It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Semi Transparent UFO!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 08:44 PM
link   
ufo,
dude, I don't want to argue on a smudgy pic. Better luck next time !, that s all I can say.
If you are not interested in gathering evidence, no issues, just sharing your story will do. But people who are more serious on this issue shall demand to know the truth, so be ready for that.
Photos were never an evidence, they are just a starting point in any investigation. "The camera never lies", this saying is unfortunately not true in this digital age.

Regards
RSB

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 08:59 PM
link   

quote from ufo
I am 23 years old, and I own my own house with 2 of my close friends paying me rent. I live in southern california, in a very expensive neighborhood on top of some hill tops. I am a helicopter pilot for a major company, and have been an aircraft fanatic sense birth. I also own an internet business.

And you don't own a camera...

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot

He doesn't own a camera huh? Then how exactly did he take the first picture?

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I'm sorry -ufo- but even before the proof was presented I could feel that the picture was simply a fake. It looks like the rest of the "meaty" UFO pictures that feel like they've been dropped onto a virgin picture, it's as simple as that.

Then when the counter evidence is presented to you which, by the way, is pretty damn strong you go into the typical "grrr, I'm mad, you're delusional" phase to try and slide off easy.

Let me ask you this: Why haven't you given us the raw photo yet? The original? Why keep it as a .png if you want to prove to us that this isn't a fake? It's pretty obvious isn't it?

You're the type of person that makes it so goddamn hard for people to look at any potential evidence without being completely suspicious. It's a pretty damn shame that you'd have to fake something to explain off your "100's of UFO sightings" which to me is astonishing because I've only seen one in my whole life time and that was years and years ago.

So drop the act, please, it's embarrassing.

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 09:21 PM
link   
[quote from Diplomat:]

Have you actually read the whole story.....No, I think not.

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Yeah, I noticed the soft halo around the object immediately. Kind of unusual to lay hands on an "original" photo at 200 lpi — makes it a lot easier to debunk at 600 lpi.

Light source is correct, as evidenced by trees and structures included in the shot.

However, it's got a faint drop shadow on the left, most apparent when you zoom in to max.

Hate to say it, but looks like a hoax, in my opinion.

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 4/30/2007 by Doc Velocity]

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by -ufo-
Back on subject..

I have been reading these forums forever, I have also been a sky watcher forever, and have seen 100's of UFO's.

Please do not take this the wrong way, I am certainly not saying that you are lying, as a witness to a UFO myself, but if you have seen hundreds of UFO's as you claim, why do you not own a camera?

I am 23 years old, and I own my own house with 2 of my close friends paying me rent. I live in southern california, in a very expensive neighborhood on top of some hill tops. I am a helicopter pilot for a major company, and have been an aircraft fanatic sense birth. I also own an internet business.

Please do not take this the wrong way but... you can't even spell (sense?, do you mean since?). How do you expect us to believe that you can pilot a helicopter and run a buisness? I'm not trying to be a prick , these are serious questions??? I'm not saying you have to be able to spell to do either but it does raise a flag.

I was hypnotized by the object because it wasn't staying at a single transparency level. One spilt second it was fully visible then the next it was so faint it looked like it was a small cloud. It was kind of "flickering", like if the transparency device they used was unstable or failing or something.

Very interesting, seems consistent with other stories I have heard.

Also, the camera my friend has, that I used, is an off brand one straight from china that he got off ebay for 11 dollars. Its like a Canon ripoff. The files that it uploads to the computer are PNG files and JPG files. It was not put through any computer editing programs.

Once again, I have a huge problem with someone seeing hundreds of UFO's and not feeling the slightest inclination to buy a camera. If you were exaggerating I can understand, but even seeing 10 ufo's would be enough, Heck I saw one UFO and was on the roof the next day taking pictures of anything and everything, anyway just my 2c

edit spelling

[edit on 30-4-2007 by kleverone]

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 10:24 PM
link   
rocksolid, i knew it was a fake the minute i saw it. I was playing around with the blending options in photoshop and had come across it a week ago, so it looked so fresh in my mind. Obviously you are a much more experienced photoshop user who can demonstrate how -ufo- did the fake. Voted way above. Thanks

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 10:27 PM
link   
As was said above, if you are that desperate to prove yourself, post the original, unedited image off your camera so we can get the EXIF data and analyse it.

Unless it is the original image, than nothing but conjecture can be reached.

As far as the png goes, the photoshop signs are obvious. Unless you can provide the raw data then it is an open and shut case really.

