It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As smart as an american! Wtf LOOOOL

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I think it goes without saying that its 'edited', would've been tough to make it without any editing eh!

I think it also goes without saying that the people interviewed ARE pretty representative of the american public.

So, world, stop laughing, and start listening to us, because we're powerful enough to wipe you out, AND crazy enough to do it! MWHAHAHAAHAHA

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by RetinoidReceptor
I hate things like this, and to see people from other countries believe Americans are like this is SAD. Maybe you should learn a little about ratings and editing. I can go into the UK and find many people who don't know who the Australian prime minister is, that doesn't mean they are dumb. I can go find people in Australia who don't know geography that well too. They edit out the smart people.

But whatever.

You are undeniably correct with that assumption, the funny bit is this though my freind....when ever there is an Anti-US thread a large portion of responders can't take the critisism and respond in a manner that indicates that they take everything too seriously.

I say ease up and have a laugh with them and they will actually warm to you but when every comment is met with " My country will turn yours into a glass parking lot" mentality, it pretty much supports alot of the popular myth's going around about Americans in general.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xeros
I know that there are alot of intelligent Americans outr there but, I must say that everyone who I know, who has travellled there has told me (forgive me but I'm being honest) of how stupid/ignorant the vast majority is. Ie, and I quote "What language do you speak in England? Is it German?" I could go on but It's too cringeingly bad, as this video is.

Then they must be speaking to stupid Americans because everyone I know here knows how the "British" accent sounds. And it isn't German. The truth is the vast majority are not ignorant or stupid. You are just conditioned to think we are. But you can think most Americans are ignorant if you like, it doesn't harm me in any way.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Hah, the Brits think tony blair is so much better, he's the one taking orders from our president.

What does that tell you?

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan
If I tell you that the general theory of relativity states that the effect of gravity is a result of a curvature in space-time, how the hell are you supposed to know what I am talking about without defining the terminology and giving examples?

Well for a start if you picked one of those interviewed in that clip and tried to explain the theory of relativity I would say your stupid as well.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Well the brits have managed to get rid of Tony Blair, what does that tell YOU?

Who is the Queen of Ostralyia anyway? :p

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by myowncrusade

Who is the Queen of Ostralyia anyway? :p

Elton John

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bonebutcher
... i didnt know there was people that is this stupid!! ROFL!!

Before you make a thread about "stupid" people, you should watch your "stupid" grammar.
ROTFLMAO!!!

No offense.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by RetinoidReceptor

I know that there are alot of intelligent Americans outr there but, I must say that everyone who I know, who has travellled there has told me (forgive me but I'm being honest) of how stupid/ignorant the vast majority is. Ie, and I quote "What language do you speak in England? Is it German?" I could go on but It's too cringeingly bad, as this video is.

Then they must be speaking to stupid Americans because everyone I know here knows how the "British" accent sounds. And it isn't German. The truth is the vast majority are not ignorant or stupid. You are just conditioned to think we are. But you can think most Americans are ignorant if you like, it doesn't harm me in any way.

Well that's cool, I'm not saying that it's true, hovever, it's just an impression which I've got from many freinds. Asking an English person if they speak German?
Anyway You're cool.

Did you know, the Ostrich was named after Ostraylia?

[edit on 25-1-2007 by Xeros]

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by rocknroll

Originally posted by Bonebutcher
... i didnt know there was people that is this stupid!! ROFL!!

Before you make a thread about "stupid" people, you should watch your "stupid" grammar.
ROTFLMAO!!!

No offense.

LMFAO!!
Nice one rocknroll!

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I think to be fair to Americans we should kill this thread and have one started that says something like " What country do the dumbest people come from ?" and even up the debate to be fair and balanced

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Look,.... I base most of my opinions about my fellow Americans on a few things

(1) What interests most Americans

(2) What percentage of Americans actually take out the time to read,keep up with current events

(3) What they talk about

Now, in my opinion, most Americans, not all, but most average Americans, fail using my three points of intelligence analysis.

