It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are your inner thoughts?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I’m interested in where people’s heads are at in regards to UFO’s and ET’s. What I’m after on this thread is a better understanding of peoples inner thoughts on this phenomenon.

I’ve currently reached the following conclusions in my search:

Sane normal people really do see UFO’s.

Most intelligent people with a basic understanding of what the Universe is, accept that there must be life on other planets. The question is; is it intelligent and is it possible to travel the distances involved.

What people are calling UFO’s may be extraterrestrial or secret military craft or both. I've seen two and I have no idea what they were.

Some people may have interacted with real Alien’s but many that make that claim are lying to get attention or are mentally ill.

Most UFO photos and videos are fake or a case of mistaken identity. Some of them appear to be genuine but lack substantiation to give them credibility. Taking into account that there are so many in the later category my mind is still open.

Many people are writing books or making documentaries based on lies to take advantage of naïve or weak minded people just to make money. They are confidence person’s plain and simple. Many of the books and tapes fall into this category. Not all of them though. Some seem to be doing genuine research with the right intent.

Some, who are into the UFO phenomena in a big way, are using their belief as a pseudo religion. We as a species seem to have an inherent need to have a higher power or an explanation of why we are here. The concept that there is nothing after death is so unacceptable to our sensibilities that we need a higher power to cope with death. This may be a product of evolution to keep us from committing suicide. Others are using the perceived cover-up by our governments as an outward expression of their hatred for being controlled.

I see no conflict between a belief in these things and religion. It is possible to believe in both.

The incidents that seem the most credible to me are:
Roswell.
The UFO’s over the Whitehouse.
The recent incident at O’Hare.

Please, no arguing or baiting! I just want to know where other people’s heads are at on this topic?

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 01:54 AM
link   
I'm someone who wants to believe... but I have not had a personal experience that makes me think... hmm something is definitely going on.

I have seen a few things in my life but nothing that truly made me question what I saw and leave me wondering.

I think the main problem with UFO research is getting people to take it seriously.

Plenty of sane people have witnessed things they cannot explain, including the last Canadian prime minister Paul Martin. Politics aside, he is quite sane.

I do not bring religion into my world of UFO's.

The world is filled with too many fakes and the fakes are getting easier to make.

I feel the world will not believe until they have physical proof. Even if the president of the united states said UFOS ARE REAL ! ALIENS ARE HERE ! Until people see them they wont believe.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Its my opinion that this subject is real and the biggest conspiracy/cover up to have ever existed.

Extraterrestrials, for reasons of defense, offense, scientific study, or altruism are coming to our planet secretively. Possibly for a very long time. Our governments are hiding this fact as best as they can by attacking ETs when they can, confiscating evidence, and threatening or possibly even killing witnesses.

IMO our governments do this because they fear the change that will come from public understanding of ETs and their societies. Which means the cover up comes down to one word: control. Our own history has shown that people from primitive civilizations get assimilated into more advanced civilizations when they come across them. Either by force or by acceptance. Our governments, in particular the wealthy who hold power on our planet, do not want to see any sort of change to their power structure. This revelation has the definite possibility to destroy their control.

As far as ET reasons for coming to this planet, I suspect very little of it is truly malicious in nature or else we would have already been conquered. What is going on appears to be scientific survey and defensive spying on their part. Overt contact is avoided for some reason. Either they have rules against being overt to a more primitive civilization, which does not appear to be the case to me. Or they will not use force to become overt as would likely be required against our governments. Or, and this is how I really think it is, that our governments are holding our planet hostage from open contact. Any overt steps taken by ETs would likely be met with our governments pulling some deadly violent trick upon our population in order to maintain control.

[edit on 21-2-2007 by Frith]

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Its one thing to say government cover up. But don't the aliens have free will? They can do what they want.

If they want to show up why don't they. Government rules? Pfft.

What about all the rebel aliens ! Where are the rebels?

Maybe they crashed?

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dulcimer
I'm someone who wants to believe... but I have not had a personal experience that makes me think... hmm something is definitely going on.

I have seen a few things in my life but nothing that truly made me question what I saw and leave me wondering.

I'm with you on that. I have seen two objects I can not explain but my head keeps telling me there must be another explanation. It's like we are programed to reject the idea, but inside we want to believe.

I feel the world will not believe until they have physical proof. Even if the president of the united states said UFOS ARE REAL ! ALIENS ARE HERE ! Until people see them they wont believe.

I think the opinions people express publicly and what they believe inside are two different things due to the stigma attached to admitting a belief.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frith
Its my opinion that this subject is real and the biggest conspiracy/cover up to have ever existed.
[edit on 21-2-2007 by Frith]

You may be absolutely correct in this. It may also be that they were right in hiding it from the masses. In some cultures, like here in the US, we may be ready but in many others I just don't know if they are ready to swallow that pill yet.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dulcimer
But don't the aliens have free will?
If they want to show up why don't they.
What about all the rebel aliens ! Where are the rebels?

Another question might be do we really have free will or has our path been a controlled experiment all along. So many questions and so few answers

Rebels - Now I've got this image of a Reptiloid in a Confederate uniform in my head

new topics

top topics

join