It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As smart as an american! Wtf LOOOOL

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Yep
I agree, Americans are free to be as stupid as they please!

Some take that opportunity with both hands, and use it to the BEST of their ability.

Some refuse to be seen as that, and strive there lives to be achnowledged as an academic.

But, the only thing that bothers me about it all,

Is when your president PREY's on the people who take the opportunity.
When he exploits it and gets the %51 he needs to do what he pleases.

But It is something used as a comical joke!

I remember sitting on a train on the outskirts of Dresden.
I got into the wrong seat by mistake, and the conductor came through and very publically told me
'' You have taken the wrong seat, please get up and move ''

I stood up, grabbed my bag shook my head and said
'' stupid americanz..... ''

Everyone on the train laughed!

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
I remember sitting on a train on the outskirts of Dresden.
I got into the wrong seat by mistake, and the conductor came through and very publically told me
'' You have taken the wrong seat, please get up and move ''

I stood up, grabbed my bag shook my head and said
'' stupid americanz..... ''

Everyone on the train laughed!

To quote Homer: "It's funny coz it's true"

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by phoenixhasrisin
There is nothing to be done about it, that's the great thing about America. Who am I to tell people to be more intelligent? Or are you suggesting that we all report for re-education?

Well doesn't it all start with your education system? You think it's fine that your education system is failing your children, and setting them up to be nothing but stupid consumers?

Everything starts with you. If your education system is screwed up it's up to you to do something about it, your government isn't about to.
It's called taking responsibility.

Freedom isn't an excuse to allow others to fail on your behalf. Make your freedom work, don't use it as an excuse to do nothing. The system is screwed up because people have allowed it to become screwed up.

Make the authorities answerable to you, not the other way around. Take control of your life and your country. If you are apathetic then you deserve the system you have.

Make your voice heard, and don't stop till the system is forced to change for the better. If you don't then it will only get worse, and you'll end up with a president who can't string a complete sentence together...

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Its not what your country can do for you...
Its what YOU can do for your country.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by MicheleLee
I have considered removing the TV's from our home as a positive experiment for a certain amount of time to see the results in a few select areas. I know it will be a major adjustment, but it’s an experiment I would like to try. I just might do this soon ... If I do I will post my results someday.
it takes a while to forget about your favorite programs, but you do need to fill in that time.

remember america, which side throws the rocks, in the israeli palestinian issue. WHICH SIDE THROWS THE ROCKS, thats classic. lol

green days, american idiot song comes to mind.

[edit on 26-1-2007 by andy1033]

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 11:10 AM
link   
With creative editing anybody could be made to look like an idiot.

Here’s another bunch of American idiots for your consideration.

[edit on 26/1/07 by ConspiracyNut23]

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 11:17 AM
link   
do you know that usa, is like the size of the continent of europe. you are a collection of countries made into a union, like what europe is now.

find me a list of europeans that have won the nobel prize. its just that america runs around telling us they are this and that, when the society has many flaws.

watch this also

www.youtube.com...

it must be nice to be a parent in america, especially if your poor.

[edit on 26-1-2007 by andy1033]

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cocker
It would be prudent to have an exam before qualifying to vote, the world would be a far safer place.

And an exam qualifying people to reproduce.
God forbid we run some sort of quality control on this country's future generations.

[edit on 1/26/2007 by Sunsetspawn]

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by xbadger
The original video that started this thread was an Australian broadcast.

It was an Australian journalist, it wasnt an Australian broadcast. It was broadcast by CNN New York.

The journalist in question is i think based in the US as i have not seen that footage here in Australia.

We have a program here where a guy goes out into the streets every week exposing stupid Australians by asking them simple questions, its no big deal in fact most of them laugh at themselves when they realise what theyve said is completely stupid.
What i find amazing is a sort of funny video has caused so much angst on here, maybe it should be a video about Americans lack of a sense of humour.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by sky1
but it's amazing to me that ANYONE would ponder the question "What country begins with U"? This is basic, basic knowledge. Utah!?!?!?

I really hope that was sarcasm.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Uh Oh the secrets out. While America has some of the worlds finest minds it also supports some of the worlds dumbest people. I'd say with or with out editing most of the people in that mockumentry were almost as dumb as the people that made it onto the final edit.

The average american is unbelievably dumb. No offense, and I'm an American. Don't get me wrong though. Like I said, some of the worlds finest intellect live here, unfortunantly we have created a system with so much excess that people can cheat natural selection and survive from day to day and not get themselves killed, which they would have if they live elsewhere.