What do most Americans find interesting?

Movie actors, singers, celebrity figures. Come on!! Who cares what these people are doing ,have done, or are going to do? I certainly don't... and neither does most of academia.

What percentage of Americans actually read? Well, I just stated that 60% have admitted that they have never read a book in their life. That to me certainly does not speak well for the intelligence of the average American citizen.

What they talk about...

Have you heard the average conversation that people engage in? This may not be exclusive to Americans... If you are going to talk about something, talk about something of importance, not garbage... "oh yeah man, that is such a cool video game." or... "Oh hell yeah, did you hear those popping lyrics."
Oh,yeah, it takes real intelligence to discuss those things.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by mazzroth

You are undeniably correct with that assumption, the funny bit is this though my freind....when ever there is an Anti-US thread a large portion of responders can't take the critisism and respond in a manner that indicates that they take everything too seriously.

I say ease up and have a laugh with them and they will actually warm to you but when every comment is met with " My country will turn yours into a glass parking lot" mentality, it pretty much supports alot of the popular myth's going around about Americans in general.

you are the one going on the attack and you cannot deny there is a large amount of anti-US sentiment on this board whether it is justified or not.

I dont recall anyone saying they were going to turn any country into a "glass parking lot." Alot of this is a result of pride. Alot of Americans are very proud of their country and rightfully so, we have accomplished alot.

euros are always the one trying to slam our education system, yet they have never accomplished what the US has in science and technology. They are VERY close, but they arent quite there yet. So, to make yourselves feel better and regain some national pride you make videos like these and make foolish statements.

let me ask you something, if you asked people in any industrialized nation, "who is the president of the United States?" why would almost all of them know who he was? The reason is because anything of consequence happening in the world lands on one man's desk in North America. The whole world looks to the US because we are the most advanced, educated, and capable of accomplishing large tasks. This is the source of your angst despite your denying it and calling me arrogant for calling you out on it.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I
Hate
Tea.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Anyone who basis their opinion of American intelligence, as a whole on this video, is just as ignorant as the people that were questioned in the video.

In my humble opinion.

That's all I'm going to say on this subject...

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I've seen this everywhere now, it's true.
I've decided it's because they want us to think we're stupid. We all know how that man on the spot stupidity works.
Truth is - now is probably better than it ever was - for the number of well-informed people able to vote well.
They don't want that to be interesting - easier to shame people into thirty second embarrassments convinced opening their mouths is a good joke to tell.
So it gets played again and again -
Opens up avenues of derision instead of discourse.
Maybe you agree on other things
but on this they draw those ranks
circle the wagons
those things
Hidden americana
like social
wernickes.

[edit on 25-1-2007 by clearwater]

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 08:24 PM
link   

The truth is the vast majority are not ignorant or stupid.

The vast majority of americans ARE ignorant and stupid. Thats generally true for any country. Intelligent, well educated people who are familiar with world events are almost allways in the minority.

The average is a bunch of jibbering goons.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan

you are the one going on the attack and you cannot deny there is a large amount of anti-US sentiment on this board whether it is justified or not.

Mate to be fair there is derogatory comments on all races here and if you looked through the threads here over time you will see even us poor old Aussies cop a slamming
but I take it as a laugh, turn it around and wear it like a badge of honour.

Why is it that you being "thin skinned" is my problem ? I say its yours and if critisism cuts you so deep then perhaps you should objectively look at the reasons why and not just blindly get defensive.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Clearwater said:

've seen this everywhere now, it's true.
I've decided it's because they want us to think we're stupid. We all know how that man on the spot stupidity works.

What about when you have Americans saying that most Americans are not very intelligent, is that some international conspiracy as well? Hmm...

[edit on 25-1-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Hey XPhiles care to specify any large tasks the US has accomplished recently?

Haha, I'm only winding you up :p.

But in seriousness these threads come up quite a bit because the US hasn't got a great rep at the moment, it's just a shame that no-one cares to do anything about it because I agree, the US has the resources financially and in manpower to accomplish anything.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join