It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tommorow, April 13th, Special Day

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by selfless
Huh another big line in the sky, this ain't a shooting star nor a contrail.

It looks like a giant rod.

Yes it does. I'm going to listen to Coast to Coast in a few here to see if there are any callers from that area talking about anything strange in their skies.

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Anyone check the FAQ for that camera…
Its not a normal camera, its for star observations:

The 150-Foot Solar Tower Towercam
Frequently Asked Questions Page (FAQ)

Q8: Are those white specks I see in the sky at night stars?
A: Yes, the camera is actually sensitive enough to record many of the brighter stars, although there are a few bad CCD pixels interspersed in there too.

Q10: What was that strange light seen on last night's image a UFO?
A: If by "UFO" you mean an alien spacecraft, the answer is: Probably not! Invariably, what Towercam viewers call "UFO's" turn out to be the streak of time-exposed aircraft lights, the overexposed image of the moon, a falling meteor, or some internal lens reflections within the camera.

Q11: Are you conspiring with the government to hide certain images that would prove the existence of an alien spacecraft hiding behind the sun?
A: No. In fact as scientists, any one of use would welcome the opportunity to actually PROVE that there is an alien spacecraft hiding behind the sun. But there almost certainly isn't, so we don't waste time on the proposition.

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

Originally posted by selfless
Huh another big line in the sky, this ain't a shooting star nor a contrail.

It looks like a giant rod.

Yes it does. I'm going to listen to Coast to Coast in a few here to see if there are any callers from that area talking about anything strange in their skies.

Ends up that this is an airplane, the other things we were seeing were reflections of car headlights.

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Wild... selfless has some great pics. selfless please email them at Mount Wilson and see what you can find out? The rod one is wild.

Some of the horizontal things appear and disappear and I'd like them to be aircraft lights on long exposure...

Their web admin will look at the logs tomorrow and see a honkin' traffic spike I'll bet.

That was so cool and genuine fun.

Vic

[edit on 13-4-2007 by V Kaminski]

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I took a screen cap of the image selfless posted. It just seems to be a camera error. It is in the center near the top of the picture.

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 11:28 PM
link   
oh well, that pretty much explains everything we saw... dissapointed but happy.

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by V Kaminski
Wild... selfless has some great pics. selfless please email them at Mount Wilson and see what you can find out? The rod one is wild.

No don’t do that, from their FAQ it does not appear you’ll get a positive answer as apparently folks see the things we saw tonight all the time, and they must be sick of answering those types of questions.
Check my post above for the FAQ link…

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Well at least we looked.

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Oh well, no 'eye opener for hundreds of thousands of people' but a hell of a lot of fun all the same. thanks guys, i'll put any pics I have which aren't already up tomorrow, now I need sleep.

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Here's a few I caught... 4 and 5 are good.. They show the rod object in both pictures, but it's not the same object.

EDIT:
Made links /img links as the /ats was making the pictures too wide and I didn't want to upset people with messing up the thread sizing.

[edit on 13-4-2007 by HaTaX]

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Could be right... I wonder if they have a running cache set, one of ours does and records several frames per minute and flushes every 24 hours.

It'd be neat to have the raw images of the last hour or so. Great fun.

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Anyone looked at other cams? i only looked at this one cam, if there is anything in the sky anywhere it's probably not in this view span, the chances are small.

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Our office cam faces SE and didn't see anything like... like this. It seemed darker than the Observatory pic... I'll assume because the Observatory cam is set up "special" as the FAQ does say.

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Yeah it's starting to make sense now because it's dark right now in LA and well the more it gets dark the more the overall picture is glowing and causing these strange effects.

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Cmon guys and gals, a 'normal' looking CONTRAIL during daylight hours looks completely different and LIKE the images from the webcams as posted. The contrail would appear to light up. It looks very strange and many a report have been made over the years in regards to these lit up trails during the periods of dusk-sunset time

on-no.net...

l.yimg.com...

l.yimg.com...

www.airphotona.com...

Couple the effects of a crappy webcam pic and the dusk sun angle effects and you may have the images as posted.

As far as the color in the webcam pics not being pinkish, notice the LA city lights what color they appear to be in the images.

[edit on 13-4-2007 by greatlakes]

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 11:46 PM
link   
They changed cam filters i think, it's now darker and i can see a cluster of star looking objects in a straight line like we saw a few times before but now you can see them better.

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 11:46 PM
link   
So can the mod close this thread?

Lock trash it kill it?!

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 11:48 PM
link   
You're a bit late greatlakes and creating a sort of echo in here hehe.

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I took this photo myself, of a jet, one night.
It's about a 15 second exposure.
The "rod" is a jet.

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by greatlakes
So can the mod close this thread?

Lock trash it kill it?!

Man relax, we all had fun and appreciated the thread.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join