It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Semi Transparent UFO!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by -ufo-
TAKE A LOOK AT THIS!

Today, I glanced out of my bedroom window, and I saw this orb, that blended with the sky, hovering slowly North. I freaked out, and couldn't take my eyes off of it, it was really camoflauged into the sky, almost like it was bending light. I finaly ran and grabbed my roomates camera and I took this picture.

...then I zoomed in and took this!!

I didn't notice untill I uploaded to my computer, that the close up of the object shows a real faint purple spot in the middle of it. What the heck??

This is the most out of this world thing I have ever seen!

We need much more information. All the usual stuff, as exact and unvarnished as you can make it: where, when, what direction cloud cover, and so on. If you want to make the transition from story to evidence, a lot more work is needed.

Also, where is the EXIF data? Is the original, unprocessed image?

[edit on 30-4-2007 by disownedsky]

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by rocksolidbrain
I had to register to tell that. And I forgot to mention that in the middle of your ufo you can add a hint of pink or your fav color or preferably a color that you heard in some famous REAL stories.

and glad you did! welcome aboard!

Another hoaxer bites the dust... why do they bother?

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by tyranny22
so, the smooth halo was the embossment (is that a word?) of the transparent layer ... or mostly transparent layer anyway.

didn't think it look like the normal compression of a jpg or png especially when a pic goes from a blue sky to an object. almost always jags. the posted pic was unusually smooth around the anomoly.

Yes, thats right...not enough pixelation around the edges of the 'ufo'.
The poster also used a default sized brush (#5) to draw (it fits exactly) and simple blending tech. Very easy to spot for a casual photoshop user....
Also, he took exactly one picture and did not delete the old pics to make room in the memory....suspicious.

I couldn't find any exif data in the pic.

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 06:30 PM
link   
HAHAHA I had my 11 year old son come up and I asked him which one is real and which is photo shop, he guessed right in 2 seconds flat! Well I guess if your out to debunk than even a poor rendition of photoshop will suffice. Be kind this guy has seen something incredible and had the courtesy to post it here.

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Even if the original photo ISN'T photoshop, then what is that little "smudge?" No one here knows, and there is no way for us to find out... so what is the point? We are left with a photo of a smudge that might even be doctored...

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
dont you guys think its strange that he registered 10 days ago, and all of the sudden catches a ufo on camera.

Yes. I was just going to say that. You beat me to it.

hmmmmmmm ....

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
HAHAHA I had my 11 year old son come up and I asked him which one is real and which is photo shop, he guessed right in 2 seconds flat! Well I guess if your out to debunk than even a poor rendition of photoshop will suffice. Be kind this guy has seen something incredible and had the courtesy to post it here.

Do you call that a scientific method? LOL

The probability of guessing something right out of just two choices is 50% and even your pet cockroach would answer that question correctly half the time.

Remember the golden rule - if you can fake it, it was faked.
So far I've not said anything about the intentions of this guy, only shown that the same thing can be faked very easily. If he comes up with more evidence, well....big if.

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Well, this was pretty much exactly what I suspected in my previous post in this thread. At first I wanted to come off as smug and say "...and this looks nothing like what I've seen, not even remotely", but I have baaad experience in doing things as this. I usually end up the 'bad' guy that hasn't heard the guy out, heh.

Anyways, great job guys. Another spam poster put to sleep, and I only say this because I have a real problem with spam posters who only worsen the quality of this board.

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 07:01 PM
link   
That was a flaming fake

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Well, all we need is for sombody to do an ID check on the photo to see if it has been tampered with. A few here have that software (I can't remember who though).

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Hey guys I'm back. And wow, im really disapointed.

Who ever made the pic with the "photoshop directions" pretty much doesn't have their head on straight. Dude, anybody who tries, or is an artist, can duplicate a UFO picture with photoshop and use it as a debunk arguement. To use THAT as a debunk, is probably the most desperate attempt at an explination in the history of this entire mother f'n world.

It is completly insane that people like you would have the mentality to think, "hey I can make something like that in photoshop so it must be fake". Because then with that mentality, that would mean every picture on the internet is fake. I mean, I would kill myself if I was that ignorant and simple minded, and close minded.

WOW, I'm so disapointed at this world right now, because of people like you.

Let me show you what you look like in my eyes. To you this will seem "exagerated", but in reality to me, its just about equal to what you did.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!THIS PICTURE OF THIS BLUE ANGELS JET TAKING OFF IS FAKE!!! BECAUSE I CAN SIMPLY PAINT THAT WITH A PAINT PROGRAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[edit on 30-4-2007 by -ufo-]

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 07:52 PM
link   
-ufo- the problem with your above post is that the Blue Angel you artificially added looks nothing like the "real" Blue Angel. However, the "smudge" that the guy in this thread added to your photo, looks EXACTLY like the "smudge" you have in the original photo...

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I'm not saying this particular picture is real, and honestly, I don't even care if it is or not, but I do agree with -ufo-: just because you can replicate something in photoshop doesn't mean it's not real.

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Back on subject..

