prickly Art bell. I crave C2C most nights, but I find that Mr. Bell can be a little demanding with some guests, some nights. Constantly interrupting someone with what must feel like the 'third degree' because they aren't answering your questions precisely the way you would like...or because they're not following your particular line of reason...can begin to feel like an assault across several hours. I believe the guest was gradually wearing-down. Perhaps it was mutual, but I wouldn't be surprised if Mr. Kellerstrass simply bowed-out.

Just my impression.

Peace &
Good Fortune
OBE1

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Art Bell can be an energy zapping vampire! He wears people down. He's not interesting anymore because he doesnt speak the truth. He's more like Larry King now.

He used to be an alarmist, and if you notice now, he says "The news today...bad again..." then he proceeds to tell some of the news WITH NO COMMENTS. I emailed him once and asked him why he'd changed so much and he emailed me back and told me he was not at liberty to "speak what he feels"...I'm sure he really does get knocks at his door in the middle of the night by MIB's or the military- Its just that I expect him to be like before and he was always the type of man who stood his ground, in fact going as far as saying that "The day I cant speak my mind, that's the day i will quit the show forever"

Really, Art???

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I agree but I still enjoy Art. I think thats the difference between George and Art. Art is very proffesional & a perfectionist. I assume the interview was dragging or not up to Art's high standards. I know they do a pre-show interview before air time and I am guessing the guest was not giving the same answers he was during the pre-interview (again, since I never heard what actually happened I am guessing)

George would have dragged it out. This is why I think George is a joke anymore.He'll post ANY PICTURES on his site and has become a parody of himself. I wish Art would get a Satelite radio show or just do podcasts like Mysterious Universe. He could tape his shows and probably get more guests this way. I know they can;t pay their guests and they ask them to stay up for free and do their show. Why would they unless they are plugginga book or somehting? By doing a pre-recorded show/podcast you can get better guests and edit it to your satisfaction. Just my 2 cents worth.

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ian-DevriesI know they do a pre-show interview before air time and I am guessing the guest was not giving the same answers he was during the pre-interview (again, since I never heard what actually happened I am guessing)

I've been on that show twice and didn't have a "pre show interview". Tom the producer called me about 15 minutes before I was to go on and I just listened to the show through the telephone until George brought me on the air.

I see that Bob Collins is going to be on next Sunday.
Oh brother they are in need of guests in the worst way if they are dipping down to that level!

Springer...

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 12:35 PM
link   
While I enjoy c2c, I have gotten to where I don't hardly ever listen to it anymore. On Friday nights, I don't even bother with Ian Punnett or Punditt, or whatever his name is.

Personally, I like George over Art. Art Bell just seems a bit too crabby for my tatse. Hell, if I wanted to listen to crabbiness, I'd talk to myself.

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Ian is on Saturday nights.

Friday nights is Open Lines. Some like them - some don't.

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Here in Waco, Ian always comes on on Friday nights. I don't care for him. The open lines are okay...

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

Originally posted by Annee

Here in Waco, Ian always comes on on Friday nights. I don't care for him. The open lines are okay...

Oh OK - - - on C2C he is billed as the Saturday Night Part Time show.

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 01:10 PM
link   
From what Art says - he began as a political radio show - not sure what triggered it but he said he got bored - and revamped into UFOs and Esoteric.

Don't know if there were any other radio shows of that kind at the time - but Art already had an audience and his "edgy curmudgeon skeptical" personna - which fit perfectly.

When George Noory came on - he said he wanted to take the show more toward science. OK - good to be your own person - and not imitate Art.

However - if you want to take the show more serious and less hokey - you need to ask pertinent questions and be a more precise interviewer. George is not.

George says he doesn't read the guest's books - just peruses them - because he wants the show to be fresh and spontaneous. This makes no sense if you want to make the show more serious and science leaning.

IMO - George needs to step back - figure out where he wants the show to go - and make some serious choices.

I like George - but he needs to "step up" his interview skills.

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I stayed up and listened, First thing I noticed was that Art was not questioning him very much which told me he was not impressed with the info supplied. He only did a 2 hour interview which at the time surprised me. I was expecting Collins to come out with some new and convincing material. He did not. As Art said once he cut the interview short with all the diplomacy only he can, that he did not appreciate second and third hand accounts and each time he attempted to bring forth any , Collins referred to his 'book'. He probably mentioned the book at least 2 times per minute. So if you heard it at 3am it was arepeat of the first 2 hours.

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 02:20 PM
link   
In open lines Art said something along the lines of (in my words): I'm not interested in rehashed material - if you can't bring new stuff to the table - don't bother.

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 04:43 PM
link   
"Open lines" or "open phones" is a classic crutch for not having anything to talk about, or lack of show prep. In essence, letting the inmates run the asylum.

Its not always a bad thing, since its good to mix it up sometimes. . but when it happens all the time it makes a show harder to get into as a listener.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join