Not comparing us to say some african pygmies living in the Ituri Forest out beyond the Congo who's population on average think that Tucans are mytical avitars of dieties or something (I made this last bit up) but compared to most of high civilization say across the pond, we're pretty collectivly dim.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 09:05 PM
link   
And some wonder why our Education system is in shambles. That was sad and terrible. People like this help keep these crooked politicians in office and keep those certain groups looking forward to world domination.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Whilst everyone else is busy discussing the myriad reasons behind the average IQ of the American sheople , I will be happy knowing that there will be someone to pick up my trash tomorrow...who just might have actually fought in some war for me as well. God bless America!!!

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 11:10 PM
link   
We won the war, that's all that matters.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soitenly
We won the war, that's all that matters.

Which war would that be ???? Vietnam, Korea, Afghanistan or Iraq ? As I see it the first 2 were failures as with Vietnam the south fell, Korea still has the North Korea fiasco and the last 2 wars are in flux.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 11:58 PM
link   
^I was thinking he is under the illusion that the US of A single handedly won WWII...

A common misconception...

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by BASSPLYR
Uh Oh the secrets out. While America has some of the worlds finest minds it also supports some of the worlds dumbest people. I'd say with or with out editing most of the people in that mockumentry were almost as dumb as the people that made it onto the final edit.

The average american is unbelievably dumb. No offense, and I'm an American. Don't get me wrong though. Like I said, some of the worlds finest intellect live here, unfortunantly we have created a system with so much excess that people can cheat natural selection and survive from day to day and not get themselves killed, which they would have if they live elsewhere.

Not comparing us to say some african pygmies living in the Ituri Forest out beyond the Congo who's population on average think that Tucans are mytical avitars of dieties or something (I made this last bit up) but compared to most of high civilization say across the pond, we're pretty collectivly dim.

Someone mentioned in an earlier post about how few Americans had lately read a book. Amazingly few.

An huge lot of Americans get thier daily knowlege and information from the television which tends by its very seduction propertys to do our thinking and analyzing for us.

I have often chided different peoples on different posts as to being "Publically Educated" "did you go to public school??". My translation of this is that we have been television educated and it shows clearly in many.

It is in fact no different in our actual public education institution institutions. They are paid for by the body politic. The body politic are certainly not going to educate you sufficient to put light on thier activitys. Why would they give you enough knowlege to do this to them when they can put you on an emotional string like Jerry Springer and hence gaurantee how you will vote. Just enough to keep you on the string for thier purposes.

How many people do you folks know who cannot describe some thought, concept or idea outside of a movie or television program they have watched?? When you see and understand enough of this you realize these people have no real life experiences of thier own. What they know is second hand from someone elses point of view. THey are "Watchers" not thinkers and doers.

When you tie these patterns together this cannot be accidental but deliberate.

The average American knows more about the rubbish coming across the screens in their televisions than about the world around them.

How many will be going way out of thier way to prepare for this weekends bowel game but not for actual thinking??
I will not be watching the superbowel game this weekend. I will be taking advantage of the abscence of people in the stores and on the roads after kick off time to get some much needed shopping done.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by orangetom1999

Originally posted by BASSPLYR

How many people do you folks know who cannot describe some thought, concept or idea outside of a movie or television program they have watched?? When you see and understand enough of this you realize these people have no real life experiences of thier own. What they know is second hand from someone elses point of view. THey are "Watchers" not thinkers and doers.

When you tie these patterns together this cannot be accidental but deliberate.

The average American knows more about the rubbish coming across the screens in their televisions than about the world around them.

How many will be going way out of thier way to prepare for this weekends bowel game but not for actual thinking??
I will not be watching the superbowel game this weekend. I will be taking advantage of the abscence of people in the stores and on the roads after kick off time to get some much needed shopping done.

Thanks,
Orangetom

So where exactly are you getting your knowledge? Unless you're conducting pioneering research, you too receive almost all of your knowledge second hand!

Where you get your knowledge is less important than what you do with it afterwards. This is what separates thinkers from slackers.

Of course, there are exceptions to this rule, and generally the TV is not regarded as the best choice for obtaining knowledge.

In terms of the Superbowel........ I'll be watching Sunday, I love football. If this, in your opinion, makes me less of an intellectual then perhaps you may want to consider getting a life. Have fun shopping!

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by racerzeke
but these people are successful, i would rather have my kids idolizing someone who is wealthy than some bum on the street

Famous for being in a house with other non-entities or for singing dire songs that is. Kids today are getting the idea that all you have to do is appear on tv to be successful. Nobody tells them about the hundreds that don't make it and end up on the dole because they haven't had an education.

Even on those quiz shows, like Who Wants To Be A Millionaire or The Weakest Link I'm shocked at how people get the easiest questions wrong.

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by mazzroth

Originally posted by XphilesPhan

How else can you explain something that most people have, or in the case of physics, will never expierence?

Well reading is the first step, then learn how to spell and then you may get some EXPERIENCE.

[edit on 25-1-2007 by mazzroth]

Don't get at the guy about his spelling. It's easy to hit the worng keys when you're typing you know!

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join