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Also, if it's a PhotoShop file, then the EXIF data has been stripped. As you know, PhotoShop will stamp the word ADOBE or A.D.O.B.E all throughout the EXIF of any image it saves. I get nothing but garbage in the EXIF on this photo, not even the name of the camera manufacturer.

And... If this $11 Chinese Canon-rip-off camera takes 200 lpi PNG files of this quality (which is pretty damned good), then I want to know where I can get one.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Yeah this is pointing towards a hoax.

Even his name -ufo-, it's like his agenda is to try to see if he could create a ufo in photo shop and see if it could pass off as a real ufo... what better place to test your photo shop skills then a place where people analyze these photo's daily.

I will still give him the benefit of the doubt but right now it's looking more like a hoax then anything else.

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by selfless
Yeah this is pointing towards a hoax.

Even his name -ufo-, it's like his agenda is to try to see if he could create a ufo in photo shop and see if it could pass off as a real ufo... what better place to test your photo shop skills then a place where people analyze these photo's daily.

I will still give him the benefit of the doubt but right now it's looking more like a hoax then anything else.

I am gonna have to say that once again selfless is on point. This op raises so many flags you would think this was Iwo jima, OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHH, Yes I really did say that!

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 11:14 PM
link   
-ufo-, the credibility of your photo looks grim. It does seem to be quite the fake.

There is only one thing you can do to try and salvage this situation.

Post the original RAW image directly from the camera.

If we get the original, we might be able to tell for sure whether this is faked or not. I cannot say that I am very hopeful, but if you want to reverse the popular decision on this - get us the original.

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by danx
I'm not saying this particular picture is real, and honestly, I don't even care if it is or not, but I do agree with -ufo-: just because you can replicate something in photoshop doesn't mean it's not real.

I am standing in this line to.

When I first saw it I was like WHOA HOW COOL!!!!
but then Mr Rocksolid stepped up & has done a very convincing debunk job.....including naming the #5 brush size.....
I would be convinced totally by this...................

BUT
I have seen such a site & it looked like the same dang thing, and I believed in my soul this was a cloaked UFO..............so maybe -ufo- is NOT photoshopping anything.....maybe he is showing the actual pic of what he saw....because I know in MY case nobody was 'photoshopping' the sky above Salt Lake City...............
The clincher to my 'beliefs' about this however is, I am convinced these craft are OURS and not Alien. I think this is Black Ops in the 'sorta transparent' flesh.

[edit on 30-4-2007 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by theRiverGoddess
I am standing in this line to.

And no one would blame you for doing so, but please read my second to last post.

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 11:37 PM
link   
i thought it was a water droplet on the camera hmm...I think what makes me not believe this even more is the angry 'you're INSANE if you dont believe me' response. While i do agree that just because you reproduce something in photoshop doesnt mean that it is fake.....(even though i really liked how it was duplicated..made my night
) This IMO is fake. Good night everyone...

[edit on 4/30/2007 by ImpliedChaos]

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by -ufo-
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!THIS PICTURE OF THIS BLUE ANGELS JET TAKING OFF IS FAKE!!! BECAUSE I CAN SIMPLY PAINT THAT WITH A PAINT PROGRAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Granted this is definately not a solid mockup of a Blue Angel but from this we can see that he has Photoshop and because he said he made this in 5 minutes... he's got skill.

This has to be fake... cumon dude where's the original?

[edit on 1-5-2007 by kronos11]

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Diplomat

Originally posted by nerbot

Nope I don't own a portable easy access high resolution camera. I do however own a web cam, and a cell phone camera, both of which do not zoom, and probably would have swallowed the UFO in pixels.

b.t.w. the camera I used was my roomates.

[edit on 1-5-2007 by -ufo-]

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 03:07 AM
link   
So -ufo-, are you going to post the orginal image? Also what model is your room-mates camera?

[edit on 1-5-2007 by nowthenlookhere]

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Velocity
Also, if it's a PhotoShop file, then the EXIF data has been stripped. As you know, PhotoShop will stamp the word ADOBE or A.D.O.B.E all throughout the EXIF of any image it saves. I get nothing but garbage in the EXIF on this photo, not even the name of the camera manufacturer.

And... If this $11 Chinese Canon-rip-off camera takes 200 lpi PNG files of this quality (which is pretty damned good), then I want to know where I can get one.

— Doc Velocity

I'm not lying. This camera is straight from China LOL. This UFO is real.

B.T.W. the pictures I posted ARE the originals.

Why would anyone try to photoshop such a high resolution image?

[edit on 1-5-2007 by -ufo-]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join