I have been reading these forums forever, I have also been a sky watcher forever, and have seen 100's of UFO's. It wasn't untill recently I finaly signed up to ATS, and it wasnt untill recently my roomate had his camera at our house ( I dont own a camera and wish i did so i can photograph all the ufos i find).

I am 23 years old, and I own my own house with 2 of my close friends paying me rent. I live in southern california, in a very expensive neighborhood on top of some hill tops. I am a helicopter pilot for a major company, and have been an aircraft fanatic sense birth. I also own an internet business.

I look to the sky 24/7. No doubt, when I'm flying and when I'm on the ground. I am always looking up, and always seeing things I can not identify. I can dentify thousands of aircraft's because I see them every day, but when I can'tidentify something, I instantly know its either E.T. or Secret Military stuff, because I can usualy identify anything, even by sound.

With that said, I will make it more clear. This picture was taken in southern california, and my bedroom window is pointing south. The mountains in the far back are the Sierra Madre mountians in Cali.
en.wikipedia.org...
The UFO was flying a little bit North East away from the camera position. If you compare the first picture with the 2nd close up picture, you can see it moved closer to the right side, if you use the tall tree as a reference. The 2nd picture was taken about 5 seconds after the first, so it wasn't moving that fast.

I was hypnotized by the object because it wasn't staying at a single transparency level. One spilt second it was fully visible then the next it was so faint it looked like it was a small cloud. It was kind of "flickering", like if the transparency device they used was unstable or failing or something.

Also, the camera my friend has, that I used, is an off brand one straight from china that he got off ebay for 11 dollars. Its like a Canon ripoff. The files that it uploads to the computer are PNG files and JPG files. It was not put through any computer editing programs.

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by -ufo-It is completly insane that people like you
WOW, I'm so disapointed at this world right now, because of people like you.

Oh, you mean us truth seekers? And you even got it all wrong, we didn't claim it was a fake because it was reproducible, we claimed it was a fake because there were clear photoshop marks, smudges still left on the image. So I'm sorry, but you don't Get to come in here and talk about 'people like us', when it's people like you who bring the UFO community to shame. But... you know, I could be wrong.. you could always provide the original image data and prove us all wrong, but I doubt you can.

[edit on 30-4-2007 by Drexon]

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Nice man, good job. I don't care what these skeptics say, I for one believe you.

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 08:16 PM
link   
ufo,
Don't be so defensive, your claim still stands. But the evidence is weak.
Perhaps you'd like to read the thread I started on what is considered useful in such situations.

Every year thousands of ufo's are seen, but people fail to collect any evidence for almost all of them. How unfortunate is that.....

Solid evidence becomes even more important because of the fact that such pics can be easily faked. It took me 5 min to make it and upload it.

Regards
RSB

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Diplomat
-ufo- the problem with your above post is that the Blue Angel you artificially added looks nothing like the "real" Blue Angel. However, the "smudge" that the guy in this thread added to your photo, looks EXACTLY like the "smudge" you have in the original photo...

I did that on purpous to add to the "exageration". I said earlyer that any ARTIST could duplicate anything with photoshop. Obviously I am no artist, or it WOULD look like the "real" Blue Angel. Problem is, I only spent 4 minutes painting that jet. If I or an artist took about 3 weeks on it, im sure it can be duplicated. Heck, I can download a Blue Angel 3D model from turbosquid.com and copy and paste it anywhere. How about that! That sounds ignorant as heck huh.

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by rocksolidbrain
ufo,
Don't be so defensive, your claim still stands. But the evidence is weak.
Perhaps you'd like to read the thread I started on what is considered useful in such situations.

Every year thousands of ufo's are seen, but people fail to collect any evidence for almost all of them. How unfortunate is that.....

Solid evidence becomes even more important because of the fact that such pics can be easily faked. It took me 5 min to make it and upload it.

Regards
RSB

Wake up buddy, how in the mother f'n world am I supposed to get evidence of a UFO, when ALL photo evidence is not acceptable because of people like you?

What am I supposed to do? Signal them to land and ask themfor some of their DNA so I can prove they are real?? How is the average man, with a camera, supposed to get evidence of a UFO. Please explain.

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by -ufo-

Wake up buddy, how in the mother f'n world am I supposed to get evidence of a UFO, when ALL photo evidence is not acceptable because of people like you?

What am I supposed to do? Signal them to land and ask themfor some of their DNA so I can prove they are real?? How is the average man, with a camera, supposed to get evidence of a UFO. Please explain.

That is the tricky part about proving that Aliens exist and are here on Earth. The short answer is Yes, yes you need to get them to land so you can get some close-up pics of them and their craft... otherwise all you have is a small "smudge" in the sky that isn't much proof of anything.

I know that might sound kind of stupid, but that is the way it is. So go ahead and keep posting pictures and videos of dots, but I'll be waiting for the REAL proof. If Aliens really are here and have been here as people claim, then it is inevitable that we will eventually have some footage or images that will be considered proof without a doubt. So I'll be waiting. And if it's 2050, and I'm like 75 years old, and I STILL haven't seen any real proof... then I think it will be safe to say that Aliens really aren't here. I hope they are here though and I hope someone will hurry up and get some evidence that simply cannot be denied...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join